Best basmati rice is a unique rice variety from India. The word “basmati” comes from the Hindu word “bas” and “mati,” which translates to “fragrant”.
This basmati rice is especially different from other rice types because it contains both vitamins and minerals, fiber, carbohydrates, and protein while having less fat than most other types of rice, so overall it’s better for health.
In addition to having better compounds than other varieties of rice, basmati rice also contains nutrients that provide incredible benefits to the body, making it the food of choice for either dieters or humans who have health problems.
Due to their somewhat similar appearance, basmati and jasmine rice are often mistaken for one another. However, when you contrast basmati rice with jasmine rice, you’ll notice that they’re quite different in taste, aroma, and in some cases, applications.
Classification Of The Basmati Rice
Basmati rice can be divided into two categories: brown basmati and white basmati. To know how two different types of rice, which is good and suitable for each object, you can refer to the following analysis:
- In terms of color: White basmati rice is white, slightly clear, while brown basmati rice is brown, light brown, or ivory.
- In appearance: White basmati rice has long, slender, and thin seeds, while brown basmati has long grains, but its belly is wider.
- About users: Brown basmati rice is generally very good for people with diabetes, diet, or heart disease because it contains high fiber content, no cholesterol, low-fat content and glycemic index. Besides, white basmati rice is suitable for all people, from children to pregnant women, who just get up sick, eat this rice very well.
- About cooked rice: Brown basmati rice is fragrant, loose, not stick together, not blooming much, with a characteristic brown color of this rice line. About white basmati rice, after being ripe, it will be sporadic, double in size, and very scented.
- Nutritional composition: According to the USDA (Nutritional Database of the US Department of Agriculture), in general, 200 grams of white and brown basmati rice contains different nutritional content as follows:
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||White basmati rice||Brown basmati rice|
|Energy||205 calories||216 calories|
Health Benefits Of Basmati Rice
Not only does it taste delicious, but it also offers a lot of benefits for your health. Let’s see what those benefits are!
Suitable For People With Diabetes
Many people with diabetes think that they will have to say goodbye to rice dishes after being diagnosed with the disease. With basmati rice, that is simply not true. Basmati rice actually has a lower sugar metabolism than other types of rice, according to the Canadian Diabetes Association.
The GI of basmati rice is lower GI than other regular kinds of rice (the GI of basmati rice = 58), so this is a good choice for you to maintain and increase your health.
The carbohydrates in basmati rice are difficult to digest, which lead to low blood glucose levels. Therefore, basmati rice can actually help the blood sugar regulation of diabetics.
Good For Dieting And Keeping A Healthy Weight
Foods that are high in fiber can help control your eating needs, limit the amount of fat your body absorbs, and help you feel fuller faster. Basmati rice is high in amylose, a carbohydrate that is difficult for your body to digest, so it is much easier to avoid snacking if you eat foods containing these carbohydrates.
Fiber is also a contributing factor in maintaining a healthy weight for the same reason – controlling appetite. Consuming rice with a lot of fiber leads to the fat being excreted out faster than absorbed into the body. So it can be said that basmati rice is a diet-friendly food that supports weight loss goals and gives you more energy.
Promote Brain Activity
Basmati rice contains a vitamin called thiamine, commonly known as the brain vitamin. Not only improve concentration and memory, but it can also help with the active functioning of the nervous system and promote positive thinking in general.
Eating basmati rice can prevent serious diseases as well as increase memory and intelligence in everyday life.
That is the important health benefit of basmati rice.
Excellent Energy Supply
Basmati rice is rich in complex carbohydrates, substances that increase metabolic activities in the body.
Carbohydrates provide the basic functioning of the nervous system and brain. That’s why nutritionists recommend eating at least 50% carbohydrates in your daily calorie intake.
Basmati rice contains healthy carbohydrates that will help boost your energy levels and help you complete daily tasks without feeling sluggish and tired during the day.
Support Cardiovascular Health
Basmati rice contains unsaturated fats, which are considered to contain significantly less bad cholesterol. Hence it is considered a heart-healthy super-cereal.
Scientific research has found that a good daily intake of fiber (about 25g) can protect the heart from fatal diseases. Soluble fiber can reduce cholesterol absorption because it combines with bile. That way, the bad cholesterol is excreted faster, and your cholesterol will eventually decrease.
Great Support For Digestion And Anti-Constipation
The soluble fiber found in basmati rice aids in promoting movement in your digestive system and helps in easy excretion. In fact, research shows that reducing fiber intake may be a cause of constipation as well as other related conditions.
Easy water replenishment helps avoid stomach pains and discomfort caused by constipation and indigestion, which makes basmati rice a real help for those struggling with stomach problems.
Prevent The Formation Of Cancer Cells
One of the outstanding benefits that fiber provides to the body is its ability to prevent cancer cells’ formation. It is not easy to find rice with as much fiber as basmati rice – it contains almost 20% more than conventional rice.
Reduce Symptoms Of High Blood Pressure
If you regularly eat basmati rice, it is more likely that your blood pressure will drop due to certain nutrients in this rice. Basmati rice contains magnesium and potassium, two minerals that scientific studies show that they can help lower blood pressure if consumed in moderate to high amounts per day.
Basmati Rice Comparison Table 2023
Basmati rice has so many benefits that you will be overwhelmed, right? Therefore, now let’s continue to see the 10 best basmati rice brands today:
|Best Basmati Rice Brands||Dimensions||Weight||Type||Ingredients|
|Lundberg California Organic Basmati Rice - Best Overall||5.5 x 5.6 x 3.2 inches||2 pounds||Brown rice||Organic California brown basmati rice|
|Royal Authentic White Basmati Rice - Best Budget||12 x 6 x 12 inches||15 pounds||White rice||Authentic Himalayan Mountains basmati rice|
|My Skinny Rice Low GI Basmati Rice - Best For Diabetics and Weight Loss||11.9 x 9.4 x 4.1 inches||17.64 ounces||White rice||Low GI Basmati Rice|
|SEEDS OF CHANGE Organic Basmati Rice - Best Brown||1.24 x 5.12 x 7.28 inches||8.05 ounces||Brown rice||Water; Brown Basmati Rice; High Oleic Sunflower Oil; Sea Salt; Soy Lecithin|
|Pride of India Extra Long Basmati Rice - Best White||6 x 3.75 x 3.75 inches||1.5 pounds||White rice||Indian White Basmati Rice|
|Daawat Ultima Extra Long Basmati Rice - Best For Biryani||14.92 x 10.59 x 4.33 inches||10 pounds||Brown rice||Indian Basmati Rice|
|VeeTee Rice & Tasty Instant Basmati Rice - Best for One Person||8.81 x 7.36 x 4.88 inches||9.9 ounces||White rice||Natural Steamed Rice, Vegetable Oil, Salt|
|Tasty Bite Organic Basmati Rice - Best Organic||5.2 x 4.6 x 1 inches||8.8 ounces||White rice||Water, organic basmati rice, organic sunflower oil|
|Dunar Elonga Premium Basmati Rice - Best for Daily Use||14.72 x 10 x 3.82 inches||10 pounds||White rice||Basmati rice|
|Crown Premium Extra Long Basmati Rice - Best Extra Long Grain With Aroma||14.61 x 11.14 x 4.92 inches||10 pounds||White rice||Basmati rice from Pakistan Himalayas|
Which Are The Best Basmati Rice Brands For Your Healthy Diet?
With my experience and emotions, the best basmati rice brands of this year are Lundberg and Royal because I really love the rich aroma of their rice, not to mention the healthy nutritional content they give to the body.
I also want to mention Pride of India and Seed Of Change with their ease of processing and great benefits.
Please join me in reviewing the best basmati rice brands in 2023 below:
- Best Overall: Lundberg California Organic Basmati Rice
“Cultivated with eco-agriculture, non-GMO project verified, gluten-free and rich in protein, vegan, and contains no animal ingredients, pure aroma of Indian basmati rice.”
- Best Budget: Royal Authentic White Basmati Rice
“Aged for at least 12 months, non-GMO, gluten-free, Fat-free, Kosher, Halal, and vegan certified, authentic from the Himalayan’ foothills, can be used for many dishes.”
- Best for Diabetics and Weight Loss: My Skinny Rice Low GI Basmati Rice
“Gluten-free, trans-fat-free, Kosher certified, no pesticides and chemicals, No artificial flavors, colorants and preservatives, contains up to 4 grams of protein, contains slow-release carbohydrates”
- Best Brown: SEEDS OF CHANGE Organic Basmati Rice
“For instant use, made with USDA certified organic ingredients, no artificial colors, flavors and preservatives, microwave for 90 seconds, can be used for vegetarians.”
- Best White: Pride of India Extra Long Basmati Rice
“100% Indian raw natural basmati rice, aged for at least two years, longer and thinner particle size, no BPA, no GMO, no gluten, vegan, and suitable for many diets.”
- Best For Biryani: Daawat Ultima Extra Long Basmati Rice
“Premium long and smooth seeds, aged for a minimum of two years, native to the foothills of the Himalayas, large package for long term use, top taste and texture.”
- Best for One Person: VeeTee Rice & Tasty Instant Basmati Rice
“Gently steamed for instant use, does not contain gluten or preservatives, no artificial colors or flavors, packed in a convenient microwave tray, keeps fresh and authentic taste.”
- Best Organic: Tasty Bite Organic Basmati Rice
“USDA organic, non-GMO certified, no saturated fat and cholesterol, no sodium and preservatives, vegan and gluten-free, can be cooked in the microwave.”
- Best for Daily Use: Dunar Elonga Premium Basmati Rice
“Certified kosher and non-GMO, provides protein and high in fiber, coming from the Himalayas, large size for daily use, no sodium, extra long grain, authentic texture, and taste.”
- Best Extra Long Grain With Aroma: Crown Premium Extra Long Basmati Rice
“USDA organic and non-GMO, grown in the Pakistani Himalayas, aged for about two years, cleaned several times for the best hygiene and ideal for weight loss.”
My Reviews For The Best Basmati Rice Brands in 2023
Come on; I know you can’t wait for this part! 10 best basmati brands will come to you with the most detailed and caring reviews of someone who is extremely passionate about eating – it is me! You must definitely not miss it!
1. Lundberg California Organic Basmati Rice
Lundberg gives you an organic fragrance with true Indian white rice. When using this rice, you will create signature dishes of Indian cuisine with irresistible delicious taste and are good for your health.
Besides, this basmati rice is gluten-free, so most people can consume these rice dishes without worrying about gluten getting into the body. This is also a healthy product suitable for everyone, even vegetarians.
This organic basmati rice is eco-cultivated, which means you get all the health benefits of natural ingredients.
By consuming it, you can not only process a variety of dishes but also receive health benefits thanks to the naturalness of rice.
You can watch this video to know more about the organic rice of Lundberg.
- The whole grain rice is cultivated with ecological agriculture
- Non-GMO project verified
- Gluten-free and rich in protein
- Vegan and contains no animal ingredients
- Pure aroma of Indian basmati rice
- Process a variety of dishes
- Good for your health
- The grain is very clean when taken out of the pouch
- Reusable zip pouch for easy using
- It takes a long time to cook
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||160 calories, 1% fat (0.5g), 11% carbohydrate (34g), 3g protein, 2% iron|
|Serving size||¼ cup (45g)|
|Serving per container||20|
|Packaging||Zip pouch (32 oz)|
2. Royal Authentic White Basmati Rice
Do you desire an authentic basmati rice experience? Royal Brand provides authentic basmati rice from the foothills of the Old Himalayas for best taste. Royal White Authentic Basmati Rice is fragrant with fine grains to replace the sticky texture like other rice varieties.
What’s more, Royal Brand is among the most recommended brands to purchase white rice.
This type of rice has no fat, GMO or gluten, and is also Kosher, Halal, and Vegan. You don’t have to worry about the question “can I eat rice on a vegan diet?” when choosing this basmati brand. Rest assured that it is suitable for a wide variety of diets!
Moreover, this type of rice is aged for more than 12 months to bring optimum taste and quality. Therefore, cooking rice will bring a great taste that anyone can enjoy. The tempering process ensures this rice doesn’t have an unpleasant sticky texture every time it is cooked.
Besides, this basmati rice is often used in mixes, stir-fries, and curries; you can also enjoy it as a side dish. For instance, it’s great as a side dish for serving with butter chicken. This rice is also very easy to cook; you can cook it quickly for 15 to 20 minutes, improving the quality of your diet.
You must watch the chefs who are talented with Royal basmati rice in this video!
- Aged for at least 12 months
- Non-GMO, gluten-free, fat-free
- Kosher, Halal, and vegan certified
- Cooking in less than 20 minutes
- Authentic from the foothills of the Himalayas
- Go through a thoughtful process right from the moment it is planted
- Can be used for many dishes
- Cook with a stove, microwave, or electric pot
- Ideal for many diets and vegans
- Unusually, the plastic pouch inside may be split
- Should be stored in sealed containers to avoid external impact
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||160 calories, 13% carbohydrate (36g), 2% potassium (63mg), 4g protein|
|Serving size||¼ cup (45g)|
|Serving per container||151|
3. My Skinny Rice Low GI Basmati Rice
(Best for Diabetics and Weight Loss)
You can consider My Skinny Rice Low GI Basmati Rice as a healthy alternative to traditional rice. This is because the rice is USDA organic certified, kosher, and gluten-free. It also contains no artificial flavors, preservatives or colorants.
Besides, most people can eat this basmati rice because of its delicious taste and safety. My Skinny Rice’s rice contains slow-release carbohydrates, has been clinically tested and proven to be safe for people with diabetes.
Moreover, this rice has absolutely no pesticides and chemicals to keep your body healthy. It is also aged for up to two years for authentic flavors and textures. You can use it to prepare a variety of South Asian dishes, especially as a side dish for Indian meals.
- Gluten-free, trans-fat-free
- Kosher certified
- No pesticides and chemicals
- No artificial flavors, colorants and preservatives
- Contains up to 4 grams of protein
- Contains slow-release carbohydrates
- Low sodium and fat content
- Suitable for diabetics
- Good for your health
- Ideal for a healthy diet
- Zip pouch form can be used many times
- Quite expensive
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||160 calories, 14% carbohydrate (36), 4g protein|
|Serving size||1/4 cup (45g)|
|Serving per container||11|
|Packaging||Zip pouch (17.64 oz, pack of 6)|
|Brand||My Skinny Rice|
4. SEEDS OF CHANGE Organic Basmati Rice
It’s not an exaggeration when I say that SEEDS OF CHANGE is one of the best brands to get brown rice from. After all, they have searched the world for their organic brown basmati rice to provide you with the healthiest experience.
The great thing is that SEEDS OF CHANGE brown basmati rice has been USDA certified organic and very pure because its ingredients are all-natural, contain no preservatives, artificial colorants, or artificial flavors.
As this product contains no preservatives whatsoever, it might require you to learn some techniques to extend rice’s shelf-life. However, it’s actually not as complicated as it sounds. In fact, you’ll probably get the hang of it in no time.
With its great aroma and rich flavor, this basmati rice makes a nutritious addition, perfect as a side dish to top on salads or to add to stir-fries. You will definitely love combining this brown rice with your favorite vegetables.
With just 90 seconds of processing, you will get truly delicious healthy basmati rice. Just microwave this pouch of rice, and it’ll cook to perfection.
Especially when you buy SEEDS OF CHANGE products, 1% of each sale will be dedicated to projects that help the community grow more food. Really meaningful, right?
- Made with USDA certified organic ingredients
- Does not contain artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives
- Microwave for 90 seconds
- Can be used for vegetarians
- For instant use
- Microwave friendly pouch
- Extremely good for your health
- Combined with a variety of dishes
- Ideal for eating with green vegetables
- The pouch is disposable, so you don’t need to clean it up
- Contribute to community projects
- Poor packaging, zip may be damaged
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||220 calories, 4% fat (3.5g), 16% carbohydrate (43g), 5g protein, 4% iron (0.6mg), 2% potassium (130mg)|
|Serving size||1 pouch (240g)|
|Serving per container||2|
|Packaging||Zip pouch (8.5oz, pack of 12)|
|Brand||SEEDS OF CHANGE|
5. Pride of India Extra Long Basmati Rice
The name of the brand “Pride of India” gives you a lot of expectations, right? Incredibly, this product will fulfill all your expectations for a true Indian long-grain white basmati rice. Pride of India Extra Long Basmati Rice is a raw rice form that you can use to mix with different foods.
If you love to try out new recipes, this white basmati rice will be the main base for many innovative recipes. The rice inside is extremely long and thin, so it is ideal for all different side dishes and desserts.
Besides, this product is a hundred percent natural and uses quality ingredients to keep you and your loved ones healthy. In particular, this basmati rice undergoes two years of tempering, improving its nutrition, quality and tastes a lot.
What’s more, it’s a 100% natural product, certified for BPA and GMO-free, is also vegan, and meets most dietary requirements. Another highlight of this rice is that it comes in a food-grade plastic jar that is completely sealed and for your safety.
- 100% Indian raw natural basmati rice
- Aged for at least two years
- The grain size is longer and thinner
- No BPA, no GMO, no gluten
- Vegan, suitable for many diets
- Improved nutrition and quality
- Contains many antioxidants and protein
- Store in a food-grade sealed plastic jar to ensure safety
- Ideal for many different dishes and snacks
- Cooking time is a bit long
- The taste may not be rich when cooked with plenty of water
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||155 calories, 11% carbohydrate (34g), 6% protein (3.02)|
|Serving size||1.5 oz (42.5g)|
|Serving per container||16|
|Packaging||Jar (1.5 Pounds)|
|Brand||Price of India|
6. Daawat Ultima Extra Long Basmati Rice
(Best For Biryani)
If you are passionate about long grain rice, then check out Daawat Ultima Extra Long Basmati Rice. This rice has been aged for two years to give it a great taste and texture.
Grown in the Himalayas foothills, this basmati rice is “authentic” rice and you don’t need to worry about its freshness. When purchasing, you can choose from a 10-pound pack or five, six, or seven packs if you want to buy in bulk.
Besides, the rice grain of Daawat Ultima is extremely long and smooth. When you cook it, you will feel the mild taste and great aroma, but will not drown out your dish’s spices. You can use this rice to make mixed rice, soups, and stews, etc.
- Premium long and smooth seeds
- Aged for a minimum of two years
- Native to the foothills of the Himalayas
- Large 10-pound package for long term use
- Top taste and texture
- Can be used in various dishes
- Gentle fragrance and taste
- Ideal for assorted rice, soups, and stews
- The packaging is poor, so insects may get in
- Should be stored in a closed container
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||150 calories, 12% carbohydrate (35g), 3g protein, 6% iron|
|Serving size||1/4 cup (45g)|
|Serving per container||100|
|Packaging||Pouch (10 pounds)|
7. VeeTee Rice & Tasty Instant Basmati Rice
(Best for One Person)
Do you want to eat basmati right away without waiting? The special steamed VeeTee Rice & Tasty Instant Basmati Rice is sealed to keep this wonderful rice’s freshness and authentic flavor. It also comes in the microwave tray for easy use right away.
This is versatile basmati rice with scent and spongy grain that are suitable for many different dishes. It has also been shown to be gluten-free, has no artificial colors or flavors, and is completely preservative-free.
The special thing is that this basmati rice has been gently steamed to give you the microwave version. You just need to cook it completely within two minutes. Taste and freshness must remain intact.
Whenever you want, just unpack it for a healthy snack. This rice is versatile enough to use for all kinds of dishes, from savory to sweet. You can also easily bring this package to the office, classroom, or anywhere.
You should watch this video to see how great this instant basmati rice will be after cooking.
- Gently steamed for instant use
- Does not contain gluten or preservatives
- No artificial colors or flavors
- Packed in a convenient microwave tray
- Just put in the microwave for 2 minutes
- Keeps fresh and authentic taste
- Fragrant and porous
- Packed in a handy package
- Suitable for many different dishes
- Easy to take anywhere
- Contains 250mg (10%) sodium per serving
- Not as good as homemade basmati rice
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||160 calories, 3% fat (2g), 11% carbohydrate (34), 4g protein|
|Serving size||¾ cup (140g)|
|Serving per container||2|
|Packaging||Microwavable tray (9.9 oz, pack of 6)|
8. Tasty Bite Organic Basmati Rice
Are you looking for a great addition to your diet? Tasty Bite Organic Basmati Rice will do just that. This is a healthy option that doesn’t include cholesterol, saturated fat, or sodium, so you don’t need to worry about messing up your diet.
Incredibly, this basmati rice is also USDA organic, non-GMO certified, and does not contain any preservatives.
You can have full confidence in its safety for your health. Even people with diabetes can safely eat this basmati rice.
Besides, you can easily prepare this rice by microwave or cooking on the stove. No matter how you use it, this basmati rice offers great flexibility, so it is perfect if you’re looking to try new recipes.
Moreover, the estimated nine-time interval to less than two minutes was probably around 90 seconds. The cooked rice is ideal for mixing vegetables or making a rich curry. It is also available in packages with six packs of rice, which will be plenty, even if you use rice regularly.
See this video to know what is special about this organic basmati rice.
- USDA organic, non-GMO certified
- Does not contain saturated fat and cholesterol
- Does not contain sodium and preservatives
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Can be cooked in the microwave
- Made in the US
- Completely natural and without fillers
- Safe for people with diabetes
- It only takes about 90 seconds to ripen
- Supplement to a healthy diet
- Easily add to creative recipes
- Easy to create side dishes
- Ready to eat right away
- Zip pouch form can be used many times
- Maybe a bit sticky
- The flavor is a bit faint
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||200 calories, 3% fat (2g), 14% carbohydrate (38g), 5g protein|
|Serving per container||2|
|Packaging||Zip pouch (8.8 oz, pack of 6)|
(Best for Daily Use)
If you are looking for long-lasting basmati, then Dunar Elonga Premium Basmati Rice comes in a sizable 10-pound package for you. This rice contains Kosher certified ingredients and is free from GMOs. That means this rice is ideal for your health.
Besides, grown in the Himalayas, this basmati rice has a lower moisture content than other types of rice, giving it its nutty flavor and smell. All of this rice is carefully selected before processing and sent to you.
Moreover, its long grain form also suits all your cooking needs, in both texture and flavor. Rice has pointed tips, spongy grains, which are slender, soft, and a pollen endosperm. It will certainly bring an authentic taste and special flavor for you to enjoy.
Further, your family can also consume this rice every day because of its nutrition and low caloric content. And its 10-pound weight per pack is also suitable for your whole family to eat daily for a long time.
- Certified kosher and non-GMO
- Provides 4g of protein and high in fiber
- Coming from the Himalayas
- Large 10-pound rice pouch for daily use
- Does not contain sodium
- Extra-long grain
- Authentic texture and taste
- Pointed tip, spongy grain, slender and soft
- The grain is soft and porous
- The taste is suitable for many dishes
- Premium quality
- Carefully selected
- Poor zip closure and packaging
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||160 calories, 12% carbohydrate (35g), 4g protein|
|Serving size||1/4 cup (45g)|
|Serving per container||101|
|Packaging||Pouch (10 pounds)|
(Best Extra Long Grain With Aroma)
Grown in the Pakistani Himalayas, Crown Premium Extra Long Basmati Rice has a rich aroma and rich aroma.
This rice is cleaned several times to ensure hygiene and purity, avoiding all bugs and debris.
Besides, this is authentic basmati rice with outstanding long strands. You can also have the reliability and healthiness of it, as it has reached the USDA organic standard and is GMO-free. It’s also free of saturated fat and low in calories, so you can use it for your weight loss plan.
Moreover, this product is ideal for cooking at home or at a restaurant, bringing wonderful and fluffy rice. Light and smooth and can be used in dishes such as mixed rice, curries, soups, and stews.
When purchasing this product, you have a wide choice of package sizes. If you want to try it only, you can buy it in a small 1-pound package, while if you want to use it regularly, there is a choice of a 10 or 20-pound pouch for you to buy.
- USDA is organic and non-GMO
- Grown in the Pakistani Himalayas
- Aged for about two years
- Cleaned several times
- Packed in burlap pouch with a plastic pouch inside
- Ideal for weight loss
- Fatty taste and purity flavor
- No bugs and debris
- Ideal for cooking at home or restaurants
- Rice after cooking is very fluffy
- There are a variety of pouch sizes to choose from
- Insects can penetrate
- Maybe a bit sticker than to expect
|Nutrition facts (per serving size)||160 calories, 12% carbohydrate (35g), 4g protein|
|Serving size||1/4 cup (45g)|
|Serving per container||101|
|Packaging||Burlap pouch (10 pounds)|
What Do You Need To Consider Before Buying The Best Basmati Rice?
As you can see, there are many good basmati brands available in the market. It is very complicated to distinguish the best basmati rice, but there are a few factors that will help you define it better before you buy:
Brown Or White
Whether they are brown or white basmati, they have the same benefits for your health. However, as I have analyzed in the classification section, brown and white basmati also have some slight differences. Brown rice’s nutrition content will be slightly higher, so let’s see what your purposes are first when choosing to buy.
This factor also depends on your personal preferences. There are special textures that you will like over the others. Basmati rice has different textures; some have longer and slender seeds, while others have thicker and shorter seeds. It’s a matter of personal preference and which texture do you prefer.
This is a relatively important factor for rice-like basmati. The aged period will determine the flavor and texture of the rice grain. Generally, longer aged rice makes your rice more attractive.
If you are concerned with absolute safety and standard farming practices, choose USDA organic certified brands for their basmati rice. You will be assured that you have the freshest product to enjoy.
An Appropriate Amount Of Carbohydrates
The human body needs a certain amount of carbohydrate because it is essential for our body to produce energy to continue functioning normally. Therefore, you should also consider the number of carbohydrates in basmati rice.
In fact, basmati rice with more carbohydrates will be a safe source of energy for the body. It provides many of the things your nervous system and brain need to function better.
Low Fat Intake
Typically, 200 grams of basmati rice contains only 1 gram of fat, and sometimes even less. The unsaturated fats in basmati rice are also safe for your heart health. You should look for the healthiest product for your diet.
Choosing the outside can be wrong, but choosing what to eat on your stomach can’t be wrong. Therefore, you must choose a reliable brand to ensure that your basmati rice is safe for your health. You can refer to some of the following brands:
- Royal Authentic: specializes in specialty aromatic seeds grown and harvested in famous regions including India and Thailand. This is the leading brand of basmati rice in America today.
- Pride of India: is an international brand of Organic Foods, including basmati rice, which is sustainably grown in the fertile, snow-covered Himalayan valleys of India.
- Lundberg: As an American producer of quality rice and other family processed foods, Lundberg’s products allow customers to discover its delicious dishes and be inspired.
How To Cook Basmati Rice
Basmati rice is a popular rice used mainly in India, but many of us do not know how to cook it to make it the most delicious. So, you can see the following ways to cook basmati rice:
Cook On Stovetop
- Step 1: The difference in basmati rice is that it will bloom three times more than the unprocessed grain. Therefore, you need to measure the rice and use the amount of rice suitable for each family’s diet.
- Step 2: Wash the rice before cooking. You should use the rack to wash rice to remove dirt from exposure to the outside environment. But do not wash the rice thoroughly; it will lose the rice’s nutrients.
- Step 3: You should soak the rice for 20-30 minutes to bloom evenly and be more delicious than cooking directly.
- Step 4: Use boiling water to double in the rice according to 1 part rice, 2 parts water. To make the Indian rice more flavorful, you can add a little oil and salt.
- Step 5: Close the lid and turn on the stove. When the rice is boiling, lower the heat to the lowest setting for 15 – 20 minutes until the rice cooks slowly. During the cooking process, note, do not open the lid of the pot and keep the heat and the steam inside the pot to cook the rice evenly.
- Step 6: Pour the cooked rice out to the plate and bowl as you like. You can enjoy the Indian rice with other meat and fish dishes, depending on the preferences of each person.
Cook With The Rice Cooker
Maybe a rice cooker is a strange thing to you, but if you already own basmati rice, you should also own a rice cooker for the fastest cooking possible with the following simple steps:
- Step 1: Wash the rice with water and drain the water, no need to wash it too carefully because it will lose the rice quality.
- Step 2: Fill the pot with 1 cup of rice, 1.5 cups of water, or 2 cups if you want it to be softer.
- Step 3: Add a little margarine and salt (note only a small amount, just enough to increase aroma and rice flavor when cooked). Or you can add cardamom and laurel leaves – two typical Indian flavors, combined with Indian long grain rice for the traditional Indian flavor.
- Step 4: Close the pot’s lid, turn on the “cook” button, and let it sit until the rice is cooked.
- Step 5: When the rice is cooked, let it sit for about 10 minutes, then you can open the lid to enjoy and feel the taste of basmati rice.
Cook In The Microwave
Microwave is a popular and handy cooking tool that almost every family has. Not only for heating, you can take advantage of it to cook basmati rice in the following steps:
- Step 1: Turn on the oven at a temperature of 175 F. Leaving this heat level will help the rice be cooked evenly, limiting the bottomless burning and sharper.
- Step 2: Cook the amount of boiling water twice as much as the rice used to cook. Cooking rice with boiling water will help the rice cook quickly, evenly, and fragrant.
- Step 3: Use a microwave oven, put rice and water in the pot to cook so that the rice can cook evenly.
- Step 4: Cover the pot and cook until the water is gone. Usually, microwaving long grain rice will take about 30 minutes at 175 F.
- Step 5: Take out the cooked rice and serve it with other dishes.
Note: There are several types of basmati rice stored in the microwave-friendly tray/bag so you can place the product directly in the oven and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions. With this, you will easily and quickly get more basmati rice when you are busy.
To get the clearest and most vivid look, watch this video to see how to make perfect non-sticky basmati rice right away!
Tips To Solve The Trouble When Cooking Basmati Rice
Cooking is an arduous process, and you will inevitably run into problems. Let’s see some tips below to improvise when having problems:
- Cure scorched rice at the bottom: Prepare a pot of cold water, place the rice cooker in the pot of water for 5-10 minutes. This will stop the rice cooking process and continue to scorch.
- Rice grains are too sticky: You should reduce the cooking time to a few minutes and add less water according to the ratio: 1 part rice, 1.5 parts water so that the rice absorbs enough water, not too sticky.
- Rice burns: You can cook rice but open the lid at first, then cover tightly so that the heat is low. The steam will slowly cook the rice, not burning.
- Rice is cooked, but the water is still on the surface of the rice: You can cook uncovered rice at a low temperature to allow the steam to evaporate, or check the ratio of water and rice accordingly, let it heat evenly, just let the rice have enough time to ripen slowly.
- The rice is cooked but still hard, awkward: Sprinkle a small cup of hot water on the surface, cover the rice and let it cook for another 5 minutes so that the rice can absorb the heat; the steam slowly cooks the rice.
Delicious Recipes With Basmati Rice
What delicious basmati rice cooks is a question for many people. I will bring you the recipe for 5 traditional Indian dishes from healthy basmati rice through the article below!
Turmeric Rice With Coconut Milk
This delicious golden-colored rice dish is made with basmati rice, turmeric powder, creamy coconut milk, crushed ginger, and fresh basil. This rice dish has ingredients that are easy to find, and the way to cook it is also very simple. It only takes about half an hour to get an excellent rice dish. The processing is as follows:
- Take a medium-sized pot, place it on the stove and add olive oil to medium heat. Add chopped onion, garlic, crushed ginger, add a little salt to stir-fry, stir quickly so that the ingredients do not burn. After 5-7 minutes, onions become yellow and soft.
- Next, add the washed rice (soaked for about half an hour) and turmeric powder to the pot. Mix the ingredients together, add coconut milk and water and stir continuously, then increase the heat to boil the mixture.
- Then turn low to low heat and cover again. Leave for about 15-18 minutes, the water is dry, and the rice is soft and fragrant, then add chopped basil, mix well with a fork to use.
Herbal Cheese Rice
- Put the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat until minced garlic and soaked rice for about 2 minutes.
- Then add 1 cup of water, broth, and salt to the pot and continue to boil. After that, simmer, cover for about 15 minutes until the rice is nearly cooked.
- Turn off the stove and let it sit for about 5 minutes, then start to mix rice with Parmesan cheese and prepared herbs.
- Mix well to enjoy. This is a great appetizer rice dish that combines many other dishes.
India traditional rice
- Wash the rice thoroughly, and soak the rice in water for about 20 minutes. Take it out to drain.
- Heat oil in a saucepan at medium heat, add cinnamon, cardamom, and cumin seeds, stir for about a minute, and then cook the thinly sliced onions and fry for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the basmati rice into the pot and stir for a few minutes, add salt and water and then cover, turn on low heat for about 15 minutes to cook.
- Turn off the stove and let it sit for about 5 minutes before you cook the rice. This rice dish is a frugal vegetarian rice dish that is easy to digest and very easy to eat.
Rice dishes cooked between basmati rice and eye-catching yellow saffron are often found in the traditional holidays of the Indian people. If you have saffron and rice available, you can cook this rice dish with a few simple steps:
- Wash the basmati rice thoroughly and soak it for about 1 hour before cooking. Then take out and drain.
- Use a rice cooker for cooking faster and more convenient: For cooking oil, salt, water, and rice to stir and wait for the salt to dissolve, start the cooking button.
- After about 15 minutes, open the lid and pour saffron water on the rice; close the lid. Let it sit for about 10 minutes.
Basmati Rice Cream Pudding
The traditional Indian dessert cake is rice pudding. This dish is also easy to make with rice, rose water, cardamom, etc. It will be a light, exotic treat with a great taste.
- Put the cleaned rice in a pot with water with cardamom, salt, and some boiled water. Cool to maintain boiling, cover, and cook for about 25 minutes. Cook rice until soft, then cover it, and let it cool.
- Mix whipping cream, sugar, mascarpone, and rose water and beat with a mixer to thicken.
- Put the mixture and stir in the rice, then scoop all into a bowl with the lid into the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- When eating, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and enjoy.
I have a few questions and answers that provide useful knowledge about basmati rice below. You must consult with it!
My Top Pick
The article seems to have been long, right? Long but full of useful information, isn’t it? Up to this point, have you selected your best basmati rice brand?
If not, please refer to mine. For the best overall name, I would choose the Lundberg California Organic Basmati Rice that is high in protein and free of gluten. Of course, you can prepare several dishes with this rice.
For better cost-efficient option, Royal Authentic White Basmati Rice is an ideal name. You can also guess why this brand is so famous and trusted because its rice is really delicious!
Finally, how do you feel about this article? Please share your feelings right below the comment section! And please do not forget to give it a like if you find it helpful. Thank you!
Table of Contents
- Classification Of The Basmati Rice
- Health Benefits Of Basmati Rice
- Basmati Rice Comparison Table 2023
- Which Are The Best Basmati Rice Brands For Your Healthy Diet?
- My Reviews For The Best Basmati Rice Brands in 2023
- 1. Lundberg California Organic Basmati Rice
- 2. Royal Authentic White Basmati Rice
- 3. My Skinny Rice Low GI Basmati Rice
- 4. SEEDS OF CHANGE Organic Basmati Rice
- 5. Pride of India Extra Long Basmati Rice
- 6. Daawat Ultima Extra Long Basmati Rice
- 7. VeeTee Rice & Tasty Instant Basmati Rice
- 8. Tasty Bite Organic Basmati Rice
- 9. Dunar Elonga Premium Basmati Rice
- 10. Crown Premium Extra Long Basmati Rice
- What Do You Need To Consider Before Buying The Best Basmati Rice?
- How To Cook Basmati Rice
- Tips To Solve The Trouble When Cooking Basmati Rice
- Delicious Recipes With Basmati Rice
- My Top Pick