Hamburgers have always been a favorite dish of many people from all walks of life. Not only are they appetizing, but burgers provide a quick meal for those who are too busy to cook for themselves. Also, hamburgers are quite affordable as well.
However, there might be times when you feel like you’d want to be able to make hamburgers right within your home. This might be especially true during this pandemic, when it’s downright impossible to get to your favorite fast food place.
If you still want to eat delicious burgers without spending too much time on the cooking process, why not try out these products from my list of reviews for the best frozen burgers to try in 2021.
Table of Contents
Who Has The Best Frozen Burger?
To help you with your search for the best frozen burgers, here are some of my personal recommendations for the best frozen hamburger patties brands.
One of the few brands to offer grass-fed beef, Mount Pleasant promises their users that their product will always be of top-notch quality. Moreover, their meat is also free of hormones, GMOs, and grains.
- Top 15 Best Canned Chili Reviews in 2022
- Top 15 Best Avocado Oil for Cooking Reviews in 2022
- Top 15 Best Manuka Honey Brands Reviews in 2022
- Top 15 Best Pineapple Juice Reviews 2022
- Top 15 Best Aloe Vera Juice Reviews in 2022
- Top 15 Best Truffle Oil Reviews in 2022
- Top 10 Best Canned Ham Reviews 2022
- Top 15 Best Apple Juice Reviews in 2022
Offering a wide range of products, Omaha Steaks is also famous for their top-quality patties. Whatever you’re buying from this brand, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.
Vegan’s best friend, Dr.Praeger’s is known for their tasty and nutritious vegan hamburgers. The brand also caters to other different needs, such as gluten-free patties.
Another name you can trust, Ball Park offers USDA-certified food. They also provide users with a wide variety of frozen patties that you will definitely dig.
A firm believer in the “You are what you eat” motto, this brand seeks to provide its user with natural and organic meat. Furthermore, the brand also ensures that their meat is humanely raised without the use of antibiotics and GMOs.
Frozen Burgers Comparison Table 2022
Let’s take a look at this comparison chart to learn what options are available when it comes to the best frozen burgers in 2021.
|Best Frozen Burgers||Flavor||Pack Of|
|Mount Pleasant Grass-Fed Beef Frozen Burger - Best Overall||Beef||12 (Also available in 14 and 36)|
|Omaha Steaks Turkey Frozen Burger - Best for Budget||Turkey||16|
|Dr.Praeger's Jumbo Kale Veggie Frozen Burger - Best for Vegan||Kale||28|
|Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Patty Frozen Burger - Best for BBQ||Beef||6|
|Gold’n Plump Chicken Pattie Frozen Burger - Best in Oven||Chicken||6|
|Ballpark Double Cheese Frozen Burger - Best with Bun||Cheese and beef||12|
|Meal Mart Kosher Frozen Burger - Best to Grill||Beef||2|
|Applegate The Great Organic Frozen Burger - Best on Stove||Beef and mushroom||4|
|Tribali Foods, Inc. Organic Frozen Burger - Best in Air Fryer||Chicken and turkey||12|
|Butterball All Natural White Turkey Frozen Burger||Turkey||8|
|Jennie-O All White Turkey Frozen Burger||Turkey||6|
Which Are The Best Frozen Burgers To Buy?
If you’re having troubles deciding what product you want, why not have a look at this shortlist of the best frozen burgers? To make it easier for you to choose, I’ve also made sure to include a short description of each product.
- Best Overall – Mount Pleasant Grass-Fed Beef Frozen Burger
“Made from grass-fed cows, rich in fatty acids, buns not included, tender and juicy in texture, flash-freeze, warped in air-tight bags.”
- Best for Budget – Omaha Steaks Turkey Frozen Burger
“Made from all-natural white meat turkey, precooked, pre-seasoned, vacuum-sealed, no thawing required.”
- Best for Vegan – Dr.Praeger’s Jumbo Kale Veggie Frozen Burge
“Veggie burger, long shelf life, best for the flat top grill, compatible with convection oven, free of cholesterol, rich in dietary fiber.”
- Best for BBQ – Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Patty Frozen Burger
“Precooked, contains up to 13 grams of protein per serving, made with 100% beef, gluten-free, packed in a resealable bag.”
- Best in Oven – Gold’n Plump Chicken Pattie Frozen Burger
“Made from premium chicken in the United States, no thawing required, vacuum-packed, suitable for freezer-to-oven serving.”
- Best with Bun – Ballpark Double Cheese Frozen Burger
“Individually wrapped, precooked, butcher wrap included, USDA-certified, highly in beneficial nutrients, compatible with microwave, can be ready in 2 minutes.”
- Best to Grill – Meal Mart Kosher Frozen Burger
“Mini beef patties, all-natural, not precooked, not pre-seasoned, suitable for people who like customized burgers.”
- Best on Stove – Applegate The Great Organic Frozen Burger
“Made from mushroom and beef, not precooked, verified non-GMO, free of nitrites and nitrates.”
- Best in Air Fryer – Tribali Foods, Inc. Organic Frozen Burger
“Two different flavors – Chipotle Chicken and Thai Style Turkey, humanely raised meat, free-range fowl.”
My Reviews For The Best Frozen Burgers in 2022
Why waste time grinding meat, trying to figure out how to use your premium burger press, or learning how to make a burger when you can buy pre-made goods? Check out my detailed review of the best frozen burgers that I personally believe everyone should try in 2021 below.
1. Mount Pleasant Grass-Fed Beef Frozen Burger
Enjoy juicy and delicious homemade hamburger with this pack of frozen burgers from Mount Pleasant Grass-Fed Beef Co. Offering a fresh and authentic taste, these beef burgers will be so irresistibly mouthwatering that you’ll buy a new pack in no time.
Made from pure grass-fed cows, these frozen burgers are free of hormones, GMOs, and antibiotics. This means that the beef you get in your burger is as healthy and pure as possible.
Furthermore, this pack of frozen burgers will ensure that you get a balanced diet. To clarify, these beef burgers ar a great source of Omega-3 to Omega-6 fatty acids. Also, they are rich in essential linoleic acid – a crucial acid for a healthy diet.
To ensure that these burgers stay fresh and juicy, the manufacturers have used an ingenious flash-freezing process. As a result, all the juicy goodness is properly sealed in the air-tight bags right after production.
- Not precooked
- Made from grass-fed cows
- Rich in fatty acids
- Buns not included
- The beef has a tender and juicy texture that ensures that you will have a fantastic experience tasting it
- The burgers do not require additional seasoning or marinating, which means that you can instantly cook the meat
- The meat does not contain any preservatives whatsoever
- The beef is well-packaged so that it will not spoil during delivery
- Some people might find these burgers a bit too fatty
|Manufacturer||Mount Pleasant Grass Fed|
2. Omaha Steaks Turkey Frozen Burger
(Best for Budget)
One of the most affordable options for a tight budget, these frozen burgers from Omaha steaks provides a lighter yet equally delicious take on the conventional backyard burgers.
These enticing burgers are a perfectly balanced blend of ground turkey, lemon, onions, and rosemary extract. As a result, the Omaha Steaks turkey burgers boast a tender and juicy texture as well as an enhanced flavor from the condiments.
As these turkey patties are perfectly frozen, it’ll be unlikely for you to detect signs of spoilage in the ground turkey. And I’m certain that you’ll finish these scrumptious turkey burgers soon after you buy them, meaning the ground turkey going bad probably isn’t worth your concern.
Furthermore, these burgers are gluten-free. Therefore, not only are these burgers delicious, but they’re versatile as well. You can be creative with the toppings because these buns are easily complemented.
- Made from all-natural white meat turkey
- Each burger is individually vacuum sealed to preserve the product’s freshness
- These burgers are quite easy to prepare as they can go straight from the freezer to the pan, oven, grill, or microwave
- You don’t need to thaw these burgers whatsoever
- These burgers reasonably priced despite being irresistibly delicious
- These burgers contain a high amount of fat
|Calories Per Serving||140|
You can learn how to cook the Omaha Steak burgers to the point of perfection with the following video:
3. Dr.Praeger’s Jumbo Kale Veggie Frozen Burger
(Best for Vegan)
Even if you’re a vegan, it does not necessarily mean that you will never have a chance to taste a mouthwatering burger again. Offering a delicious alternative to vegans, this frozen burger might sway even the most enthusiast meat-lover with its taste.
As tasty as conventional meat burgers, the Dr. Praeger’s jumbo veggie burgers are made from kale, cooked quinoa, millet, onions, cooked brown rice, canola oil, carrots, sweet potato, spinach, roasted corn, red pepper, salt, parsley, and roasted garlic.
Boasting a subtle hint of black pepper, the Dr. Praeger’s jumbo veggie burgers are also an ideal source of nutrients. In fact, these veggies burgers are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, iron, calcium, potassium, protein, and sodium.
- Veggie burger
- Long shelf life
- Best for flat top grill
- Compatible with convection oven
- These veggie burgers do not contain any cholesterol at all, which means that they are relatively healthy
- You can cook these burgers in a relatively short time
- These burgers provide a high amount of dietary fiber, which is essential for a healthy diet
- The products are free of unwanted ingredients such as trans fat and preservatives
- Compared to most other competing products, these veggies burgers are quite high in calorie counts
|Dimensions||12.9 x 8.6 x 5.2 inches|
|Weight||10 pounds (5.5 ounces each)|
|Calories Per Serving||250|
Too good to be true? To learn more about this fantastic product, you can check out the video below:
4. Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Patty Frozen Burger
(Best for BBQ)
There’s hardly anything that can beat a smoky burger in a BBQ party. After all, burgers can be the heart and soul of these sorts of events. Boasting an enticing taste, these frozen burgers will be the perfect choice for barbecues.
Made from premium-quality beef, the Ball Park frozen burgers boast a flame grilled taste that will definitely make you yearn for more. What’s more, these burgers are professionally seasoned, grilled, and then flash-frozen.
Because the Ball Park frozen burgers have already been precooked, you will not have to spend too much time preparing your food. You only need a few simple steps to reheat the burger, and if you’re looking for a quick meal, microwaving it for 2 minutes will give you a tasty, hot burger.
- 13 grams of protein per serving
- Made with 100% beef
- The burgers are packed in a resealable bag so that they can always stay fresh even after opening
- The products are free of artificial colors, flavors, by-products, and preservatives
- The burgers can be ready within a short span of time
- The products are an ideal source of protein
- There have been some complaints that the meat tasted a bit rubbery
|Dimensions||4.7 x 8.1 x 8.1 inches|
|Calories Per Serving||240|
To see how the burgers look up close, you should try watching the following video:
5. Gold’n Plump Chicken Pattie Frozen Burger
(Best in Oven)
It’s not always the case that you have a readily available grill to cook your frozen burgers with. In these cases, you can look for burgers compatible with ovens so that you can enjoy tasty hamburgers in little to no time.
One of the most noteworthy aspects of these chicken burgers is that the chickens have been raised in the most humane way possible by family farmers. Therefore, the meat is of excellent quality.
Furthermore, these chicken patties have been made from premium boneless and skinless chicken. Therefore, the chicken patties are highly flavorful and appetizing. Having 56% less fat than standard beef burgers, these prove to be a healthy option.
As this product only comes with burger patties, you’ll have to prepare the buns yourself. So it’s a good time to learn how to make black burger bun, especially for those who don’t feel like purchasing ready-made buns. Delicious buns plus tasty patties equal a hearty meal!
- Made from premium chicken
- Made in the United States
- No thawing required
- Having been carefully vacuum-packed, these burgers are of superb freshness.
- These burgers are suitable for freezer-to-oven serving.
- Because these burgers contain lower fat and calorie count, they are suitable for people on a diet.
- These burgers are quite high in protein, being able to provide up to 28 grams of protein with one single serving.
- These burgers contain milk; therefore, they might not be suitable for lactose intolerant people
|Dimensions||10.1 x 2.2 x 5.6 inches|
|Calories Per Serving||230|
6. Ballpark Double Cheese Frozen Burger
(Best with Bun)
No more buying separate patties and buns just to make a hamburger, with this product from Ball Park, you’ll get a full “set” of buns, patties, and cheese.
Arriving in a pack of 12, these frozen double cheese burgers offer two beef patties with cheese. To ensure that the burgers stay fresh and clean, the manufacturer has individually warped each burger.
Compatible with multiple cook platforms, these double cheese burgers have already been precooked. Served on an artisan bun, these products will definitely be so delicious that you’ll keep going back for more.
- Individually wrapped
- Butcher wrap included
- These burgers are a good source of calcium, iron, potassium, vitamin D, and protein
- These products are compatible with microwaves; therefore, you only need a minute or two to get these burgers ready for serving
- The burgers come with a butcher wrap, which reduces spoilage
- Because these burgers have been flame grilled, they offer an authentic grilled taste
- These burgers are a bit on the expensive side
- These burgers contain possible allergens like milk and wheat
|Flavor||Cheese and beef|
|Calories Per Serving||580|
7. Meal Mart Kosher Frozen Burger
(Best to Grill)
There’s no denying that grilling is the best way to prepare burgers. There’s hardly anything that can beat the smoked and juicy flavors of properly grilled burgers. With these frozen burgers from Meal Mart, you’ll get the best grilled burgers there is.
Most suitable for charcoal grills, the Meal Mart frozen burgers will be ready to eat in about 15-20 minutes of cooking. Because the burgers have not been seasoned first, you can add anything you’d like to the patties according to your preferences.
As it’ll take a while for the burgers to cook, think about the side dishes you need to prepare for burgers while waiting. If you indeed choose to grill burgers, it’s aso ideal to consider what dishes you can make with a griddle as well. Two birds with one stone, am I right?
What’s more, these frozen burgers are individually wrapped for maximum freshness. Therefore, you will not have to worry about the burgers going stale before you can eat them all.
- Mini beef patties
- Not precooked
- These burgers are suitable for people who like customized burgers
- The patties were minimally processed with no artificial ingredients, thus promising the most authentic taste
- Because the patties do not contain any harmful ingredients, they are suitable for even small children
- Some people might find the serving size a bit small
|Dimensions||5.3 x 1 x 5.3 inches|
|Calories Per Serving||230|
8. Applegate The Great Organic Frozen Burger
(Best on Stove)
Are you looking for frozen burgers that can be cooked on your stovetop with a skillet or a good pan for sauteing? Well then you’re in luck; look no further with this fantastic beef and mushroom frozen burger from Applegate.
An excellent blend of organic beef and mushroom, the Applegate frozen burgers are entirely free of antibiotics and added hormones. These products also contain virtually no chemical nitrites or nitrates at all.
Furthermore, the beef is made from humanely raised cows. Having been verified as a Non-GMO project, the Applegate frozen burgers seek to provide customers with the most satisfying experience without any trace of genetic engineering.
- Made from mushroom and beef
- Not precooked
- The burgers are low in fat and calorie count, meaning that they can be suitable for people on a diet
- The products are high in calcium, iron, and potassium
- The burgers are free of any trace of filler or additives, ensuring that the taste as authentic as possible
- The products can stay moist even after having been left in the open air for a long time
- These products are low in cholesterol; therefore, it’s suitable for people with high cholesterol
- If not properly cooked, the burgers might turn out a bit soggy
|Dimensions||5.5 x 9.5 x 1.5|
|Flavor||Beef and mushroom|
|Calories Per Serving||210|
9. Tribali Foods, Inc. Organic Frozen Burger
(Best in Air Fryer)
If you’re busy and can’t afford too much time cooking, why not choose these Tribali organic frozen burgers, which are compatible with air fryers? Having already been precooked, these frozen burgers can be ready to serve in less than 10 minutes.
Arriving in two different flavors, the Tribali frozen burgers offer you to options – the Chipotle Chicken or Thai Style Turkey.
The Chipotle Chicken flavor is made from organic and free-range chicken. Then the ground meat is blended with garlic, zesty poblano salsa, onion, roasted bell peppers, and smoky chipotle spices.
The Thai Style Turkey flavor, meanwhile, is made from organic and free-range turkey. The meat has a subtle touch of Thai sweetness thanks to the coconut aminos, which brings balance to a blend of lime, ginger, and red chili pepper.
- Two different flavors
- Humanely raised meat
- Not precooked
- These burgers cook quite quickly; therefore, they’re suitable for busy people
- The burgers are individually wrapped to ensure that the products don’t go stale before you can eat them
- The patties are quite easy to cook and do not require extra seasoning or marinating
- The burgers are both quite low in calorie count compared to their competing products
- The burgers are a bit on the expensive side
|Manufacturer||Tribali Food, Inc.|
|Flavor||Chicken and turkey|
|Calories Per Serving||Chicken (140); Turkey (160)|
10. Butterball All Natural White Turkey Frozen Burger
Another outstanding frozen turkey burger that you should take into consideration, the Butterball all-natural turkey burgers boasts of containing less fat than the majority of its competitors.
Made from white turkey meat, the Butterball burgers contain 93% lean and only 7% fat patties. Completely gluten-free, these burgers are suitable for even people with serious Celiac disease.
Requiring no thawing, these white turkey burgers can go straight from the freezer to the grill. Boasting a fantastic taste, these products are suitable for different cooking methods such as grilling, broiling, or frying with skillets.
Furthermore, because these burgers have such an amazing taste, they’re suitable for several different recipes as well. You can try making Mediterranean Turkey Burger, Korean Turkey Burger With Kimchi Slaw, or The Cobb Turkey Burger with this product.
- 93% lean and 7% fat meat
- Freezer-to-grill serve
- No thawing required
- Because the burgers are low in fat and calorie, they’re suitable for people on a diet as well
- The burgers are free of artificial ingredients, nitrites, and nitrates
- The turkeys for making burgers are raised without using hormones and steroids
- The products are highly versatile
- There has been a complaint or two about the patties having a bit of bone
|Dimensions||10.1 x 2.8 x 5.1 inches|
|Calories Per Serving||180|
11. Jennie-O All White Turkey Frozen Burger
Tasty and juicy, these turkey burgers from Jennie-O Turkey Store contain up to 65% less fat than your typical ground beef burgers. Made with white turkey, these frozen burgers are as tasty as they are nutritious.
Furthermore, the Jennie-O burgers are made from all-natural ingredients. This means that the burgers are minimally processed and do not contain any artificial ingredients.
Additionally, the Jennie-O burgers are all individually vacuum-packed for optimal freshness. It’s also worth mentioning that with one serving of these white turkey burgers, you will get up to 24 grams of protein.
- 65% less fat
- Made from all-natural ingredients
- Made with white turkey
- These burgers are reasonably priced and are of good value.
- The products provide a healthier alternative to ground beef burgers while still offering a mouthwatering taste.
- The burgers are all easy to cook and require no special pre-seasoning.
- The products are suitable for various recipes, making them highly versatile and flexible.
- The hint of garlic in the patties might be a bit too strong for some people
|Dimensions||5.5 x 10.2 x 2.2 inches|
|Manufacturer||Jennie-O All White|
|Calories Per Serving||250|
Even though frozen burgers look pretty similar at first glance, it goes without saying that they still differ vastly when it comes to quality and taste. Let’s have a look at the important aspects you need to pay attention to while buying frozen burgers.
Think about what you normally expect in a burger? Do you want it to be a beef burger, a turkey burger, or a chicken one? Do you like seasoning and customizing the burgers yourself? If so, you should choose a burger without prior seasoning.
Furthermore, you need to consider the source of your burgers’ meat. When it comes to ground beef burgers, grass-fed beef has the best reputation thanks to its delicious taste and tenderness. However, grass-fed beef tends to be quite expensive.
For a leaner burger patty, you can also go for ground chuck. Although chuck technically comes from beef, there are still plenty of key differences between ground beef and ground chuck, with one of them being the fat content.
Furthermore, burgers made from fowls such as turkey or chicken should be made from free-range ones. This means that the meat will contain significantly less fat and cholesterol.
Another reason why you should pay attention to the ingredient is that they might contain some possible allergens such as gluten or milk. Therefore, if you’re sensitive to gluten or dairy product, be sure to avoid burgers with those ingredients.
No matter how low its fat content is, ground meat will always have a bit of fat no matter what. While some people might not want the fat to be present in their burgers, actually this substance would be highly beneficial to your burgers.
How could fat be beneficial to your burger, you ask. To answer your question, I’d point out that burgers with higher fat content will be less likely to dry out when you cook them.
Nevertheless, for various reasons, some people would still prefer a leaner mix. However, you need to keep in mind that the leaner the mix, the more likely it will dry out once you’ve cooked them.
The lean-to-fat ratio of your burgers can also affect their cooking time and cooking method. Generally speaking, leaner patties will cook faster than fattier ones.
To Thaw Nor Not To Thaw
If you’re a busy person and can’t afford too much time cooking, then you should go for burger patties that don’t require thawing before cooking.
Don’t overlook the nutritional values of your burgers. If you’re investing money into buying the best burgers, you might as well choose one with the best nutrition.
Generally, red meat is better for you than white meat. This is because red meat tends to have higher levels of protein per serving. Furthermore, red meat is usually also lower in calories.
If you don’t want to spike your cholesterol level, then you can opt for plant-based burgers. Don’t be fooled by those rumors that plant-based burgers taste horrible. There are plenty of options out there that are as tasty as they are nutritious.
Last and not least, you need to keep an eye on the size of your burgers. Usually, frozen burgers range from four to eight ounces in weight.
Smaller ones do not necessarily mean that they’re not as good as the large ones. In fact, small patties prove to be far more versatile than larger ones as they can go with several recipes.
Even though frozen burgers are as simple as they get, here are some things you need to keep in mind to ensure that you have the best experience cooking and eating frozen burgers.
My Top Pick
Many people are a big fan of the taste and texture of grass-fed beef; therefore, when it comes to frozen burgers, Mount Pleasant Grass Fed Beef Frozen Burger is undoubtedly one of the most popular choices.
As I’ve mentioned before, grass-fed cows are rich in fatty acids such as Omega-3 to Omega-6. Therefore, aside from its wonderful taste, outstanding texture, the Mount Pleasant frozen burgers are highly nutritious as well.
What’s your favorite option so far? Do you have any tips and techniques on how to cook frozen burgers? If you have anything to share, be sure to leave a comment and let me know.