Best canned baked beans are my first go-to products if I need to build a survival pantry in my kitchen for some reason. They are full of nutrition and are a good source of protein, fiber, calcium, iron, magnesium, and more.
On top of that, they are quick to prepare, you can even eat them without cooking, and they taste fantastic. I often use this staple as a side dish in BBQ gatherings. And all my family members love it, from my grandmother to my toddlers.
What I like most is that I can make a lot of yummy and healthy dishes with canned baked beans, from soup to salad. Keep reading since I will help you to find out the best canned baked beans products you can buy.
The Benefits Of Canned Baked Beans
Let’s go over some benefits of canned baked beans before discussing each product in detail.
The number of nutrients might vary depending on each manufacturer’s recipe, but in general, each serving (about 130-gram) of canned baked beans contains:
- 23+ Canned Cherry Recipes To Make Desserts Exciting Again
- 10 Best Pomegranate Juice Reviews 2023
- Top 16 Best Popcorn Oil Reviews 2023
- Top 12 Best Canned Tomatoes Reviews in 2023
- Top 15 Best Coconut Water Brands Reviews in 2023
- Top 11 Best Vegan Cereal Brands Reviews in 2023
- Top 15 Best Manuka Honey Brands Reviews in 2023
- Top 10 Best Avocado Oil for Cooking Reviews in 2023
- Calories: 119
- Total fat: 0.5 grams
- Total carbs: 27 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Sodium: 19% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Potassium: 6% of the RDI
- Iron: 8% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 8% of the RDI
- Zinc: 26% of the RDI
- Copper: 20% of the RDI
- Selenium: 11% of the RDI
- Thiamine (vitamin B1): 10% of the RDI
- Vitamin B6: 6% of the RDI
Due to its high nutrition value, canned baked beans are good for overall health. To be more specific, it helps maintain, repair the body and fight against the aging process.
What is more, this amazing food contributes to the health of the heart and prevents fatty liver. Plus, it improves gut health and also supports the immune system.
Best Canned Baked Beans Brands On The Market
It’s time to look closely at some best canned baked beans brands in the market. Let’s see how special they are.
With 150 years of experience, B&M offers customers the best slow-baked beans in the large brick oven. The beans are loved for their firmness and authentic flavors.
This brand delivers homemade taste and nutritional content. Bush’s Best lives a motto “Quality is the best policy.” It has a broad spectrum of products for you to choose from.
Heinz is an American family-owned food brand with many branches around the world. Heinz products ensure quality and promote health but still maintain taste, nutrition, and willing to change according to customer needs.
Which Are The Best Canned Baked Beans To Buy?
The best canned baked beans are B&M, Van Camp’s, and BUSH’S BEST for their great-tasting flavor, multi-use, and diet-friendly, while 365 Everyday Value and Heinz has a more accessible price and offers high-quality products.
Below are 10 best canned baked beans I have chosen. Let’s scan through their most valuable features.
- Best Overall – B&M Original Flavor Canned Baked Beans
“Hand-stirred in a thick sauce, a blend of molasses, pork, and spice, non-mushy texture.”
- Best Budget – 365 Everyday Value Traditional Canned Baked Beans
“Organic and full of nutrition, BPA-free lining can, ready to eat, fits the budget.”
- Best for Vegetarian – BUSH’S BEST Vegetarian Canned Baked Beans
“Suitable for strict vegetarian and vegan diets, a good source of protein, fiber, and other vitamins, secret family recipe.”
- Best in Tomato Sauce – Amy’s Organic Beans Hearty Tomato Canned Baked Beans
“Hearty and savory tomato sauce, enjoyable to taste, organic, and all-natural.”
- Best for English Breakfast – Heinz Tomato Sauce Canned Baked Beans
“Ideal for full English breakfast, goes well with toast, imported from the UK.”
- Best with Maple Syrup – B&M Real Maple Flavor Canned Baked Beans
“Appealing and yummy baked beans with hearty texture, fine ingredients with maple flavor.”
- Best with Pork – Campbell’s Pork&Beans Canned Baked Beans
“Slow-cooked to tenderness and soaked in tomato sauce with pork, all-natural, great BBQ side dish.”
- Best with Bourbon Flavor – Bush’s Best Grillin’ Canned Baked Beans
“Yummy navy beans in robust sauce with added bourbon flavor, ideal for one person meal.”
- Best without Sugar – Original Heinz No Added Sugar Canned Baked Beans
“Soft and tender beans, no added sugar, less salt, convenient to carry around for a quick meal.”
- Best for Health – Eden Organic Sorghum Navy Canned Baked Beans
“Less sugar and sodium, good source of nutrition and minerals with homemade flavors.”
Canned Baked Beans Comparison Table 2023
It’s time to learn more about the best canned caked beans, including dimensions, weight, calories, and protein per serving. I’ve put the main factors next to each other, so you can quickly notice the difference.
|Best Canned Baked Beans||Dimensions||Weight||Calories Per Serving||Protein Per Serving|
|B&M Original Flavor Canned Baked Beans - Best Overall||12 x 9 x 5 inches||1 pound||160||7g|
|365 Everyday Value Traditional Canned Baked Beans - Best Budget||3 x 3 x 4.5 inches||1.08 pounds||150||7g|
|BUSH'S BEST Vegetarian Canned Baked Beans - Best for Vegetarian||10.7 x 8.1 x 3.1 inches||8.31 ounces||150||7g|
|Amy's Organic Beans Hearty Tomato Canned Baked Beans - Best in Tomato Sauce||2.87 x 4.44 x 9 inches||13.2 pounds||140||7g|
|Heinz Tomato Sauce Canned Baked Beans - Best for English Breakfast||12 x 9.5 x 6 inches||12.5 pounds||162||9.7g|
|B&M Real Maple Flavor Canned Baked Beans - Best with Maple Syrup||12.1 x 9.2 x 4.3 inches||13.85 pounds||160||7g|
|Amy's Organic Refried Traditional Canned Baked Beans - Best for Diabetics||12.1 x 8.9 x 4.6 inches||11.55 pounds||140||7g|
|Campbell's Pork&Beans Canned Baked Beans - Best with Pork||16.8 x 10.8 x 3.7 inches||19.2 pounds||130||5g|
|Bush's Best Grillin' Canned Baked Beans - Best with Bourbon Flavor||11.89 x 8.19 x 3.19 inches||8.6 ounces||160||8g|
|Original Heinz No Added Sugar Canned Baked Beans - Best without Sugar||3.94 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches||3.66 pounds||66||4.6g|
|Eden Organic Sorghum Navy Canned Baked Beans - Best for Health||12.5 x 9.3 x 4.8 inches||11.25 pounds||150||8g|
My Reviews For The Best Canned Baked Beans in 2023
Unsure whether you can put baked beans in the freezer for long-term storage? Worried that you won’t have enough to sate your cravings for baked beans? Check out the following 10 best canned baked beans by reading my detailed reviews below.
1. B&M Original Flavor Canned Baked Beans
Do you enjoy slow-baked beans in New England style? B&M Original Flavor might be what you need.
The beans are hand-stirred in a thick sauce, which makes the overall dish tastes like homemade soup. Moreover, beans are tender and feel good in your mouth. It has a distinct taste of molasses and pork with a trace of spice, to be more specific.
Being cooked in a brick oven, like the old days, it has the special smoky flavor that not every product has. So if you can’t bother to spend all the required time to smoke baked beans, B&M Original Flavor should definitely be your go-to choice.
On top of that, it’s 99% fat-free, high in fiber and protein. Therefore, it is an ideal side dish and quick, healthy snack for boosting energy and keeping you full in the middle of a tight schedule.
- Pack of twelve 16-ounce cans
- Slow-baked in brick ovens
- New England style
- Thick sauce
- Flavors of molasses, pork, and spice
- Includes 7g of protein and 8g of fiber
- Non-mushy texture
- The rich and unique taste
- Full of nutrition
- Quick to prepare
- The product uses high-fructose corn starch as a thickening agent, which makes it less being favored by people who need to watch their sugar blood level
|Dimension||12 x 9 x 5 inches|
Click to see more reviews about B&M canned baked beans:
2. 365 Everyday Value Traditional Canned Baked Beans
In terms of quality, you can rest assured when choosing 365 Everyday Value Traditional Canned Baked Beans. This product is certified organic, certified Non-GMO, and certified vegan. Moreover, it’s packed in the non-BPA lining can so it’s safe for your health.
With 7g of protein and 7g of fiber per serving, these baked beans bring you nutrition and energy equal to a hearty snack.
Moreover, this delicious, fully-cooked product contains no transfat and cholesterol, so that you can enjoy it regularly. I often stock several 15-ounce cans in my pantry and my office for a quick meal.
Last but not least, it comes with an affordable price for happier customers.
- 15-ounce BPA-free lining can
- Contains a high amount of protein and iron
- Certified organic, Non-GMO, and vegan
- High-quality product
- Reasonable price
- Great for vegetarians
- Safe to eat out of the can
- It might not contain as much sauce as some people expect
|Dimension||3 x 3 x 4.5 inches|
3. BUSH’S BEST Vegetarian Canned Baked Beans
(Best for Vegetarian)
For vegetarians, beans are an essential source of plant-based protein; however, cooking beans might cost a great amount of time. That’s why, if you are like me who is looking for a fast way out for busy days, you should try BUSH’S BEST Vegetarian Canned Baked Beans.
First and foremost, it’s gluten-free, dairy, and casein-free if you’re following strict vegan diets. And you won’t have to worry whether baked beans are indeed vegetables or not, since this product has already been confirmed to be 100% suitable for vegetarians.
Secondly, it contains 7g of plant-based protein and 5g of fiber each serving, which provides you with the nutrition you need.
Thirdly, there are various side dishes compatible with these baked beans. This staple is great-tasting, convenient, and wholesome.
Finally, BUSH’S BEST is a well-known brand so that you can trust the quality of its products.
- Family-owned company
- Comes in a pack of 12
- Gluten-free, dairy and casein-free
- Good source of protein and fiber
- Hearty texture and flavors
- Beans with brown sugar and spices
- Trusted brand with Secret Family Recipe
- Great-tasting beans
- A convenient and wholesome staple for vegetarians and vegans
- Able to add to many dishes
- It might contain quite a high amount of sodium per serving, so considering this before purchasing
|Dimension||10.7 x 8.1 x 3.1 inches|
4. Amy’s Organic Beans Hearty Tomato Canned Baked Beans
(Best in Tomato Sauce)
If you love having a bowl of beans in hearty and savory tomato sauce, I strongly suggest Amy’s Organic Beans Hearty Tomato Canned Baked Beans.
This product is made from white beans with tomato purée, mustard seed, apple cider vinegar, and maple syrup. The sauce is quite enjoyable and tastes like homemade. In my opinion, it’s made especially for tomato lovers.
Notably, it’s non-GMO, USDA certified organic, and all-natural. Furthermore, it can meet a vegan diet’s requirements because it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, lactose-free, tree nut-free, vegan, and kosher certified.
What is more, it’s stored in a BPA-free lining can and comes in a pack of 12 cans for more convenience.
- Flavorful tomato sauce with white beans and spices
- Packed in 12 cans of 15-ounce
- Non-GMO, All-natural, Kosher, Vegan
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, lactose-free, tree nut-free
- BPA-free lining can
- Trans fat-free
- Healthy side dish
- Quick to prepare
- Generous amount of tomato sauce
- No popular allergens
- It might not be for you if you don’t like the flavor of tomato
|Dimension||2.87 x 4.44 x 9 inches|
5. Heinz Tomato Sauce Canned Baked Beans
(Best for English Breakfast)
Do you like to start your day with a full English breakfast, which typically includes eggs, bacon, sausages, tomato, and of course, baked beans? Then Heinz Tomato Sauce Canned Baked Beans will make the preparation simpler and faster.
This product is imported from the UK and produced by one of the well-known international food manufacturers.
All you need to do is heat the beans in the microwave for 2,5 minutes or stir them in a saucepan. If you feel your beans are too watery, you can let them simmer or use other methods to thicken these baked beans. After that, add cheese or anything you like to spice it up.
The beans are cooked in tomato sauce, which tastes amazing. It’s not too sweet and appears as a smooth and mellow blend. Moreover, the sauce has a mild flavor of the tomato.
- Imported from the UK
- Comes with a great flavor of beans and tomato
- 1-ounce tin
- Thick texture
- High-quality material
- Ideal for full English breakfast
- Filling snack and side dish
- Quick to prepare
- Reasonable price
- Cans arrive dented sometimes
|Dimension||12 x 9.5 x 6 inches|
Three ways to make baked eggs and beans! Click to see below:
6. B&M Real Maple Flavor Canned Baked Beans
(Best with Maple Syrup)
Another mouthwatering and healthy bean product from B&M for you who need an indulgent meal in the middle of a busy day.
Due to the maple aroma, the beans have never been so appealing and yummy like that. Overall, the texture is hearty, and the content is cooked to the best flavor. I’m happy to have it in my meals as a convenient and healthy side dish.
Finally, it’s a good source of fiber and protein, not to mention, it has quite low sodium compared to the same type of products in the market.
- Pack of twelve 16-ounce cans
- Slow baked beans in the brick oven
- Comes with maple flavor
- Homemade taste and hearty texture
- Low in fat
- Well-known brand
- Fine ingredients
- On-the-go foods
- Inconsistent quality
|Dimension||12.1 x 9.2 x 4.3 inches|
7. Campbell’s Pork&Beans Canned Baked Beans
(Best with Pork)
No one can deny the richness of Campbell’s Pork&Beans Canned Baked Beans. It worths every penny you pay for a wholesome and filling dish.
The beans are slow-cooked until tender and soaked in tomato sauce with pork broth, pork, and pork fat. The overall taste is flavorful and palatable.
Thanks to being low in calories, it’s suitable for many popular diets. You could easily integrate this delicious dish into your daily meal without worrying about putting on weight. For me, baked beans are always an ideal option to vary my weekly food prep.
Since these are ready-to-serve beans, you can serve them right away as a side dish when camping outdoors. Or if you are in a hurry, eating them cold is an appropriate option as well.
- Slow-cooked beans
- Simmered in tomato sauce with pork
- Sweet and savory
- Low calories
- Ready-to-serve canned baked beans
- Ready to serve
- Perfect for a BBQ side dish
- It might appear too dry for some people
|Dimension||16.8 x 10.8 x 3.7 inches|
8. Bush’s Best Grillin’ Canned Baked Beans
(Best with Bourbon Flavor)
A touch of natural bourbon flavor can bring a new life to traditional baked bean recipes. If you are looking for an alternative for your side dishes, which goes well with any meal, Bush’s Best Grillin’ Canned Baked Beans is a top-notch choice.
If the question whether baked beans contain gluten still bothers you, you can go with this product from Bush’s. As you might not know, all Bush’s canned food is gluten-free, so there will be no problem with your stomach.
Additionally, this product features an 8.6-ounce can, which is suitable for one person; therefore, no leftover remains, and you can enjoy a freshly opened can every time.
What is more, the taste of this staple is outstanding. Well-cooked navy beans are stirred in nourishing and savory soup with brown sugar, spice, and some bourbon.
- 8.6-ounce can
- Slow-baked plump navy beans
- Added bourbon flavor
- Includes brown sugar and other spices
- Gluten-free, dairy and casein-free
- Fast to prepare
- Perfect for singles
- Outstanding taste
- Nourishing food
- It’s not vegan certified
|Dimension||11.89 x 8.19 x 3.19 inches|
9. Original Heinz No Added Sugar Canned Baked Beans
(Best without Sugar)
I love Heinz beans because it goes well with my English breakfast or on toast. Since I found out about no added sugar version of Heinz bean product, I don’t hesitate to buy in bulk for longer use.
The beans are soft and tender while the sauce is thick and flavorful. This product is still as inviting as the original flavor.
It’s perfect for people on a diet or people who need to watch their sugar intake. It’s good to have any time during a day when you want an energy boost. Moreover, Heinz beans are packed in one-person serving and convenient tin can for you to carry to the office.
- Product of the UK
- No added sugar
- 25% less salt than standard products
- Keep original flavor
- No artificial sweeteners
- High-quality product
- Good source of protein and fiber
- Convenient when serving
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- It might be bland for some people, so I suggest that you spice it up to your taste
|Dimension||3.94 x 3.94 x 3.94 inches|
10. Eden Organic Sorghum Navy Canned Baked Beans
(Best for Health)
Eden Organic Sorghum Navy Canned Baked Beans contain less sugar and sodium than many popular canned foods in the market.
Moreover, it’s a good source of protein, fiber, iron, and magnesium. As such, it’s a top choice for health-conscious people.
This product is a smooth and mellow blend of beans, organic sorghum molasses, organic stone ground mustard, and organic spices. It features homemade flavor, which I enjoy a lot.
What is more, it is delivered to you as a pack of 12 cans of 15-ounce, so you don’t have to spend extra time placing orders in the next few months.
- Set of twelve 15-ounce cans
- Low in sugar and sodium
- Organic materials
- Full of nutrients and vitamins
- Blend of beans, sorghum, and mustard
- Unique flavors
- Ideal for making numerous healthy side dishes
- Good snacks for a busy schedule
- Convenient to use
- It might be a bit bland for some people
|Dimension||12.5 x 9.3 x 4.8 inches|
Buying Guide For Delicious Canned Baked Beans
Here are the key considerations before purchasing the best canned baked beans
To create unique flavors and make canned baked beans tastier, each manufacturer has its own way of cooking them.
They often add some ingredients and spices as below:
- Molasses: It’s a way to impart a sweet flavor to the bean. The dish will taste good initially, but keep eating will make it less and less tempting because it might appear too sweet.
- Brown sugar: It might be a bit less sweet than molasses. Moreover, it’s healthier because brown sugar has a lower glycemic index.
- Mustard and vinegar: They create the tanginess of overall soup and turn it into a more appealing side dish and snack.
- Seasonings and spices: There are many options for spicing the bean, such as onion, chili, garlic, and cinnamon
Companies often sell in bulk so that you can buy a large quantity of canned beans to stock in your pantry at a more affordable price and also save some extra shipment bucks.
Unopened cans can stay for a long time, so you don’t have to worry about going stale.
Some people aim to buy 16 or 28-ounce can because they can use it to make a large batch of food or feed many people at the same time.
While some people prefer a smaller size of 8.6-ounce, which is suitable for a one-person meal, that means you can eat all at once. Although the maximum time baked beans last in fridges is pretty long, refrigerating them can decrease the taste. So it’s best to eat them all in one go.
All baked beans are a good source of fiber and protein. Some products might be higher in minerals like iron, potassium, and calcium.
If you follow a gluten-free diet, it’s important to know whether your baked beans are free of gluten. Not all canned baked beans absolutely contain no gluten, so make sure you read the nutrition label fact on the can for more consideration.
Unless the manufacturers tell us that their products are vegetarian or vegan, they aren’t always 100% vegetarian or vegan. You should ask the seller directly for more detailed information.
Sugars And Sodium
Baked beans recipes always include both sugar and sodium. Only a few brands produce no added sugar or reduced-sodium baked beans. Therefore, you should research carefully before buying, especially if you or your family member needs to watch sugar and sodium intake.
We have some questions about the best canned baked beans. Let’s find the answer to each of them.
My Top Pick
In this article, I have collected all personal opinions and experiences of the 15 best canned baked beans products in the market.
I hope it will help you be ready to stock your pantry with your favorite canned baked beans. This useful staple might enable you to cook faster, more conveniently, and easier to create many yummy dishes for you and your family.
And my go-to product is B&M Original Flavor Canned Baked Beans for its great-tasting flavor and versatility. If you’re on a budget, you can’t go wrong with the 365 Everyday Value Traditional Canned Baked Beans.
Leave your comments below to share with me your thoughts about the best canned baked beans.