Shucking new oysters is much easier and safer by using the best oyster knives. Of course, you need great oyster shuckers and stable hand protection tools to tackle even the hardest task.
Next, you need to know more about the oysters and the knife styles that are typically used to open the shells. In fact, many people claim they can use their top-notch paring knife for this purpose.
Technically, it is not wrong. But it would be better to use a specialized tool that is mainly designed for this specific job – shucking oysters. So with the information in this post, you will find out which physical character or design construction of oyster knives is right for you.
Popular Types Of Oyster
Oyster – a heavenly-sent food starting with the letter O, is everyone’s favorite food, including me. But when picking the best oyster knives, it’s helpful to know a little bit about the type of oysters you’re most likely to shuck regularly.
Atlantic Oyster (Crassostrea virginica): It is the largest oyster variety harvested in the US. They were abundant along the East Coast and are repopulated currently. These oysters taste sweeter, but they are quite hard to open.
- Top 13 Best Salad Spinners On The Market 2023
- Top 11 Best Pizza Stone Reviews 2023
- Top 12 Best Egg Slicers To Buy in 2023
- Top 10 Best Electric Lunch Box Reviews For Pleasant Meals 2023
- Top 13 Best Kitchen Tongs On The Market 2023
- Top 12 Best Molcajetes On The Market 2023
- Top 14 Best Kitchen Timers To Buy in 2023
- Top 10 Best Lemon Squeezers Reviews in 2023
Pacific Oyster (Crassostrea gigas): Introduced from Japanese commercial farming as large and fast-rising oysters, Pacific oysters are quite easy to open and have a nice taste and texture.
Olympia Oysters (Strea luridia / Ostrea conchaphila): Small oysters that have been endemic to the US West Coast and are now farmed on a limited scale in the Pacific Northwest. They are smooth in texture and have a stronger flavor.
Kumamoto Oyster (Crassostrea sikamea): Deep-cup with sweet and mild taste originating from Japan; they are now cultivated along the US East Coast. Often called the ‘Chardonnay of the Oysters,’ the Kumamoto is just marginally bigger than the Olympia.
European Flat Oyster (Ostrea edulis): Appear for commercial farming on the eastern US and northern Pacific coasts. This tiny oyster has a sweet flavor and is easier to shuck than the Atlantic oyster.
Before you take the best oyster knife, do a tour to see which oyster knife is the most practical.
I prefer oyster knives with narrower middles, short blades, and hooked tips, which do an exceptional job of opening the shell while keeping the liquid inside.
What Is An Oyster Knife?
The oyster knife is used to remove meat from the oyster shell. It comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. To decide on the right one, you have to look at the hard guards’ layout, the blade handle, and the tip style.
The Oyster Knife Types
Below are some of the major oyster knives available and the oysters better suited to them. They all have similar knife parts and usages but different appearances or sizes.
This style features the 2¾” straight blade in a round upturned tip. It is well-adapted to the standard hinge form of opening. The New Haven opens from small to medium Atlantic and Pacific oysters, particularly half-shell oysters.
These can also shuck Olympia and Kumamoto but are quite difficult to put into the hinge.
This style usually comes with a strong, broad 4″ blade with moderately sharp edges. The Galveston knives are mostly commercial-used, particularly for larger oysters like medium or large European and large Atlantic oysters.
The style of Providence also has a short, broad blade with a simple, pointed edge. This oyster knife recommends shucking small and medium-sized small Pacific, Olympia, and small Atlantic oysters using a hinge method.
A common oyster knife with a narrow, long blade usually 3″ to 4″ and a pear-shaped handle makes it easy to carry. The Boston tool can get all of the techniques, including larger Pacific and Atlantic oysters or any other oyster sizes.
Overall, the best oyster knives can simply tackle the hardest oyster shells. Choosing the wrong one might ruin your food and you might get hurt when using it.
Which Are The Best Oyster Knives To Buy?
Indeed, not every knife is designed to shuck oysters. The usage of utility knives might not be fit for doing this job. Therefore, as an experienced oyster eater, you need to have at least one high-quality oyster knife.
Regarding ideal products, you should not miss DEXTER, HICOUP, and VICTORINOX since their knives are diverse in shapes and sizes.
If you are planning to give an oyster knife collection to your beloved people as a gift, check OXO, ARCHER, and TANG SONG products. They are all famous for their charming design and portability.
Below are some items with highlighted features that you should know.
- Best Overall: HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Fit with a short, stiff blade that effectively opens the oyster shells and severs the muscle hinge, easy to enjoy the plump, juicy oyster inside.”
- Best Budget: OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Robust stainless steel blade, the bent tip making it quick to open oyster shells. Soft, secure handles don’t budge in your palm.”
- Best New Haven Style: VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Strong and durable blade; get the slightly hooked tip in and remove the stubborn shell with ease. The knife is thin enough to be helpful for shucking side-entry methods.”
- Best Handle: DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Pop up the quality cutlery. New Haven style with slippery textured, easy-to-clean polypropylene handle endures both high and low levels.”
- Best with Finger Guard: SWISSMAR Boston Style Oyster Knife
“Ergo-dynamic double-axis pistol grip with finger guard; the 135-degree angle holds the forearm in contact with the blade for full power transfer.”
- Best Comfortable Grip: TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Each kit has 8 pieces with a price of one knife, it is easy and comfortable to grip while you use; safe, healthy, eco-friendly, and robust to use.”
- Best Providence Style: UJ RAMELSON Providence Style Oyster Knife
“The Duxbury knife with a commercial grade 13 gauge blade with a rugged “Murphy Green” polypropylene plastic handle; it has quickly become the world’s top seller.”
- Best Sharp Edges: TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Shaped with sharp edges on both knife sides, shuck thousands of steamed and raw oysters but never misses a beat. It’s a must-have cooking tool; ergonomic model.”
- Best for Large Oysters: ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife
“Professional level 5 food-grade cut resistance gloves with 3.5″ stainless steel knife. It’s an ideal package for shucking large oysters by Rockland Guard.”
- Best With Accessories: WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Gloves made with the highest degree of resistance material. The thick knife blade is sharp just where it wants to be. Get it great for an inexperienced shucker.”
- Best for Professional: MELOCEAN Galveston Style Oyster Knife
“Crafted to easily and accurately shuck shells, this oyster shucking collection by Melocean is the favored alternative among seafood connoisseurs who settle for the finest.”
- Best Stainless Steel: JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
“The thick and strengthened stainless steel blade has an ideal width and rigidity. It can accommodate small and large oysters, slipping between shells to open quickly.”
Oyster Knife Comparison Table 2023
If you are short in time, this below table will provide you with brief yet comprehensive information regarding these 12 greatest knives for opening oysters.
|Best Oyster Knives||Dimensions||Item Weight||Knife Style||Warranty|
|HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Overall||6.5 x 2.5 x 0.6 inches||0.02 Pounds||Providence||100% money-back guarantee|
|OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Budget||6.75 x 1.38 x 1 inches||0.02 Pounds||Providence||Limited lifetime|
|VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best New Haven Style||6.75 x 1.5 x 0.75 inches||2.4 ounces||New Haven||Limited lifetime/ 100% money-back|
|DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best Handle||9.5 x 2 x 0.55 inches||2.72 ounces||New Haven||Limited lifetime|
|SWISSMAR Boston Style Oyster Knife - Best with Finger Guard||8 x 2.5 x 1 inches||2.4 ounces||Boston||One year/ 100% money-back|
|TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best Comfortable Grip||7.09 x 5.31 x 1.77 inches||14.9 ounces||New Haven||Limited lifetime|
|UJ RAMELSON Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Providence Style||6.3 x 1.34 x 0.87 inches||2.08 ounces||Providence||Limited lifetime|
|TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best Sharp Edges||8.9 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches||5.6 ounces||Galveston||Limited lifetime|
|ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife - Best for Large Oysters||9.21 x 6.22 x 0.98 inches||5.9 ounces||Boston||Limited lifetime|
|WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best With Accessories||11 x 7.9 x 1 inches||5.6 ounces||Providence||100% money-back|
|MELOCEAN Galveston Style Oyster Knife - Best for Professional||6.3 x 0.59 x 0.79 inches||8.8 ounces||Galveston||Limited lifetime|
|JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Stainless Steel||8.3 x 7.1 x 0.8 inches||7.2 ounces||Providence||Three months free-replacement|
|DALSTRONG Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best for Restaurants||12 x 3 x 2 inches||15.8 ounces||Providence||Limited lifetime|
Top 12 Best Oyster Knife Reviews in 2023
The best oyster knives have been built to guide you to shuck fresh oysters easily and properly at home or anywhere! Oyster knives come in a range of types, so here are my ideas to help you choose the one that suits you well.
1. HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife
With this tool, your concerns about whether using carbon steel cookware is safe or not will be gone. Constructed with high-quality carbon steel, this handcrafted oyster knife features a blade with a “full tang” mirror finish holding three solid rivets compressed with a delicate handle.
You soon realize the importance of handle design in this HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife. The pakka wood handle fits perfectly into your palm and provides a skid-free grip that helps you open your oysters securely even in a wet environment.
The knife is lightweight and flexible with a basic build that you can open oysters easily even if you are new to it.
- Durable with 6-1/2 inches of tip-to-tip and a 2-1/2 inch blade
- An oversized hand guard protects the hands from slipping the knife
- Perfectly-designed structure and rigidity that fits with all sorts of oysters
- The thick, high-carbon steel blade is rigid and width to slide between the shells
- The pointed tip and ergonomic handle help you open oyster easier
- Lightweight to handle small oysters but robust to tackle big oysters
- A single-function device with details, wonderful style, and craftsmanship
- An impact as gifts for corporate affairs, weddings, or donor appreciation events
- The hilt is snagged as it is removed from the sheath
|Blade Material||Mirror finish forged stainless steel/ Reinforced high carbon|
|Handle Material||Pakka wood|
2. OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
You can do real testing with this OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife; the bent tip of this oyster knife flashes through several oyster shells in a couple of minutes.
It even performed well with harder oyster shells, supported by a nonslip grip, even with sweaty hands. I must highlight that the stainless steel blade is very robust.
While this OXO Good Grips oyster knife is simple to handle, I wished it had a handguard. Bonus points for its dishwasher-safe convenience that will not break or fade in the washer.
- The blade is made of stainless steel so it is very robust
- The bent tip makes it easier to pry open oysters
- The edge is built to dig tiny hinges of the shells
- Quick grinding back and forth to unlock oysters inevitably
- It’s safe for the dishwasher
- The soft, easy handle is not going to slip in wet
- Support the right strength to shake within a minute
- Penetrate the hinge of the oyster, not fold when turning
- Lack of handguard
- The blade may be quite short for someone
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Nonslip poly|
Let’s Oxo show you the right way to tackle even the most stubborn oyster in town with this powerful black handle knife.
3. VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife
(Best New Haven Style)
Customer expectations and technologies have evolved over the years. And the VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife has been created by adapting to these needs.
The straight blade does a decent job of separating the flesh from the shell’s smooth side. Made from the best quality Swiss and Victorinox materials, this tool is sturdy and durable.
In the handle, the forward bulge works as a stabilizing thumb rest, while the narrow body behind it strengthens the rest of the fingers with a strong grip. For strong protection at the base of the palm, the rear of the handle is bulging again.
The good news for you is that you are now providing other generous variations from Victorinox; apart from New Haven, you can also find Galveston style with long edges or Providence design with robust structure.
- Made in Switzerland
- A sturdy handle, the steel polished to a mirror-like consistency
- The short blade has dull edges, a slightly convex underside, and a flat top side
- The tip design makes excellent control; move high away from the tender meat
- The thinner blade is good at penetrating the hinge
- Easy to use with perfect ergonomic design
- The most popular pocket knife and multi-tool brand in the world
- Best to open small and medium-sized oysters for half shell serving
- Minor rusts appear after a few dishwasher cleaning, however quickly washed
|Color||Red & Silver|
|Blade Material||High carbon steel|
|Handle Material||Super grip plastic|
4. DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife
If you’d like to have fresh oysters, you need a decent oyster knife. Among many knives available out there, the DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife is an excellent one.
The Sani-Safe handle is perfect for experienced cooks who just want to keep everything in the kitchen tidy. The secure-grip polypropylene handle endures high and low temperatures.
Even the toughest oyster will lose the game. The tip of the stainless steel blade has a gentle curve to help open the tough shellfish. You now have a precision ground for durability and superb commercial purpose.
- The safe grip handle with a finger shield
- The handle-to-blade seal ensures optimum sanitary efficiency
- Blades are made from DEXSTEELTM patented high-carbon stainless steel
- The curved tip is important for separating and identifying the oyster hinge
- Made in the USA, the knife is NSF certified
- The curved tip, hand-honed with an ultimate edge
- Dishwasher safe takes any abuse throwing at it
- Sharp enough to cut the oyster muscle, not hand harming
- The blade is not long enough for the real large oysters
|Blade Material||High carbon/ DEXSTEEL™ stain-free high alloy|
|Handle Material||Soft rubber/ Polypropylene|
5. SWISSMAR Boston Style Oyster Knife
(Best with Finger Guard)
The Shucker Paddy Oyster knife offers an all-in-one universal solution for functionality, protection, and ease of use in “Oyster Shucking” thanks to the innovative ergo-dynamic Dual Axis Pistol Grip feature.
The handle works just like a revolver grip in your palm; the three-inch, curved, stainless blade is where the “barrel” of the pistol will be. More than that, it is sharpened at the top or bottom for efficient use on all sorts of oysters.
If you’re using traditional oyster shuckers, you know there’s just one axis down the blade. The dual-axis of this product gives you much more power and leverage, enabling shucking oysters faster!
- Ambidextrous, suitable for both left or right-handed
- Dual-axis, one down the blade and one down the grip length
- Fit ergonomically in hand for optimum support and a strong grip
- The angle of 135 degrees holds the forearm aligned with the blade
- Nonslip injection molded PP handle offers the highest degree of sanitary
- Safe with the dishwasher
- Ergonomic finger guard handle
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- The blade is the optimal sharpness for all sorts of oysters
- When the tip gets through, no friction to slow the blade down
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
Check out to see what is missing within this Swissmar oyster knife. Take your time; the secrets are showing up!
6. TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife
(Best Safe Grip)
The best thing about this TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife is that you get eight pieces of oyster knives at the price of one.
Moreover, they come with a sturdy, non-sharp blade to remove the shell and a strong non-slippery handle to give you a safe grip when you use it.
You can tackle all sorts of shell animals such as clams and water mussels, thanks to its comfortable grip.
- Non-slippery, the wooden handle fits comfortably in hand
- Total length is 6.2 inches, with the knife long up to 2.9 inches
- The blade is corrosion and rust-resistant; slip softly through shells
- Smooth wooden handle; material made of high-quality stainless steel
- Multipurpose, handy for big parties
- Robust, great of high quality and packaged well
- It is comfortable and convenient to grip; sturdy to shuck
- Perfect for opening scallops, shell, oysters, clams, and shellfish
- Not apply for the dishwasher
- It’s not suitable for tough oysters
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Smooth wooden|
7. UJ RAMELSON Providence Style Oyster Knife
(Best Providence Style)
This is my favorite tool to bring along for my oyster-hunter trip and for preparing many appetizer dishes in the summer. Guess what? This UJ RAMELSON oyster knife has been designed by oystermen from Island Creek Oysters, and it’s done the job incredibly.
With this equipment, you will own a completely ground, hardened, and polished 420HC high carbon steel tool, which is sharp and pointy. However, it is quite tough so you need little power to open the hinge between the shells.
For this oyster knife, you will own completely ground, hardened, and polished 420HC high carbon steel, sharp and pointy but tough, needs little power to ease at the hinge between the shells.
This knife has a short 2 1/8 inch blade, so the longer blades can bend or break as the pressure is applied. These advantages make this knife preferred and enjoyable for all-day oyster shucking activities. Keep shucking oyster fun and not frustrating.
- The knife goes through the oyster hinges very quickly
- Pack a rugged-shaped “Murphy Green” polypropylene plastic handle
- The blade tip is pointed, suitable for prying shells and working into the hinge
- The blade does not bend, possibly to work along with hinges without chipping
- High quality, American made hand tools made in the USA
- Real lightweight and comfortably balanced in the palm
- The shucking blade is stainless steel, not a sharp cutting point
- A simple wrist twist, a short cut in the abductor’s muscle to shell off
- Only hand wash and dry knives but not the dishwasher
|Blade Material||Commercial grade stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Polypropylene plastic|
8. TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife
(Best Sharp Edges)
You are now no longer looking for the professional tool to open a thicker shelled oyster like those found on the Gulf Coast. The blade construction features a thicker blade than traditional oyster knives with less bend for increased shucking ability and high leverage.
This TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife owns a knife handle made from recycled plastic, 100% post-consumer.
The qualified oyster knife precisely and comfortably integrates all sharp-edge knife elements with a new look at ergonomics.
- The multipurpose bent-tip blade design has a flawless pivot
- The thumbprint grip handle is ideally weighted, eliminating hand slippage
- Made of stainless steel; high quality, stain-free, and resistant to corrosion
- Built for commercial, professional kitchen, and the accomplished shucker
- Pair with Cut-proof Cloth for the ultimate shucking setup
- Thicker blade structure and less bend than the signature knife
- Holding flush the most with the top shell prevents wasting oysters
- Part of the sale income go directly to projects for habitat restoration
- Quite difficult to turn while popping the oysters
|Blade Material||Stainless steel/ High carbon stain-free steel|
|Handle Material||100% recycled plastic|
Check this clip for more information about this Toadfish knife.
9. ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife
(Best for Large Oysters)
Designed with level 5 EN388 cut resistance, your ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife provides the highest cut resistance material on the market.
It’s easy to shuck a bunch of large oysters. The soft handle is formed to nestle securely in your palm. What’s better, the handle will not slip, thanks to the stainless-steel blade with its bent edge penetrates and shucks the hardest shells.
Overall, a stylish and streamlined style would make this product a must-have in every home!
- Four available sizes that provide a snug fit for all
- The right width and rigidity to slide between the oyster shells
- A 3.5-inch stainless oyster knife with an easy-grip nonslip handle
- Using 420 stainless steel; the thick, high-carbon blade is reinforced
- Built to crack through even the toughest oyster
- Lightweight and convenient safety without the bulk
- Keep the gloves clean, food-safe, and machine washable
- Perfect for oyster shucking, preparing food, cutting, grating, and slicing
- Take some time to get acquainted with large shells
|Blade Material||420 Stainless steel/ Thick reinforced high carbon|
|Handle Material||Nonslip poly|
10. WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife
(Best for Beginners)
This oyster-beginning knife designs with a black plastic handle, soft and easy to grip, will not move in your palm. Plus, they are made from the great quality 3CR13 stainless steel and properly sharpened, making them a perfect tool to open oysters.
Additionally, Wendom is offering the Lemon Squeezer as an additional present to you. All in one set for parties, picnics, BBQ, dinner, working, travel, and so on.
In short, you can quickly and efficiently open any shell of seafood with the WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife.
- It has a rough edge; can be cleaned in the dishwasher
- Gloves are a great complement to the hand holding oyster
- The yellow rubber cover adds better traction to open the shell
- The knife tip is mostly dull, no risk of cutting the oyster or yourself
- The knife at the oyster roast for the first time
- Separate top shells by running a knife along the edges
- Helping to keep you safe and to control the shell more
- Replacement or full refund is guaranteed with 100% money-back support
- The average size gloves are might not fit the big hands
- The blade is rather wide that you can’t quickly get a decent leverage
|Blade Material||3CR13 Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Nonslip plastic|
11. MELOCEAN Galveston Style Oyster Knife
(Best for Professional)
Forged from 3cr13 high-quality stainless steel & properly sharpened, this item can effectively open any form of seafood shell. It’s the oyster-shucking knife that is favored by the experts.
The 2.5-inch blade is high quality German stainless steel and mounted to the knife, allowing a soft, smooth precision shell opening but still preventing chipping.
This oyster shucking tool’s handle gives the durability you can rely on, but it is also crafted out of wood and reinforced with rivets. Enhanced to provide additional gripping strength, the shucking knife utensils allow super secure oysters to prepare at home.
- Built of sturdy wood and polished to avoid sliding
- Each 6.3-inch full-tang oyster knife fits palm tightly
- Bend-proof, rust-proof blade offering true toughness
- Handles carved from sturdy French wood; nonslip gripping
- Set in a lovely wooden box, pack of two knives
- An elegant gift concept for dinner party guests & hosts
- Make a nice gift choice at holidays, birthdays, gatherings
- Contain a PDF book and a detailed oyster shucking knife brochure
- A high degree of comfort; guarantee a secure shucking experience
- Fit better with the small and medium-size oysters
|Blade Material||3cr13 Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Double-riveted nonslip wooden|
12. JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
(Best Stainless Steel)
This JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife gives you a non-sliding grip, helping you open oysters and clams easily even though your hand is wet.
Also, an oyster gloves package will cover your palm in case it slips while shucking. This oyster shucker knife stays true to ergonomics and is crafted primarily for left or right-handed users.
Now you have a perfect gift for long-time oyster customers, chefs, fishers, and anyone who enjoys BBQ. They will come crazy at your knife gifts. Anybody joining the culinary sector or school will have to have one!
- A non-sliding grip to open the oysters with wet hands
- The five-level oyster shucking gloves are better and more durable
- A suitable leather sheath, a perfect option for securing and wearing
- Multipurpose knife with artfully blade shuck steamed or raw oysters quickly
- An oversized gauntlet that covers the hand from oysters
- Compact and easy enough to manage small or big oysters
- Solid to slip the oyster shells in seconds without much effort
- Combine all the elements of an oyster tool with a new modern look
- The blade is quite thicker than other versions
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Nonslip wooden|
When buying a knife, a simple thing to remember is that the bigger the oyster, the bigger the knife you’ll use.
With all the oyster types and knife styles in mind, you are now heading to the four main factors you need to notice before picking the best oyster knives.
You can find many knife brands on the market. So it would be better to know a few names of reliable manufacturers in making oyster knives. Here are 3 big brands that you can put your trust in.
OXO is a famous brand in producing kitchenware, including oyster knives. But do you know that their product lines are more than that? They also offer several products for cleaning and organizing, making your life much easier.
This is a new brand name in the kitchenware industry. Opened in 2014, HICOUP has received more and more attention from customers, thanks to their high-quality yet very affordable product that exceeds customers’ expectations.
Every purchase from TOADFISH helps to restore coastal ecosystems. Moreover, their products are eco-friendly and well-designed, from drinkware to kitchenware.
Versatility & Efficiency
If you’re just going to deal with one form of oyster, you can get a highly advanced knife. On the other hand, a Boston or a French oyster knife provides a high degree of flexibility for different oyster varieties.
The oyster opener ought to be able to open the shell quickly without putting too much force. It’s not good if the knife punctures the meat or crushes the shell; use the special knife to get acquainted with it.
While the oyster knives are fairly blunt, you can still be injured. A contoured, nonslip handle usually goes with narrower middles, which make it easy to keep.
It is important when your hands are wet. Some sets include the handguard to prevent the blade from nicking or cutting off palms and fingertips.
Handguards protect against nicks and cuts. You could shape a bulge on the handle to protect the palms from grazing the blade or come as mesh gloves with the maximum standard of five ratings for cut-free shucking.
Materials & Maintenance
Since oysters are saltwater species, they might have some salt inside. It will, however, affect standard knife blades and cause corrosion.
Blades need at least 3 inches long with a rounded or bent tip such that you can open the oysters from the hinges and cut the abductor muscle quickly. You should rinse carefully after every use to prevent damage.
Therefore, please opt for blades made of high carbon steel, which is tougher and lasts longer than simple alloy blades or conventional stainless steel blades.
Eating oysters can be daunting, and they can be even more terrifying! But once you find a good tool to open them, it’s a lot of fun. In case you still have other questions regarding oyster knives, here are some common questions and answers that you should keep in mind.
My Top Pick
The more properly the oyster is shucked, the more enchanted taste that you can fully feel while enjoying it.
For me, the top oyster knife is the HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife. This product looks fantastic in your kitchen cabinet and provides many extra advantages of being robust thanks to the exquisite handle. Safety features are also included.
In addition, the OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife would be the best bet as a low-cost knife. With stainless steel blade that can dig in tiny hinges, this item allows you to shuck this fresh food effortlessly.
Lastly, I hope my review will help you to find the most suitable knife. If you find this article helpful, share it with your friends now. Thank you for your support!