It’s always essential to have a decent set of cookware in your kitchen so that you’ll have an easier time cooking delicious meals for your loved ones. However, it’s not always easy to come across a nonstick cookware that offers excellent performance.
Out of the many cookware brands out there, Scanpan is arguably one of the most noteworthy. This is not only because of their ingenious nonstick coating technology, but also the quality and durability that usually come with their products.
If you need some recommendations for the best products from Scanpan, then you should definitely check out this Scanpan review.
Scanpan Vs. GreenPan
If you’re out on the search for the best nonstick cookware, perhaps more often than not, you’ve heard of GreenPan. Since Scapan and GreenPan both seem like a viable option for your kitchen, maybe you’ll want to know the differences between them.
First and foremost, both of these brands utilize nonstick technology that has been proved to be healthy and free of toxic chemicals. However, the technologies that each brand uses are quite different.
GreenPan uses a coating surface known as Thermolon, which is a ceramic-like material. The Thermolon material shares the same composition as glass; therefore, it is completely free of PTFE, PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium.
Therefore, even if GreenPan cookware is accidentally overheated, it will not release any toxic fumes into your food.
On the other hand, Scapan uses a unique coating known as Stratanium+. This coating consists of ceramic and titanium, both of which are safe for cooking. Due to the materials, the Stratanium+ layer is renowned for being tougher than even steel.
Due to this, Scanpan’s nonstick coating is more resistant to scratch and chip damage. Furthermore, it’s more durable, and it also boasts a better heat resistance than GreenPan’s Thermolon coating.
Generally speaking, GreenPan’s cookware is cheaper than Scanpan’s. If you look carefully enough, you’ll stumble across GreenPan cookware set that is up to 50% cheaper than a similar set from Scanpan.
Scanpan cookware usually boasts a 5-ply construction that promises quick and even heat distribution. While GreenPan cookware also promises the same thing, it seems that the distribution of Scanpan is noticeably more superior than GreenPan.
Furthermore, many people note that Scanpan proves to be more durable yet more lightweight than GreenPan. It’s also worth mentioning that the handles of Scanpan are less prone to getting hot than GreenPan.
Scanpan Vs. Circulon
Another name that you might come across while searching for the ideal cookware is Circulon. Don’t be mistaken into thinking that the two lines of cookware are the same as Scanpan and Circulon are two vastly different brands.
On the one hand, Scanpan is most famous for their line of healthy nonstick coating. This brand is known for their healthy and durable surface.
At Circulon, they offer a broader range of cookware. This includes both stainless steel and nonstick cookware.
On the other hand, if you can’t decide between stainless steel or hard-anodized kitchenware, Circulon will ensure both with highest quality. Plus, Circulon is more famous for the raised circular patterns inside the cookware.
What Are The Advantages Of Scanpan?
One of the reasons for choosing Scanpan is that the nonstick surface of the brand is one of the best. In fact, it’s safe to say that the signature Stratanium+ coating of the brand is the best when it comes to durability and performance.
Furthermore, all Scanpan cookware boasts an excellent construction than can surpass the majority of its competitor. Scanpan cookware usually has a 5-ply construction that offers superior heat distribution as well as durability.
Last but not least, Scapan proves to be an environmentally-friendly choice. This is because the brand usually opts for recycled aluminum. Don’t worry, even though the aluminum is recycled, the material is still of top-notch quality.
Scanpan Comparison Table 2023
In order to help you find the perfect Scanpan cookware, I’ve compiled a comparison chart that should be able to inform you of all the information you need to know.
|Scanpan Reviews||Size||Material||Item Weight|
|Scanpan Professional Fry Pan 2-Piece Set - Best Overall||9.5 inches frying pan|
11 inches frying pan
|Ceramic titanium body, stainless steel handle||5.5 pounds|
|Scanpan Classic Frying Pan - Best Budget||8 inches||Ceramic titanium||1.76 pounds|
|Scanpan Classic Saute Pan With Lid - Best With Lid||2.75 quarts||Stratanium nonstick coating||3 pounds|
|Scanpan Professional Griddle - Best for Griddle||11 inches||Stainless steel handle||1 pound|
|Scanpan Classic Covered Saucepan - Best Saucepan||3 quarts||Cast aluminum, ceramic titanium nonstick||4.03 pounds|
|Scanpan CTX 11’ Fry Pan - Best for Induction||11 inches||5-ply construction with a satin finish||3.89 pounds|
|Scanpan Professional Square Grill Pan - Best for Grilling||10.25 inches||Stainless steel||3.83 pounds|
|Scanpan Pro IQ Nonstick Dutch Oven - Best Dutch Oven||6.5 quarts||Patented ceramic titanium surface||8.3 pounds|
|Scanpan 11-Piece Cookware Set - Best Set||8 inches fry pan|
9.25 inches fry pan
10.25 inches fry pan
12.25 inches fry pan
|Pressure cast recycled aluminum||23.4 pounds|
|Scanpan CTX Covered Chef Pan||12.75 inches||5-ply construction with satin finish and stainless steel exterior||7.22 pounds|
|Scanpan Classic 11-Inches Wok - Best for Stir Fry||11 inches||Pressure cast aluminum||3.3 pounds|
|Scanpan CTX Professional Covered Saute Pan||12.5 inches (3.5 quarts)||Aluminum||2 pounds|
|Scanpan CTX Covered Saucepan||2 quarts (also available in 2.75 quarts and 4 quarts)||Aluminum||2.88 pounds|
|Scanpan CTX Covered Deep Saute Pan||4 quarts||Stainless steel||5.72 pounds|
My Pick For The Most Impressive Cookware From Scanpan
Because there are many aspects to cookware, here are some of my suggestions for the best Scanpan product for each category.
- Best Overall – Scanpan Professional Fry Pan 2-Piece Set
“Ceramic-titanium infused nonstick surface, suitable for oil-free cooking, compatible with dishwashers, can tolerate the heat of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.”
- Best Budget – Scanpan Classic Frying Pan
“Great value for money, ceramic titanium-coated nonstick surface, compatible with metal utensils and ovens.”
- Best With Lid – Scanpan Classic Saute Pan With Lid
“Stratanium nonstick surface, 5-ply construction for better heat distribution, glass lid included, 50% more durable than previous models.”
- Best for Griddle – Scanpan Professional Griddle
“Suitable for cooking pancakes and grilled cheese sandwich, made from heavy-duty pressure-cast aluminum, oven-safe, ceramic titanium nonstick surface.”
- Best Saucepan – Scanpan Classic Covered Saucepan
“Ceramic titanium nonstick surface, suitable for making pan sauce and puree, made from heavy-duty cast-aluminum.”
- Best for Induction – Scanpan CTX 11’ Fry Pan
“5-ply construction, stainless steel exterior with a satin finish, compatible with all stovetops, dishwasher-safe, safe with metal utensils.”
- Best for Grilling – Scanpan Professional Square Grill Pan
“Stainless steel handle, titanium ceramic nonstick coating, made from high-quality squeeze-cast aluminum, best for glass and ceramic ranges.”
- Best Dutch Oven – Scanpan Pro IQ Nonstick Dutch Oven
“Suitable for all stovetops, patented ceramic-titanium nonstick surface, made from squeeze-cast aluminum.”
- Best Set – Scanpan 11-Piece Cookware Set
“11-piece set, compatible with ovens and dishwashers, made from pressure-cast aluminum, nonstick ceramic surface.”
- Best for Stir Fry – Scanpan Classic 11-Inches Wok
“Made from pressure-cast aluminum, ceramic-titanium nonstick surface, spring-lock handle for a secured grip, helper handle included.”
My Reviews For The Best Scanpan in 2023
Now it’s time to get into my Scanpan review. In this section, I will highlight all the most noteworthy aspects of a product to make it easier for you to make a decision. Without further ado, let’s get straight into the Scanpan review.
1. Scanpan Professional Fry Pan 2-Piece Set
“Do I really need a frying pan when I already own a good skillet?” My friend told me so when I recommended this product. However, there are things to tell apart from frying pans and skillets. But if you look for a perfect frying pan, here is an impressive set of pans from Scanpan.
Arriving with a toxic-free nonstick coating, the Scanpan frying pans will help you perfectly brown, sear, and deglaze your food with little to no problem.
A perfect choice, even for the connoisseurs, these frying pans will provide you with a performance that far exceeds what you can possibly imagine. A perfect combination of old cast techniques with the latest technology, the pans boast elegant lines.
Made from a core of robust squeeze-cast aluminum and forged with a pressure of up to 200 tons, the pans boast an optimal thickness that prevents them from warping. This means that the plans will always stay perfectly flat.
Furthermore, the pans both have a patented nonstick surface that is made with ceramic-titanium particles. The unique formula of the nonstick coating will ensure that the pans will stay nonstick for a long time without releasing any toxins.
- Ceramic-titanium infused nonstick surface
- Free of PFA and other toxins
- Suitable for oil-free cooking
- Compatible with dishwasher and metal utensils
- The pans boast an excellent heat distribution that promises excellent results every time
- The pans are made from high-quality aluminum for maximum durability
- The pans are of exceptional thickness; therefore, they are less prone to warp and dent damage
- You can use metal utensils on the pans without worrying about scratching the surface
- The pans are both compatible with dishwashers for effortless cleanup
- The pans can withstand heats of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, making them oven-safe
- The pans are not compatible with induction stovetops
|Dimensions||21 x 12 x 4 inches|
|Material||Aluminum and ceramic-titanium|
|Size||9.5 inches frying pan|
11 inches frying pan
|Heat Tolerance||500 degrees Fahrenheit|
2. Scanpan Classic Frying Pan
Cook delicious meals for your loved ones with this high-quality yet inexpensive frying pan from Scanpan. I’m sure that you’ll be able to braise, sear, brown, and deglaze your food like a true professional.
Boasting an impressive nonstick surface, this classic frying pan from Scanpan allows you to cook with little to no oil. This means that you can whip up healthier meals for a better lifestyle. Living healthy has never been easier with this cookware.
Furthemore, the nonstick surface of the pan is made from the ceramic-titanium coating. Therefore, you can rest assured that the pan does not contain any PFOA, PFOS, or any harmful substance that might pose a threat to your health.
Thanks to its durable nonstick coating, the Scanpan classic frying pan can go well with metal utensils. As a result, you’ll have more freedom in the kitchen because you can use whatever utensil you want on the pan.
- Minimize oil use
- Ceramic titanium coated nonstick surface
- Free of PFOS, PFOA
- Compatible with metal utensils
- Compatible with ovens
- The pan has a nonstick surface, which makes cleaning a breeze
- The pan is made from sustainable materials for a better lifespan
- Due to its excellent construction, the product promises superior heat distribution
- The pan boasts a patented handle that will not come loose over time
- The product has excellent heat tolerance; therefore, you can put it into the oven for more cooking options
- You need to precisely follow the producer’s instructions to preserve the pan’s nonstick surface
|Dimensions||14.76 x 8.27 x 2.36 inches|
|Heat Tolerance||500 degrees Fahrenheit|
3. Scanpan Classic Saute Pan With Lid
(Best With Lid)
A sturdy saute pan with best quality is an indispensable component of a cookware set. Why not perfect your cookware collection with a Scanpan pan, which is more than suitable for sauteing greens or braising chicken.
One of the most recent cookware from Scanpan, this saute pan is made with the brand’s latest Stratanium nonstick technology. As a result, now this saute pan boasts a far superior performance and durability.
Moreover, not only is this frying pan 50% more durable than the previous models thanks to the Stratanium coating, but this classic frying pan also has a five-layer system that allows the pan to be less vulnerable to corrosion and rust.
Due to its excellent nonstick surface, this classic saute pan can reduce oil use. Combining this with the nature of saute pans, this product will help you whip up healthier meals. Isn’t this such great news for my fellow health-conscious chefs out there?
Furthermore, this pan boasts an ergonomic handle that can stay cool even after directly exposed to direct heat. Also, the handle can provide you with maximum comfort, making maneuvering the pan, and serving heavy food a much easier task.
- Stratanium nonstick surface
- 50% more durable than previous models
- 5-layer construction for better corrosion resistance
- Reduce oil use
- Glass lid included
- The saute pan is made with the brand’s most recent Stratanium technology for better performance and durability
- Due to the improved technology, the classic saute pan has better heat distribution and conduction
- The improved nonstick surface of the pan can reduce the need for oil use, resulting in healthier meals
- The cool-touch ergonomic handle of the pan promises a secured and comfortable grip
- The pan has a glass lid, thus reducing the amount of heat loss
- The glass lid of the pan can make it easier for you to monitor the cooking process
- The pan is not compatible with induction stovetops
|Dimensions||18 x 10 x 2 inches|
4. Scanpan Professional Griddle
(Best for Griddle)
Grab this Scanpan griddle immediately, for you will definitely not regret it. One of the best griddles the world has to offer, this product boasts an excellent nonstick surface that is perfect for jobs like browning, braising, searing, and deglazing.
Sturdy and durable, this griddle will stay with you for years while promoting healthier cooking for a better lifestyle. Even better, the sustainable ceramic nonstick of the pan can last for at least two years before showing any sign of damage.
It can meet all of your cooking demands in the same way as your top-of-the-line pancake griddle does, making it an excellent choice for preparing delectable breakfasts.
Moreover, this griddle is made of heavy-duty pressure-cast aluminum. Therefore, the griddle is less prone to wrap and dense. Also, the construction of the pan provides quick and even heating.
This griddle also comes with a riveted stainless handle for a comfortable and secured grip. Therefore, you’ll be able to handle the pan like a real professional chef.
- Suitable for cooking pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches
- Made from heavy-duty pressure-cast aluminum
- Ceramic-titanium nonstick surface
- The pan has an excellent ceramic-titanium nonstick surface that can minimize the need for oil
- The griddle is made of heavy-duty pressure-cast aluminum that ensures impressive durability as well as quick and even heating
- Due to the construction of the griddle, it is less prone to damage and corrosion
- Being capable of tolerating heat of 500 degrees Fahrenheit, the griddle is compatible with ovens
- Dishwasher-safe for effortless cleanup
- The griddle might take a long time to heat
|Dimensions||19.50 x 12 x 3 inches|
|Heat Tolerance||500 degrees Fahrenheit|
5. Scanpan Classic Covered Saucepan
Whip up restaurant-like pan sauce and puree with this professional-grade saucepan. Made with the brand’s signature ceramic titanium nonstick coating, the saucepan requires virtually no fat, thus promote healthy meals and lifestyle.
Furthermore, the superior nonstick surface of the saucepan also allows it to be a perfect choice for browning and searing food. Not only that, but you can also feel free to use metal utensils on this sustainable saucepan.
Boasting a thick base and a body made from heavy-duty pressure-cast aluminum, this saucepan also boasts a quick and even heating. As a result, you can quickly cook your food and still gain the most consistent result possible.
Another reason you should choose this saucepan is that its nonstick surface is guaranteed not to blister and peel. As a result, you won’t have to worry about the coating of the pan reacting with your food and pose health risks.
- Ceramic titanium nonstick cooking surface
- Suitable for browning and searing food
- Suitable for making pan sauce and puree
- Made from heavy-duty pressure-cast aluminum
- The material and construction of the pan guarantee even and quick heating
- The saucepan enjoys an impressive nonstick surface that gives the pan more versatility
- The nonstick surface of the saucepan is durable enough that you can use metal utensils on it
- The saucepan is oven-safe, making it a suitable candidate for stovetop to oven cooking techniques
- You will not have to spend too much time cleaning the saucepan
- The glass lid of the saucepan is not very durable
|Dimensions||15.94 x 8.66 x 5.63 inches|
|Material||Ceramic nonstick coating|
6. Scanpan CTX 11’ Fry Pan
(Best for Induction)
Induction-compatible cookwares are hard to find, and it’s even harder to come across one with quality as good as this fry pans from Scanpan. With its premium 5-ply construction, the pan offers excellent heat distribution and quick cooking.
Aside from its impressive construction, this fry pan also enjoys a stainless steel exterior with a satin finish. Therefore, not only is the pan highly resistant to rust and corrosion, but it’s also beautiful and elegant in appearance.
Furthermore, this pan is compatible with both ovens and broilers. Therefore, you can easily move the pans from the stovetops straight to the ovens. Cooking food has never been easier with this fry pan, which is suitable for almost every heat source.
- 5-layer construction for better heating
- Stainless steel exterior with a satin finish
- Compatible with all stovetops, including induction
- Metal utensils-safe
- The pan is compatible with all types of stovetops
- The pan has a 5-layer construction that boasts excellent heat distribution
- The product enjoys a stainless steel exterior with a satin finish, making it less prone to rust and corrosion
- The nonstick surface of the pan makes it highly versatile
- You can clean the pan within seconds
- The nonstick surface of the pain is highly durable and sustainable, making it metal-utensil-safe
- The pan requires excellent care if you want it to last long
|Dimensions||18 x 12 x 3 inches|
|Material||Ceramic nonstick, stainless steel|
7. Scanpan Professional Square Grill Pan
(Best for Grilling)
Unlike other pan with a smooth surface, this pan’s surface looks like a quality panini press appliance. So if you’re feeling like having some quick grilled food, why not consider getting this grill pan, which will help you to whip up professional-grade grilled food with ease?
Cooking healthy has never been easier with this grill pan. Thanks to its nonstick surface, it requires little to no oil and fat. Thanks to this, your food will have a perfectly seared exterior without the oily fat.
This grill pan is made from robust squeeze-cast aluminum. For an optimal thickness, the pan has been forged into shape wit up to 200 tons of pressure. Due to this, the grill pan is less prone to wrapping and denting.
Because you can count on the pan to stay perfectly flat all the time, you’ll find that the pan works exceptionally well on the glass as well as ceramic ranges. Also, I’m sure you will appreciate how the pan can deliver even heat distribution throughout.
- Stainless steel handle
- Titanium ceramic nonstick coating
- Made from squeeze-cast aluminum
- Best for glass and ceramic ranges
- The pan has an excellent construction that prevents it from wrapping and disfiguring
- The product is dishwasher-safe for effortless cleanup
- The nonstick surface of the pan is of excellent quality, making it highly durable and sustainable
- The ergonomic, stainless steel handle of the grill pan will make it easier for you to maneuver the product
- Because the grill pan will stay perfectly flat all the time, it offers excellent heat distribution
- The grill pan might be a bit hard to clean by hand
|Dimensions||18 x 11 x 3.5 inches|
|Material||Squeeze cast aluminum|
8. Scanpan Pro IQ Nonstick Dutch Oven
(Best Dutch Oven)
One of the products from the brand’s innovative IQ line, this dutch oven is compatible with all cooking surfaces, including induction ranges. Thanks to this, you’ll have more freedom and flexibility in the kitchen.
Certified to be completely PFOA-free, this dutch oven enjoys a patented ceramic titanium nonstick coating that is suitable for metal utensils. This outstanding nonstick surface also allows for searing, browning, deglazing, and braising food with ease.
Furthermore, the specially formulated nonstick surface of the dutch oven will ensure that it will last a lifetime without peeling or reacting with your food. Due to this, you’ll never have to worry about having nonstick flakes in your dishes.
That’s not all; this dutch oven also boasts excellent materials. Made out of industry-leading squeeze cast aluminum, this dutch oven enjoys a sturdy body as well as a thick base that guarantees quick and even heating.
- Suitable for all stovetops, including induction
- Patented ceramic-titanium nonstick surface
- Made from squeeze-cast aluminum
- The product doesn’t contain any materials that might pose health risks to users
- The dutch oven is compatible with all stovetops, including induction
- The patented ceramic coating of the dutch oven ensures that even metal utensils will not be able to scratch it
- The nonstick surface of the cookware will not interact with your food in any way, shape, or form
- The dutch oven is made out of top-notch aluminum for excellent heat distribution
- None that I can think of
|Dimensions||15.25 x 11.3 x 6.75 inches|
9. Scanpan 11-Piece Cookware Set
If you’re hoping to find a cookware set to replace the old, rusty ones at home, then you’re in luck. With this cookware set from Scanpan, you’ll never need to repurchase another set.
This set includes a 10.25’’ frying pan, a 3-quart saute pan with a lid, three saucepans (1 quart, 2 quarts, and 3 quarts) with lids and one 6.5-quart dutch oven with a lid. With this simple set, you’ll be able to whip up various delicious dishes.
Made with innovative nonstick technology, this cookware set makes cooking and cleaning as easy as 123. Due to its fantastic quality of the nonstick surface, the set can minimize both oil and fat use.
Furthermore, all the cookware from this set is made from pressure-cast aluminum. Due to this, these cooking utensils all boast a decent thickness that will ensure durability that lasts with time and even heat distribution.
- 11-piece set
- Compatible with all stovetops, except induction
- Compatible with dishwashers
- The set includes all the basic cookware for cooking
- All the cookware from the set has an excellent nonstick surface that can last for a long time
- Due to the top-notch quality of the pressure-cast aluminum, the cookware set has excellent heat distribution
- With its thick base and sturdy construction, the cookware set is highly durable
- The cookware is quite easy to clean
- The handles of the cookware might not be very durable
|Dimensions||25 x 13.8 x 13.2 inches|
|Size||10.25 inches frying pan|
3-quart saute pan
6.5-quart dutch oven
10. Scanpan CTX Covered Chef Pan
If you’re in need of a chef pan with a fantastic nonstick surface and an excellent heat distribution, you’ll come to love this amazing chef’s pan. Boasting a premium 5-layer construction, this pan can offer you profession-grade heating.k
Made from aluminum with a stainless steel exterior, this chef’s pan has an elegant appearance. Furthermore, the stainless steel exterior of the pan will also ensure that it is less vulnerable to rust and corrosion.
Furthermore, the impressive construction of the pan will ensure that the chef’s pan can last for a long time. Also, the chef’s pan is compatible with dishwashers for easy cleanup.
- 5-ply construction
- Stainless steel exterior with a satin finish
- Aluminum core with a ceramic-titanium nonstick surface
- The 5-layer construction of the pan ensures that the pan can deliver even heat distribution within a short time
- The 18/10 stainless steel exterior of the pan will ensure that the pan is less prone to rust and corrosion
- Thanks to the innovative ceramic-titanium surface, the pan can reduce the need for oil and fat
- The nonstick surface of the cookware can reduce the time and effort need for cleaning
- The lid of the pan boasts excellent ventilation for better cooking results
- The pan might be a bit prone to scratching
|Dimensions||17.5 x 17.5 x 3.5 inches|
|Material||Aluminum with stainless steel exterior|
11. Scanpan Classic 11-Inches Wok
(Best for Stir Fry)
If you think your superior pan for stir-frying is the best one, here is another option that I believe you will be stunned by.
No more looking for the perfect wok with this fantastic cookware from Scanpan. Boasting a sturdy construction and an innovative design, the Scanpan wok is an excellent choice for stir fry.
Made from pressure cast-aluminum, this fantastic wok boasts a thick and sturdy body. Due to this, the wok can deliver quick and even heating. Therefore, you can easily whip up restaurant-grade meals right within the comforts of your home.
Additionally, the pressure-cast aluminum construction of the wok will also make sure that the pan will never wrap, blister, peel, or crack in any way. As a result, you can count on the fact that this wok will last for years.
Furthermore, this wok has a ceramic-titanium nonstick surface that is as durable as it is efficient. Thanks to this, you’ll find cooking and cleaning an effortless task.
- Made from pressure-cast aluminum
- Ceramic-titanium nonstick surface
- Spring-lock handle to ensure that it will never come off
- The pressure-cast construction of the pan can deliver quick and even heating
- The excellent nonstick surface of the pan makes cook and cleaning an easy task
- The wok’s patented spring-lock handle will ensure that the handle will not come off during use
- Thanks to its durable construction, the pan will not disfigure, even after exposed to direct high heat
- The pan has a high heat tolerance of up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- The wok’s size might be a bit too small for some people
|Dimensions||21 x 11 x 4 inches|
12. Scanpan CTX Professional Covered Saute Pan
If you’re looking for a professional-grade saute pan with a decent lid, then you’re in luck. With its elegant look and high performance, this covered saute pan from Scanpan will be a perfect addition to your set of cookware at home.
Completely free of PFOA and other harmful chemicals, this saute pan boasts an innovative nonstick surface that can reduce and eliminate the need for oils and fat. Also, the nonstick coating is sustainable enough that you can use metal utensils on it.
Made from pressure-cast aluminum with a touch of stainless steel, this large saute pan enjoys a sturdy construction. Therefore, it will always stay perfectly flat so that it can always deliver quick and even heat distribution for hotspot-free cooking.
Moreover, aside from the ergonomic handle, this saute pan also comes with an ingenious helper handle. Thanks to this, you’ll be able to serve heavy, hearty meals with next to no problems.
- Made from pressure-cast aluminum
- Ceramic titanium nonstick surface
- Ergonomic stainless steel handle
- Helper handle included
- The fantastic construction of the saute pan will make sure that the pan will never disfigure
- Because the saute pan will always stay perfectly flat, it can deliver even distribution with no hotspot
- The nonstick surface of the pan will ensure that you’ll have an easy time cooking food and cleaning the pan afterward
- The pan is compatible with dishwashers for easy cleanup
- The pan has a stainless steel finish that will prevent from corrosion
- The saute pan is a bit on the expensive side
|Dimensions||25 x 12.25 x 3.5 inches|
|Material||Aluminum with ceramic titanium coating|
|Size||12.5 inches (3.5 quarts)|
13. Scanpan CTX Covered Saucepan
A perfect choice for a saucepan, this product from Scanpan has an impressive 5-ply construction that promises professional-grade heat distribution. Thanks to this, you’ll be able to achieve perfect results when cooking.
Furthermore, this saucepan is compatible with all types of stovetops, including induction ranges. Moreover, you’ll have more cooking options and versatility when it comes to cooking with this saucepan.
Also, the CTX saucepan enjoys an impressive stainless steel exterior with a satin finish. Due to this, you’ll be able to cook with this saucepan for years without seeing any sign of rust or corrosion.
Furthermore, this saucepan is also compatible with both ovens and broilers. Thanks to this, you’ll be able to quickly bring the saucepan from the stovetops to ovens. Additionally, this saucepan has a glass lid that makes monitoring food an easy job.
- 5-ply construction
- Squeeze-cast aluminum made with 200 tons of pressure
- Stainless steel exterior
- Glass lid
- Compatible with induction
- The 5-ply construction of the saucepan can deliver professional-grade heat distribution
- Thanks to the stainless steel exterior, the pan is less vulnerable to rust and corrosion
- The nonstick surface of the pan will provide you with many cooking options
- The saucepan is dishwasher-safe for effortless cleanup
- The nonstick surface of the pan can minimize the need for oil and fat
- The pan requires gentle washing to preserve the pan’s nonstick surface
|Dimensions||14.5 x 7 x 4.5 inches|
14. Scanpan CTX Covered Deep Saute Pan
Making pan sauce and puree can’t get any easier than this with this impressive saute pan from Scanpan. With its innovative 5-ply construction, the cookware provides professional-grade heat distribution for the best results in cooking.
Made from an aluminum core with an innovative ceramic titanium nonstick coating, the CTX saute pan is for more durable than it looks. Combined with the stainless steel exterior, the pan will be able to stay within your kitchen for years to come.
Additionally, this saute pan also comes with a glass lid. Thanks to this, you’ll be able to monitor the cooking process of your food effortlessly. Even better, this pan is extremely easy to clean, thus reducing the effort need for cleanup.
- Provide quick and even heating
- Compatible with ovens and broilers
- Multi-layer construction
- Thanks to the 5-ply design, the pan can provide quick and even heat distribution
- The pan has a nonstick that provide quick cleanup
- Thanks to the stainless steel exterior, the pan is highly resistant against oxidation and corrosion
- The pan has a durable glass lid that enables easy supervision over the cooking process
- The lid of the pan is not very well-vented
|Dimensions||14.5 x 7 x 4.5 inches|
Scanpan Buying Guide
To ensure that you’ll get the best products from Scanpan, I’ll give you some tips and tricks for buying cookware from Scanpan.
It’s always smart to pay attention to the size of your cookware to make sure that the cookware is big enough for your requirements. Don’t just rely on the product’s photo alone, for a simple photo will not be enough to represent a product’s size accurately.
One of the most commonly overlooked features of a product, the cookware’s weight can determine whether you’re able to maneuver the pan with ease.
This will prove to be especially true if you have wrist or mobility problems; you’ll appreciate cookware with a reasonable weight.
Most of the cookware from Scanpan are all compatible with all stovetops, except induction. Only a few Scanpan products are suitable for induction ranges.
Therefore, if you want your cookware to be compatible with induction stovetops, make sure that the product you’re going to buy offers this feature.
The Lid Of The Cookware
If you want to be able to monitor while it’s cooking even with the lid closed, I’d recommend you to find a product with a glass lid.
However, you need to keep in mind that glass lid might not be the most durable option. It’s more prone to breaking or exploding than stainless steel or aluminum lid.
Another feature you’d want your lid to have is decent ventilation. A well-vented pot or pan will ensure that the cooking proceeds is of maximum efficiency.
On the other hand, some lids are too well-vented that you’ll end up losing quite a lot of heat in the cooking process. This means that you’ll have to spend more time and fuel to cook than you normally would.
Meanwhile, a poorly vented lid will usually make the broth you’re cooking spill out of the cookware. In some extreme cases, the pressure built within a poorly vented pan will cause the lid to fall out of the cookware.
To ensure that you use your cookware the right way, here are some tips and techniques that you might need to care for your Scanpan cookware.
How To Clean Scanpan Cookware?
As I’ve mentioned before, Scanpan cookware is completely dishwasher-safe. However, you need to pay special care when putting the pan into the dishwasher.
If you decide to clean the cookware by hand, remember to let the pan cool down first. Then use lukewarm water to clean the pan thoroughly. Don’t use any harsh abrasive on the surface of the pan. Also, you need to scrub the cookware as gently as possible.
How To Take Care Of My Scanpan Cookware?
To lengthen the lifespan of your cookware, you should follow the instructions below carefully.
First, you need to always heat your pan slowly. This means you need to put your pan on a medium heat source first and wait until it is hot enough to cook.
If you’re using an induction hob, do remember to be careful with the heating speed. This is because the fast heating speed of the cooking plate might destroy your pan.
Try to fry at a medium to ¾ heat; if you heat the pan any hotter, you might end up overheating the pan or burning your food.
Try to avoid rapid cool down. This means that you should wait for the pots and pans to cool down first before pouring cold water onto the cookware surface.
Is It Okay To Use Spray Oil On The Cooking Surface?
You can use spray oil on most of the cookware from Scanpan. The only exceptions are the Scanpan Classic and Professional.
In order to make you further understand Scanpan cookware, I will answer some of the most common questions about these products.
My Top Pick
When it comes to Scanpan products, my favorite one is definitely the Scanpan Professional Fry Pan 2-Piece Set.
With its innovative nonstick surface and premium construction, these two frying pans are an excellent choice for both professional as well as amateur chefs.
I hope that my Scanpan review has been enlightening enough for you to decide which one will be the next addition to your cookware set. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comment section.