The best vegetarian cookbook is something that modern society usually looks for. Nutritious foods do wonders for your health. They help reduce the diseases of the times, such as blood fat, diabetes, obesity, blood pressure, and even cancer.
Many people have decided to go vegetarian in response to the benefits of fruits, vegetables, grains, healthy fats, and plant-based protein. Besides, many people do not want to give up completely attractive dishes from meat, eggs, milk, and cheese.
The solution is that you can completely alternate or combine these foods together, and the vegetarian eating style is the most suitable. Check out the following series of vegetarian cookbooks. Seasoned chefs will show you how to create your own personalized menu.
You can improve your health and comfort with the most popular culinary books without giving up attractive dishes. The top-rated options I bring you today will change your eating style forever!
What Is Vegetarian?
Vegetarianism is a less extreme form of veganism. People on this diet do not eat meat, poultry, fish, seafood, and products obtained from animals through slaughter.
- Top 14 Best Korean Cookbooks Of All Times: 2023 Top Picks
- Top 25 Best Vegan Cookbooks: Build Healthier Eating Style in 2023
- Top 15 Best Juicing Book Reviews in 2022
- Top 14+ Best Indian Cookbooks: Immortal Indian Cuisine 2023
- Top 15 Best Japanese Cookbooks: Must-Have In Your Kitchen 2022
- Top 12+ Best Italian Cookbook
- Top 22 Best Spanish Cookbooks: Immortality Of All Time 2023
- Top 12+ Best French Cookbooks: Paris In Your Kitchen 2023
Like vegan, vegetarian diets contain a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, beans, and seeds, generally plant-based products. Some types of vegetarians may also use milk, eggs, honey, and other animal products.
Different Types of Vegetarian Diets
There are some popular types of vegetarian diets that many people follow, such as:
- Lacto: A vegetarian diet that completely eliminates animal meat and eggs but still allows dairy products.
- Lacto-Ovo: This is a vegetarian diet that requires no meat but can still consume dairy products and eggs.
- Ovo: Like the two diets above, this vegetarian diet does not consume animal products but can still eat eggs.
- Vegan: You may know about the vegan diet through many vegan cookery books. This is the strictest type of vegetarian diet, rejecting all kinds of meat and any product made from animals. It is not only a diet but also a lifestyle.
In addition, there are two popular vegetarian subjects as follows:
- Pescatarian: These are people who follow a vegetarian diet that completely eliminates red meat, pork, and poultry but can still add fish to the diet.
- Flexitarian: This is the term for people who are both vegetarian and meat eaters alternately in their menus.
- Pollotarian: This is the word to describe someone who does not consume red meat or pork products, yet can eat poultry.
Which Are The Best Vegetarian Cookbooks To Improve Your Health In 2022?
Take a quick look at 22 outstanding titles of the best vegetarian cookbooks this year to see how you can change your eating style:
- Best Ever: Love Real Food: More Than 100 Feel-Good Vegetarian Favorites to Delight the Senses and Nourish the Body: A Cookbook by Kathryne Taylor
- Best With French Recipes: Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi and Jonathan Lovekin
- Best Gluten-Free: The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook: A Fresh Guide to Eating Well With 700 Foolproof Recipes by America’s Test Kitchen
- Best Quick And Easy: The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners by Rukmini Iyer
- Best With Asian Recipes: East: 120 Easy and Delicious Asian-inspired Vegetarian and Vegan recipes by Meera Sodha
- Best With Photos: How To Cook Everything Vegetarian: Completely Revised Tenth Anniversary Edition by Mark Bittman
- Best Low-Fat For Weight Loss: The Moosewood Cookbook: 40th Anniversary Edition by Mollie Katzen
- Best For Meat Lovers: The Weekday Vegetarians: 100 Recipes and a Real-Life Plan for Eating Less Meat: A Cookbook by Jenny Rosenstrach
- Best With Indian Recipes: Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy, and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day by Meera Sodha
- Best With Food Stories: Plenty More: Vibrant Vegetable Cooking from London’s Ottolenghi [A Cookbook] by Yotam Ottolenghi
- Best For Beginners: Vegetarian Cookbook for Beginners: The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook to Get Started by Rockridge Press
- Best For College Students: The 30-Minute Vegetarian Cookbook: 100 Healthy, Delicious Meals for Busy People by Lisa Turner
- Best For Diabetics: Whole Food Cooking Every Day: Transform the Way You Eat with 250 Vegetarian Recipes Free of Gluten, Dairy, and Refined Sugar by Amy Chaplin
- Best With Modern Recipes: On Vegetables: Modern Recipes for the Home Kitchen by Jeremy Fox, Noah Galuten, and Rick Poon
- Best By Chef: Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Kausy Patel
- Best For Families: Super Natural Every Day: Well-Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen [A Cookbook] by Heidi Swanson
- Best With Nutrition Information: Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison
- Best With Grilled Recipes: Charred: The Complete Guide to Vegetarian Grilling and Barbecue by Genevieve Taylor
- Best Illustrated: The Heart Of The Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation by Mollie Katzen
- Best With Air Fryer Recipes: The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook: 75+ Easy Meatless Recipes by Linda Larsen
- Best For Seasonal Recipes: The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone: [A Cookbook] by Deborah Madison
- Best With Fresh Ingredients: Simply Vegetarian Cookbook: Fuss-Free Recipes Everyone Will Love by Susan Pridmore
22 Best Vegetarian Cookbooks You Must Refer In 2022
You will definitely fall for vegetarian diets when discovering these outstanding vegetarian cookbooks!
1. Love Real Food: More Than 100 Feel-Good Vegetarian Favorites to Delight the Senses and Nourish the Body: A Cookbook by Kathryne Taylor
With the hustle and bustle of life, fast food is the choice of busy people. This leads to many health consequences. Helping you out of that, the book Love Real Food opens the way to improving health with vegetarian food.
The book’s author is Ms. Kathryne Taylor – a chef who owns a vegetarian blog with millions of followers. With her passion, dishes made entirely from vegetables will improve your health and nourish your soul.
100 gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free recipes to help you limit digestive diseases. Without meat, eggs, and milk, recipes can still ensure nutrition and taste. Whether you are a vegetarian or just starting out, here are some helpful suggestions.
You can learn to cook all the new vegan recipes with your own creativity in the process. Each recipe can satisfy any taste bud. All the ingredients recommended are fresh and purely vegetables. The author also provides tips for eating properly with her inspiring stories.
- The new formula and creative cooking process
- All-natural ingredients and fresh vegetables
- Eliminating gluten helps improve some digestive diseases
- Helpful hints on eating in a proper way
- Suitable for most tastes
- Inspiring stories about foods and vegan cuisines
- It is recommended to add cooking time to each recipe
- Need some hints to switch ingredients when needed
2. Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi by Yotam Ottolenghi and Jonathan Lovekin
(Best With French Recipes)
French cuisine is not just about sophisticated marinated meats. Chef Yotam Ottolenghi introduces you to vegetarian French cuisine with his book – Plenty, one of the best cookbooks about French cuisine.
The author renewed all the traditional French recipes and made them easy for every home kitchen. As the owner of many famous restaurants in London, Yotam captures diners’ tastes.
Since then, he has created recipes from vegetables and herbs with new flavors. Along with beautiful photos by photographer Jonathan Lovekin, you can learn about varied vegetarian dishes easily.
One hundred twenty recipes are a valuable choice for you to innovate the way you eat. Besides, you can definitely improve your health with fresh plant-based ingredients. All recipes are effortless to do for even beginners. In particular, you can clean many new cooking and seasoning techniques.
- Most recipes are easy to do for beginners
- Ingredients come from nutritious vegetables
- A whole new way of cooking and seasoning
- Beautiful presentation with artwork
- Some recipes contain a lot of buttermilk
- There should be more specific instructions on complex cooking techniques
Take a look at the detailed review of Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi!
3. The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook: A Fresh Guide to Eating Well With 700 Foolproof Recipes by America’s Test Kitchen
If combined correctly, vegetables and grains will produce a dish full of flavor. That’s the spirit of The Complete Vegetarian Cookbook shared by a team of 60 chefs from America’s Test Kitchen.
The book offers hundreds of recipes for entirely plant-based dishes with a taste that won’t be boring. Three hundred super-fast cooking dishes with rice, beans, and vegetables. Five hundred gluten-free recipes, and 250 easy and delicious vegan recipes.
The book is full of dishes for breakfast, dinner, and snacks or parties. Hundreds of brilliant images help you to know the difficult techniques and how to handle the ingredients. Saving-time cooking tips are also helpful to you.
- Familiar ingredients, mainly cereals and vegetables
- Categorized recipes to make it easy for you to choose
- Specific illustrations for complicated techniques
- Kitchen tips to make cooking quick
- Some recipes contain a lot of oil and cheese
- The book cover should be more solid
4. The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners by Rukmini Iyer
(Best Quick And Easy)
Do you love to cook healthy food for your body but are too busy? Try the way of chef Rukmini Iyer, who has spent many years studying vegetarian cuisine. She shows how to cook delicious and nutritious vegetarian dishes through The Green Roasting Tin.
Whether you’re a vegetarian or a vegan, the book has the right recipe for you. There are 75 ways to turn plant-based ingredients into a meal that awakens the taste buds.
The special thing is that the operation is straightforward: put the ingredients in a box and bake it. It is suitable for those who are too busy.
The book shares the principles of choosing food and tips for storing ingredients. The author carefully studies the combination of foods from vegetables, beans, nuts, and spices. Surely the taste of each dish will not let you down.
- Recipes include vegetarian and vegan dishes
- Minimize the ingredient list
- Simple technique, save time
- How to preserve fresh food
- Introducing some unique spices
- Some recipes have lots of cheese
- Some ingredients need to be prepared
See how The Green Roasting Tin: Vegan and Vegetarian One Dish Dinners became the best-selling cookbook!
5. East: 120 Easy and Delicious Asian-inspired Vegetarian and Vegan recipes by Meera Sodha
(Best With Asian Recipes)
Food writer Meera Sodha is an ingenious chef in how to make dishes stand out. Even with the vegetarian dish, she still has a way of making it incredibly attractive.
If you want to learn Asian vegetarian and vegan cuisine, Meera’s book will be useful for you. This is considered one of the best among the cookery books for Asian recipes.
The book includes dishes from Singapore, India, Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam. Short, simple ingredients that anyone can prepare. The author introduces 120 ways to cook rice, noodles, salads, and cakes in simple steps.
You just need to go to the next-door store, and there will be enough ingredients for you. The book also shows how to substitute ingredients to suit all tastes. Family meals will become new and attractive in the East.
- Ingredients are easy to find in supermarkets
- The steps are detailed and neatly guided
- Preparation and cooking take less time
- Suitable for professional chefs and beginners
- Some recipes use quite a lot of oil
- Several hard-to-find regional ingredients
6. How To Cook Everything Vegetarian: Completely Revised Tenth Anniversary Edition by Mark Bittman
(Best With Photos)
Vegetarianism is the way people seek health and peace of mind. A culinary journalist and the author of more than 30 best-selling books, Mark Bittman shares the secret of vegetarianism in the new age. In that spirit, he shares How to Cook Everything Vegetarian to readers.
This special revised tenth anniversary edition is the first time adding colorful photos to best describe every dish. This makes How To Cook Everything Vegetarian stand out in the series and other cookbooks.
With six James Beard awards, Mark has the resources to elevate vegetarian creativity. The book is full of modern dishes and suitable for the majority of tastes. Color photos inspire you to run right into the kitchen.
The author analyzes in detail the principles of plant-based eating. You will know how to start cooking dishes from vegetables, beans, and grains. Detailed food combination notes help ensure nutrition and flavor.
- Necessary notes when combining foods
- Beautiful color photos and effective illustrations
- Useful nutritional analysis
- Suitable for beginners to cook
- Some recipes contain a lot of butter and oil
- In some places, the printing paper is faulty
7. The Moosewood Cookbook: 40th Anniversary Edition by Mollie Katzen
(Best Low-Fat For Weight Loss)
Since decades ago, vegetarian cuisine has been a well-received trend. Many vegetarian restaurants create menus based on cookbooks. The Moosewood Cookbook has been a bestseller for 40 years, now released in a new edition with thick and quality paper to satisfy readers.
The book’s author, Mollie Katzen, the James Beard Award-winning chef, shares vegetarian secrets through the ages. Some recipes are adjusted to suit new culinary trends. Each dish is full of flavor and high nutritional value.
You will find vegetarian classics with friendly ingredients such as rice, beans, vegetables, and nuts. The fat-removing ingredient is suitable for anyone who wants to lose weight.
In particular, the book provides notes on cooking time and how to increase and decrease the temperature to make the dish perfect. There are also nutritional contents to prefer for each dish.
- Healthy ingredients and cooking method
- Removing fat to aid weight loss
- Complete nutritional content in each dish
- Detailed instructions on cooking time
- Printed on thick, quality paper
- Lost some formulas in the first edition
Discover how The Moosewood Cookbook: 40th Anniversary Edition became an iconic vegetarian cookbook!
8. The Weekday Vegetarians: 100 Recipes and a Real-Life Plan for Eating Less Meat: A Cookbook by Jenny Rosenstrach
(Best For Meat Lovers)
You know all the benefits of being a vegetarian, but you also don’t want to pass up the delicious meat dishes? A menu with vegetarian dishes at the beginning of the week and meat dishes for the weekend will be a useful suggestion for you.
That was the idea of Jenny Rosenstrach, a journalist and author of many New York Times best-selling food books. Bringing that idea into the book The Weekday Vegetarians, she directs readers to a new eating method.
One hundred recipes are completely plant-based, quick, and easy to make at home. This book provides a common source of ingredients that anyone can stock up on. You can also learn the exact ratio of each ingredient in the recipes.
Tasty dishes are introduced, such as cauliflower topped with pizza salad, black bean tacos, and deep-fried spiced chickpeas. This is also a good cookbook for sauces and side dishes. Family meals become comforting and inspiring with many lovely photos.
- Witty words inspire cooking
- Healthy ingredients from vegetables, beans, fruits, nuts
- Simple and time-saving instruction
- The exact ingredient ratio provided
- Good effect for those who are losing weight
- Nice photos to illustrate the final dishes
- Need to add some main dishes to the meal
9. Fresh India: 130 Quick, Easy, and Delicious Vegetarian Recipes for Every Day by Meera Sodha
(Best With Indian Recipes)
An eye-catching appearance with rich flavor is typical of Indian dishes. And with vegetarian food, that is still guaranteed according to the instructions in the book Fresh India.
The chef and editor wrote the book of many famous culinary columnists, Meera Sodha. She shares with readers lively and unique vegetarian dishes. Fresh India is the outstanding one among the cookery books for renowned Indian dishes.
From easy-to-find ingredients like mushrooms, nuts, and vegetables, this book features 130 recipes for quick meals. The steps are also easy and creative. Whether it’s a classic or a modern dish, it’s all about awakening your taste buds. Her words are funny to inspire you the most.
One hundred unique Indian curry recipes are shared. Some meals are based on special seasonal ingredients that give you a new experience. Three main meals, side dishes, or desserts are all suitable for vegetarians.
All the ingredients in this cookbook are available at any market. Specifically, the author also provides accurate information about the cooking time for each dish, so you can easily plan for your recipes. The cooking process is step-by-step arranged and simplified.
- Ingredients are easy to find
- Accurate information about cooking time for each dish
- Easy-to-follow, step-by-step recipe
- Interest and funny words create inspiration
- Some recipes call for some special Indian seasoning
- Some dishes have a slightly lighter taste than the general taste
Try to cook with Fresh India by Meera Sodha and learn some reviews about this book!
10. Plenty More: Vibrant Vegetable Cooking from London’s Ottolenghi [A Cookbook] by Yotam Ottolenghi
(Best With Food Stories)
Many people think that vegetarian foods seem to have limited tastes. That mindset will change when you cook according to the instructions in Plenty More. This is a creation from the original Plenty – the best-selling work of chef Yotam Ottolenghi.
The book shares vegetarian recipes that blend Southeast Asian, Indian and European cuisines. With artistic presentation, more than 150 recipes show the delicious taste. The seasonal selection of ingredients is all fresh and healthy.
What makes this cookbook unique is the stories about foods and the interesting traveling experience of the author around many cuisine cultures. All are excellently described with color illustrations to bring you a realistic feeling.
There are clear and specific instructions, whether it’s a dessert or a main course for a large party. Each dish does not require too many ingredients for easy processing. The book is a flavorful excursion into the world of vegetarian cuisine.
- Presentation of each cooking method
- Easy-to-find ingredients
- Diverse dishes from simple to sophisticated
- Excellent color illustrations
- Exciting travel and food stories
- Book covers and pages need to be sealed better
- Some recipes are a bit difficult to make
- Some ingredients are not common, confusing
11. Vegetarian Cookbook for Beginners: The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook to Get Started by Rockridge Press
(Best For Beginners)
Many health problems will be solved when you apply the right nutritional menu. In particular, vegetarian food is a way to prevent many diseases. If you have just turned to vegetarian diets and are looking for a good cookbook for the newcomers, this book is for you.
The book suggests a menu for 2 weeks, including easy-to-cook vegetarian dishes at home. With 150 breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes, it’s easy to get started with this healthy eating method. The book provides great tips for making kitchen work light.
Authors compile this cookery book from Rockridge Press, publisher of several popular cookbooks. All content in the book has been thoroughly researched. Here, the door of beneficial vegetarian cuisine opens for you.
- Specific menus are easy to apply for beginners
- Formulas specifically describe and simplify the steps
- From main dishes to side dishes, easy to choose
- Provide kitchen tips to make cooking simpler
- Friendly ingredients, good support for weight loss
- Need more illustrations
- Fresh or dried ingredients should be specified
12. The 30-Minute Vegetarian Cookbook: 100 Healthy, Delicious Meals for Busy People by Lisa Turner
(Best For College Students)
For a busy person like a student, cooking alone is not easy. However, you can have your ingredients ready at the weekend and then make quick meals after work. That’s your creative suggestion from chef Lisa Turner.
Appreciating vegetarian cuisine and healthy eating, she wrote The 30-Minute Vegetarian Cookbook – a place for quick and delicious meals.
The book includes 100 recipes presented in each specific section. You can easily choose the right dish according to the following factors: oil-free, dairy-free, nut-free, and gluten-free.
You can learn to prepare ingredients in advance and store them in the refrigerator. The manual contains specific servings for each recipe. Preparation for cooking does not require too much time.
- This useful time-saving recipe for busy people like students
- Ways to stock up on ingredients to make cooking faster
- The layout of the book is clearly divided into categories for easy selection
- Nutritional notes for health benefits
- Some ingredients are repeated
- It should have more illustrations
- Paper quality needs to be improved
13. Whole Food Cooking Every Day: Transform the Way You Eat with 250 Vegetarian Recipes Free of Gluten, Dairy, and Refined Sugar by Amy Chaplin
(Best For Diabetics)
Sugar and dairy-free are the top criteria for choosing a dish for people with diabetes. In the new trend, vegetarian cuisine is a suitable choice. Try this helpful eating practice with the book Whole Foods Cooking Every Day, with all recipes free from gluten, dairy, and refined sugar.
This is the work of Amy Chaplin, a James Beard Award-winning author and inspirational chef about healthy vegetarian meals. She can guide you on how to create nutritious vegan family meals. All pages are beautifully presented with a clean layout.
The cookbook includes 20 chapters with 250 simple and nutritious vegetarian dishes. Based on seasonally selected ingredients, the book offers recipes that satisfy the taste buds. Vegetables, beans, seeds, and fruits are skillfully combined to create their own flavor.
Throughout this book are the guidelines on retaining the nutritional value of ingredients by properly storing them. The author also helps you save time with many useful cooking techniques and how to choose the right alternative ingredients to best suit your taste.
- Learn how to cook vegan base on fresh ingredients
- Recipes can substitute ingredients according to taste
- Guide how to store ingredients to retain nutritional value
- Basic techniques for cooking vegetarian dishes
- Save time with tips on cooking and storing food
- Beautiful presentation, clear layout
- Some ingredients are hard to find in supermarkets
- Some recipes need professional cooking skills
14. On Vegetables: Modern Recipes for the Home Kitchen by Jeremy Fox, Noah Galuten, and Rick Poon
(Best With Modern Recipes)
To have a delicious vegetarian dish, you need a lot of creativity. And if you find it difficult, learn from Jeremy Fox. As an award-winning chef with three James Beard nominations, Jeremy and culinary author Noah Galuten published the book On Vegetables.
“On Vegetables” cookbook shares with you 160 vegetarian recipes for modern times. All the cooking techniques in this cookbook are easy to do at home. The author subtly guides you on creating dishes and how to combine many ingredients creatively.
The rich flavor with an overpowering green color is characteristic of the dishes in this book. With artwork from photographer Rick Poon, all your vegan emotions are blown away. Using mainly vegetable ingredients, you will experience a breakthrough in your meals.
- Most recipes are easy to follow
- Useful raw material processing techniques
- A guide to combining ingredients that bring high nutrition
- Colorful photos to inspire you in the kitchen
- Some recipe list misses ingredients
15. Prashad Cookbook: Indian Vegetarian Cooking by Kaushy Patel
(Best By Chef)
Vegetarian cuisine from the northern region of India is famous for its fresh, farm-fresh ingredients. Growing up here, chef Kaushy Patel has a strong background in classic cuisine right in her family.
This is where Kaushy selects unique vegetarian recipes and writes the Prashad Cookbook. The book includes the secrets gathered over many years of serving diners. The book shares 100 recipes to preserve the traditional flavor of Prashad restaurant.
You can choose a variety of dishes for every occasion, suitable for a family meal, party, or street food. There are familiar and healthy ingredients such as beans, nuts, fruits, and some typical North Indian spices. These dishes are worth spreading for their taste and value.
- Share the full range of Prashad restaurant delicacies
- The book layout is clear and easy to follow
- The cooking steps are detailed and not too complicated
- Entirely plant-based ingredients
- Should add some new and creative recipes
- Some recipes need patience
Let’s look through all the pages of Vegetarian Indian Cooking: Prashad by Kaushy Patel!
16. Super Natural Every Day: Well-Loved Recipes from My Natural Foods Kitchen [A Cookbook] by Heidi Swanson
(Best For Families)
In cuisine, fresh ingredients from nature will make a healthy meal to build your body. In that spirit, New York Times bestselling photographer and author Heidi Swanson bring readers 100 quick and healthy meal recipes for the family.
As one of the 100 best home chefs of all time, Heidi shares his experiences of creating nutritious and delicious meals. The effortless technique takes little time to finish a scrumptious family meal.
If you are busy, then with this book, you will have the perfect plan for breakfast, lunch, dinner, parties, and snacks for picnics. Not only does the book contain stories that inspire cooking, but it is also presented for easy to read and remember.
The cooking method is refined and minimalist to preserve the freshness of the food. Books help you both save time and preserve the nutrition in your dishes. Your family can always eat delicious and healthy food every day.
- Minimalist processing techniques to keep food fresh
- Many dishes for each time, easy for you to choose
- Instructions on how to preserve food to keep its nutritional value
- Quick processing time suitable for busy people
- Include stories that inspire cooking
- Present beautifully, making it easy to read and remember
- Interesting art of food and travel
- Need to add a few more new recipes
- Not much information is available for professional chefs
17. Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison
(Best With Nutrition Information)
Proper vegetarianism will improve health and limit many incurable diseases. If you choose this diet, refer to the instructions from the book Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. Here are all the basics of cooking easy vegetarian food for the home kitchen.
Deborah Madison, a culinary teacher and founder of Greens restaurant, is the author of 9 famous cookbooks, including Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. This is one of the best cookbooks with the dishes’ nutritional content.
The book combines 1400 recipes with everything from easy to more complex. Whether you are a vegan already or just looking to innovate with your veggie dishes, here’s the right guide for you.
The book creatively combines foods from beans, seeds, vegetables, tubers, and seasonal fruits. There is a separate chapter on vegetables with nutritional information and how to prepare them. A guide to seasoning properly for the best flavor is also essential for beginners.
- A lot of recipes to choose from
- Diverse dishes suitable for each family and individual
- Useful nutritional information for healthy meals
- How to taste new flavors
- It is recommended to use a more common unit of measurement
- Some ingredients are hard to find in supermarkets
- Should add more main dish recipes
18. Charred: The Complete Guide to Vegetarian Grilling and Barbecue by Genevieve Taylor
(Best With Grilled Recipes)
If vegetarian dishes are only prepared by steaming, boiling, or sautéing, what is the way for the barbecue enthusiasts? In fact, it’s not just meat that’s suitable for the grill.
As a barbeque expert, Genevieve Taylor changes your mind when bringing vegetables to the fire. She turned them into a great barbecue.
Bestselling author Genevieve shares with readers 70 recipes in Charred, making it one of the most excellent BBQ cookery books ever. Based on vegetables, seeds, and fruits, the manual specifies methods for preparing and baking them.
The author divides this cookbook into sections according to each type of dish. That makes it easy for you to make your decision. The author creates the stimulants of smell and taste. Whether grilling over the fire or using the oven, you’re sure to have a delicious and healthy BBQ party with Charred.
- Completely plant-based ingredients for grilled recipes
- Economical and easy to buy materials
- Creative and delicious food combinations
- Instructions for making sauces and marinating
- Tips for effective food storage
- Beautiful and inspirational photos
- Some recipes may taste a bit unfamiliar compared to regular baked goods
19. The Heart Of The Plate: Vegetarian Recipes for a New Generation by Mollie Katzen
With the health benefits, vegetarian food has gradually become the main food of many people. Meeting this need, the book The Heart Of The Plate is a good suggestion for you about healthy food.
The book conveys a light, simple vegetarian aftertaste from the experiences of author Mollie Katzen. The ingredients are organic vegetables, tubers, and fruits to form the freshest flavor. The amount of nutrients is also abundant to take care of your body.
With the title “one of five women who changed the way we eat”, Mollie always radiates positive energy in every word. She personally illustrated the watercolors for The Heart of the Plate. Along with many brilliant photos like her dishes, this is an indispensable book for vegetarians.
- Beautiful pictures, artful watercolor illustrations
- Easy-to-follow recipe with few steps
- Safe organic ingredients
- Ingredient conversion techniques help dishes create creative variations
- The writing style is humorous, and the tone conveys comfort
- Some techniques are a bit difficult for newbies to the kitchen
See author Mollie Katzen talks about her vegetarian cookbook, The Heart Of The Plate!
20. The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook: 75+ Easy Meatless Recipes by Linda Larsen
(Best With Air Fryer Recipes)
Are you losing weight but don’t want to give up those melt-in-your-mouth fried foods? There is a solution for you in The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook. Here, entirely plant-based ingredients are transformed into delicious deep-fried dishes.
Seventy-five quick and easy recipes were compiled by Linda Larsen, the author of many best-selling culinary books. With a bachelor’s degree in nutrition, she focuses on preserving the nutritional values of each dish.
The Essential Vegetarian Air Fryer Cookbook is definitely the must-buy cookbook for air-fried recipes. This book recommends completely plant-based ingredients, easy to buy and preserve.
The special thing is that the book deeply exploits the uses of the air fryer. This appliance makes the kitchen work versatile and fastens your cooking time. Crispy fried food is irresistible and can keep the nutrition of your meal.
- The recipe is easy to change with other ingredients
- Useful notes to choose to buy and stock up on food
- Instructions on how to use and exploit all uses of the air fryer
- The processing time is speedy
- Nutrition information attached to each recipe
- Clear presentation of each section with beautiful visuals
- Some ingredients are hard to find
- A little difficult about the unit of measure in the formula
21. The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone: [A Cookbook] by Deborah Madison
(Best For Seasonal Recipes)
Using seasonal food and processing it most simply is a method of preserving the dish’s nutrition. Deborah Madison spreads this message to readers about the perfect vegetarian food for taste and health.
She is known for her culinary awards and many bestseller cookbooks, including The New Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone. The book suggests healthy meals for every family with 1400 classic shared recipes and 200 brand-new recipes.
Entirely from vegetables and fruits, each dish has an easy way to make and gives a distinct taste. The book provides information on how to combine the most basic ingredients.
The layout of the dishes and the guidelines for vegetarians and vegans all have full instructions. This is almost an encyclopedia for anyone who wants to start vegetarian cuisine.
- Beautiful cover design
- Basic information about vegetarian and vegan cuisine properly
- Lots of recipes for you to choose from
- Many new recipes are creative and suitable for most tastes
- Should add more illustrations
- Some recipes include milk and starch
- Some ingredients are not easy to find at the supermarket
22. Simply Vegetarian Cookbook: Fuss-Free Recipes Everyone Will Love by Susan Pridmore
(Best With Fresh Ingredients)
Seasonal harvest ensures freshness and nutritional value. Exploiting that, chef Susan Pridmore compiled The Simply Vegetarian Cookbook. Books provide you with delicious plant-based family meals.
The food is seasonal vegetables, tubers, and fruits from the countryside markets. Quick-cooking technique to keep the food fresh. With only 30 minutes, you will complete a nutritious dish for the family.
The recipe in the book is easy to adjust in terms of ingredients to suit people. As a blogger and culinary instructor, Susan knows the most effective way to have vegetarian meals throughout the week. You can comfortably make your favorite dishes no matter how busy you are.
- Seasonal ingredients ensure freshness
- Ingredients are easy to replace
- Quick-cooking time
- Simple steps, specific instructions
- Recipes divided by time and cooking method
- Many recipes contain cheese
- Need a few more kid-friendly dishes for a family meal
Let’s make a try on the Simply Vegetarian Cookbook: Fuss-Free Recipes to see how they turn out!
The questions and answers below will bring you more information about vegetarian cookbooks and diets:
My Top Pick
The value of vegetarian cuisine is indisputable. Try to experience it for yourself with the above books. Soon, you will see obvious improvements in your health and soul.
In Love Real Food: More Than 100 Feel-Good Vegetarian Favorites to Delight the Senses and Nourish the Body: A Cookbook by Kathryne Taylor, vegetarian cuisine is truly vegan-friendly as long as you know how to cook them.
You are free to organize fancy night parties or interesting outings. Above all, health remains optimal care. Let’s share this beneficial culinary practice and great vegetarian cookbooks widely!