Spices are indispensable in many families’ meals. Not only delicious and eye-catching for dishes, but spices also contain many healthy nutrients.
The former way of making spices was using scissors to cut or beat. Some families also use aids such as spice grinders. However, in recent years, families have tended to use a spice grinder, especially when necessary to prepare spices in large quantities.
Table of Contents
- What Is A Spice Grinder?
- Why Should You Own A Spice Grinder?
- Types Of Spice Grinder
- Best Spice Grinder Brands
- Spice Grinder Comparison Table 2021
- Which Are The Best Spice Grinders To Buy?
- Top 15 Best Spice Grinder Reviews in 2021
- How To Buy The Best Spice Grinder – Things To Consider
- How To Use A Spice Grinder
- My Top Pick
What Is A Spice Grinder?
A spice grinder is an indispensable tool for any kitchen. It is used to grind spices from large chunks into a powder for use in home cooking. This tool makes the grinding process simpler and more convenient.
Besides, spices are used right away to help ensure their most characteristic flavor. Moreover, also using a spice grinder also helps to crush spices without being splashed or stinging eyes. It only takes a few seconds for the spices to be ground as desired.
Why Should You Own A Spice Grinder?
Here are some advantages of spice grinder that make it easy to understand why you should own one:
- Top 15 Best Pizzelle Makers For The Money 2021
- Top 14 Best Bagel Slicers On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Egg Cookers To Buy 2021
- Top 15 Best Donut Makers For The Money 2021
- Top 12 Best Blenders for Green Smoothies To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Pancake Griddles On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Wall Mount Range Hoods To Buy in 2021
- Top 12 Best Greek Yogurt Maker Reviews in 2021
- Spices can be ground in a short time. Grind small, fine spice evenly, without the large seeds like traditional spice crushing methods.
- The spice grinder’s size is quite compact, completely does not take up too much space in the kitchen.
- You can easily move the spice grinder to many different positions.
- You don’t waste time installing the spice grinder every time you use it.
- Cleaning a spice grinder is quite easy because it has very few parts.
- It is possible to use the ground spice to keep the spice’s full flavor as soon as needed.
- Spice grinder’s design is quite eye-catching and diverse. It can also become an interesting kitchen decoration, contributing to the kitchen space more attractive.
- The selling price of spice grinders is not too high, so that every family can buy and use it.
Types Of Spice Grinder
Spice grinder comes in many forms, but they can be divided into two main types: manual and electric. Let’s look at the functions of each type to choose the spice grinder that is right for you:
Manual Spice Grinder
This is the spice grinder designed to rotate, turn the lever or push the knob up and down, which is a popular manual tool that many families choose to use today. You can grind the spice by rotating the top of the grinder with both hands.
In that way, enough force will be applied to make the lid rotate. Meanwhile, the gears or the inner blade will help you grind the spice. The spice will also be finely ground.
Electric Spice Grinder
Fast, convenient, and fast are the main advantages of an electric spice grinder. When you want to grind spice, you just need to press the button or press the lid, and the spice grinder can grind the spice instantly.
Not only that, you do not need to use your hand to rotate for too long or make an effort to crush spice like other manual spice grinders.
Best Spice Grinder Brands
You should choose brands that are highly appreciated by customers for product quality, prestige, and spice grinder selling affordable and suitable prices for your needs. Currently, there are many reputable spice grinder brands that you can choose from:
Since 1846, KRUPS has been marked by innovations, feats of bold and efficient household products designed to meet your needs. KRUPS continues to write its history through many famous productions, including the excellent spice grinders in terms of both quality and functionality.
With excellent customer service, iRainy guarantees all buyers 100% satisfaction; they will solve as soon as possible any problems you have with their products. And their spice grinders are no exception with their affordable price.
Focusing on quality and performance, Queen creates home kitchen products, including spice grinder with sleek, elegant, and convenient style. Their mission is to provide you with the best quality merchandise and fast action at a friendly price.
Spice Grinder Comparison Table 2021
Having passed the introduction, you probably already have a brief understanding of the spice grinder. Now, refer to the table below to see how the 15 best spice grinders I choose today have the same and different characteristics:
|Best Spice Grinders||Dimensions||Weight||Type||Blade’s Material|
|KRUPS F203 Coffee and Spice Grinder - Best Overall||3.5 x 3 x 6.75 inches||1 pound||Electric||Stainless steel|
|iRainy Pollen Catcher Herb & Spice Grinder - Best Budget||2.6 x 2.2 x 2.6 inches||0.25 pounds||Manual||Zinc alloy|
|Quiseen Q-CG001 One-Touch Spice Grinder - Best Electric||7.8 x 4.6 x 4.5 inches||1.65 pounds||Electric||Stainless steel|
|Golden Bell 4-Piece Herb & Spice Grinder - Best Manual||2 x 2 x 1.65 inches||3.2 pounds||Manual||Zinc alloy|
|Epica SYNCHKG101296 Easy Pouring Spice Grinder - Best With Removable Bowl||3 x 3 x 7 inches||2.14 pounds||Electric||Stainless steel|
|SHARDOR Removable Bowls Coffee & Spice Grinder - Best for Wet and Dry||3.7 x 3.7 x 8 inches||2.44 pounds||Electric||Stainless steel|
|Zip Grinders ZG-00011 Herb & Spice Grinder - Best for Large Amounts||2.5 x 3.2 x 2.5 inches||4.2 pounds||Manual||Aluminum|
|Cigamate 4 Pieces Rainbow Spice Grinder - Best for Small Amounts||2 x 2 x 1.9 inches||0.2 pounds||Manual||Zinc alloy|
|Secura SP7412 2-Blade Spice Grinder - Best for Nuts||8.9 x 8.43 x 4.8 inches||2.82 pounds||Electric||Stainless steel|
|Kuhn Rikon Adjustable Ratchet Spice Grinder - Best for Dried Peppers||2.5 x 2.5 x 9 inches||0.2 pounds||Manual||Not specific|
|Cuisinart SG10C Nut & Spice Grinder||5.39 x 5.3 x 9.05 inches||0.01 pound||Electric||Stainless steel|
|KitchenAid BCG211OB Coffee & Spice Grinder||3.8 x 3.8 x 8.8 inches||2 pounds||Electric||Stainless steel|
|Bazaar Anatolia Turkish 4.2 Spice Grinder||1.9 x 1.9 x 4.2 inches||0.4 pounds||Manual||Cast metal|
|Westinghouse WCG21SSA Coffee & Spice Grinder||3.4 x 3.4 x 7.4 inches||1.4 pounds||Electric||Stainless steel|
|KRUPS F2037501 Coffee and Spice Grinder||3.5 x 3 x 6.75 inches||1 pounds||Electric||Stainless steel|
Which Are The Best Spice Grinders To Buy?
In 2021, you might consider the best spice grinder to be KRUPS with its powerful engine, its ability to work quickly as well as its endurance. Besides, it is impossible not to mention iRainy with its affordable price but surprising efficiency and Queen with its compact design and ergonomic features.
To better understand the best spice grinder this year, let’s take a look at their highlight features below:
- Best Overall: KRUPS F203 Coffee and Spice Grinder
“Large and reasonable capacity, unique oval design, integrated safety feature, ideal for all types of spice, durable stainless steel blade, powerful engine, and work quickly.”
- Best Budget: iRainy Pollen Catcher Herb & Spice Grinder
“Light and durable zinc alloy, integrated scraper tool, detachable compartments, compact and smooth working, multiple colors to choose from, and affordable price.”
- Best Electric: Quiseen Q-CG001 One-Touch Spice Grinder
“Compact design, integrated safety lock, one-touch functionality, easy to use and cost-saving, durable stainless steel blades, easy to grip the surface, and transparent lid.”
- Best Manual: Golden Bell 4-Piece Herb & Spice Grinder
“Compact and ergonomic round design, heavy-duty, modern magnetic cap, whole zinc alloy design, reduce friction for smoother hand rotation, compact and affordable.”
- Best for Wet and Dry: SHARDOR Removable Bowls Coffee & Spice Grinder
“Ideal for both wet and dry ingredients, powerful engine, includes a 2-in-1 brush, quick grinding process, easy to use with just the lid press.”
- Best With Removable Bowl: Epica SYNCHKG101296 Easy Pouring Spice Grinder
“Compact design, 2 stainless steel blades, integrated security lock feature, powerful engine for grind any spices, removable bowl for easy cleaning.”
- Best for Large Amounts: Zip Grinders ZG-00011 Herb & Spice Grinder
“49 effective diamond-shaped teeth, come with a pollen scraper, pure integrated screen for spice catcher, high-quality aluminum material, and large capacity.”
- Best for Small Amounts: Cigamate 4 Pieces Rainbow Spice Grinder
“4-compartment design with thin poly O ring, hand crank, to grind, store, and filter the pollen, rainbow color iridescent, ideal for small spice amounts.”
- Best for Dried Peppers: Kuhn Rikon Adjustable Ratchet Spice Grinder
“Ideal for grinding dry pepper and spices, unique design with the ratchet, integrated smoothness change knob, easy to use, and reduce heavy work.”
- Best for Nuts: Secura SP7412 2-Blade Spice Grinder
“Two bowls with two integrated functions, prevent heat overload, integrated safety lock cap, strong & durable material, easily follow the grinding process.”
Top 15 Best Spice Grinder Reviews in 2021
Right now, you will learn more about the 15 best spice grinders this year through our key features, pros, and cons that we have prepared for you below:
1. KRUPS F203 Coffee and Spice Grinder
With a long-standing brand like KRUPS, their KRUPS F203 Coffee and Spice Grinder is arguably the best on the market at an affordable price.
This product’s powerful 200-watt motor determines its grinding speed. You can use this machine to grind spices, herbs, coffee, and even large nuts in seconds. Design with the blade made of stainless steel creates sharpness and durability for this item.
What’s more, this spice grinder’s ergonomic shape gives a look that will suit any kitchen design yet equally unique. This grinder has a large capacity of up to 3 oz, making it reasonable to grind enough spice for your meal.
Furthermore, built-in safety features ensure the safety of this item. The machine will not start until you cover the lid tightly. Besides, the manufacturer also offers a 2 years warranty for this item, so you can get it repaired or replaced if there is any problem.
Let’s see how excellent this spice grinder works in this video and make your choice!
- Large and reasonable capacity, up to 3 oz/85 g
- Uses a 200-watt power supply
- Unique oval design
- Integrated safety feature
- Ideal for all types of spice
- Durable stainless steel blade
- The powerful engine grinds all kinds of spices
- Works extremely quickly
- 2-year worldwide warranty
- Good price
- The bowl is not removable, so it is difficult to clean
- The power cord is a bit short, so it cannot be installed anywhere
- Not dishwasher safe
2. iRainy Pollen Catcher Herb & Spice Grinder
If you are looking for a compact and effective manual spice grinder at a good price, the iRainy Pollen Catcher Herb & Spice Grinder is ideal for you.
This item has a circular design with 5 pieces and 4 chambers. Made from zinc alloy, it is very sturdy and durable. Diameter 2.1” makes perfect sense for a wide variety of uses. In addition, the compact circular design makes it easy to grip and grind without difficulty.
This product’s lid is made of a very strong neodymium magnet, keeping it intact during the grinding process. The sharp diamond-shaped teeth make the grinding easy and smooth.
Besides, this item has two mesh screens to help create a consistent smoothness for the spices. Incredibly, you can remove this screen if you want a coarser final texture. A scraper is also integrated to collect spices and is easy to clean.
With iRainy’s excellent customer service and your desire for satisfaction, they include a lifetime warranty for this spice grinder.
See this Youtube review video to know more about this incredible spice grinder.
- Light and durable zinc alloy
- Design with 5 pieces and 4 chambers
- Integrated scraper tool
- The pieces are detachable
- Compact and smooth working
- Produces a smoother texture thanks to two mesh screens
- Easily hand-washed thanks to the scraper tool
- Multiple colors to choose
- 100% lifetime warranty
- Very affordable price
- May not grind well a large amount of spice
3. Quiseen Q-CG001 One-Touch Spice Grinder
If you are looking for a cost-effective electric grinder available in the market, the Quiseen Q-CG001 One-Touch Spice Grinder will help you. Its stylish design looks good with modern kitchen designs.
This product operates on 110 volts. The one-touch design makes grinding quick and easy. The built-in cold storage for power is located at the base, hiding any excess wires and giving a neat look.
With a relatively large capacity of up to 2.5 oz, you can grind any spice or herb in this compact and easy-to-use grinder. Furthermore, this item has a sharp and durable blade made of stainless steel. Plus, the safety lock is fitted on the lid for safe use.
Besides, the grippable design makes it convenient to hold on to the surface of the product. And the transparent lid makes it easy to see the texture of your spices for the best purpose.
Spare a moment to watch this video to see how to use this spice grinder.
- Capacity: 70g / 2.5 oz
- Compact design
- Integrated safety lock
- One-touch functionality
- Easy to use & cost saving
- Durable stainless steel blades
- Easy-to-grip surface
- The transparent lid shows the grinding process
- Many safety features
- Small design but not small capacity
- Ideal for crushing spices and small nuts
- The bowl is non-removable, making cleaning difficult
- Not dishwasher safe
4. Golden Bell 4-Piece Herb & Spice Grinder
This is the spice grinder with the most competitive price and the best quality within the manual grinder. Golden Bell 4-Piece Herb & Spice Grinder looks compact and stylish, and very convenient to use.
This spice grinder is made of super-durable zinc alloy with 4 pieces and 3 chambers. It’s also designed with a sieve filter to retrieve the best ground spice and a pollen sweeper to remove any residue.
Moreover, a sharp blade is also able to grind stubborn spices. Its circular design helps to ensure extremely quiet rotation thanks to reduced friction. Its lid is magnetically equipped for ease of use.
Further, this grinder is easy to store because of its compact size. This item is also available in many colors to choose from. Golden Bell offers a lifetime warranty and refund if you’re not satisfied with this item.
- Compact and ergonomic round design
- Heavy-duty with 4 pieces and 3 chambers
- Modern magnetic cap reduces spillage
- Whole zinc alloy design
- Reduce friction for smoother hand rotation
- Compact and affordable
- Good quality material and high durability
- Lifetime warranty / refund
- Not suitable for grinding large amounts of spice
5. SHARDOR Removable Bowls Coffee & Spice Grinder
(Best for Wet and Dry)
Do you need a spice grinder to grind both wet and dry spice? So consider SHARDOR Removable Bowls Coffee & Spice Grinder. This item includes two separate detachable bowls for both wet and dry ingredients.
The 2 blades are used to grind dry spice, nuts, coffee, and cereals, while the 4 blades are used to grind wet spice like basil, garlic, etc. The non-removable blade is attached near the bottom of the bowl.
Besides, this spice grinder’s powerful engine grinds all the ingredients into a fine powder within 20 seconds. Each bowl’s capacity is up to 70g, so you can freely grind any spice you like.
How to use this grinder is very simple. You just need to press the lid down to activate the machine. You can freely adjust the fineness of the spice; just release the lid to stop the machine. To make scraping easier, a 2-in-1 brush is included in the package to help you.
You can see how great this spice liner works in this Youtube video.
- Large capacity up to 70g
- Ideal for both wet and dry ingredients
- Powerful engine
- Includes 2-in-1 brush
- The grinding process is quick in just 20 seconds
- Easy to use by pressing the lid
- Easy to shave spice out after grinding thanks to the brush
- Removable bowl for easy handling
- Easy to clean in the dishwasher
- 2-year warranty
- May heat up after 30s
- High price
6. Epica SYNCHKG101296 Easy Pouring Spice Grinder
(Best With Removable Bowl)
A well-spiced meal is important for many people. If you do too, then the Epica SYNCHKG101296 Easy Pouring Spice Grinder might be what you need.
With a powerful 250 watt motor, this item gives you the perfect grind of spices or coffee according to whatever your needs. Its 2-blade stainless-steel blade helps to grind smoothly without leaving any large chunks. It is also durable and will last longer.
Besides, its compact 3.5” diameter design won’t take up much of your kitchen space. The transparent detachable lid helps you manage your grinding for the desired consistency. In addition, the built-in safety lock will keep you safe as well as the spices inside.
Furthermore, the bowl is removable for easy cleaning and safety with the dishwasher. This spice grinder is also surprisingly quiet so that it won’t disturb any family members.
The sole is specially designed to absorb impact to prevent slipping and keeps this grinder in place. Further, the cold storage at the base will hide the excess strings to bring a neat and glossy look to this machine.
You must see this review video to know how good this spice grinder is.
- Capacity: 70g / 2.5 oz
- Uses 250 watts of power
- Compact design with a diameter of only 3.5”
- 2 smooth stainless steel blades
- Integrated security lock feature
- Powerful engine for grind any spices
- The bowl is removable for easy cleaning
- The capacity is greater than most of the existing grinders
- Not leave large chunks of spice
- Easy and safe to use
- Not suitable for continuous use because the engine heats up
- You need to request a warranty from the manufacturer sometimes
7. Zip Grinders ZG-00011 Herb & Spice Grinder
(Best for Large Amounts)
Do you need a spice grinder with a larger capacity for more spice? Zip Grinders ZG-00011 Herb & Spice Grinder has 4 pieces and is twice the regular spice grinders’ size. And these compartments are also removable for easy handling and cleaning.
Besides, the design is very solid as it is made of neodymium magnets that are assembled together by a monolithic CNC machine. It has 49 teeth, shaped to make the grinding process smooth and consistent. Its rounded shape and precise curves make it easy to rotate it.
Moreover, when grinding also starts, spice drops into a transparent chamber. 100-micron mesh screen helps to filter the spice, so you achieve a smoother texture. In addition, this item comes with a scraper tool to remove any residue.
Furthermore, this grinder is designed to see your spice types grinding and stop at the texture that suits your purpose. This handy manual grinder requires no electricity and is very easy to use. It’s great for crushing any spices and herbs.
Click this Youtube link to see how useful this Zip grinder is!
- Grind up to 6 tablespoons of spice
- 49 effective diamond-shaped teeth
- Comes with a pollen scraper
- Integrated pure screen for spice catcher
- Using high-quality aluminum material
- Large capacity to grind more spice
- Easy to clean thanks to the removable compartment
- Highly durable and sturdy
- Refund if not satisfied
- The magnetic cap can weaken over time
8. Cigamate 4 Pieces Rainbow Spice Grinder
(Best for Small Amounts)
If you are in need of a nice little spice grinder to grind a small amount of spice each time, Cigamate 4 Pieces-3 chambers Rainbow Spice Grinder will be the right choice for you.
This product is designed with the thin poly O-Ring and comfortable hand crank for easily grinding and less friction. The sharp teeth makes smoother grinding, giving your spice consistency after grinding.
Its 4-compartment and 3-chamber made by solid zinc alloy allows pollen crushing, storage, and filtration. You can also see the full grind process from the transparent top section. Besides, it is ideal for grinding spices, tea, etc.
Moreover, you will certainly love this grinder’s unique iridescent rainbow color design. Bright colors add a stylish milestone to your kitchen. This is also an extremely compact product that makes it easy to store after use.
- 4-piece and 3-chamber
- Design with thin poly O ring
- Comfortable hand crank for easily grinding
- Crush, store and filter the pollen
- Ideal for a small amount of spice
- Less friction design and sharp teeth for smoother grinding
- The top part is transparent to observe when grinding
- Rainbow color iridescent
- Create a fashion milestone for the kitchen
- Extremely compact for easy storage
- Slightly small
9. Kuhn Rikon Adjustable Ratchet Spice Grinder
(Best for Dried Peppers)
Kuhn Rikon is an old Swiss company established in 1926. Hence, you can count on the Kuhn Rikon Adjustable Ratchet Spice Grinder as a reliable product.
Instead of spinning like other grinder designs, to use this item to grind, you just need to move the ratchet handle back and forth. This smart design helps relieve wrist pain.
Besides, this item also integrates a clockwise knob to change the spice’s smoothness according to your wishes. It is perfect for grinding dry pepper and other spices.
With this versatile grinder, you can easily fill the bowl by adding spice to the front door. You can also add the pepper and spice mix directly to the dish.
You can take a look at this review video to see how to use this spice grinder.
- Ideal for grinding dry pepper and spices
- Unique design with the ratchet
- Integrated smoothness change knob
- Works great with nuts
- Easy to use by pulling the ratchet up and down
- Reduce heavy work on your wrists
- Easily add spices to continue grinding
- Can be sprinkled directly on the dish
- 3 color options to choose from
- The bowl is not removable
- Difficult to clean the inside & not dishwasher safe
|Color||Black, red & white|
10. Secura SP7412 2-Blade Spice Grinder
(Best for Nuts)
In case you are not concerned with the price and looking for a premium product, consider Secura SP7412 2-Blade Spice Grinder. This item will help you do the job in a great way.
Comes with this Secura spice grinder are two stainless steel bowls, one for grinding and one for chopping. Its stainless steel body is luxurious and perfectly suited to every modern kitchen décor.
In addition, the base of this product is designed to wrap the wire around for easy storage and cleanliness. The transparent lid makes it easy to see the fineness of the spices inside while you are grinding. The one-touch switch design makes operation fast and safe.
The most special thing is this item is integrated with technology to protect the engine from overheating. This means the engine will automatically shut down if it gets too hot and will only restart after cooling down. In addition, This increases the life of the engine.
With a capacity of up to about 75 grams, you can use this item to grind spices, other large seeds, herbs, and coffee beans. What’s more, the integrated safety lock cover makes it easy to use. Cleaning is also easy as the bowl is removable and dishwasher safe.
Let’s take a look at this video to find out how to use this spice grinder.
- The capacity is relatively large, up to 75g
- Two bowls with two integrated functions
- Technology to prevent heat overload
- Integrated safety lock cap
- On / off switch is easy to use
- Grind all kinds of nuts, spices, and coffee
- Strong & durable material
- Easily follow the grinding process
- Sharp stainless steel blade
- Easy to clean and safe for dishwashers
- Maybe you don’t like its auto-off in a hurry
- The price is high compared to the general premises
11. Cuisinart SG10C Nut & Spice Grinder
If you’re looking for a handy, compact spice grinder and does the job superbly, the Cuisinart SG10C Nut & Spice Grinder can grind any spice and nut.
This grinder has a powerful motor that gives a steady grind to the spice in seconds. Furthermore, the one-touch button design makes the process easy to use for a wide range of users. The best part is that you can customize the blades to make the grinding smooth.
Besides, this item’s capacity is very large and can hold up to 90 grams of spices. Furthermore, the bowl is removable, and the dishwasher is safe.
- Can hold up to 90 grams of spices
- The blade is custom designed
- Easy-to-use one-touch buttons
- Ideal for all spices and herbs
- Convenient lid for easy storage
- Strong stainless steel body and blade
- Removable bowl for easy washing
- Durable thanks to the material
- Easy to clean – safe in the dishwasher
- The engine will shut down if it becomes too hot
12. KitchenAid BCG211OB Coffee & Spice Grinder
If you are looking for a spice grinder but also want to grind coffee? KitchenAid BCG211OB Coffee & Spice Grinder comes with two separate bowls, one for grinding spices and the other for grinding coffee. This prevents the scent from getting mixed together.
This item has a blade, and the jar body is made of stainless steel, making it smooth and quick to grind, and durable. This grinder’s motor works strongly, making it smooth quickly in seconds.
Besides, this product is designed with one-touch easy to use. That means just push the lid to start grinding and release the lid to stop. The transparent upper lid makes it easy to judge the spice texture you desire.
Moreover, the bowl’s large capacity is also able to store up to 4 oz of spices per serving. You will be provided with a 1-year warranty and will receive a new one in case of any problems.
- Huge capacity up to 4 oz for more spice
- Powerful 170-watt motor
- One-touch control by pressing the cover
- The bowl is removable
- Offers two different bowls.
- Integrate the measuring mark inside the bowl
- Durable and strong stainless steel blades
- Grind the spice quickly and smoothly
- The removable bowl makes cleaning easy
- 1-year replacement warranty
- Slightly higher prices
13. Bazaar Anatolia Turkish 4.2 Spice Grinder
Are you passionate about the classic style? Bazaar Anatolia 4.2 Spice Grinder with a classic design will bring a great feeling to your kitchen. In particular, you will receive a metal measuring spoon included with the purchase of this product.
Unlike other manual spice grinders, this item is designed with a lever used to rotate, making it easier for you to manipulate. With this spice grinder, you can grind all kinds of spices in small sizes.
Besides, this item has a blade and body made of high-quality cast metal. Incredibly, a screw attached at the top is used to adjust the spice smoothness according to your needs. Furthermore, you can directly use its bowl to sprinkle spice after grinding on the food.
Further, this item is completely made of metal so that it will be a healthy and very environmentally friendly choice. Its bowl also holds enough space for multiple uses. Moreover, this product is very small so that you can store or display it anywhere.
- The entire body and blade are high-quality cast metal
- The fineness can be adjusted as desired
- Ideal for small spices
- Metal measuring spoon included
- Classic beautiful and luxurious design
- A healthy all-metal option
- Compact but effective
- Easy to present and store
- 3 color options
- Doesn’t grind large spices well
- Not dishwasher safe
|Color||Gold, dark silver & copper|
14. Westinghouse WCG21SSA Coffee & Spice Grinder
Why should you choose this spice grinder? Westinghouse WCG21SSA Coffee & Spice Grinder has a stainless steel housing and blades for the most durable quality.
The container of this product can hold up to 2 ounces of spices. You can also take it apart and wash it in the dishwasher, saving you time.
Besides, this spice grinder is also equipped with a 120 Volt wire motor to grind everything from coffee to spices. The power cord is retractable for easy storage, and the lid has a locking function to help keep the device safe.
Moreover, this item also grinds coffee beans like spices. And while this product has no warranty to protect it from damage, it has a very low price to buy.
- Contains up to 2 ounces of spice
- Powerful 120 Volt wire motor
- Grind any spices and coffee beans
- The lid has a lock function for safekeeping
- Stainless steel blades for long-time use
- Powerful motor for faster action
- Safe in the dishwasher
- Good price
- No warranty included
- Cannot work with wet spices
- Spice powder may be spilled when opened
15. KRUPS F2037501 Coffee and Spice Grinder
With a beautiful design but equally effective, KRUPS F2037501 Coffee and Spice Grinder can grind spices from raw to smooth in seconds. The oval design and stainless steel blade ensure evenly ground spices.
With its powerful 200 watt motor, up to 3 ounces capacity, and stainless steel blades, you can easily grind any type of spice you want. Not only spices, but this versatile grinder also grinds coffee, nuts, grains, etc.
With a compact and ergonomic design, this will be an indispensable useful tool in your kitchen. It will also make space look much more modern and brighter.
- Capacity up to 3 ounces
- 200-watt motor is powerful and fast
- Ideal for many spices, beans, and coffee
- Easy-to-use oval design
- The blade is made of high-quality stainless steel
- Nice design and compact size
- Make a smooth and even spice
- Good price
- 1 year limited warranty
- There can be a burning smell while grinding
- Non-removable bowl
- Not dishwasher safe
How To Buy The Best Spice Grinder – Things To Consider
To choose the right spice grinder for you, please refer to the suggestions below:
Manual Or Electric
How frequent are your grind spice needs? Each time you need to grind more or less? If you are simply crushing a little spice for cooking, you can choose a manual grinder. This type of craft is very simple to use by hand, just insert the spice and rotate a few times.
But if you need to make more space, you will definitely need an electric spice grinder. You can choose to buy a multi-purpose electric grinder also to grind other kinds of coffee, herb, seeds, etc.
If your kitchen space is cramped, choose a spice grinder with a compact design to easily choose a kitchen storage location. In return, if your kitchen space is spacious and comfortable, you should still choose a larger size spice grinder to grind a larger amount of spice and faster.
Available in various sizes, from compact ones that don’t take up a lot of storage space to large ones with great performance, choose one that fits as easily as you can.
Besides, the capacity of the spice container before grinding should also be focused on. If the volume is too large for the frequency of use, the spice’s flavor will be blown away before using up. Therefore, you must choose a grinder capacity that suits your needs.
If your family has many members, often cooks, or runs a restaurant business, you should choose an electric spice grinder of large size. This way, you can grind larger and faster quantities of spice and grind salt beans, coffee beans, beans, etc., very versatile handy.
Conversely, if you do not have much demand, you should only buy a compact handheld spice grinder. This type is simpler and tidy, making it easy to use and easy to clean without wasting electricity.
The Type Of Spice You Need Grind
Not all spice grinders are suitable for all spices. Depending on the different spices that may appear in your recipes, choose the right spice grinder.
Hard and crunchy spices like pepper, cinnamon, coriander, or dry herbs like parsley, bay leaf, etc. are better suited for a hand-operated manual spice grinder. Wet and raw herbs and spices such as fresh ginger, garlic cloves, basil, or parsley will work with an electronic grinder, and you should clean them thoroughly after each use.
This is the most important factor to consider before buying a spice grinder. A powerful motor determines the grinding efficiency and grinding speed. For a larger amount of spice, you need a powerful motor to fine grind and shorten the execution time to just seconds. Manual grinders are obviously slower and require more effort than electric grinders.
When choosing a spice grinder, you also need to consider an important part is a blade. Some of the most common materials used in spice blades are stainless steel, aluminum, cast metal, etc.
Many types of spice grinders have a simple structure, making it easy to disassemble and clean. For some bowls that are not removable, internal cleaning will be difficult, so you need to be more careful when washing the grinder.
Easy To Clean
In addition, if the spice grinder’s body is made of durable material, you can wash it off with soap and water even if greasy occurs during cooking. For ceramic blades that do not rust easily, you can dry the product quickly, even when exposed to water. You should also consider dishwasher safe products.
Safe And Transparent Lid
Some spice grinders have a blade design at the bottom, while some have a blade at the top. Whichever type, you should choose products with safety covers.
The reason is that for a spice grinder with a blade at the bottom, the ground spice left on the blade will fall to the table or storage location after each use. Even when the blade is at the top, dirt can stick quickly and the blade if there is no cover.
Note that you should also choose products with transparent lids so that when grinding can control the spice’s desired smoothness inside.
When choosing to buy a spice grinder, you may also need to be mindful of the spice’s coarse or fine adjustment. You can choose to grind the spice raw or fine powder when using. If it’s for spice or marinating, we should grind it well. And when sprinkled for decoration, we should grind the raw seeds.
If you use it to put on the table, the raw crushed spice is enough to enhance the dish’s flavor. But the fine powder is much better for you to cook delicious and attractive dishes for the whole family. Therefore, if you plan on using a spice grinder when preparing your dishes, you should probably choose a product that can be adjusted with a coarse or fine grind.
How To Use A Spice Grinder
Depending on the type of spice grinder, the usage is also different. However, the general formula for using spice grinders is quite simple:
- Design the spice grinders always to have a bowl or part to hold the raw spice. First, you put the raw spice in this section. Then rotate your hand evenly, or press the lid or turn on the button to make the spice grinder work.
- The finished spice will be melted under the grinder; you just need to pour it into the spice box. It’s simple and extremely clean, guaranteed!
- You should store spice in glass jars as these can help retain the fragrance and ensure the taste of the spice was ground.
You can refer to some of the questions below to draw useful information for yourself:
My Top Pick
Hopefully, with the above information, you have had interesting information for yourself when you know which spice grinder is good. At the same time, we also know the advantages and disadvantages of choosing a quality spice grinder. Please apply the information above to find a suitable spice grinder.
For my part, I strongly recommend KRUPS F203 Coffee and Spice Grinder as the best spice grinder for its great outstanding features. Not only high capacity and powerful power, but this spice grinder also has a long life and extremely eye-catching design.
That’s my opinion. What about you? Please share with me your best spice grinder in the comments.