Are you looking for the best air fryer reviews for a large-capacity appliance? If your answer is a yes, you are in the right place. Today I will give comprehensive reviews to show you what product you should get to prepare tasty and adequate dishes using an air fryer.
Air fryers’ types are varied, so are their sizes. But how large is enough for your family? Or what other things should I consider while purchasing a big-capacity cooker? This post will give you the complete answer.
Table of Contents
- Should You Buy A Large Capacity Air Fryer?
- High-Reputed Air Fryer Brand Names
- The Brief Comparison Table Of 10 Air Fryer With Large Capacity
- Top Picks Of The Best Large Capacity Air Fryer Cooker
- Reviews of 10 Best Air Fryer With Big Capacity
- Important Buying Notes Before Choosing Large-Capacity Air Fryers
- How To Use Air Fryer Properly
- My Top Pick
Should You Buy A Large Capacity Air Fryer?
Yes, you should invest in such appliances, particularly if you live in a big household. With a large-capacity one, you can:
- Whip up a big batch of dishes in just one cooking set to save your time
- Provide less-oil treats for healthier diets that deep-fryer cannot do
- Cook your food faster than the normal convection oven
- Bake, toast, reheat, etc., your food
High-Reputed Air Fryer Brand Names
I know you might feel a bit overloaded by the number of air fryer brands out there. But here are some names with significant reputations for their top-notch products that you can check.
COSORI is a brand name under the Vesync company specializing in producing small home devices, especially kitchenware, in the United States online market. With their high-tech and smart products, your life will be much easier.
- Top 12 Best Greek Yogurt Maker Reviews in 2022
- Top 10 Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven Consumer Reports In 2022
- Top 15 Best Egg Cookers To Buy 2022
- Top 15 Best Rotisserie Oven Reviews 2022
- Top 14 Best Bagel Slicers On The Market 2022
- Top 10 Of The Best Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo Reviews 2022
- Top 12 Best Blenders for Green Smoothies To Buy in 2022
- Top 15 Best Compact Juicers For The Money 2022
It is hard not to recognize this big brand name. Indeed, Philips is one of the leaders in manufacturing innovative home appliances. Their products have a premium quality that can meet everyone’s requirements, even the fastidious people’s.
Ninja is another popular brand in home-caring items. Its mother company is SharkNinja which has produced various well-loved housewares to deliver a better and more convenient lifestyle for everyone worldwide.
If you need a device that not only makes your cooking job easier but also increases the value of your kitchen, Cuisinart could be your good choice. Founded in 1971, Cuisinart now has a big market share in producing kitchenware.
The Brief Comparison Table Of 10 Air Fryer With Large Capacity
Before knowing the details of the 10 best large capacity air fryers, let’s take a quick look at their important numbers and functions.
|Best Air Fryer||Dimension||Weight||Temperature Range||Functions|
|COSORI 5.8-Quart Max XL Air Fryer - Best Overall||11.7 x 14.2 x 12.6 ins||11.9 lbs||170 to 400 F degrees||13 cooking functions (11 presets, preheat, and keep warm)|
|Chefman 6.5-Quart X-Large Air Fryer - Best Budget||16 x 14 x 12 ins||11.05 lbs||175 to 400 F degrees||Multi-functional (bake, grill, or roast)|
|Philips HD9650/96 7-Quart XXL Air Fryer - Best For Daily Use||15.6 x 15.6 x 15.7 ins||19 lbs||100 to 400 F degrees||5 presets and keep warm function|
|Instant Vortex Plus 10-Quart Air Fryer - Best With Rotisserie and Dehydrator||13.2 x 13.2 x 14.4 ins||18.61 lbs||95 to 400 F degrees||7 programs (air fry, roast, bake, reheat, dehydrate, broil, rotisserie)|
|Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10-Quart XL Air Fryer - Best With Two Baskets||17.1 x 13.9 x 12.8 ins||19.8 lbs||105 to 450 F degrees||6 programs (air fry, roast, broil, bake, reheat, and dehydrate)|
|COSORI 32-Quart XL Air Fryer - Best For Big Household||20.1 x 16.5 x 12.5 ins||19.6 lbs||80 to 450 F degrees||12 cooking programs (air fry, bagel, toast, pizza, roast, bake, broil, cookies, dehydrate, ferment, warm, and rotisserie)|
|GoWISE USA GW44800-O 12.7-Quart Family-Sized Air Fryer - Best With Various Accessories||11.5 x 12 x 14 ins||22.6 lbs||120 to 430 F degrees||15 presets (fries, vegetables, toast, frozen foods, baked potato, wings, rotisserie, pizza, bake, steak, fish, chicken, dehydrate, keep warm, defrost)|
|Cuisinart TOA-60 Full-Sized Air Fryer - Best Air Fryer Toast Oven||15.5 x 16 x 14 ins||21 lbs||Up to 450 F degrees||7 functions (convection bake, convection broil, bake, air fry, broil, toast, reheat)|
|NuWave 8-Quart Brio Air Fryer - Best With Grill||16.5 x 15.1 x 13.1 ins||16.96 lbs||50 to 400 F degrees||6 presets (broil, grill, bake, roast, air fry, and dehydrate)|
|Big Boss 16-Quart Super-Sized Air Fryer - Best Glass||16 x 12.5 x 13.5 ins||14.74 lbs||180 to 400 F degrees||Multiple (air fry, grill, bake, toast, roast)|
Top Picks Of The Best Large Capacity Air Fryer Cooker
For a quick review, you can also check the short main features of these excellent air fryers with a large capacity. They all have distinctive characteristics that you need to consider carefully.
For the best overall machine, I think the COSORI 5.8-quart air fryer is a brilliant option since they have up to 13 cooking functions. However, I also love Cuisinart TOA-60 and its oven style so that I can prepare different meals at just one time.
- Best Overall: COSORI 5.8-Quart Max XL Air Fryer
“13 one-touch functions; hot air circulates 360 degrees; 5.8-quart detachable basket; made from BPA and PFOA-free materials; Shake Reminder technology; auto shut-off system”
- Best Budget: Chefman 6.5-Quart X-Large Air Fryer
“4x faster than a traditional convection oven; Rapid Air technology; 6.5-quart flat basket; auto-off function; adjustable temperature control”
- Best For Daily Use: Philips HD9650/96 7-Quart XXL Air Fryer
“Fat Removal technology; digital display including 5 presets; QuickClean and dishwasher-safe parts; automatic shut off; keep warm function; built-in cord storage”
- Best With Rotisserie and Dehydrator: Instant Vortex Plus 10-Quart Air Fryer
“7-in-1 cookware; one-touch screen; fast preheating time; Overheat Protection system; EvenCrisp Technology”
- Best With Two Baskets: Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10-Quart XL Air Fryer
“Big capacity at 10 quarts (5 quarts for each); 2 individual baskets with DualZone technology; include six cooking programs; IQ Boost system; 75% less fat compared to typical air frying”
- Best For Big Household: COSORI 32-Quart XL Air Fryer
“Big 30-liter space; 360 heat circulation; 3-rack positions; 12 cooking functions; auto turn-off interior light; 5 heat elements”
- Best With Various Accessories: GoWISE USA GW44800-O 12.7-Quart Family-Sized Air Fryer
“12.7-quart appliance; 10 cooking accessories; convenient 15 preset programs; come with a recipe book; 3-level rack position”
- Best Air Fryer Toast Oven: Cuisinart TOA-60 Full-Sized Air Fryer
“Strong 1800-watt powers; 7 cooking functions; 60-minute timer; easy control thermostat; include accessories”
- Best With Grill: NuWave 8-Quart Brio Air Fryer
“Able to choose power wattage (900W, 1500W, or 1800W); 6 preset cooking programs; 2500 rpm fan with 360 degrees; reduce up to 75% fat or calories; include accessories, smoke-free grilling”
- Best Glass: Big Boss 16-Quart Super-Sized Air Fryer
“Oil-less or no-oil cooking; multiple functions; adjustable timing and temperature; 360-degree air convection; the large size that can feed up to 6 people”
Reviews of 10 Best Air Fryer With Big Capacity
Now, let’s find out which one will be your best choice for a large capacity air fryer with these unbiased reviews. They have both good and bad sides that might (or might not) fit your requirements.
1. Cosori 5.8-Quart Max XL Air Fryer
The first product I need to introduce is this COSORI air fryer – a very high-rated appliance at a very good price. With its 5.8-quart square basket, it surely maximizes the cooking space to accommodate larger food quantities so you can feed on 3 to 5 people in your family.
Moreover, this cookware features 13 cooking programs that only need one touch to process so everyone can use, even your old grandparents. And thanks to its 360-degree hot air circulation, you can save your cooking time, and your food will come out perfectly with crispy golden skin.
If you are concerned about the safety of using it, as this wonderful product is made from safe materials free from PFOA and BPA, they will ensure the best safe food. And in case you are tired of the cleaning part, good news: this non-stick basket is totally fine in the dishwasher.
- 13 one-touch functions including 11 preset, preheat, and keep warm
- Hot air circulates 360 degrees
- Provide the same crispy texture and tasty flavor while reducing 85% oil compared to the regular deep-frying method
- 5.8-quart detachable basket to feed 3 to 5 people
- Made from BPA and PFOA-free materials
- Include a Shake Reminder technology and auto shut-off system
- Able to cook various foods (meat, vegetables, appetizer, desserts, etc.)
- Easy to use
- Clean easier thanks to the non-stick surface of a basket (can use a dishwasher to wash it)
- Come with a cookbook with 100 cooking recipes
- Offer several color options
- The screws in the basket and handle might be loose after several uses
|Dimension||11.7 x 14.2 x 12.6 ins|
|Temperature Range||170 to 400 F degrees|
|Time Range||1 to 60 minutes|
|Functions||13 cooking functions (11 presets, 1 preheat, 1 keep warm)|
Let’s see how chicken wings come out after being cooked by the COSORI 5.8-quart air fryer.
2. Chefman 6.5-Quart X-Large Air Fryer
If you need a more affordable air fryer yet still have a big capacity, you will like this Chefman product. It is a perfect air fryer under $100 that you can buy in the market. Of course, this appliance also consists of various high-tech features to help your cooking job much easier.
First, it can reduce up to 98% of oil than traditional frying, meaning that you will never be bothered by unhealthy dishes with too much fat or oil. And with a 6.5-quart flat basket that can increase cooking space by 40%, it is excellent to make big batches of food for your beloved people.
You can also throw your frozen or leftover food in the cookware, and they will warm your food quickly with its Rapid Air technology. So instead of using a microwave to reheat something, now you can use your air fryer to warm up pizza effectively. Sounds so promising, right?
- 4x faster than a traditional convection oven
- Rapid Air technology to ensure the best crispiness of your foods without using too much oil (less 98% oil)
- Extra-large capacity with a 6.5-quart flat basket that can increase cooking surface by 40%
- Auto-off function with a 30-minute timer
- Temperature control is simple to adjust
- Work effectively and quickly with several cooking methods like frying, baking, grilling, or roasting
- Have a good price
- Simple clean-up with dish-washer safe basket, but you can also clean by hand with light soft and soft sponges
- Upgraded safety technology
- Simple to operate
- A little bit bulky that need more storage space
|Dimension||16 x 14 x 12 ins|
|Temperature Range||175 to 400 F degrees|
|Time Range||Up to 60 minutes|
|Functions||Multi-functional (bake, roast, or grill)|
Here is an honest review of the Chefman 6.5-quart that you have to check if you plan to buy one.
3. Philips HD9650/96 7-Quart XXL Air Fryer
(Best For Daily Use)
If you have known the basic information about the air fryers and how it works, you might have heard about the AirFryer – the first form of current air fryers that Philips introduced in 2010.
And as a famous manufacturer in producing home appliances, I would like to show you this excellent item with its accomplished technology called Fat Removal. By using it, you will enhance your family’s health with less-oil or less-fat treats, especially French Fries.
Plus, with the digital touchscreen, Philips HĐ650/96 is a friendly-user tool that you can control and use with ease. And guess what? With this device, you can prepare hearty meals for up to 6 people. So good, right?
- Designed with Fat Removal technology to capture/reduce up to 90% fat
- A digital display including 5 presets for quick and easy setting
- QuickClean and dishwasher-safe basket or other removable parts
- Automatic shut off when it finishes cooking
- Featured with keep warm function
- Built-in cord storage
- Can cook for a maximum of 6 people in a short time
- Ideal for reheating dishes
- Offer free culinary recipes via app or book included
- Can fit a whole chicken
- Deliver crispier results thanks to its Rapid Air technology
- 1.5 times faster than a regular oven
- Might emit smoke during cooking
- Work a little bit noisy
|Dimension||15.6 x 15.6 x 15.7 ins|
|Temperature Range||100 to 400 F degrees|
|Time Range||Up to 60 minutes|
|Functions||5 presets and keep warm function|
|Warranty||1-year guarantee or 2-year international guarantee|
This Philips HD9650/96 is a game-changer that you might not want to use your old oven anymore.
4. Instant Vortex Plus 10-Quart Air Fryer
(Best With Rotisserie and Dehydrator)
Another digital-display device that you can broil, air fry, bake, roast, reheat, rotisserie, and reheat in a breeze is this Instant Vortex Plus. And among many superior air fryers with rotisserie, I prioritize this one.
And this one is perfect for your dinner with a rotisserie as it comes with various support tools like rotisserie basket, fetch tool, spit & forks, and drip pan. If you are willing to pay the extra money, you can also get an upgraded version of it as Instant Vortex Pro with more preset programs.
Ideal for large households, good price, and quick-cooking, what else can you expect from an air fryer? This item seems the ultimate answer for many people who crave crunchy, healthy, and tender dishes with its EvenCrip technology.
If you want to create many simple air fryer meal-preps, side dishes, main courses, etc., count on this one. And you will be stunned by its cooking performance.
- 7-in-1 cookware that allows you to roast, broil, air fry, reheat, dehydrate, and rotisserie
- Easy-to-see display and convenient one-touch screen
- Fast preheating time, even for frozen dishes
- Overheat Protection system to turn off automatically for better safety
- EvenCrisp Technology provides the crunchiest exterior yet the tenderest interior with less than 95% oil
- Clean-up with no effort
- Perfect for rotisserie with many necessary tools included
- Can cook different dishes at the same time
- Very easy to work with
- Do not get hot during working
- The door might be hard to close, or you have to make sure they are lined up straight
- Not-too-quiet running
|Dimension||13.2 x 13.2 x 14.4 ins|
|Temperature Range||95 to 400 F degrees|
|Time Range||Maximum 60 minutes|
|Dishwasher-safe Parts||Yes (cooking trays)|
|Functions||7 programs (air fry, roast, bake, reheat, dehydrate, broil, rotisserie)|
Is it worth buying an Instant Vortex Plus cookware? Check this review to find out!
5. Ninja DZ401 Foodi 10-Quart XL Air Fryer
(Best With Two Baskets)
Ready to be wowed with this Ninja DZ401 Foodi as it can prepare big and delicious meals excellently. Since it is equipped with two separate baskets, this gadget is distinctive compared to other air fryers.
Besides, it allows you to choose either Smart Finish or Match Cook features to cook your food. With the Smart Finish, you can cook two meals in two different ways, while Match Cook enables you to use the same setting for the whole meal in two baskets.
You can prepare a luxurious dinner for your family with 8 pounds of chicken wings or any delicious meal with your Ninja air fryer. But if you think 10-quart is too much, you can consider using Ninja DZ401 Foodi 8-quart at a lower price.
- Big capacity at 10 quarts (5 quarts for each) that can fit up to 8-pound chicken wings
- Featured with 2 individual baskets with DualZone technology so you can cook 2 different meals and finish them at the same time
- Include six cooking methods like air fry, roast, broil, bake, reheat, and dehydrate
- IQ Boost system can distribute the heat to each basket and cook food fast
- 75% less fat compared to typical air frying
- Clean in a breeze with non-stick baskets and dishwasher-safe crisper plates
- Can save 30% on your cooking time
- Wider temperature control that up to 450 F degrees
- Powerful heating to evenly cook the food
- Work great in preparing different courses
- Relatively expensive for a tight budget
|Dimension||17.1 x 13.9 x 12.8 ins|
|Power Rating||1690 peak-watts|
|Temperature Range||105 to 450 F degrees|
|Functions||6 programs (air fry, roast, broil, bake, reheat, and dehydrate)|
The most in-depth review of Ninja DZ401 Foodi is here.
6. COSORI 32-Quart XL Air Fryer
(Best For Big Household)
Let’s forget your tiredness by making a pleasant treat with this awesome air fryer toaster oven chosen by many buyers. As a fully-equipped appliance with several accessories to cook various food styles, this device is truly a good assistant to improve your meals.
Also, the sleek appearance with a stainless-steel look definitely makes your kitchen look more luxurious. Another smaller option is the COSORI 26-quart with 11 cooking programs. But with a 32-quart one, you can fit in a 5-pound chicken or a 13-inch pizza to cook for more people.
So if you are planning to throw a big party, I do not think there is any better solution besides this machine. What’s more, you do not even need to care about the washing part because you can put its cooking racks, tray, or baskets in a dishwasher and let the machine take care of them.
- Big 32-quart space to hold more foods (13-inch pizza or 5-pound chicken) that is good to feed 5 to 7 people
- 360 heat circulation from the high-speed convection fan to deliver evenly-cooked results and reduce up to 85% of fat
- Designed with 3-rack positions so you can cook different dishes at the same time
- 12 cooking functions
- Auto turn-off interior light
- 5 heat elements for more heating options
- Up to a 24-hour timer, which is better for dehydrating food overnight or slow-cooking
- Bright oven light to ensure you can check your food clearly through a quality glass door
- Non-stick interior and detachable parts are simple to clean
- Can be the best gift to your beloved family or friends
- Include a cookbook so you can have more ideas to utilize this machine
- The door might not open all the way down, so you have to be more careful to prevent burns
|Dimension||20.1 x 16.5 x 12.5 ins|
|Temperature Range||80 to 450 F degrees|
|Time Range||0 to 24 hours|
|Functions||12 cooking programs (Air fry, bagel, toast, pizza, roast, bake, broil, cookies, dehydrate, ferment, warm, and rotisserie)|
Through this insightful review, I bet you can make up your last decision in buying the COSORI 30-liter air fryer.
7. GoWISE USA GW44800-O 12.7-quart Family-Sized Air Fryer
(Best With Various Accessories)
Another extremely convenient gadget that you can find on the market is the GoWISE USA GW44800-O, which is also one of my favorite air fryer dehydrators. Besides its huge capacity, it comes with 10 accessories that ensure your cooking job is done at ease yet with high efficiency.
Moreover, the machine’s built-in presets are impressive because it can deal with various dishes, from fresh meat to frozen foods, like your favorite frozen lasagna. You will get a manual book with a specific timing chart for each food type in one purchase.
If you live in a small house with a tiny kitchen, this item can fit nicely on the counter. But in case you have more space, its bigger version – GoWISE USA 14.7-quarts with 11 accessories and extra preheat and broil functions, might be better for you.
- 12.7-quart appliance for family-sized meals (up to 6 people)
- Consist of 10 cooking accessories for preparing various delicacies
- Convenient 15 preset programs
- Come with different colors and a recipe book with 50 ideas
- 3-level rack position
- Have more options in choosing appliance’s color
- Straightforward using
- Can deal with many food ingredients (fries, veggies, chicken, meat, pizza, popcorn, etc.)
- The compact appearance that is suitable for small storage space
- Clean-up is hassle-free
- Would be better if the presets had separate buttons
|Dimension||11.5 x 12 x 14 ins|
|Temperature Range||120 to 430 F degrees|
|Time Range||60 minutes (up to 8 hours for dehydrate function)|
|Functions||15 presets (steak, fish, chicken, fries, bake, toast, vegetables, frozen foods, baked potato, wings, rotisserie, pizza, dehydrate, keep warm, defrost)|
Let’s unbox and run a few tests with this GoWISE USA GW44800-O to see how great it is.
8. Cuisinart TOA-60 Full-Sized Air Fryer
(Best Air Fryer Toast Oven)
The beast in the world of air fryers is here. There are several types of air fryers, but if you need high-quality air fryer toaster oven combos, nothing can beat this Cuisinart TOA-60 since their performances are superb.
First, with 1800-watt power, they provide a powerful hot air that you can broil, bake, air fry, etc., your dishes rapidly. It can turn raw meat into a spectacular dish with golden brown color. And as it owns a basic silver color, your kitchen will be more elegant with this air fryer’s appearance.
You will also get a combo of a baking pan, air fryer rack/basket, and oven rack in one purchase so you can prepare numerous delicacies, from veggies to chicken wings, from bagel to pizza.
- Strong 1800-watt powers
- 7 functions consisting of air fry, broil, toast, convection bake, convection broil, bake, reheat
- 60-minute timer
- Easy control thermostat
- Include accessories for preparation
- Mess-free cleanup
- Perform excellently and fast in making delicious and healthy meals
- Ensure your dishes are cooked evenly
- Good safety feature with its auto shut-off program
- Have lustrous appearance
- Lack preheat function
|Dimension||15.5 x 16 x 14 ins|
|Capacity||~0.6 cubic feet (appro 18 qts)|
|Temperature Range||Up to 450 F degrees|
|Time Range||Maximum of 60 minutes|
|Dishwasher-safe Parts||Yes (just basket and tray)|
|Functions||7 functions (convection bake, convection broil, bake, air fry, broil, toast, reheat)|
|Warranty||3-year limited (only in the US and Canada)|
You might want to get a Cuisinart TOA-60 right after checking this presentation.
9. NuWave 8-quart Brio Air Fryer
(Best With Grill)
If you love grilling dishes, the NuWave air fryer can cook your food without emitting any smoke. Or if you want to stuff around 5-pound chicken or 3-pound fries into 1 basket, NuWave air fryer is also an ideal solution.
Moreover, its wattage control allows you to choose between 900W, 1500W, or 1800W based on your preference. And it can ensure the best consistency temperature to cook your food precisely and amazingly.
By using this machine, your treats are tasty and nutritious, with less than 75% calories or fat. Technically, it is a “set and go” appliance, making them ideal for workaholics.
- Can choose appropriate power wattage (900W, 1500W, or 1800W)
- 6 preset cooking programs
- 2500rpm fan that can circulate 360 degrees to cook food thoroughly and evenly
- Reduce up to 75% fat or calories
- Include reversible rack for multi-level cooking and digital probe
- Do not release smoke during grilling
- Can store many foods with its big basket
- Use and clean in a blink of an eye
- Can cook different styles of dishes
- Ideal for keto or healthier diets
- 3 times faster in cooking compared to traditional methods
- Need to be more careful with a handle
|Dimension||16.5 x 15.1 x 13.1 ins|
|Power Rating||Adjustable from 900W, 1500W, or 1800w|
|Temperature Range||50 to 400 F degrees|
|Functions||6 presets (broil, roast, air fry, grill, bake, and dehydrate)|
What are things to love and not love about NuWave 8-quart? This demonstration will answer it.
10. Big Boss 16-quart Super-Sized Air Fryer
I love this product because I can monitor my foods from any angle as this Big Boss product is the best glass air fryer in the market. Another big plus of this one is they come at a great price that can suit limited budgets.
Thanks to the strong 360-degree air circulation, it can thoroughly cook your foods from top to bottom. And with its advanced automatic shutting-off, you do not have to worry about overheating cooking, ensuring the best safety while you use it.
As it includes the frying bowl and pan, the Big Boss air fryer can separate the food from fat as the oil will be dripped down the pan during the cooking process.
- Oil-less or no-oil cooking for nutritious foods
- An air fryer that can perform other functions like grilling, roasting, toasting, or baking
- Adjustable timing and temperature through its built-in technology
- 360-degree air convection to result in the tastiest and crispiest treats
- Large size that can feed up to 6 people
- Powerful and even heating to ensure your food is done ideally
- Can turn off automatically by its Overheating Protection system
- Include a 50-recipe cookbook to expand your cooking ideas
- Inexpensive device
- Simple operating and can heat up quickly
- Have a bulky shape
|Dimension||16 x 12.5 x 13.5 ins|
|Temperature Range||180 to 400 F degrees|
|Time Range||60 minutes (at max)|
|Functions||Multiple ( air fry, grill, bake, toast, roast)|
I am sure you will be surprised by the big Big Boss 16-quart. Let’s check and see!
Important Buying Notes Before Choosing Large-Capacity Air Fryers
Now you have just known about high-ranking air fryers with big cooking spaces. In this part, I will show you other considerations to look for for the best purchasing decision. Keep reading so as not to miss any essential information.
1. Type of Air Fryer
You can recognize different air fryer types from the list of 10 above items. Some of them come with the basket, while some look like typical convection or toaster oven. In fact, there are similarities and dissimilarities between convection ovens and air fryers, you will still find many models as the perfect combination of these appliances.
Regarding a basket type, they normally come in the cylinder shape, but some also have a square or round form. When using this style, you need to pull the basket in/out to load/unload your foods.
Typically, they will consume smaller counter space than the other styles, but some models with really big capacity, obviously, have a bulky shape.
The other common type is oven air fryers with countless models to consider. So it just depends on what you need or your priority to choose the most suitable machine.
2. Suitable Size or Capacity
Large capacity might be too generic. So choosing the best machine’s size or capacity is another critical factor that you need to base on how big your family is. However, you need to remember that the larger it is, the more counter space it takes.
For example, if there are 2 to 3 people in your household, the ideal capacity range is 3 to 4 quarts. Or it should be up to 6 quarts for a family of 4. With a larger 6-quart air fryer, they can best suit a family of 5 or more.
3. Manual (Analog) or Digital Control
Air fryers are normally designed with manual or digital controls. With manual (aka analog) style, you have to adjust the timer or temperature by knobs or buttons, while a digital air fryer offers a better setting or review of what you set through its LED screen.
So if you prefer the more contemporary technology with a touchscreen, you can choose an LCD one. Many modern large air fryers are equipped with digital controls, while the smaller ones might come with manual control.
4. Temperature Range
All air fryers allow you to set the temperature, normally ranging from 175 to 400 F degrees. Some models can have lower or higher degrees.
The lower they are, the better for dehydrating your foods, like veggies or fruits. Or, if you usually cook recipes that require high temperatures, you might find some products’ temperature ranges up to 450 F degrees.
5. Ease Of Cleaning and Maintenance
As most air fryers are very simple to understand and use, I will focus on cleaning and maintenance. In comparing an air fryer and a deep fryer, the air fryer tends to have more advantages in easy clean-up and maintenance.
Most air fryer’s removable parts, like baskets, trays, etc., are dishwasher-safe, or you can wash them by hand as they are made from non-stick materials. With other non-dishwasher-safe parts, you can also use a cloth to clean them with no effort.
6. Additional Features
Finally, let’s see how many extra features an excellent air fryer should have. If your priority is versatility, you should not pass this part.
The Versatility of Cooking Functions
Besides the basic function is air frying, many products are designed with other cooking programs like baking, broiling, toasting, roasting, dehydrating, etc. On the other hand, you can also find other specific programs for specific ingredients, like fish, meat, pizza, fries, and more.
Rotating And Shaking Functions
If you need a self-rotating function, other air fryers that come with a paddle can meet your requirement. Or many high-end models offer a shaking system to decrease your physical pull out/in to toss or turn your food during the cooking process.
This feature might be interesting to tech-savvy people because they can control the cooking via their smartphone, tablet by air fryer’s manufacturer apps. However, you might expect a high price for these models.
Checking for the auto shut-off technology is also important to avoid unexpected results like overcooking or overheating. I think this feature is a standard one that you should prioritize among other features.
These tools normally come with an oven air fryer type. Rack, oven tray, basket, dripping pan, etc., will help you prepare meals effectively and correctly.
This buying guide will show you what criteria a good air fryer should have.
How To Use Air Fryer Properly
The air fryer is an awesome kitchen tool. But if you want to use it for a long time, you should know how to treat it well.
Preheat The Machine
Similar to the oven, you will need to preheat it before cooking. So set them at 375 F degrees in three to 5 minutes (depending on the size of your appliance).
Do Not Overload Food Inside The Device
Do not pile them up to avoid unevenly or undercooked results. It can also increase the cooking time. The food will come out crispier if you cook them in small batches.
Might Require A Few Shakes/Flips During The Process
You might need to shake the device’s basket to ensure your dishes are evenly cooked in some air fryer model. So feel free to pull out the drawer and do a few shakes (or flips) periodically for the best result.
Clean It Right After Each Use
After letting the machine cool down, you can clean it to prevent any food particles from getting stuck in the nook or crannies, affecting your next meals’ hygiene.
What not to do with your air fryer? This instruction will tell you.
Last but not least, below are some commonly asked questions regarding air fryers in general. If you still have other concerns, these answers might be what you are looking for.
My Top Pick
COSORI 5.8-quart is the first one I want to recommend to anyone if they ask me what the best air fryer with a bigger capacity is. This product has a reasonable price and provides a variety of culinary capabilities. Plus, their Shake Reminder technology distinguishes them from other gadgets.
On the other hand, the Chefman 6.5-quart air fryer is perfect for tight funds. But do not underestimate it because it also delivers the best cooking performance like other high-end appliances.
So what do you think about my list? Have you found your favorite gadget yet? Please share your opinions or experience in cooking with them so we can discuss more in the comment section. Thank you so much!