Are you looking for the answer to the question “How to reheat pizza in the air fryer?”? After a long time of making my pizza at home as well as reheating it at home, I have achieved a process of reheating pizza in the air fryer effectively.
I will share some useful knowledge that I know with you, so this article will give you detailed instructions as well as some fantastic tips to reheat pizza in the air fryer for achieving a high result.
If you are finding fantastic ways to reheat leftover pizza, this post will be useful for you. So, keep reading it carefully to get the expected result.
How To Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer?
When you have leftover pizza at home or pizza stored in the freezer, you can thoroughly reheat quickly, conveniently, and easily with the air fryer. This article will give you detailed instructions for reheating pizza in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to reduce the cooking time.
- Place a perforated parchment sheet or foil on top of the air fryer basket
- Put it on top of the perforated parchment or foil
- Cook the pizza for about 3 to 4 minutes
- After the first 3 minutes, you should open the air fryer to check.
- Wait for the pizza to cool down and enjoy your result.
Why Should You Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer?
When it comes to reheating foods, it’s always the microwave that does the job. So does it work for air fryers? Or the gap between air fryers and microwaves will ruin every thing. Let’s first talk about why people opt for the former instead.
First, after a period of time, the quality of the pizza will no longer be the same. Specifically, the pizza will not be crispy at this time, so reheating the pizza in the air fryer will help it to be as brittle as when it was freshly made.
Today, the air fryer is becoming an indispensable item in the kitchen of every household. It not only makes cooking easier and faster but also ensures the quality of the dish. And reheating pizza with an air fryer is also quick and assures the quality of the pizza.
In addition, you can use any type of air fryer to reheat pizza. Whether reheating in a basket or oven, the pizza will still have the same quality as the original. It is good for you because you will not have to worry about which type of air fryer to choose.
In addition, any type of pizza can be reheated in the air fryer. You can reheat thin crust pizza in the air fryer, and you can do the same with regular crust pizza. Likewise, air fryers are also one of the few ideal methods to reheat deep dish pizza.
Some Useful Information That You Need To Know About Air Fryer
You do not want to eat fried foods that are too greasy. Do you find it uncomfortable when frying food with oil that burns you and dirties the kitchen? In this section, I will show you some fantastic information about air fryers to help you understand more about them.
1. What Is The Air Fryer?
Air fryer(1), also known as vacuum fryer, was born with the purpose of reducing the amount of frying oil to ensure the health and overcome the downside of oil splashing when frying with a pan.
The heating mechanism of the heat bar (mayo wire), the cooling fan has the function of circulating heat throughout the surface of the food to help them cook evenly from the inside out.
The mesh-shaped frying basket helps excess fat flow to the tray below, and the dish will be cooked deliciously and not stagnate. Frying trays and baskets are usually covered with non-stick coating, easily removable, convenient to get food, and clean after use.
2. Some Advantages Of The Air Fryer
Using an air fryer only takes about 15 to 20 minutes for the dish. Although there are different kinds of air fryer, most of their oven capacity is about 3 to 5 liters, allowing it to fry 800 grams to 1 kilogram of food.
Cooking with an air fryer reduces the amount of oil used by 70 to 80 percent, protecting health and saving money. In addition, when frying, the oil does not splash, cause burns, and dirty the kitchen.
How To Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer?
After learning some useful information about air fryers, you will come to the most essential part of this article, which is how to reheat pizza in the air fryer. You will have a chance to know ways to reheat leftovers and frozen pizza in the air fryer.
Detailed Instructions For Reheating Leftover Pizza In The Air Fryer Basket
Let’s start today’s lesson together with instructions for reheating leftover pizza in the air fryer basket. You need to follow closely to achieve good results.
To reheat leftover pizza in the air fryer basket, you need to prepare some things, such as oil spray, air fryer, and perforated parchment sheet.
To get the high result, you should follow these instructions step by step.
- Step 1: Before you start reheating pizza, you should preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F. If you want to reheat thin crust pizza, the appropriate temperature is 325 degrees F. Because the thinner the pizza crust, the faster the pizza will be heated.
- Step 2: For better reheating effects, it is recommended to place a perforated parchment sheet or foil on top of the air fryer basket.
- Step 3: Put it on top of the perforated parchment or foil. You need to ensure the distance between the pizza pieces and ensure that they don’t overlap.
- Step 4: You should cook the pizza for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the pizza is as crispy as you want it to be.
- Step 5: To ensure the quality of the pizza, after the first 3 minutes, you should open the air fryer to check. After checking, you can cook another 1 to 2 minutes if you are not satisfied with your pizza.
- Step 6: After you check the quality of the pizza as you want, wait for the pizza to cool down and enjoy your result.
The above process I have done and gives a high result. The pizza after reheating with an air fryer basket will be crispy, and fragrant like a freshly made pizza. If you have an air fryer at home, do it right away.
Let’s listen to the practical instructions to reheat leftover pizza effectively.
How To Reheat Leftover Pizza In The Air Fryer Oven?
Besides reheating pizza in the air fryer basket, you can also reheat pizza in the air fryer oven. Basically, the process for reheating pizza in the oven style is similar to the basket style. But I still give the detailed instructions for you to get a high result.
- Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F for thick crust pizzas and 325 degrees F for thin crust pizzas.
- Step 2: Place the pizza in the middle tray of the air fryer oven, this will help the pizza to be crispy, delicious, and cook more evenly.
- Step 3: Reheat pizza for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Step 4: After the first 3 minutes, you should open the air fryer and check the condition of the pizza, and reheat until the pizza is crispy.
- Step 5: Take the pizza out of the air fryer and wait for the pizza to cool down enough to enjoy. If you don’t plan on eating the pizza immediately, consider a few ways to keep your pizza heated until it’s ready to serve.
In addition, to get the high result for reheating pizza in the air fryer oven, you should pay attention to these following tips. I hope you will reheat correctly and have the crispy and delicious pizza slices.
The oven-style air fryer has multiple pull-out trays, while a basket-style air fryer has only one pull-out basket. So, when you have an oven-style air fryer, you can reheat more pizzas at once than in a basket air fryer.
An extremely essential thing that you need to keep in mind when reheating pizza in the air fryer oven is the location of the pizza. You should not put pizza on the bottom or top shelves because pizza will take longer to cook and burn more easily when placed in those positions.
To get the best-reheated pizza, I highly recommend that you put the pizza in the middle tray. So, to reheat pizza in the air fryer oven, follow the same steps as reheating in the air fryer basket and pay attention to the quantity and placement of pizzas.
Let’s reheat pizza with an air fryer oven and see what the result will be.
How Long Do You Reheat Leftover Pizza In The Air Fryer (Chart)?
To make it easier for you to time your pizza reheating in the air fryer. I will give you a detailed table of the time to reheat leftover pizza in the air fryer according to the quantity and thickness of the crust.
|Number of slices||Thick crust (360 F)||Thin crust (320 F)|
|1 to 2 slices||3 to 4 minutes||2 to 3 minutes|
|3 to 5 slices||4 to 5 minutes||3 to 4 minutes|
|6 to 8 slices||5 to 6 minutes||4 to 5 minutes|
Best Method To Reheat Frozen Pizza In The Air Fryer?
What if you can’t finish your pizza? Is it possible to freeze the cooked pizza? Will it become soggy and unappetizing once it’s completely thawed? There’s no doubt that you’d want to preserve the amazing taste of pizza to the best of your ability.
Fortunately, it’s entirely possible to freeze cooked pizza and reheat it with an air fryer without compromising its freshness or its taste. Surprising, I know. Now, I will give you instructions for reheating frozen pizza in the air fryer.
- Step 1: To reduce reheating time, it is recommended that you preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2: Place a piece of foil or a perforated parchment sheet on top of the air fryer tray or basket.
- Step 3: Remove pizza from the freezer, then place the frozen pizza on a tray or basket and cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Step 4: After 4 minutes, you should open the air fryer to check the pizza, cook until the frozen pizza heats up and the cheese melts.
- Step 5: Once your frozen pizza is warmed up to your liking, take it out of the air fryer, pair the pizza with some deletable side dishes, and enjoy.
The air fryer is certainly very useful, isn’t it? You do not have to wait long to be able to eat pizza after a long time in the freezer. Not only that, the quality of the pizza is still as good as the original.
You can completely reheat frozen pizza in an air fryer. Let’s do it together.
The Times And Temperatures To Reheat Frozen Pizza In The Air Fryer (Chart)
There are different types of frozen pizzas, so the times and temperatures you apply to reheat the pizzas also vary. I will give you a specific and easy-to-understand table of times and temperatures to reheat different types of frozen pizza.
|Types of frozen pizza||Time (minutes)||Temperature|
|Frozen French bread pizza||5 minutes||350 degrees F|
|Small frozen personal pizza (mini pizza)||6 to 8 minutes||400 degrees F|
|Ellio’s pizza||5 minutes||350 degrees F|
|Personal frozen deep-dish pizza||6 to 8 minutes||400 degrees F|
Some Fantastic Tips You Need To Pay Attention To When Reheating Pizza In The Air Fryer
To reheat pizza in the air fryer effectively, there are a few tips that you should pay attention to. In this section, I will give you some great tips for reheating pizza in the air fryer.
Do Not Heat Pizza Slices Of Various Thickness
When you want to reheat several slices of pizza at the same time, you should not reheat different varieties of pizza (meaning pizza of differing sizes and thicknesses). This will make the pizza slices cook unevenly.
Letting Pizza Slices Overlap Is A No-No
You should not let pizza slices overlap. Because this will make the surface of the pizza will not be heated evenly. The pizza slices on top will not be as crispy as you would like. So please pay attention to the density of the pizza slices when placing them in the air fryer.
Adding Some Butter, Garlic, And Oil On The Surface Of The Pizza To Make It More Delicious
If you want your pizza to be crispier and more delicious, you should spread some butter, garlic, or oil on the surface of the pizza crust before reheating. This will make your pizza slices look more appealing.
Checking The Quality Of The Pizza Regularly
During pizza reheating, when you check your pizza if your pizza turns brown, you should reduce the temperature of the air fryer to 25 degrees F. This will help keep your pizza from burning.
Placing A Piece Of Aluminum Foil To Save Time On Cleaning
To save time and effort on cleaning the air fryer after reheating the pizza, it is recommended to place a piece of aluminum foil to prevent cheese from sticking to the air fryer. You can also cut small holes in the foil for a crispier pizza.
You can also place your pizza on a plate to reheat your food in this kitchenware. For those who are unsure about whether to put a plate in an air fryer, as long as you use an oven-safe plate that can withstand high heat, it works.
You should pay attention to the pizza reheating time if you are using a larger air fryer. Because when reheating pizza with a larger size air fryer, your pizza will cook faster.
Do you have more questions you want to be answered about reheating pizza in the air fryer? In this section, I will answer the most frequently asked questions on this topic. I hope these answers will satisfy you.
It is not difficult to reheat pizza in a short time with an air fryer. However, you need to apply the right method to make your pizza slices crisper and tastier. I hope my sharing can make your life better.
I do not know if you have started reheating pizza with the air fryer yet. Are the results as delicious as you expected? If the results are not what you expected, please review this article again to do it correctly and with high efficiency.
Let’s spread this useful information to others by sharing this article. If you have any other great tips or tricks, feel free to share in the below chatbox. Thanks for reading!
- En.wikipedia.org. 2021. Air fryer – Wikipedia. [online] Available at: <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_fryer>.
- En.wikipedia.org. 2021. Ellio’s Pizza – Wikipedia. [online] Available at<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellio%27s_Pizza>.
Table of Contents
- How To Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer?
- Why Should You Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer?
- Some Useful Information That You Need To Know About Air Fryer
- How To Reheat Pizza In The Air Fryer?
- Some Fantastic Tips You Need To Pay Attention To When Reheating Pizza In The Air Fryer
- Sharing Your Result Of Pizza After Reheating In The Air Fryer
Leave a Reply