Since making tamales requires lots of effort and time, you’ll need the best tamale steamers to deal with these concerns. With them and the correct steaming instructions for tamales, you’ll get a plate full of hot tamales any time you want.
These products can save prep time and cut down tasks for the whole process, allowing you to have more time to cook other dishes, like some appetizing tamales’ accompaniments. So there are more chances to impress others with your cooking skills.
This product line is generally equipped with a basket where you can steam food and cook food submerged in the deep pot. Besides, you can pile tamales upright if they are long with a perfectly-sized tamale steamer.
However, it is not simple to buy a tamale steamer that suits your needs since you can see a wide range of these appliances on the Internet or in shopping malls. They offer a lot of designs, sizes, advanced functions, and materials.
Do not worry; I am happy to share with you the best tamale steamers in this post. Please take a look at the following reviews to collect full knowledge about such models.
What are you waiting for? Let’s jump into them!
What Is A Tamale Steamer?
A tamale steamer is typically equipped with a basket and a stockpot to steam and boil any kind of food, including tamales. It makes tamales sufficiently soft, moist, and tasty so you can enjoy them after letting them cool for a few minutes.
This cooking appliance essentially generates heat and steam from boiled water to cook tamales to perfection. Technically, the way it works is pretty comparable to good-grade bamboo steamers that you usually see in any Chinese or Asian restaurant.
Of course, preparing tamales is the first thing to do. They comprise several ingredients like corn masa, meat, and spices, then wrapped in banana leaf or corn husk.
You can pile long tamales upright in the basket to cook a large quantity at once so you can serve your family members, friends, or guests. Besides, some models allow you to cook other meals, outdoor cooking activities, or any event.
A traditional tamale steamer often comes with a food container, tiers, steamer insert, built-in lid, comfortable, grippy handles, and solid base.
Several modern steamers usually feature advanced functions, such as automatic warm, digital touchpad, LED display, automatic shut-off, power indicator light, and countdown timer.
You can wash this product line by hand or simply put it in the dishwasher if compatible. It generally comes with a double-tiered design, space-saving sizes, and a nice appearance to suit any of your kitchen space.
Most tamale steamers are made of highly durable materials, such as aluminum, granite, and aluminum that tend to provide an easy food release and withstand high temperature and outside elements during use.
Types Of Tamale Steamers
This section points out how to classify tamale steamers properly. In general, this product line is divided into two main types: traditional and electric tamale steamers.
The electric appliances are more modern and convenient to use than traditional products. It can cook tamales more efficiently and minimize the preparation time.
Traditional Tamale Steamers
These steamers are generally made of aluminum and stainless steel or other materials, granite included. Plus, most of them are compatible with stovetops.
Besides, this type is highly durable and comes with a perfectly broad size to handle a large number of tamales at once.
Electric Tamale Steamers
Unlike traditional appliances, this type provides optimal convenience during use. Besides, it is usually equipped with advanced features, such as automatic shut-off, LED display, power indicator light, and countdown timer, similar to any high-function egg cooker. Extremely handy!
It tends to start and operate faster than traditional models. Plus, it delivers efficient control of the water level, inside heat system, warming modes, and other settings.
Which Are The Best Tamale Steamers To Buy?
The best tamale steamers are Hamilton Beach and Secura because of their automatic functions, digital control panel, warm-keeping mode, and versatility. In addition, Granite Ware is also good at affordable price, durability, chip-resistant feature, and a perfect size.
This section gives you an overview of the best tamale steamers. You can take a look at separate labels corresponding to each product. Besides, please follow the key features attached to devices to get more useful information.
Let’s dig into them right now!
- Best Overall: Hamilton Beach Digital Touchpad Stackable Tamale Steamer
“Highly versatile, nested storage, removable center divider, automatic warm, countdown timer, hand-washed food containers, stackable, drip tray, rice bowl, water reservoir.”
- Best Budget: Oster Stainless Steel Dual Purpose Tamale Steamer
“Stackable design, steamer insert, airtight transparent lid, comfortable handles, versatile to use, encapsulated base, steady heating, oven safe, durable, effortless to use.”
- Best Durable: Rachael Ray Non-Stick Durable Construction Tamale Steamer
“Even heating, sturdy exterior, effortless to clean, modern style, steamer insert, oven-safe, highly compatible, easy food release, shatter-resistant glass lid, rustic colors.”
- Best Large: Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Domed Vented Lid Tamale Steamer
“Including domed, vented lid, steamer, and saucepot; offer large-sized side handles and a handle lid; provide a sealed space, shiny exterior, and perforated basket; supply indentations.”
- Best Compact Design: Farberware Classic 3 Quarts Stainless Steel Tamale Steamer
“Multi-purpose, mirror finish, classic touch, self-basting lid, oven-safe, steamer insert, fast to heat, full cap base, thick aluminum core, solid construction, comfortable handles.”
- Best Electric: Oster Transparent Steaming Bowls Tamale Steamer
“Versatility, retain nutrients, double-tiered design, compact storage, power indicator light, automatic shut-off function, automatic sixty-minute timer, dishwasher safe.”
- Best Versatile: IMUSA Durable Aluminum Multi-Purpose Tamale Steamer
“Removable steamer insert, heavy-duty, large-batch cooking, effortless to clean, compact storage, double-sided handles, stable heating, silver exterior, and interior.”
- Best with Dividers: ARC Removable Convenient Dividers Tamale Steamer
“Food-grade materials, durable, nice heft, heavy-duty construction, versatility, affordable price, unique spout, steamer insert rack, side loop handles, lid handle, easy to use.”
- Best with Vented Glass: Chef’s Star 3-Piece Vented Glass Lid Tamale Steamer
“Heavy-duty, space-saving, affordable price, clear vision, easy stacking, non-slip feature, thermostatic handles, fight against rusting, corrosion resistance, effortless to clean.”
- Best For All Cooking Surfaces: Nevlers 3-Piece Premium Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Tamale Steamer
“Distribute the heat evenly and thoroughly; tight-fitting vented glass lid; thick and durable rolled pot rims; spill- and drip-resistant pouring; stay-cool side handles; compatible with all cooking surfaces.”
Tamale Steamer Comparison Table
The following chart provides some key properties of the best tamale steamers. You can keep track of them easily with separate columns: dimensions, item weight, types of tamale steamers, and the number of quarts. Do not skip this comparative table.
|Best Tamale Steamers||Dimensions||Item Weight||Size||Types of Tamale Steamers|
|Hamilton Beach Digital Touchpad Stackable Tamale Steamer - Best Overall||13.7 x 7.28 x 12.6 inches||3.97 pounds||5.5 quarts||Electric|
|Oster Stainless Steel Dual Purpose Tamale Steamer - Best Budget||8.5 x 8.5 x 6.2 inches||2.77 pounds||3 quarts||Traditional|
|Rachael Ray Non-Stick Durable Construction Tamale Steamer - Best Durable||10.86 x 7.75 x 10.75 inches||3.7 pounds||3 quarts||Traditional|
|Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Domed Vented Lid Tamale Steamer - Best Large||15.5 x 15.5 x 14 inches||13 pounds||36 quarts||Traditional|
|Farberware Classic 3 Quarts Stainless Steel Tamale Steamer - Best Compact Design||8.8 x 8.8 x 7.8 inches||3.55 pounds||3 quarts||Traditional|
|Oster Transparent Steaming Bowls Tamale Steamer - Best Electric||8.4 x 8.4 x 8.8 inches||1.15 pounds||5 quarts||Electric|
|IMUSA Durable Aluminum Multi-Purpose Tamale Steamer - Best Versatile||14 x 11.5 x 9 inches||3.08 pounds||12 quarts||Traditional|
|ARC Removable Convenient Dividers Tamale Steamer - Best with Dividers||Not specified||18.3 pounds||24 quarts||Traditional|
|Chef's Star 3-Piece Vented Glass Lid Tamale Steamer - Best with Vented Glass||13.58 x 10.31 x 9.21 inches||4.78 pounds||5 quarts||Traditional|
|Nevlers 3-Piece Premium Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Tamale Steamer - Best For All Cooking Surfaces||13 x 13 x 8.5||3.25 pounds||3 quarts||Traditional|
Top 15 Best Tamale Steamer Reviews in 2023
In this part, you can catch more valuable reviews about the best tamale steamers. More than a short brief, I give you full descriptions for your consideration. Furthermore, you can read the benefits, limitations, and main features of each product. Let’s discover them right now!
1. Hamilton Beach Digital Touchpad Stackable Tamale Steamer
This tamale steamer provides a stackable two-tier steaming system, automatic warm, and digital touchpad to become a perfect choice for cooking tamales at home. Plus, Hamilton Beach is a famous brand in the kitchen tools industry, so you can trust its products.
The model comes with a water reservoir to fill additional water immediately if you receive an alert about the water level getting low. Thus, you do not worry about running out of water when steaming.
Besides, it prevents your food from tasteless and tough. The stackable two-tier design allows you to prepare many kinds of food at once.
For example, you can steam your tamales and hot dog buns at the same time. But make sure you know the best methods to steam hot dog buns because it might be a little bit different in time when steaming.
You can check your food when steaming with a clear plastic container. You also remove the divider to stack two tiers for a single big-sized steaming pot.
Furthermore, it is equipped with a digital control panel, which you can set the steaming time as your preference. Once the countdown mode is time off, a beep sound will let you know to enjoy cooked tamales.
What’s more, this appliance can automatically warm your food once you finish cooking. Plus, it has a compact size to suit any of your kitchen space and countertop.
- Come with a stackable two-tier steaming design
- The nested storage included
- Equipped with a center divider, automatic warm setting, digital touchpad, water reservoir, and countdown timer
- Supply a dishwasher-safe drip tray and rice bowl
- Offer a clear plastic container
- Provide a beep sound to alert
- Include power indicator lights
- Free of BPA
- Easy to add additional water during the steaming process
- Portable to use
- Efficient to adjust modes with the digital interface
- Can keep perfectly cooked food warm
- Simple to check the cooking progress
- Easy to store
- Effortless to cook tamales upright
- Quick to heat water up
- Easy to assemble
- The trays are relatively shallow
- The plastic construction might not be too durable as expected
- Need for lots of care when you remove the bottom piece
|Color||Silver and black|
|Dishwasher safe||Only drip tray and rice bowl are dishwasher safe|
|Warranty||A one-year limited warranty|
Stop and watch the video below at the moment to get more useful reviews related to this tamale steamer:
2. Oster Stainless Steel Dual Purpose Tamale Steamer
This tamale steamer comes with a stackable structure of a steamer and a saucepot. Thus, you can expand its height to steam batches of tamales while cooking other kinds of food on another tier at once. A divider helps you change the height easily.
You can complete the tamales in just a few minutes since it works very fast. The bottom container is large enough not to add water regularly. Besides, the product has a tempered glass lid to check your food without any hassle.
This device features a removable steamer insert. Hence, you can take your food out and let the hot pot on the stovetop until it entirely cools. You also re-steam batches of leftover tamales or reheat them then.
You can hold, lift, and move the steamer effortlessly, thanks to stainless steel handles. It is equipped with an encapsulated base, allowing for steady heat distribution.
Furthermore, it offers a perfect size to suit any of your kitchen space.
- Come with a stackable structure and a convenient divider
- Provide a large bottom container
- Equipped with a tempered glass lid, a removable steamer insert, and stainless steel handles
- The encapsulated base included
- Generate a steady heat distribution
- Supply vented holes
- Deliver a dual-purpose model
- Solid construction
- Take a little storage space
- Stylish design
- Effortless to keep your eyes on the cooking progress
- Quick to cook tamales
- Efficient to prevent overcooking
- Highly durable
- The lid fits snugly on top
- The handles could be hot when touching over time
- Cannot serve a crowd at once
- A lot of steams could escape from the position where two sections meet
|Material||Stainless steel steamer set construction, vented tempered transparent glass lid, riveted stainless steel handles, and encapsulated stainless steel base|
3. Rachael Ray Non-Stick Durable Construction Tamale Steamer
This tamale steamer is equipped with sturdy aluminum construction and a hard enamel exterior. Therefore, you can use it without worrying about durability. Besides, Rachael Ray is a well-known brand, so you can trust the product quality.
You will get a classic, stylish steamer set. This appliance tends to generate heat evenly across the steaming elements. Furthermore, you can put it in your oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Besides, it is compatible with plenty of stovetops, except for the induction cooking surface. This model comes with a non-stick saucepan interior to easily cook tamales and other kinds of food and release them without any hassle.
The product also features rubberized handles, allowing for firm grip and easy cleaning. It has a shatter-resistant glass lid to see your food inside.
- Come with a saucepot and steamer
- Equipped with a steamer basket, steamer insert, and a non-stick coating
- Oven safe up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Compatible with all the stovetops, except induction cooking surface
- Provide an easy food release mechanism
- Supply a shatter-resistant glass lid
- Deliver rustic colors and modern design
- Offer grippy rubberized handles
- Free of PFOA, lead, and cadmium
- Made in the USA
- Highly durable
- Nice size
- Effortless to clean up after use
- Compact storage
- Highly compatible
- The steamer is deep enough to work efficiently
- Fast to heat up
- Great color
- The edge of the pot seems to be very sharp so that it scrapes your hands when in use
|Color||Agave blue and cranberry red|
|Material||Aluminum pot and steamer, hard enamel exterior, polished stainless steel steamer basket, non-stick coating, stainless steel steamer basket insert, shatter-resistant glass lid, and grippy rubberized, double-riveted handles|
|Warranty||A lifetime warranty with free replacement|
4. Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Domed Vented Lid Tamale Steamer
This tamale steamer is made of high-quality stainless steel for long-lasting use. Besides, it can achieve sturdy construction. I believe that this product would not make you feel disappointed.
The steamer tends to fit snugly inside the saucepot. Plus, it is equipped with large-sized handles to lift in or out as your preference. You can cook large batches of tamales for a crowd at once, thanks to a roomy steaming space.
This device makes a sealed space to hot steam tamales efficiently. Furthermore, you can cook other kinds of food, such as seafood, meat, chicken, soup, and vegetables.
It has a polished look, thanks to the shiny exterior. Hence, you can place it anywhere in your kitchen. This appliance features a perforated basket to lift the steamed food easily.
What’s more, it is equipped with a well-designed vented lid to retain and distribute steams efficiently.
If you just cook tamales for fewer people, you can select Bayou Classic 24 Quarts Heavy-Duty Welded Handles Tamale Steamer.
Otherwise, you can use larger product lines, such as Bayou Classic 44 Quarts Tamale Steamer, Bayou Classic 62 Quarts Tamale Steamer, or Bayou Classic 82 Quarts Tamale Steamer for large cooking events.
Plus, the brand also supplies devices with over 100 quarts, including Bayou Classic 102 Quarts Tamale Steamer, Bayou Classic 122 Quarts Tamale Steamer, Bayou Classic 142 Quarts Tamale Steamer, and Bayou Classic 162 Quarts Tamale Steamer.
- Come with a domed, vented lid, steamer, and saucepot
- Offer large-sized side handles and a handle lid
- Provide a sealed space, shiny exterior, and perforated basket
- The polished look included
- Supply indentations
- Easy to use
- Robust construction
- Long-lasting use
- Effortless to lift the steamer in or out of the saucepot
- Large steaming capacity
- Efficient to make batches of hot tamales
- Easy to clean up after use
- Perfect for both boiling and frying
- Does not generate smell and mess in your kitchen
- Take too much space for storage
|Material||commercial-grade stainless steel construction, heavy-duty riveted handles, stainless steel top lid, and perforated stainless steel basket|
|Warranty||A thirty-day return policy attached with a refund|
5. Farberware Classic 3 Quarts Stainless Steel Tamale Steamer
(Best Compact Design)
This tamale steamer supplies a small-sized cooking capacity to enhance the even heating conduction and quick temperature distribution. Plus, this product is designed for compact storage and suits any of your kitchen space and or countertop.
You can use this device to cook any kind of food, such as tamales, seafood, soup, corn, and veggies. It is equipped with a polished mirror finish to create a classic touch.
It comes with stainless steel construction to achieve durability. Furthermore, the appliance has comfortable handles to hold the steamer safely. Besides, you can use the stackable design in many cases.
The product is oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. It delivers a thick aluminum core to generate consistent heating around the base. Besides, the model offers a high-quality top lid to hold moisture and keep food warm efficiently.
- Come with a self-basting stainless steel lid and steamer basket insert
- Equipped with a full cap base and a thick aluminum core
- Offer a mirror finish and comfortable handles
- The classic touch included
- Oven safe up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Generate heat evenly and quickly
- Hold moisture and keep food warm inside the steamer
- Efficient to transfer heat
- Sturdy construction
- Convenient to clean up after use
- Highly durable
- Easy to reheat some food
- Effortless for boiling water to evaporate fast
- The bottom of the steamer is solid enough to place on the stovetop for boiling water smoothly
- The handles seem to heat up over time
- Hard to serve a crowd quickly at once
|Material||Polished heavy-duty stainless steel steamer construction, mirror finish, thick aluminum core surrounded by stainless steel, and self-basting stainless steel lid|
|Warranty||A limited lifetime warranty|
Stop and click the following video at the moment to catch more helpful reviews related to this tamale steamer:
6. Oster Transparent Steaming Bowls Tamale Steamer
This tamale steamer is equipped with transparent steaming bowls to let you check the cooking progress easily. Therefore, you do not use any guesswork to get soft, perfectly cooked batches of tamales.
Besides, this device tends to retain moisture and nutrients inside the steaming container. It helps you minimize the unnecessary cooking oils while steaming. Plus, you can cook other kinds of food, such as fish, poultry, meat, and vegetables.
It also comes with a double-tiered structure to cook two types of food separately at once. Furthermore, you can use the automatic sixty-minute timer not to keep your eyes on the cooking process regularly.
The automatic shut-off function allows the appliance to switch off once the steaming cycle finishes or the container runs out of water. You also see the power indicator light to know whether your food is ready to cook or not.
It delivers a compact size to store conveniently. Plus, it suits any of your countertop and kitchen space.
- Offer a double-tiered design, transparent steaming bowls, and power indicator light
- Come with an automatic sixty-minute timer and automatic shut-off feature
- Hold moisture and nutrients inside the steamer
- Supply a 400-watt performance
- Use minimal cooking oils
- Equipped with mistake-proof controls
- Free of BPA
- Deliver a metal warming unit, small footprint, and steaming holes
- The boil-dry protection included
- Clear instructions
- Easy to clean up after use
- Effortless to use
- Efficient to create fully cooked dishes
- Simple to view the cooking progress
- Effortless to assemble if needed
- Do not suit baby food
- This tamale steamer could be leaky a little bit when the container accommodates too much water
|Material||Metal warming unit, transparent plastic BPA-free steaming bowls, and cool-touch side handles|
|Warranty||A two-year limited warranty with free replacement or repair|
Please see the video below at the moment to get more valuable reviews related to this tamale steamer:
7. IMUSA Durable Aluminum Multi-Purpose Tamale Steamer
This tamale steamer allows you to cook any kind of food, such as tamales, corn, seafood, mussels, soup, stews, beans, lentils, pasta, sauces, and stocks for your toothsome dinner treats. This appliance provides an optimal steaming mechanism, thanks to an aluminum lid.
It is equipped with a removable steamer insert for versatile cooking. Besides, this device comes with a shallow steamer tray to steam seafood and plenty of steamed cuisines.
The product has a durable, thick aluminum coating, allowing for long-lasting use. Plus, it features double-sided handles to hold or lift it conveniently. Furthermore, you can create batches of tamales efficiently, thanks to a stable heating ability.
Besides, this appliance comes with both large and small ventilation holes to enhance the steaming performance.
Furthermore, IMUSA also offers two larger-sized product lines, such as IMUSA USA 20 Quarts Metal Lid Tamale Steamer and IMUSA USA 32 Quarts Heavy-Duty Purposes Aluminum Tamale Steamer.
Therefore, you will get more options if you often cook a large number of tamales for your family members or serve some guests.
- Deliver a removable steamer insert rack and both large and small ventilation holes
- Come with a shallow steamer tray and durable, thick aluminum coating
- Include double-sided handles and top lid with handle
- Generate a stable heating ability
- Offer silver interior and exterior
- Supply a coordinating lid
- The heavy-duty use included
- Deliver a water level indicator
- Made in the USA
- Compatible with plenty of different cooking surface, such as glass, electric, and ceramic stovetops
- Large steaming capacity
- Effortless to clean up after use
- Simple to use
- Efficient to maintain a steady temperature when in use
- Possible to heat up fast and evenly
- The bottom base seems to be warped over time
- Could shake a little bit when steaming
|Material||Matching aluminum lid with riveted handle, natural finish, double-riveted metal handles, silver interior and exterior, heavy-duty, aluminum pot, and durable, thick aluminum coating|
|Warranty||A ninety-day limited warranty|
8. ARC Removable Convenient Dividers Tamale Steamer
(Best with Dividers)
This tamale steamer is equipped with a convenient removable divider for different items and versatile cooking options. I believe that this product would make you satisfied.
The device comes with the main steamer that tends to handle 24 quarts at once. You also steam any kind of food, such as batches of tamales, seafood, meat, fish, and vegetables.
The steamer insert rack allows for holding all the food. Plus, the rack comes with plenty of large and small ventilation holes, resulting in an efficient boiling and steaming process.
This appliance features a unique spout where you can refill extra water if the amount of water inside the steamer gets too low.
The top lid tends to keep nutrients and moisture in the container. Besides, it also retains the heat longer to keep cooked food warm.
Besides, you can serve lots of people at the same time with bigger tamale steamers, such as ARC 40 Quarts Stainless Steel Vaporera Divider Tamale Steamer and ARC 52 Quarts Heavy-Duty Purposes Tamale Steamer.
You can use them easily to cook delicious tamales in just a few minutes.
- Deliver a steaming pot, built-in lid, removable steamer insert rack, and convenient removable divider
- Come with a unique spout and plenty of ventilation holes
- Support the boiling and steaming process
- Hold the nutrients and moisture
- Maintain the heat to keep food warm after cooking
- Made of commercial-grade materials
- Offer side loop handles and a top lid handle
- Easy to use
- Efficient to hold a large number of hot tamales at once
- Robust construction
- Perfect for heavy-duty purposes
- Ideal for outdoor cooking activities
- The sheen of the steamer finish could decrease over time
|Brand||ARC Advanced Royal|
|Material||Food-grade, heavy-duty stainless steel steamer pot, and coating|
9. Chef’s Star 3-Piece Vented Glass Lid Tamale Steamer
(Best with Vented Glass)
This tamale steamer delivers a glass lid equipped with a small ventilation hole. Thus, you can view the cooking process effortlessly while the appliance tends to distribute heat and steam efficiently through the vented hole.
The product offers a premium quality mirror finish, allowing for an attractive design to suit any of your kitchen space. Besides, this model comes with a rolled pot rim design to minimize dripping when pouring.
Furthermore, the tight-fitting lid can keep moisture and nutrients without any hassle. Plus, you can put it in the oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This steamer offers a solid base that heats up evenly, resulting in the right steaming batches of tamales.
Besides, you can stack saucepots to expand the design if needed. Hence, you will steam different types of food at the same time. You also use thermostatic handles to grip firmly and handle the product safely.
- Perfect for daily cooking and professional use
- Come with a stackable design
- Equipped with a vented glass lid, thermostatic handles, non-slip feature, and mirror glass finish
- Block moisture and nutrients inside the steamer
- Appropriate for oven up to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Efficient to use for low to medium heat boiling
- Offer a sturdy base and rolled pot rim design
- Provide an even heat distribution
- Corrosion and discoloration resistance
- Efficient to resist dripping when in use
- Beautiful appearance
- Easy to clean up after use
- Understandable instructions
- Create healthy dishes
- Efficient to prevents your fingers from getting hot with the cool-touch handles
- Perfect for a small-sized family meal
- Long-lasting use
- Require special care to maintain this tamale steamer
- The saucepot seems to be too thin
|Material||Aluminum core base, vented glass self-basting domed lid, thermostatic side handles, high-quality, heavy-duty 18/10 stainless steel polished to a mirror glass finish, 304-grade steel with chromium, and high in nickel|
|Dishwasher safe||Saucepan and steamer are dishwasher safe|
|Warranty||A lifetime warranty|
(Best For All Cooking Surfaces)
This tamale steamer is equipped with a built-in lid and steamer rack to hold the heat inside efficiently. Besides, it enhances the even heat distribution when in use. The product also ensures fast boiling and cooking speed while keeping moisture easily.
This appliance comes with s stainless steel construction for long-lasting use. Plus, it suits heavy-duty purposes to withstand the long steaming and cooking time. Besides, it has a removable steamer insert for versatile cooking options.
It features two grippy welded side handles to touch and lift without any hassle. Besides, it delivers a stylish, sleek design to suit any style of your kitchen space. You also create different types of food, such as tamales, seafood, meat, soup, and vegetables.
You can get delicious, soft, and tasty dishes, thanks to both large and small vented holes.
What’s more, if you want to cook tamales for a crowd in an outdoor cooking event, you can use GasOne Satin Finish Stainless Steel 40 Quarts Tamale Steamer. Plus, you also use GasOne Good Heat Conduction 24 Quarts Tamale Steamer for a smaller size.
Hence, you can choose any size to meet your needs.
- Provide good heat conduction and a sleek, classic look
- Suit heavy-duty purposes
- Made of commercial-grade materials
- Does not generate marks and scuffing
- Free of stain and rust when in use
- Equipped with a lid, steamer rack, and side handles
- Keep moisture inside the steamer
- Make the fast boiling and cooking speed
- Supply a removable steamer insert
- Deliver both large and small vented holes
- Corrosion resistance
- Large cooking capacity
- Effortless to use
- Long-lasting use
- Possible to maintain an even heating mechanism
- Thickness construction
- Compact storage
- Tough enough to resist high temperatures for a long time while steaming
- Comfortable to grip handles
- Easy to maintain
- Easy to create a shiny finish during use
- Efficient to avoid scorching fiber during use
- Relatively heavyweight
- Quite hard to be stable if using this tamale steamer on a flat-topped surface
|Material||Commercial-grade materials, heavy-duty, thick stainless steel steamer construction, satin stainless steel finish, domed lid with riveted handle, and welded, ergonomic side handles|
|Dishwasher safe||Not specified|
What Are The Best Tamale Steamers Brands?
This section gives you some well-known manufacturers specializing in convenient kitchen cookware for home-cooking style. You can catch useful details about their aims, business operation, and development. Do not pull down without reading the following information.
The Group is the top distributor of small-sized kitchen devices. It provides over 34 million cooking appliances each year for homemakers. Plus, it tends to focus on some targeted markets, such as the USA, Mexico, and Canada.
It has developed the Good Thinking approach in all the home kitchens. Besides, it comes with high-quality devices, a diversity of cooking options, premium customer service, and brand name strength.
It has launched the tamale steamer equipped with a removable center divider, automatic warm setting, countdown timer, hand-washed food containers, and drip tray. Besides, the product features nested storage, high versatility, and a stackable design.
Oster has been one of the most well-known brands of small cooking appliances in America for decades. It has developed a wide range of product lines, including blenders and juicers, toaster, ovens, and other kitchenware.
It targets to develop a lot of premium quality devices with the main features: ease of use, convenient design, high-quality, and affordability. Overall, Oster products ensure the best performance to make your kitchen tasks much easier.
Rachael Ray is well-loved by its classic cookware and bakeware. It aims to provide plenty of products that distribute heat evenly, come with a naturally non-stick surface, and sturdy construction.
It has manufactured devices that do not change the color, flavor, and nutrients during the cooking process. Plus, you can trust its models since they are free of PTFE, PFOA, and other toxic chemicals.
Helpful Guide To Select A Suitable Tamale Steamer
This part lists several valuable tips related to the best tamale steamers so that you can collect more knowledge before deciding. Besides, you can be closer to the final selection. Do not miss any information below to pick an appropriate product.
It is effortless to understand why this factor should be the most critical feature. You have to check how many people you often serve for daily meals. Cooking tamales takes time so you should buy a model that comes with a large-sized steaming capacity.
By contrast, if you usually cook batches of tamales for a single person, a couple, or a few family members, you can consider buying a small appliance for compact storage.
Generally, most tamales steamers can accommodate from three to over thirty quarts. You also pay attention to the stackable design of your steamer.
If your device tends to stack to create the right height, it helps reduce the storage space. In this case, you can steam batches of tamales while positioned upright.
Types Of Tamale Steamers
You also consider types of tamale steamers before deciding which one is suitable for your needs the most.
For traditional product lines, you do not worry about their durability since they are made of high-quality metal, such as aluminum and stainless steel. Some devices are made of granite.
Besides, this type generally comes in any size to cook a large number of tamales at a time in minutes.
Otherwise, you can select convenient electric steamers to save your cooking time. This type starts quickly and works very fast compared to the traditional one.
You can find lots of smart features programmed in electric products, such as automatic shut-off, countdown timer, warming modes, LED display, power indicator light, and water level controls panel.
In general, the construction of tamale steamers is made from aluminum and stainless steel. Besides, several parts are usually made of plastic, porcelain, glass, hard enamel, rubber, carbon steel, chromium, and nickel.
Aluminum tamale steamers typically heat up fast and distribute heat evenly. However, it is hard for these appliances to retain heat long when not in use. Plus, this material is easy to clean, hard-wearing, and lightweight.
Otherwise, stainless steel steamers are much more durable. Plus, they also provide a beautiful, stylish finish. Besides, this material type tends to conduct the heat quickly and provide reliable performance during use.
Furthermore, the steamer insert generally comes with an enameled exterior to protect the steel core. The steel steamers are usually heavyweight.
The lids of tamale steamers generally come with a flat or domed shape. You should pay attention to the size and durability of handles. If the handles are large and highly durable, you can lift and adjust the lid effortlessly without worrying about getting hot.
Besides, your lid should fit the steamer rim snugly to block the steam out too much when in use. You also select a built-in lid equipped with a ventilation hole to prevent air pressure from building up during the steaming process.
Plus, if your lid is not tight enough, the steamer could lose the moisture and flavor of food. The lid should also be heavyweight enough to maintain the heat efficiently inside the device.
Furthermore, the lids are generally made of tempered glass, aluminum, or stainless steel. For a clear glass lid, you can view your batches of tamales inside the stammer without any hassle.
Otherwise, stainless steel and aluminum lids tend to retain the heat easily and create a sealed space to keep your batches of tamales warm after steaming.
You also need to consider this factor before buying a tamale steamer. You should select side handles to lift, handle, and move the steamer without any hassle. Plus, the handles need to be sufficiently large and highly durable to control heavy tamale steamers.
You can consider choosing large-sized, heat-resistant handles instead of flimsy ones that get relatively hot for your hands. Besides, these handles should be solid and welded or riveted on.
Furthermore, some electric steamers can come with ergonomic handles to fit most hands and provide a firm grip during the cooking progress.
You should select high-quality steamer racks that tend to sit stably inside your saucepot. Besides, these racks should be effortless to remove for efficient cleaning.
The steamer rack is generally formed as a removable steamer insert, basket, or rack with plenty of both large and small holes. Hence, the steam can get in the steamer through such holes easily while cooking.
Besides, this part prevents the batches of tamales from getting soaked in the water.
Most tamale steamers on the market come with warranty policies. Manufactures mostly set different warranties, such as one year, two years, limited lifetime, and evenly three months or less.
You should select a tamale steamer attached with clear warranty information, especially return and free replacement details.
Ease Of Cleaning
You can choose a tamale steamer equipped with removable parts for easy cleaning. You simply remove electric elements, then put non-electric parts in your dishwasher.
Otherwise, you also wash this product line with a damp cloth, let it dry, and use it for the next cooking session.
How To Use A Tamale Steamer?
Cooking batches of tamales tends to take much time and effort. Hence, you should update how to use the tamale steamer correctly to do such a job without any hassle. Please read the general tips below to catch more knowledge.
Besides, you need to collect plenty of information through the user manual of your device because each product can require some specific directions. Do not skip this part, not to miss any step to make tamales tasty.
- Fill about one inch of water into the saucepot and put a steamer basket inside of the pot. Ensure that the amount of added water should be short appropriately on the steamer basket surface. If not, please dump excess water out;
- Pile your tamales upright in the basket with the folded ends of each tamale sitting on the basket bottom while the open ends tend to be facing up. Ensure that your tamales cannot fall over in the steamer basket;
- Boil the water, then turn down the heat from high to medium once the water begins boiling at the basket bottom. Check whether the water is boiling or not by the steam going out from the top;
- Refill water if needed and simmer your batches of tamales. Steam tamales until the dough tend to separate from their husk;
- Peel the husk and check inside of the tamales before serving.
How To Clean A Tamale Steamer?
Some parts of the tamale steamers are compatible with the dishwasher. Therefore, you can assemble them before putting them in the dishwasher for quick cleaning.
For electric tamale steamers, you have to remove the bottom equipped with an LED display and other electric elements first before washing the appliance by hand or dishwasher.
Otherwise, you should wash your tamale steamers by hand. You can read the following steps to get more tips about how to clean the tamale steamer correctly.
- Clean mineral build-up: pour water and add vinegar into the steamer pot with equal proportions for each type. Ensure that the amount of liquid does not exceed the maximum line;
- Boil the water and let it entirely cold. Then, you swipe the scale with a damp, soft wipe. You do not apply hard steel wire to do such a job to prevent damaging the steamer surface;
- Wipe the outer surface of the power base off with a damp towel. You should not wash it with water directly to prevent the risks of malfunction and leakage.
This part lists some questions and answers about the tamale steamers that you should consider. Besides, you can get full of valuable knowledge before deciding which device that you like the most. Please do not skip this section.
My Top Pick
This is the last section of my article. I am ready to hear which tamale steamer you want to buy the most among all the introduced products. If you are confused, let me know with no hesitation.
To sum up, I choose Hamilton Beach Digital Touchpad Stackable Tamale Steamer because it comes with nested storage, a removable center divider, automatic warm mode, a countdown timer, and a stackable design. Plus, it is highly versatile, affordable, and easy to operate.
If your budget is tight and you need a suitable steamer, opt for the Oster Stainless Steel Dual Purpose Tamale Steamer as they are low in cost yet have high durability.
How about you? I believe that you have your final purchase decision. Please tell me your choice right now by dropping a comment below.
Do not forget to like, react, and share my article with your family members, friends, and colleagues to spread this product line to everyone who loves cooking and experiencing the batches of tasty tamales every day.
Without hesitation, let’s get it at the moment!
Table of Contents
- What Is A Tamale Steamer?
- Types Of Tamale Steamers
- Which Are The Best Tamale Steamers To Buy?
- Tamale Steamer Comparison Table
- Top 15 Best Tamale Steamer Reviews in 2023
- 1. Hamilton Beach Digital Touchpad Stackable Tamale Steamer
- 2. Oster Stainless Steel Dual Purpose Tamale Steamer
- 3. Rachael Ray Non-Stick Durable Construction Tamale Steamer
- 4. Bayou Classic Stainless Steel Domed Vented Lid Tamale Steamer
- 5. Farberware Classic 3 Quarts Stainless Steel Tamale Steamer
- 6. Oster Transparent Steaming Bowls Tamale Steamer
- 7. IMUSA Durable Aluminum Multi-Purpose Tamale Steamer
- 8. ARC Removable Convenient Dividers Tamale Steamer
- 9. Chef’s Star 3-Piece Vented Glass Lid Tamale Steamer
- 10. Nevlers 3-Piece Premium Heavy-Duty Stainless Steel Tamale Steamer
- What Are The Best Tamale Steamers Brands?
- Helpful Guide To Select A Suitable Tamale Steamer
- How To Use A Tamale Steamer?
- How To Clean A Tamale Steamer?
- My Top Pick
Leave a Reply