What is the best springform pan in the world of many excellent baking pans for making dessert? If you haven’t found the answer yet, then it’s time for you to level up your baking project.
I often hold my breath when taking the baked goods out of the traditional mold because I don’t want to cause them to lose their original shapes.
Sometimes the cakes stick to the side and the bottom and make it hard to scrape after use.
One day, I found out about springform pans, and everything changed dramatically. As a result, I feel more enjoyment when baking yummy cakes for my family.
If you’re interested in this useful pan, keep reading for more practical and helpful information below.
What Is A Springform Pan?
Let’s find out about the definition of springform pan before continuing to the reviewing part.
Generally speaking, it’s a pan (round, rectangle, or heart in shape) made with a removable bottom and sides.
You can bind the sides together with the help of a bucket, a spring latch, or a clip.
It’s often used to make cakes with soft and delicate contents such as desserts made with mascarpone like cheesecakes, or ice cream cakes, or pudding mousse cakes.
Let’s watch to find out what a springform pan is and how to use a springform pan for baking:
Springform Pans Brands That Offer Excellent Products
These are the most reputable cookware brands that produce high-quality springform pans that you can turn to when in doubt.
- Nordic Ware: It’s well-known by both professional and home bakers because of its durability and functionality. People often have a high opinion of Nordic Ware products.
- Hiware: The products from this company are widely-used in restaurants and hotel kitchens. They are versatile and always come at reasonable prices.
- Instant Pot: This company makes products which are compatible with Instant Pot pressure cooker models.
- Wilton: It offers a wide range of products for bakers to choose from. Their bakeware is simple but effective. I especially love their cookware sets.
- Cuisinart: Cuisinart features well-made and thoughtful kitchen staples that make cooking become more comfortable. Their products are affordable and innovative.
Types Of Springform Pans
I’d like to classify springform pans according to material because it’s one of the most important factors which decides how good a pan is.
Steel is one of the most popular materials for cookware for many reasons.
Pans made from steel are often durable and heavy-duty. That means they are long-lasting and can be used without much care. Moreover, it’s more affordable compared to other models in the market.
If you are curious about carbon steel cookware’s safety, it’s a good material for frequently-used and healthy tools in your kitchen with good strength and shock resistance.
In terms of conducting heat, carbon steel seems to be much more effective than stainless steel.
When you bake in glass, it’s totally safe because it neither releases chemicals into your foods nor absorbs anything from them. It might take time to heat up but it can retain heat better than metal.
Due to its flexibility, you can find it easier to unmold baked goods after cooking. It also handles a wide range of temperatures from oven to freezer so it provides you more cooking choices.
What Are The Best Springform Pans?
The best springform pans are Nordic Ware, Meleg Otthon, and Perfect Cheesecake for its functionality, durability, and leakproof while Hiware and Farberware are affordable and widely-used.
Here is the list of the best springform pans in the market. Let’s discover their striking features.
- Best Overall – Nordic Ware 55742AMZ Charcoal Springform Pan
“9-inch pan, convenient, leakproof, effortless cleaning.”
- Best Budget – Hiware HI7SPCB Nonstick Springform Pan
“Stainless steel, heat-resistant up to 450℉ in an oven, double layer with nonstick coating, reasonable price.”
- Best for Instant Pot – Instant Pot Silicone Springform Pan
“Fits well in various Instant Pot models, well-designed clip for easier operation, 6.5-inch of diameter.”
- Best Mini – Wilton 4-Inch Set 3-Piece Springform Pan
“Three 4-inch pans, durable, able to try many different recipes simultaneously.”
- Best Square – Meleg Otthon Rectangle Black Springform Pan
“Rectangular springform pan, 100% leak proof, durable, and fast to heat up.”
- Best for Water Bath – Perfect Cheesecake Silicone Pink Springform Pan
“BPA-free food-grade silicone, a beautiful pink color, includes two convenient handles.”
- Best with Glass Bottom – Norpro 3939 9-inch Springform Pan
“Comes with a silicone ring and a glass base, able to handle high temperature, nice design.”
- Best for Cheese Cake – Blingtime 2 in 1 Instant Pot Gray Springform Pan
“2-in-1 springform pan for cheesecake, long-lasting use, nonstick coating.”
- Best Set – Wilton 2105-6808 Set 3-Piece Springform Pan
“Set of 3 springform pans with different sizes, made of steel, able to make cheesecake, quiche, pizza, and more.”
- Best with Ceramic Plate – Lekue 2412323R01M017 Red Springform Pan
“Convenient ceramic base both for baking and serving, red color, dishwasher-safe.”
Springform Pan Comparison Table 2023
It’s time to elaborate on 10 best springform pans, including dimensions, weight, diameter, material, and shape. I’ve arranged the main elements next to each other, so you can quickly tell the difference between these products.
|Best Springform Pans||Dimensions||Weight||Diameter||Material||Shape|
|Nordic Ware 55742AMZ Charcoal Springform Pan - Best Overall||9.12 x 9.12 x 3.13 inches||8.6 ounces||9-inch||Steel||Round|
|Hiware HI7SPCB Nonstick Springform Pan - Best Budget||7.7 x 7.7 x 3.1 inches||12.1 ounces||7-inch||Steel||Round|
|Instant Pot Silicone Springform Pan - Best for Instant Pot||17.5 x 17.5 x 6.5 inches||6.1 ounces||6.5-inch||Silicone, Tempered glass||Round|
|Wilton 4-Inch Set 3-Piece Springform Pan - Best Mini||4.75 x 6.25 x 4.25 inches||6.4 ounces||4-inch||Steel||Round|
|Meleg Otthon Rectangle Black Springform Pan - Best Square||14 x 9.3 x 3 inches||1.87 pounds||14-inch||Carbon steel||Rectangle|
|Perfect Cheesecake Silicone Pink Springform Pan - Best for Water Bath||10 x 12.72 x 2.99 inches||1.25 pounds||9-inch||Silicone||Round|
|Norpro 3939 9-inch Springform Pan - Best with Glass Bottom||9 x 2.5 x 9 inches||1 pound||9-inch||Silicone and glass||Round|
|Blingtime 2 in 1 Instant Pot Gray Springform Pan - Best for Cheesecake||7 x 7 x 2.6 inches||14.4 ounces||7-inch||Carbon Steel||Bundt|
|Wilton 2105-6808 Set 3-Piece Springform Pan - Best Set||3.2 x 10.45 x 10.45 inches||3.9 pounds||8-inch, 9-inch and 10-inch||Steel||Round|
|Lekue 2412323R01M017 Red Springform Pan - Best with Ceramic Plate||9.85 x 3.74 x 2.76 inches||1.7 pounds||9-inch||Platinum silicone, ceramic||Round|
Top 10 Best Springform Pan Reviews in 2023
Stay in tune to grab more information about each product, including the pros and cons of 10 best springform pans below.
1. Nordic Ware 55742AMZ Charcoal Springform Pan
Nordic Ware is famous for producing many high-reputed cake pans. And if you are looking for a 9-inch nonstick springform pan for your upcoming baking project, this Nordic Ware product might be the top candidate.
This stainless steel springform pan appears sturdy and durable; therefore, it is perfect for slow cooking. You can make various types of cakes with this convenient and straightforward pan.
When it comes to leakage, you can rest assured that this product also comes with a tight seal to prevent any spills when baking even in the oven or water bath.
What is more, the nonstick coating allows you to remove the baked goods effortlessly. The same goes for cleaning after use.
Not to mention, the easy-to-close and open bucket make everything become more accessible than ever.
- Made of stainless steel
- Charcoal color
- Nonstick non-toxic coating
- Responsive bucket
- Anti-spill pan
- Well-built springform pan
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to release
- Easy to clean
- The buckle is not made of stainless steel
- It’s not dishwasher-safe
|Dimensions||9.12 x 9.12 x 3.13 inches|
2. Hiware HI7SPCB Nonstick Springform Pan
Hiware HI7SPCB comes as an affordable option for baking lovers. With this springform pan, you are able to experiment with a lot of recipes such as cheesecake, mousse, tiramisu, lasagna, pecan pie, and more.
Featuring heat-resistant material, Hiware HI7SPCB can endure the oven up to 450℉. Moreover, you can remove cakes quickly by unlocking the stainless steel bucket and taking them out without any fuss.
With a diameter of 7 inches, this product is perfect for small batches of baked goods and suitable for newbies who want to improve their cooking skills.
Last but not least, it offers 50 pieces of parchment paper for extra convenience.
- Stainless steel springform pan and bucket
- Made from heat-resistant material
- 7-inch pan
- Double layer with nonstick coating
- Includes 50 pieces of parchment paper
- Reasonable price
- Great for small batches
- Dishwasher-safe pan
- Also suitable for pressure cookers
- You might need to coat the pan with cooking olive oil before using it for the first time
|Dimensions||7.7 x 7.7 x 3.1 inches|
Check out the video to find out if this product is for you!
3. Instant Pot Silicone Springform Pan
(Best for Instant Pot)
In case you are a fan of simple desserts cooked in instant pots, this springform pan is designed specifically for being used in variable pressure cooker models.
Due to 6.5-inch internal diameter, Instant Pot Silicone springform pan fits well in 5, 6, and 8-quart appliances such as IP duo60, IP lux60, IP lux60v3, smart 60, ultra 6, iplux80, IP duo80, IP csg60, and IP csg50.
The pan’s side is also constructed from food-grade BPA-free silicone, so it’s safe to use in Instant Pot while the base is made of tempered glass, which enables you to release the cake quickly.
Not to mention, the well-designed clip allows any family member to manage without guesswork.
What is more, this product can handle temperature up to 450℉ and is safe to put into the dishwasher after use.
- 5-inch of diameter
- Made from silicone and tempered glass
- Food-grade material
- Fits nicely in 5, 6 and 8-quart pressure cookers
- Safe to use in Instant Pot
- Easy to peel the pan off the sides
- Simple to remove baked goods
- Easy to clean
- You might need to handle it with care to extend its life’s use
- It’s easier for you to open the clip when the cake is still hot
|Dimensions||17.5 x 17.5 x 6.5 inches|
How to use a springform pan and Instant Pot to create many delicious dishes:
4. Wilton 4-Inch Set 3-Piece Springform Pan
If you want to make three different kinds of cakes simultaneously, I highly recommend the Wilton 4-inch set 3-piece springform pan. Since I bought it, I have had success with many quiche recipes for my family.
This product includes three 4-inch pans which are perfect for your cutie small-size desserts. Each is made of durable steel and seems to be built to last.
On top of that, the Wilton springform pan’s non-stick coating does an excellent job of releasing the food once it’s well-cooked. Therefore, you can keep the cake to stay as lovely as it tastes.
Although Wilton 4-inch set 3-piece springform pan is dishwasher-safe, the manufacturer suggests that you should wash by hand with warm and soapy water to maintain its original state as long as possible.
- Three 4-inch springform pans
- Minimalist design
- Made of steel
- Nonstick coating
- Easy for storage
- Able to try many different recipes simultaneously
- Sturdy and durable
- It might be leaky sometimes
|Dimensions||4.75 x 6.25 x 4.25 inches|
Click to watch more about mini springform pans from Wilton:
5. Meleg Otthon Rectangle Black Springform Pan
This rectangular springform pan is made for the family’s use. To be more specific, making a large batch of baked goods can serve a small weekend party. Once you’re confident with your skills, you might want to share it with friends and others.
The most important thing about the Meleg Otthon springform pan is that it’s 100% leakproof. Therefore, there will be no more soggy cheesecake.
Moreover, it’s made of carbon steel, which appears durable and fast to heat up. The nonstick coating contributes significantly to releasing the cake simply and quickly.
In conclusion, I think it’s a fantastic gift idea for baking lovers.
- 14-inch rectangle pan
- Made of carbon steel
- Nonstick coating
- Comes with removable bottom
- 100% leak proof
- Oven safe to 452 degrees Fahrenheit
- Larger size for larger cakes
- High-quality material
- Cleaning is quite relaxing
- Great gift idea for bakers
- It might be a bit difficult to open the bucket
|Dimensions||14 x 9.3 x 3 inches|
6. Perfect Cheesecake Silicone Pink Springform Pan
(Best for Water Bath)
Water bath is an undeniable excellent method to make a creamier cheesecake for your next cooking session. If you want to make sure everything goes smoothly without any water leakage, Perfect Cheesecake Silicone springform pan should be on your shopping list.
It comes with a bright and lovely pink color and is made of BPA-free, food-grade silicone. Additionally, this product can be safe to bake up to 400 degrees.
What is more, this pan can be reusable from time to time. That means no more extra money for tinfoil. It goes well with 9-inch, 8-inch, and 7-inch pan.
Last but not least, this item features two convenient handles so that you can carry it around in a safe way.
- 100% food-grade silicone
- BPA-free material
- 9-inch pan
- Includes two handles
- Able to bake up to 400 degrees
- Features trendy colors
- Easy to use
- It might be a bit small for some people who love making a large batch of baked goods
|Dimensions||10 x 12.72 x 2.99 inches|
Click to find out how amazing it is:
7. Norpro 3939 9-inch Springform Pan
(Best with Glass Bottom)
First and foremost, it’s made of high-quality material including silicone and glass. However, my first impression with this springform pan is its bright and modern color.
This nonstick bakeware could complement your kitchen style nicely.
Secondly, the removable silicone ring is suitable for variable cheesecake and ice cream cake recipes. It saves you time and energy to keep the cake in good shape before and after baking.
Thirdly, the glass bake is good at conducting and distributing heat so that the baking results might be excellent.
Not to mention, you can decorate, cut, and serve the cake in the same pan. That means you don’t need to move them to another plate for extra cleaning jobs.
- High-quality material
- Comes with a silicone ring and a glass base
- Red color
- Nonstick interior
- Able to handle high temperature
- Durable and flexible
- Complements your kitchen style
- Cleaning is a breeze
- It might be challenging to keep the side of the cake stay as straight as you expect
|Dimensions||9 x 2.5 x 9 inches|
8. Blingtime 2 in 1 Instant Pot Gray Springform Pan
(Best for Cheesecake)
Fancy for some delicious Bundt cakes? Blingtime 2 in 1 springform pan is one of your essential bakewares to make your wish come true.
This versatile product allows you to bake a regular cheesecake or a Bundt cake for your cream cheese sweet treats with ease since it offers you two different pans.
Featuring carbon steel material, this pan is made for long-lasting use. Moreover, the pan is constructed with a double layer for extra durability.
When it comes to taking the cake out, this product comes with a nonstick coating, so you don’t have to struggle every time you remove the cake from it.
Blingtime 2 in 1 springform pan is suitable for 5-quart, 6-quart, and 8-quart Instant Pot pressure cookers.
- 2-in-1 springform pan
- Made of carbon steel
- Features double layer and coating
- Able to make Bundt cakes
- Strong, durable and sturdy
- Quick to remove the cake
- Suitable for various models of pressure cooker
- You might need to wrap the bottom of the pan with foil to make sure no leakage to your cake
|Dimensions||7 x 7 x 2.6 inches|
9. Wilton 2105-6808 Set 3-Piece Springform Pan
If you want a full set of springform pans at a reasonable price, this Wilton 2105-6808 Set is worth trying.
This product offers 3 springform pans with different sizes: 8-inch, 9-inch, and 10-inch. In my opinion, investing in such a set like Wilton will be necessary if you have a large family or like to throw a party for colleagues and neighbors once a week.
With this bakeware, you are able to make cheesecake, quiche, pizza, and more.
Besides, the Wilton 2105-6808 set is made of steel with a nonstick surface. Due to that, you can release the cake and clean up after use in no time.
- Set of 3 springform pans with different sizes
- Made of steel
- Nonstick coating
- Suitable for family use
- Perfect for many types of cake
- Uncomplicated to use and clean
- Great for money
- Able to make a great batch of foods
- It might leak a bit, so you should cover the bottom with parchment paper
|Dimensions||3.2 x 10.45 x 10.45 inches|
10. Lekue 2412323R01M017 Red Springform Pan
(Best with Ceramic Plate)
Lekue 2412323R01M017 springform pan features a convenient ceramic base, so it’s kind of an oven-to-table pan. Not to mention, the ceramic material allows fast and even heating for the better quality of baked foods.
What is more, the side is made of platinum silicone, which is heat-resistant, oven-safe, and microwave-safe. This pan can be used for cold foods, and you can store it in the freezer to -76F.
Additionally, it’s coated with a nonstick layer, so you only need to cover it with cooking oil once before first use.
Moreover, you should cool down the cake before demolding it to make sure everything goes smoothly.
- Silicone ring and ceramic bottom
- Able to cut and serve with the ceramic plate
- Red color
- High-quality clip
- Able to make various recipes from hot to cold foods
- Made from durable material
- Looks nice in your kitchen
- Convenient when serving
- Easy for storage by folding it
- It might not be suitable for making chiffon cakes
|Dimensions||9.85 x 3.74 x 2.76 inches|
Discover how this lovely springform pan works:
Here are some features to consider if you want to find the best springform pans.
As an avid baker, I collect many springform pans of different sizes for multi-purposes and various occasions.
The size should match your actual needs. If you run a bakery shop, you should go for a larger size or a set. On the other hand, if you only bake for fun and aim to experiment with new recipes, you might want springform pans with small and medium size.
By knowing your priorities, you can save more money and also more space in your kitchen.
People often choose round springform pans because they appear versatile and easy to operate.
If you want to make changes in decoration, you might want to try other shapes such as rectangular and heart shapes.
As I have said in the first part of my article, you can choose steel, carbon steel, glass or silicone springform pan.
It’s up to your preferences to select the right material for your bakeware. If you need durable items, you should go for steel or carbon steel. If you want to save extra space in your kitchen, silicone pans won’t let you down. For people who appreciate aesthetic products, glass baking molds are always the top choice.
Some manufacturers have great confidence in their products and offer their customers with more than 10 years or even lifetime warranty.
While there are many companies which come with 6 months to 3 years of warranty.
Pan Features And Quality
For long-lasting usage, you should choose springform pans with rust proof material and nonstick interior. Moreover, it should be heat-resistant and anti-warping.
I prefer to clean the springform pan by hand but if you don’t want to do so, make sure to purchase the dishwasher-safe products.
Lastly, you might want to pay attention to the easy use of the latch because no one likes struggling to open and close the sides when the cake is still inside.
There are some popularly-asked questions about the best springform pans. Let’s find the answer to each of them.
My Top Pick
I have introduced you to a list of 10 best springform pan products in the market in my article.
And the winner product for me is Nordic Ware 55742AMZ Charcoal Springform Pan for its durability, functionality and ease of use.
If you need a more affordable product, nothing can beat the Hiware HI7SPCB Nonstick Springform Pan.
I hope you can make your selection and find your new favorite kitchen items for your baking hobbies or businesses. Share with me your feedback on the best springform pans so we can talk more later.
More importantly, don’t forget to like and share this article if it has helped you in any way!
Table of Contents
- What Is A Springform Pan?
- Springform Pans Brands That Offer Excellent Products
- Types Of Springform Pans
- What Are The Best Springform Pans?
- Springform Pan Comparison Table 2023
- Top 10 Best Springform Pan Reviews in 2023
- 1. Nordic Ware 55742AMZ Charcoal Springform Pan
- 2. Hiware HI7SPCB Nonstick Springform Pan
- 3. Instant Pot Silicone Springform Pan
- 4. Wilton 4-Inch Set 3-Piece Springform Pan
- 5. Meleg Otthon Rectangle Black Springform Pan
- 6. Perfect Cheesecake Silicone Pink Springform Pan
- 7. Norpro 3939 9-inch Springform Pan
- 8. Blingtime 2 in 1 Instant Pot Gray Springform Pan
- 9. Wilton 2105-6808 Set 3-Piece Springform Pan
- 10. Lekue 2412323R01M017 Red Springform Pan
- Buying Guide
- My Top Pick
Leave a Reply