Shucking new oysters is much easier and safer by using the best oyster knives. Of course, you need the great oyster shuckers and stable hand protection tools to tackle even the hardest task.
Next, you need to know more about the oysters and the knife styles that typically used to suck the shells. Then you will have no clues to find which physical character or design construction of the knives is right for you.
Table of Contents
Popular Types Of Oyster
When picking the best oyster knives, it’s helpful to think a little bit about the type of oysters you’re most likely to shuck regularly.
Atlantic Oyster (Crassostrea virginica): Once the largest oyster harvested in the US and was abundant along the East Coast but left only 1% now and being repopulated. These oysters are sweeter tasting, but they are quite hard to open.
Pacific Oyster (Crassostrea gigas): Introduce from Japan commercial farming as the large and fast-rising oysters. It sits around the middle ease of the shucking scale and has a nice taste and texture.
- Top 13 Best Potato Chip Slicers To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Omelette Pans To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best BBQ Gloves On The Market 2021
- Top 12 Best Whiskey Stones To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Barbecue Books Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Turmeric Tea Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Canned Tomatoes Reviews in 2021
- Top 13 Best Cast Iron Teapots On The Market 201
Olympia Oysters (Strea luridia / Ostrea conchaphila): Small oysters that have been endemic to the US West Coast and are now farmed on a limited scale in the Pacific Northwest. They are smooth in texture and stronger flavor.
Kumamoto Oyster (Crassostrea sikamea): Deep-cup with sweet and mild taste originating from Japan; they are now cultivated along the US East Coast. Often called the ‘Chardonnay of the Oysters,’ the Kumamoto is just marginally bigger than the Olympia.
European Flat Oyster (Ostrea edulis): Appear for commercial farming on the eastern US and northern Pacific coasts. This tiny oyster has a sweet flavor and is easier to shuck than the Atlantic oyster.
Any add-ins for better identify the species? Before you take the best oyster knife, do a tour to see which oyster knife is the most practical and fit right any seafood day.
I favored oyster knives with narrower middles, short blades, and hooked tips, which do an exceptional job of opening the shell while keeping the liquid inside.
What Is An Oyster Knife?
The oyster knife uses to remove meat from the oyster shell. It comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. To decide the right one, you have to look at the hard guards’ layout, the blade handle, and the tip style.
The Oyster Knife Types
Below are some of the major styles of oyster knife available and the oysters better suited to them.
The 2¾” straight blade in a round upturned tip; well adapted to the standard hinge form of opening. The New Haven opens from small to medium Atlantic and Pacific oysters, particularly half-shell oysters.
These can also shuck Olympia and Kumamoto but quite difficult to put into the hinge.
Usually, this has a 4″ blade that is strong, broad with moderately sharp edges. The Galveston knives are mostly commercial-used, particularly for larger oysters like medium or large European and large Atlantic oysters.
The style of Providence also has a short, broad blade with a simple, pointed edge. This oyster knife recommends shucking small and medium-sized small Pacific, Olympia, and small Atlantic oysters using a hinge method.
A common oyster knife with a narrow, long blade usually 3″ to 4″ and a pear-shaped handle makes it easy to carry. The Boston tool can get all of the techniques, including larger Pacific and Atlantic oysters or any other oyster sizes.
Let’s grab up a bit! The best oyster knives can simply tackle the hardest oyster shells. Choosing the wrong one might mean the difference between a full stomach and nervous dinner guests.
Which Are The Best Oyster Knives To Buy?
Experienced oyster lovers typically have at least one best oyster knife. While you can open an oyster with a standard oyster knife, everybody has more than one, simply because certain oyster knives do a better job.
Asking about the multiple choices, you should not miss DEXTER, HICOUP, and VICTORINOX together their diverse categories in shapes and sizes once you are in, no way to out of overwhelming.
Even you are planning to give an oyster knife collection to your mates as a gift. Take your time on OXO, ARCHER, and TANG SONG. They are all famous for the charming knife design as well as portable in using purposes.
Right below, the basic summary and reviews are listing on!
- Best Overall: HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Fit with a short, stiff blade that effectively opens the oyster shells and sever the muscle hinge, easy to enjoy the plump, juicy oyster inside.”
- Best Budget: OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Robust stainless steel blade, the bent tip making it quick to pry open oyster shells. Soft, secure handles didn’t budge in your palm.”
- Best New Haven Style: VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Strong and durable blade; get the slightly hooked tip in and pry away the stubborn shell. The knife is thin enough to be helpful for shucking side-entry methods.”
- Best Handle: DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Pop up the quality cutlery. New Haven style with slippery textured, easy-to-clean polypropylene handle endures both high and low levels.”
- Best with Finger Guard: SWISSMAR Boston Style Oyster Knife
“Ergo-dynamic double-axis pistol grip with finger guard; the 135-degree angle holds the forearm in contact with the blade for full power transfer.”
- Best Lightweight: MOMONI Galveston Style Oyster Knife
“Compact, robust, quick and light enough to carry small, and sturdy enough for small oysters. It is secure in hand and does not slip into the blade during operation.”
- Best Security: ARCHER Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Full-tang mirror finish and stainless steel blade for high reliability. Stainless handguards for defense and style. Pakka wood handle for a strong and balanced grip.”
- Best Safe Grip: TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Each kit has 8 pieces with a price of one knife, it is easy and comfortable to grip while you use; safe, healthy, eco-friendly, and robust to use.”
- Best Providence Style: UJ RAMELSON Providence Style Oyster Knife
“The Duxbury knife with a commercial grade 13 gauge blade with a rugged “Murphy Green” polypropylene plastic handle; it has quickly become the world’s top seller.”
- Best Sharp Edges: TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife
“Shaped with sharp edges on both knife sides, shuck thousands of steamed and raw oysters but never misses a beat. It’s a must-have cooking tool; ergonomic model.”
- Best for Large Oysters: ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife
“Professional level 5 food-grade cut resistance gloves with 3.5″ stainless steel knife. It’s an ideal package for shucking large oysters by Rockland Guard.”
- Best for Beginners: WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Gloves made with the highest degree of resistance material. The thick knife blade is sharp just where it wants to be. Get it great for an inexperienced shucker.”
- Best for Professional: MELOCEAN Galveston Style Oyster Knife
“Crafted to easily and accurately shuck shells, this oyster shucking collection by Melocean is the favored alternative among seafood connoisseurs who settle for the finest.”
- Best Stainless Steel: JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
“The thick and strengthened stainless steel blade has an ideal width and rigidity. It can accommodate small and large oysters, slipping between shells to open quickly.”
- Best for Restaurants: DALSTRONG Providence Style Oyster Knife
“Full-tang and made rock-solid to shuck oysters and serve shellfish with ease, making it well suited for bars, dinner parties and restaurants.”
Oyster Knife Comparison Table 2021
There are many colors and forms for oyster knives out there, so how do you pick the knife? With a little practice, patience, and one of the best oyster knives here, you’ll soon be a pro in opening fresh oysters! Keep following!
|Product Name||Dimensions||Item Weight||Knife Style||Warranty|
|HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Overall||6.5 x 2.5 x 0.6 inches||0.32 ounces||Providence||100% money-back guarantee|
|OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Budget||6.75 x 1.38 x 1 inches||1.58 ounces||Providence||Limited lifetime|
|VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best New Haven Style||6.75 x 1.5 x 0.75 inches||2.4 ounces||New Haven||Limited lifetime/ 100% money-back|
|DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best Handle||9.5 x 2 x 0.55 inches||2.72 ounces||New Haven||Limited lifetime|
|SWISSMAR Boston Style Oyster Knife - Best with Finger Guard||8 x 2.5 x 1 inches||0.352 ounces||Boston||One year/ 100% money-back|
|MOMONI Galveston Style Oyster Knife - Best Lightweight||8.11 x 3.58 x 1.1 inches||8 ounces||Galveston||Limited lifetime|
|ARCHER Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Security||6.5 x 2.5 x 0.6 inches||3 ounces||Providence||Limited lifetime/ 100% money-back|
|TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best Safe Grip||7.09 x 5.31 x 1.77 inches||14.9 ounces||New Haven||Limited lifetime|
|UJ RAMELSON Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Providence Style||7.72 x 3.94 x 0.91 inches||2.39 ounces||Providence||Limited lifetime|
|TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife - Best Sharp Edges||8.9 x 2.4 x 1.1 inches||5.6 ounces||Galveston||Limited lifetime|
|ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife - Best for Large Oysters||9.21 x 6.22 x 0.98 inches||6.4 ounces||Boston||Limited lifetime|
|WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best for Beginners||11 x 7.9 x 1 inches||5.6 ounces||Providence||100% money-back|
|MELOCEAN Galveston Style Oyster Knife - Best for Professional||6.3 x 0.59 x 0.79 inches||8.8 ounces||Galveston||Limited lifetime|
|JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best Stainless Steel||8.75 x 7.5 x 0.75 inches||4.2 ounces||Providence||Three months free-replacement|
|DALSTRONG Providence Style Oyster Knife - Best for Restaurants||12 x 3 x 2 inches||15.8 ounces||Providence||Limited lifetime|
Top 15 Best Oyster Knife Reviews in 2021
The best oyster knives have been built to guide you on the right balance to shuck fresh oysters easily at home or anywhere you like to enjoy! Oyster knives come in a range of types, so here are my ideas to help you choose the one that suits you well. Head it up!
1. HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife
Using only 420 stainless steel, this handcrafted oyster knife features a blade with a “full tang” mirror finish holding three solid rivets compressed with a delicate handle.
You soon realize the importance of handle design in this HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife. The pakka wood handle fits perfectly into your palm and provides a skid-free grip that helps you open your oysters securely even in a wet task.
The knife is lightweight and flexible with a basic build that helps even the first-timers open anything easily, from the 4-inch Martha Vineyard to chestnut-size Kumamotos.
- Durable with 6-1/2 inches of tip-to-tip and a 2-1/2 inch blade
- An oversized hand guard protects the hands from slipping the knife
- Perfectly-designed structure and rigidity that fits with all sorts of oysters
- The thick, high-carbon steel blade is rigid and width to slide between the shells
- The pointed tip is simple to pry, plus an ergonomic handle
- Lightweight to handle small oysters but robust to tackle big oysters
- A single-function device with details, wonderful style, and craftsmanship
- An impact as gifts for corporate affairs, weddings, or donor appreciation events
- The hilt is snagged as it is removed from the sheath
|Blade Material||Mirror finish forged stainless steel/ Reinforced high carbon|
|Handle Material||Pakka wood|
2. OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
You can do real testing with this OXO Providence Style Oyster Knife; the bent tip of this oyster knife flashes through several oyster shells in a couple of minutes.
It even performed well with harder oyster shells, supported by a nonslip grip, even with sweaty hands. I must highlight that the stainless steel blade is very robust.
While this OXO Good Grips oyster knife is simple to handle, I wished it had a handguard. Bonus points for its dishwasher-safe convenience that will not break or fade in the washer.
- The blade made of stainless steel, real robust
- The bent tip makes it easier to pry open oysters
- The edge is built to dig even tiny hinges of the shells
- Quick grinding back and forth to unlock oysters inevitably
- It’s safe for the dishwasher
- The soft, easy handle is not going to slip in wet
- Support the right strength to shake within a minute
- Penetrate the hinge of the oyster, not fold when turning
- Lack of handguard
- The blade may be quite short for someone
|Color||Black & Silver|
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Nonslip poly|
Let’s Oxo show you the right way to tackle even the most stubborn oyster in town with this powerful black handle knife.
3. VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife
(Best New Haven Style)
Customer expectations and technologies have evolved over the years. The Swiss Army Knife has grown by adapting to these needs while remaining an important tool on which the clients can rely.
This VICTORINOX New Haven Style Oyster Knife is a vital product and plays a pioneering role in the growth of all product types. The straight blade is doing a decent job of separating the flesh from the shell’s smooth side.
In the handle, the forward bulge works as a stabilizing thumb rest, while the narrow body behind it strengthens the rest of the fingers with a strong grip. For strong protection at the base of the palm, the rear of the handle is bulging again.
A good new for you is that you are now providing other generous variations from Victorinox; apart from New Haven, you can also find Galveston style with long edges or Providence design with robust structure.
- Made in Switzerland
- A sturdy handle, the steel polished to a mirror-like consistency
- The short blade has dull edges, a slightly convex underside, and flat the top side
- The tip design makes excellent control; move high away from the tender meat
- The thinner blade is good at penetrating the hinge
- An ideal design, when perfect oysters are required half shell
- The most popular pocket knife and multi-tool brand in the world
- Best to open small and medium-sized oysters for half shell serving
- Minor rusts appear after a few dishwasher cleaning, however quickly washed
|Color||Red & Silver|
|Blade Material||High carbon steel|
|Handle Material||Super grip plastic|
4. DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife
If you’d like to have fresh oysters, you need a decent oyster knife. Of the many knives available out there, the DEXTER New Haven Style Oyster Knife is an excellent one.
The Sani-Safe handle is perfect for experienced cooks who just want to keep everything in the kitchen tidy. The secure-grip polypropylene handle endures high and low temperatures.
Even the toughest oyster will lose the game. The tip of the stainless steel blade has a gentle curve to help open the tough shellfish. You now have a precision ground for durability and superb commercial purpose.
- The safe grip handle with a finger shield
- The handle-to-blade seal ensures optimum sanitary efficiency
- Blades are made from DEXSTEELTM patented high-carbon stainless steel
- The curved tip is important for separating and identifying the oyster hinge
- Made in the USA, the knife is NSF certified
- The curved tip, hand-honed with an ultimate edge
- Dishwasher safe takes any abuse throwing at it
- Sharp enough to cut the oyster muscle, not hand harming
- The blade is not long enough for the real large oysters
|Blade Material||High carbon/ DEXSTEEL™ stain-free high alloy|
|Handle Material||Soft rubber/ Polypropylene|
5. SWISSMAR Boston Style Oyster Knife
(Best with Finger Guard)
The Shucker Paddy Oyster knife offers an all-in-one universal solution for functionality, protection, and ease of use in “Oyster Shucking” thanks to the innovative ergo-dynamic Dual Axis Pistol Grip feature.
The handle works just like a revolver grip in your palm; the three-inch, curved, stainless blade is where the “barrel” of the pistol will be. More than that, it is sharpened at the top or bottom for efficient use on all sorts of oysters.
If you’re using traditional oyster shuckers, you know there’s just one axis down the blade. This dual-axis gives you much more power and leverage; enables oyster shucking twice as fast!
- Ambidextrous, suitable for both left or right-handed
- Dual-axis, one down the blade and one down the grip length
- Fit ergonomically in hand for optimum support and a strong grip
- The angle of 135 degrees holds the forearm aligned with the blade
- Nonslip injection molded PP handle offers the highest degree of sanitary
- Safe with the dishwasher
- Ergonomic finger guard handle
- Made of high-quality stainless steel
- The blade is the optimal sharpness for all sorts of oysters
- When the tip gets through, no friction to slow the blade down
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
Check out to see what is missing within this Swissmar oyster knife. Take your time; the secrets are showing up!
6. MOMONI Galveston Style Oyster Knife
With a premium quality stainless steel blade and a robust, nonslip grip, the MOMONI Galveston Style Oyster Knife has great stiffness to be solid enough to hold the oyster shells open in seconds without too much effort.
A thin but solid blade gives it excellent strength to pop the hinge and slide under the meat to cut the muscle and untie the oyster meat cleanly.
There is no need for several knives to be used in any oyster shell, as this one can accomplish the task without destroying the meat.
I promise that the oyster knife will work exceptionally well to meet your oyster needs.
- Stainless-steel blade is the rigidity of the material
- The body is sandwiched into the handle by using rivets
- Great balance in hand and perfect length and sharpness
- Elegant, well made, nonslip, and stylish wooden handle style
- Light and comfortable design allow everyone to open with ease
- Come in a package of two, wrapped in a stunning luxurious gift box
- Its shape is perfectly aligned with the blade, very smooth and fluid
- A perfect present for every occasion; friends or family members love oysters
- Lack of the blade guard
- The blade is not hooked to the tip, so it’s harder to shuck the shells
|Color||Wood & Silver|
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
7. ARCHER Providence Style Oyster Knife
You can trust this professional knife to keep you as care for as you look fine. It has a sturdy stainless-steel handle to protect your fingers safe from damage.
The blade has a pointed edge, but it is not sharp for security. The ARCHER Providence Style Oyster Knife is medium dense and appropriate for medium and large oysters.
Expertly constructed and wonderfully finished, this wooden knife is going to have you shucking oysters for years to come. It looks amazing in the kitchen and supporting every dinner party or special event, too.
- Highly sturdy pakka wood completes the rugged knife
- A sturdy stainless steel handle to hold the fingers safe from hurts
- Craft 2 and 1/2 inch with a 6 and 1/2 inches polished blade mirror
- The blade is 420-grade stainless steel extending to the bottom of the handle
- It has a light and controlled, and solid feel in the palm
- Sleek with a secure grip to effortlessly open the oysters
- Ideal for an oyster lover or a chef as a gift for every reason
- Elegant knife construction, simple to handle and convenient to use
- There is no cover box.
|Blade Material||Mirror finish the full tang|
|Handle Material||Pakka wood|
8. TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife
(Best Safe Grip)
This TANG SONG New Haven Style Oyster Knife isn’t like the high-quality oyster shuckers you’re buying with many bucks. What matters most is that you get eight pieces of oyster knives at the price of one.
They arrive with a sturdy, non-sharp blade to remove the shell and a strong non-slippery handle to give you a safe grip when you use it.
They don’t give you the above marvelous experience, but they do the job they were supposed to do in the best way. Moreover, you can tackle all sorts of shell animals such as clams and water mussels.
- Non-slippery, the wooden handle fits comfortably in hand
- Total length is 6.2 inches, with the knife long up to 2.9 inches
- The blade is corrosion and rust-resistant; slip softly through shells
- Smooth wooden handle; material made of high-quality stainless steel
- Multipurpose, handy for big parties
- Robust, great of high quality and packaged well
- It is comfortable and convenient to grip; sturdy to shuck
- Perfect for opening scallops, shell, oysters, clams, and shellfish
- Not apply for the dishwasher
- It’s not suitable for tough oysters
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Smooth wooden|
9. UJ RAMELSON Providence Style Oyster Knife
(Best Providence Style)
This knife has been made with oyster citizens from Island Creek Oysters in Duxbury, Mass. Win the trick with UJ RAMELSON Providence Style Oyster Knife is fast and simple!
For this oyster knife, you will own completely ground, hardened, and polished 420HC high carbon steel, sharp and pointy but tough, needs little power to ease at the hinge between the shells.
This knife has a short 2 1/8 inch blade, so the longer blades can bend or break as the pressure is applied. These advantages make this knife preferred and enjoyable all-day oyster shucking activities. Keep shucking oyster fun and not frustrating.
- The knife goes through the oyster hinges very quickly
- Pack a rugged shaped “Murphy Green” polypropylene plastic handle
- The blade tip is pointed, suitable for prying shells and working into the hinge
- The blade does not bend, possibly to work along with hinges without chipping
- High quality, American made hand tools made in the USA
- Real lightweight and comfortably balanced in the palm
- The shucking blade is stainless steel, not a sharp cutting point
- A simple wrist twist, a short cut in the abductor’s muscle to shell off
- Only hand wash and dry knives but not the dishwasher
|Blade Material||Commercial grade stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Polypropylene plastic|
10. TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife
(Best Sharp Edges)
You are now no more looking for the professional layout to open a thicker shelled oyster like those found on the Gulf Coast. The blade construction features a thicker blade than traditional oyster knives with less bend for increased shucking ability and high leverage.
Only in this TOADFISH New Haven Style Oyster Knife can you have the knife handle made from recycled plastic, 100% post-consumer. Toadfish will be planting ten sq. feet of new oyster habitat with every knife sold.
One of the most durable oyster products on stage is the Toadfish shucking knife. The qualified oyster knife precisely and comfortably integrates all sharp-edge knife elements with a new look at ergonomics.
- The multipurpose bent-tip blade design has a flawless pivot
- The thumbprint grip handle is ideally weighted, eliminating hand slippage
- Made of stainless steel; high quality, stain-free, and resistant to corrosion
- Built for commercial, professional kitchen, and the accomplished shucker
- Pair with Cut-proof Cloth for the ultimate shucking setup
- Thicker blade structure and less bend than the signature knife
- Holding flush the most with the top shell prevents wasting oysters
- Part of the sale income go directly to projects for habitat restoration
- Quite difficult to turn while popping the oysters
|Blade Material||Stainless steel/ High carbon stain-free steel|
|Handle Material||100% recycled plastic|
When you are a real fan of kitchen décor, I suggest you a mint version of the Toadfish knife soon you will fall in love. To me, I have already been attracted by the classic while above.
11. ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife
(Best for Large Oysters)
Awarded with level 5 EN388 cut resistance, your ROCKLAND GUARD Boston Style Oyster Knife is the highest cut resistance material present on the market.
It’s easy to work through a bushel of large oysters; the soft handle is formed to nestle securely in your palm. Much better, the handle will not slip once the stainless-steel blade with its bent edge penetrates and shucks the hardest shells.
Crank out the whole oyster colony without leaving the sweat of this knife. A stylish and streamlined style would make this product a must-have in every home!
- Four available sizes that provide a snug fit for all
- The right width and rigidity to slide between the oyster shells
- A 3.5-inch stainless oyster knife with an easy-grip nonslip handle
- Using 420 stainless steel; the thick, high-carbon blade is reinforced
- Built to crack through even the toughest oyster
- Lightweight and convenient safety without the bulk
- Keep the gloves clean, food-safe, and machine washable
- Perfect for oyster shucking, preparing food, cutting, grating, and slicing
- Take some time to get acquainted with large shells
|Blade Material||420 Stainless steel/ Thick reinforced high carbon|
|Handle Material||Nonslip poly|
12. WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife
(Best for Beginners)
This oyster-beginning knife designs with a black plastic handle, soft and easy to grip, will not move in your palm. Forged from great quality 3CR13 stainless steel and properly sharpened, not like crappy thin blade twisted while working.
Additionally, Wendom is offering the Lemon Squeezer as an additional present to you. All in one set for parties, picnic, BBQ, dinner, working, travel, and so on.
You can quickly and efficiently open any shell of seafood with the WENDOM Providence Style Oyster Knife. The power that you can believe!
- It has a rough edge; can be cleaned in the dishwasher
- Gloves are a great complement to the hand holding oyster
- The yellow rubber cover adds better traction to open the shell
- The knife tip is mostly dull, no risk of cutting the oyster or yourself
- The knife at the oyster roast for the first time
- Separate top shells by running a knife along the edges
- Helping to keep you safe and to control the shell more
- Replacement or full refund is guaranteed with 100% money-back support
- The average size gloves are maybe not fit the big hands
- The blade is rather wide that you can’t quickly get a decent leverage
|Blade Material||3CR13 Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Nonslip plastic|
13. MELOCEAN Galveston Style Oyster Knife
(Best for Professional)
Forged from 3cr13 high-quality stainless steel & properly sharpened, this item can effectively open any form of seafood shell. It’s the oyster-shucking knife that is favored by the experts.
The 2.5-inch blade is high quality German stainless steel and mounted to the knife, allowing a soft, smooth precision shell opening but still preventing chipping.
This oyster shucking tool’s handle gives the durability you can rely on, but it is also crafted out of wood and reinforced with rivets. Enhanced to provide additional gripping strength, the shucking knife utensils allow super secure oysters to prepare at home.
- Built of sturdy wood and polished to avoid sliding
- Each 6.3-inch full-tang oyster knife fits palm tightly
- Bend-proof, rust-proof blade offering true toughness
- Handles carved from sturdy French wood; nonslip gripping
- Set in a lovely wooden box, pack of two knives
- An elegant gift concept for dinner party guests & hosts
- Make a nice gift choice at holidays, birthdays, gatherings
- Contain a PDF book and a detailed oyster shucking knife brochure
- A high degree of comfort; guarantee a secure shucking experience
- Fit better with the small and medium-size oysters
|Blade Material||3cr13 Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Double-riveted nonslip wooden|
14. JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife
(Best Stainless Steel)
This JXE JXO Providence Style Oyster Knife gives you a non-sliding grip, helping you open oysters and clams easily even though your hand is wet.
Also, an oyster gloves package will cover your palm in case it slips while shucking. This oyster shucker knife stays true to ergonomics and has crafted primarily for left or right-handed users.
Now you have a perfect gift for long-time oyster customers, chefs, fishers, anyone who enjoys BBQ. They will come crazy at your knife gifts. Anybody joining the culinary sector or school will have to have one!
- A non-sliding grip to open the oysters by wet hands
- The five-level oyster shucking gloves are better and more durable
- A suitable leather sheath, a perfect option for securing and wearing
- Multipurpose knife with artfully blade shuck steamed or raw oysters quickly
- An oversized gauntlet that covers the hand from oysters
- Compact and easy enough to manage small or big oysters
- Solid to slip the oyster shells in seconds without much effort
- Combine all the elements of an oyster tool with a new modern look
- The blade is quite thicker than other versions
|Blade Material||Stainless steel|
|Handle Material||Nonslip wooden|
15. DALSTRONG Providence Style Oyster Knife
(Best for Restaurants)
With a large, thick blade of ThyssenKrupp German high-carbon X50CrMoV15 steel, this strong and durable knife means that slicing the soft juicy inside the meat is a painless healthy process without tearing the fragile oyster flesh.
The blade also has a pointed tip for slipping between close shells, while the long handle gives perfect leverage to open the shellfish. Additionally, the wood is laminated for additional strength, hygiene, water, and stain resistance.
Please notice the detail that the oyster shucking knife set is bundled in a deluxe package with an e-book and a free oyster-opening brochure. What a fine gift idea for your friends and family!
- Confirm with EN388 standard for level 5 cutting resistance
- Melocean oyster shucker gloves, breathable and lightweight
- Strong tip, sharp edge plus thick solid blade and forged bolster
- Ergonomic French wood nonslip handle for manual polishing and sharpening
- The long handle offers great leverage to open the shellfish
- Fits firmly in every hand to deliver the best level of confidence
- Offer an excellent oyster shucking activity for all, from beginner to advanced
- Forged with the finest grade 3cr13 stainless steel without bending or breaking
- Quite heavy, rely much pressure on the wrist
|Blade Material||High carbon/ ThyssenKrupp German steel/ Polished satin|
|Handle Material||Laminated pakka wood|
When buying a knife, a simple thing to remember is that the bigger the oyster, the bigger the knife you’ll use.
With all the oyster types and knife styles in mind, you are now heading to the three main things you need to notice before picking the best oyster knives.
Versatility & Efficiency
If you’re just going to deal with one form of oyster, you can get a highly advanced knife. On the other side, a Boston oyster knife or a French oyster knife provides a high degree of flexibility for different oysters’ styles.
The oyster opener ought to be able to open the shell quickly without putting too much force. It’s not good if the knife punctures the meat or crushes the shell; use the special knife to get acquainted with it.
While the oyster knives are fairly blunt, you can still be injured. A contoured, nonslip handle usually goes with narrower middles, which make it easy to keep.
It is important when your hands are wet. Some sets include the handguard to prevent the blade from nicking or cutting off palms and fingertips.
Handguards protect against nicks and cuts. You could shape a bulge on the handle to protect the palms from grazing the blade or come as mesh gloves with the maximum standard of five ratings for cut-free shucking.
Materials & Maintenance
Since oysters are saltwater species, it is very common that they have some salt inside. It will, however, affect standard knife blades and cause corrosion.
Blades need at least 3 inches long with a rounded or bent tip such that you can open the oysters from the hinges and cut the abductor muscle quickly. You should rinse carefully after every use to prevent damages.
Prefer the blades made of high carbon steel, which is tougher and lasts longer than simple alloy blades or conventional stainless steel blades.
Eating oysters can be daunting, and they can be even more terrifying! But once you have the hang of it, it’s a lot of fun, and you feel accomplished. No more worries, I am here to share the common cases with you and some notes to remind.
My Top Pick
The mystery behind the oysters’ flavor is not the sauce, but the preparation way, especially by the best oyster knives. The more properly the oyster is shucked, the more enchanted the taste of eating.
Topping my favorite oyster knife is the HICOUP Providence Style Oyster Knife. This product looks fantastic in your kitchen cabinet and provides many extra advantages of being robust thanks to the exquisite handle. Safety features are also included.
And you won’t find any trouble in choosing the right shucker. I hope my review will prove useful to the best decision. Share your friends now, anything better than adding the best oyster knives in your shucking sets? Never say “Nay” for an oyster night!