You and your partner are planning to go camping this summer. After reviewing all the camping checklist of experienced campers on the Internet, you realize that you will definitely need to buy a camping stove.
A good camping stove will help fill your stomach and make you feel comfortable; therefore, fill you with the spirit of adventure.
However, you do not know where to start to choose the most suitable product and avoid unnecessary risks when venturing into the wilderness.
My reviews will probably show you a shortcut and save more time, especially when you still have a lot of other things to prepare besides a camping stove.
Table of Contents
Advantages Of Using A Camping Stove
Here are some general advantages of camping stove:
See also:no posts found
- Quickly light the fire regardless of the weather outside, even in the wet or wind condition.
- Better cooking experience because food will be cooked evenly and avoid scorching.
- You can easily adjust the heat depending on the cooking materials.
- Leave no trace after cooking.
All in all, camping stove helps you save time and energy to enjoy more outdoor activities rather than spend time trying to light a fire and cooking.
Which Are The Best Camping Stoves To Buy?
You can skim through 15 best camping stoves I have listed to understand their outstanding features, then we will analyze in detail later.
- Best Overall – Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Camping Stove
“Trusted quality, stylish, bright color, two typical burners with powerful 20,000 BTU each, cook well in open space, especially in wind condition.”
- Best Budget – Coleman Classic Propane Camping Stove
“Comes with a friendly price, compact size and easy to carry around. Also, you can cook two 10-inch pans at the same time.”
- Best for Families – Camp Chef Explorer Double Burner Camping Stove
“Large cooking area of 448 sq. Inches, which is suitable for group cooking, comes with two powerful, cast-aluminum burners with total output up to 60,000 BTUs/hr, good heat dial system.”
- Best for Cycle Touring – MSR PocketRocket Camping Stove
“Weighs only 2.56 ounces, collapses to 2x2x3 inches, very powerful and can boil a liter of water in only 3 minutes, easy to adjust the flame.”
- Best for Car Camping – Coleman Triton Camping Stove
“Portable, lightweight, made of high-quality steel, accommodate one 10 inches pan and one 12 inches pan at the same time.”
- Best for Cold Weather – Etekcity Piezo Ignition Camping Stove
“Pocket size, made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel, built-in Piezo ignition system which allows quick ignition no matter what the weather’s like.”
- Best for Backpacking – Jetboil MiniMo Camping Stove
“Stylish and beautiful design, turn on the stove is so easy with just a push due to the built-in igniter, eat straight from the cup, cook well in open space.”
- Best Lightweight – BRS Ultralight Titanium Camping Stove
“A great gift for friends or family members who love to camp, almost takes no room in your pack, efficient cooking stove.”
- Best for Van Life – Coleman PowerPack Camping Stove
“Compact and efficient, offers 7,500 total BTUs of cooking power, heat evenly and easy to clean.”
- Best with Griddle – Coleman PerfectFlow Camping Stove
“Large grill surface of 130 square inches is enough to cook for a small group of people on camping occasions while the stove area can fit a 10-inch pan for more cooking options, with a total output of 20,000 BTUs.”
- Best Compact – Esbit Folding Pocket Camping Stove
“Made of electrolytic galvanized steel that is corrosion-resistant, compact and lightweight, forms two different positions for either cup or pot.”
- Best with Legs – Camp Chef Tahoe 3 Burner Camping Stove
“Powerful, heavy-duty stove for a outdoor group cooking occasion, large 608 sq. inch cooking area, detachable legs for easy standing in rugged ground.”
- Best for Boiling Water – Jetboil Flash Camping Stove
“Boils water with the lightning speed of only 100 seconds, goes hand in hand with 1-liter FluxRing insulated cooking cup, reliable pushbutton igniter.”
- Best Two Burners – Jetboil Genesis Basecamp Camping Stove
“10,000 BTUs heating system which can boil water in three minutes; compared to other dual-burner stoves, it appears much smaller and lighter.”
- Best Portable – Coleman Portable Butane Camping Stove
“Easy to install the gas cylinder and start to use, large base keeps the stove stable and sturdy, including carrying case for convenience.”
Camping Stove Comparison Table 2021
As you examine best camping stoves, it’s essential to go through some basic information about dimension, weight and fuel.
|Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Camping Stove - Best Overall||13.5 x 23.5 x 4.2 inches||12 pounds||No||Propane|
|Coleman Classic Propane Camping Stove - Best Budget||4.1 x 21.9 x 13.7 inches||11 pounds||No||Propane|
|Camp Chef Explorer Double Burner Camping Stove - Best for Families||34 x 14 x 29 inches||30.5 pounds||Yes||Propane|
|MSR PocketRocket Camping Stove - Best for Cycle Touring||5 x 4 x 7.2 inches||2.56 ounces||Yes||Isobutane-propane canister|
|Coleman Triton Camping Stove - Best for Car Camping||22.8 x 13.8 x 5.8 inches||10.1 pounds||No||Gas|
|Etekcity Piezo Ignition Camping Stove - Best for Cold Weather||3.5 x 1.8 x 2.3 inches||4.5 ounces||Yes||Gas|
|Jetboil MiniMo Camping Stove - Best for Backpacking||5 x 5 x 5.5 inches||14.9 ounces||Yes||Isobutane-propane canister|
|BRS Ultralight Titanium Camping Stove - Best Lightweight||3.2 x 1 x 5.5 inches||0.96 ounces||No||Butane|
|Coleman PowerPack Camping Stove - Best for Van Life||12.5 x 13.4 x 4 inches||2.2 pounds||No||Propane|
|Coleman PerfectFlow Camping Stove - Best with Griddle||21 x 13.5 x 5.6 inches||14.7 pounds||No||Propane|
|Esbit Folding Pocket Camping Stove - Best Compact||3.9 x 3 x 0.9 inches||6.3 ounces||No||Solid fuel tablets|
|Camp Chef Tahoe 3 Burner Camping Stove - Best with Legs||42.8 x 17.5 x 10.5 inches||46 pounds||No||Propane|
|Jetboil Flash Camping Stove - Best for Boiling Water||5.5 x 5.5 x 9.3 inches||1.3 pounds||Yes||Isobutane-propane canister|
|Jetboil Genesis Basecamp Camping Stove - Best Two Burners||9.8 x 9.8 x 4.6 inches||8.52 pounds||Yes||Isobutane-propane canister|
|Coleman Portable Butane Camping Stove - Best Portable||20 x 12 x 4 inches||4.68 pounds||Yes||Butane|
Top 15 Best Camping Stove Reviews in 2021
It’s time to look into the advantages and disadvantages of 15 best camping stoves products that I have found.
1. Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Camping Stove
What I love about this product are its trusted quality and stylish, bright color.
It contains two conventional burners with powerful 20,000 BTU each, which means you don’t have to wait for a long time for a meal to be served. The automatic igniter makes it very easy to use. However, it might be a bit difficult to control the heat as you want.
This camping stove offers pretty windproof design with two-sided windshields for cooking outside. The nickel-coated steel cooking grate is heavy-duty and built to hold your pots, griddles, and skillets.
The stove is covered with stainless steel, including the drip tray, so cleaning is a breeze.
Last but not least, you can definitely fold it down to compact size and carry around with a convenient handle.
- Two powerful 20,000 BTU burners
- Run on propane
- Three-sided windshields
- Automatic ignition
- Stainless steel drip tray
- Convenient carry handle
- Total output: 40,000 BTU/hr
- Easy to clean
- Easy to operate
- Powerful burners for quick cooking time
- Large cooking area
- A bit difficult to control the heat when cooking
- Plastic latches might be broken if you don’t handle with care
|Dimension||13.5 x 23.5 x 4.2 inches|
2. Coleman Classic Propane Camping Stove
You are probably familiar with this camping stove. Maybe your grandfather or your father had one in the warehouse and used it on every family camping occasion when you were a kid.
It measures 4.1 x 21.9 x 13.7 inches in size and weighs about 11 pounds; therefore, it’s perfect for storing in your car. When collapsing, it has a compact size and easy to carry around. Also, you can cook two 10-inch pans at the same time.
The stove appears well-built with wind-resistant panels, which are great for cooking outdoors. The two burners run up to 1 hour with 16.4 oz propane cylinder and have a total output of 20,000 BTU.
Coleman Classic Propane Camping Stove offers its customers a 3-Year warranty as a way to commit the product quality.
- Well-known brand
- Compact size
- Total output: 20,000 BTU/hr
- Wind-blocking panels
- Two adjustable burners
- Pressure-control technology for consistent heating
- Affordable price
- Easy to use
- Great for cooking in wind condition
- The two dials for burners might not work well to adjust the heat. They sometimes go to the highest settings only
|Dimension||4.1 x 21.9 x 13.7 inches|
3. Camp Chef Explorer Double Burner Camping Stove
(Best for Families)
This camping stove features a large cooking area that is suitable for group cooking. It comes with two powerful, cast-aluminum burners with total output up to 60,000 BTUs/hr.
The heat dial system allows you to maintain the ideal temperature for different dishes.
My first impression is that it can stand itself firmly on the ground with the support of 4 adjustable feet, which you can easily alter the heights to adapt with an uneven surface. Moreover, you can remove the feet whenever you need a tabletop stove.
The Camp Chef Explorer Stove is equipped with 3 ft hose, a bulk propane tank and regulator. It’s designed to be compatible with most 14 inches Camp Chef accessories such as cast iron grill griddle, Camp Chef dutch ovens, barbecue box, and SG30 griddle.
- Two cast-aluminum burners
- Total output up to 60,000 BTUs/hr.
- Cooking area of 448 sq. inches
- Three windshields
- Fully adjustable heat control dials
- Fits most 14 inches Camp Chef accessories
- Quick and easy to cook
- Nice and sturdy
- Stand stably on uneven ground
- Large cooking area for families
- The legs might be a little bit weak compared to the weight they have added to the stove. I recommend removing them if you don’t need them
- Because of its powerful burners, you should pay attention when cooking to avoid burning food and pots
|Dimension||34 x 14 x 29 inches|
4. MSR PocketRocket Camping Stove
(Best for Cycle Touring)
The first and foremost reason why cyclist chooses this product for his tour is because of its lightweight.
It weighs only 2.56 ounces, which is a dozen times lighter than other traditional camping stoves. It measures 4.8×4.8×3.6 inches open, collapses to 2x2x3 inches.
Do not let its appearance fool you because it is very powerful and can boil a liter of water in only 3 minutes. Also, it’s easy to adjust the flame from the highest setting to simmering mode depending on what you are cooking and outside weather.
It’s fueled by a high-performance isobutane-propane fuel canister, which is not included when buying the stove. This fuel canister is available across the country so you can buy from local stores during your cycling tour.
This camping stove is easy to set up and operate.
- Fully adjustable heating
- Boil a liter of water in only 3 minutes
- Fueled by isobutane-propane fuel canister
- Serrated pot supports offer stability for many kinds of pot
- Fast heating
- Easy to set up and operate
- Compact and minimalist design
- It might not be an ideal stove to cook under windy conditions
|Dimension||5 x 4 x 7.2 inches|
You might want to know more about this product here:
5. Coleman Triton Camping Stove
(Best for Car Camping)
Coleman Triton Camping Stove is made of high-quality steel, which creates stability that helps cook well on the unfavored surface.
With a total output of 22,000 BTUs, its burners have enough power to cook a quick and delicious meal to satisfy your hunger.
I love its large cooking area. As you can see, Coleman Triton Camping Stove is able to accommodate one 10 inches pan and one 12 inches pan at the same time.
In terms of suitability for outdoor activities, it contains two windproof panels for cooking in wind conditions. Moreover, the PerfectHeat Technology gets the temperatures just right as soon as you turn on the stove.
Two dial knobs support heat adjustment from simmer to boil for efficient cooking.
Last but not least, when folding, it’s easily be squeezed under a seat in your car.
- Total output of 22,000 BTUs
- Two powerful burners
- Made of steel
- Large cooking area
- PerfectHeat Technology for right temperature
- Sturdy and durability
- Easy to cook
- Easy to adjust the flame
- Cook well in wind condition
- Easy to carry around
- The gas pipe fitting seems to be thin and easy to get broke; you should handle it with care for long-lasting use
- You have to use lighter to ignite the stove
|Dimension||22.8 x 13.8 x 5.8 inches|
See how this camping stove work:
6. Etekcity Piezo Ignition Camping Stove
(Best for Cold Weather)
I was surprised to hold it in my hand and found it to be a perfect pocket-size stove. It measures only 3.15 x 2.36 x 1.81 inches in size.
This product is made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel, which can stand high temperature and weight. The four foldable, serrated and non-slip support arms keep many kinds of pot fixed when cooking. Also, it can handle up to 7-inch diameter pot.
With this camping stove, you don’t have to worry about starting up because it has a built-in Piezo ignition system which allows quick ignition no matter what the weather’s like.
The stainless steel gas burner is rust and corrosion-resistant for long-lasting use.
The control valve regulates the heating for a better and efficient cooking experience.
- Pocket size for convenience
- Made of aluminum alloy and stainless steel
- Serrated and non-slip support arms
- Handle up to 7-inch diameter pot
- Easy to adjust the temperature
- Cook well in spite of cold weather and high altitude
- The product may have a strong chemical smell
|Dimension||22.8 x 13.8 x 5.8 inches|
This video will explain details about this Etekcity camping stoves:
7. Jetboil MiniMo Camping Stove
(Best for Backpacking)
At first glance, I find it very stylish and beautiful. Orange color makes the stove more lively, energetic, and great for outdoor activities.
It can boil 16oz of water in only 2 minutes with half of the fuel compared to traditional stoves.
Jetboil’s proprietary regulator technology enables the flame adjustment from simmer to boil in a breeze. You can show off your cooking skills with many different camping dishes such as sautéing greens, simmering sauces, and more.
When you’re ready, turn on the stove is so easy with just a push due to the built-in igniter.
The product comes with a compatible FluxRing cooking cup, so you don’t have to buy any separate pot. You can eat straight from the cup thanks to its lower spoon angle design and rubber-coated metal handles.
- Nice and stylish design
- Boil 16oz of water in only 2 minutes
- Comes with FluxRing cooking cup
- Rubber-coated metal handles
- Convenient push-button piezo igniter
- Includes an insulating drink-through lid and measuring cup
- Compact size and quite lightweight
- Easy to operate
- Fast boil time
- Cook well in open space
|Dimension||5 x 5 x 5.5 inches|
8. BRS Ultralight Titanium Camping Stove
Are you looking for a lightweight camping stove for your next trip? BRS Ultralight Titanium Camping Stove might be your ideal option. Moreover, it can also be a great gift for friends or family members who love to camp.
The folding size is 1.5 x 1.5 x 2 inches, and the unfolded size is 3.2 x 1 x 5.5 inches. Therefore, it almost takes no room in your pack.
If you are not too picky about function, you can find this stove meet the minimum requirements, which are essential to cooking food for a few days camping.
Gas consumption is 140g per hour and the combustion power is 2700W. It can boil 1 liter of water in about 2 minutes 58 seconds.
Additionally, support arms with teeth shape design fit the bottom of pots and keep them fixed when cooking.
- Small folding size
- Run on butane gas
- Boil 1 liter of water in about 2 minutes 58 seconds.
- Gas consumption is 140g per hour and the combustion power is 2700W
- Support arms for stable cooking
- Ultralight and compact
- Great for outdoor trips
- Efficient cooking stove
- Use lightweight cookware to avoid bent support arms
- Ideal for solo trip, not for group cooking
|Dimension||3.2 x 1 x 5.5 inches|
Have a closer look at this block:
9. Coleman PowerPack Camping Stove
(Best for Van Life)
Find the best portable camping stove for your van life? My go-to product is Coleman PowerPack Camping Stove. It’s not only compact but also efficient.
This single-burner stove can accommodate a pan of 12 inches in diameter and offers 7,500 total BTUs of cooking power. Heat is delivered consistently due to the Coleman pressure-control technology despite the weather condition.
The 3-inch burner distributes heat evenly across your pan, plus the adjustable dial knob helps you control the temperature from simmer to boil for better cooking.
In terms of sanitation, the chrome-plated grate is able to remove for complete cleaning after use.
- Portable camping stove
- Removable chrome-plated grate
- Accommodate a pan of 12 inches in diameter
- Total output: 7,500 BTUs
- Pressure-control technology
- Dial knob for adjusting burner
- Compact design for fitting well in the van
- Simple to use
- Large burner spot for even cooking
- Easy to clean
- This stove might not perform well under windy condition
|Dimension||12.5 x 13.4 x 4 inches|
Find more information about Coleman Powerpack below:
10. Coleman PerfectFlow Camping Stove
(Best with Griddle)
Coleman PerfectFlow Camping Stove is a perfect combination of stove and grill. The large grill surface of 130 square inches is enough to cook for a small group of people on camping occasions while the stove area can fit a 10-inch pan for more cooking options.
Not to mention, the burners with a total output of 20,000 BTUs will ensure your quick and delightful meal.
Coleman stoves are well-known for its wind block panels, which allow campers to cook in windy conditions. Also, they can be folded down for use as side tables on calmer days.
PerfectHeat Technology is for saving more fuels while PerfectFlow pressure control technology maintain the heat stability.
This Coleman stove comes with a non-stick surface and removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Large cooking surface
- Total output of 20,000 BTUs
- Wind Block panels
- PerfectFlow pressure control technology for steady flames
- PerfectHeat Technology for saving more fuels
- 2-in-1 cooking design providing more cooking options
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use
- The control knobs might be a bit difficult to use
- In some cases, this grill and stove may not heat evenly so you should watch out for food lest it burns
|Dimension||21 x 13.5 x 5.6 inches|
11. Esbit Folding Pocket Camping Stove
I am very impressed with its compactness, and even if I do not go camping, I will definitely store it indoors or in the car for emergencies.
It’s made of electrolytic galvanized steel that is corrosion-resistant. That’s why Esbit stove can sustain after many years of use.
When folded, it looks like a slim rectangular box that you can easily slip into your pocket and carry around.
When cooking, you just open it and adjust the frame to form two different positions for either cup or pot.
The product comes with 6 smokeless, Esbit 14 g solid fuel tablets that will burn about 12 minutes each with each tablet able to boil 500 ml of water in about 8 minutes.
- Trusted German brand in making stoves and cookware
- Run on solid fuel
- Made of electrolytic galvanized steel
- Two different cooking positions
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to light
- Perform well in cold weather
- If you are smell sensitive, you might not tolerate the smell of solid fuel
- It might take more time and fuel to boil a cup of water than you expect
|Dimension||3.9 x 3 x 0.9 inches|
Esbit reviews clip for more information:
12. Camp Chef Tahoe 3 Burner Camping Stove
(Best with Legs)
If you need a powerful, heavy-duty stove for an outdoor group cooking occasion, my suggestion is Camp Chef Tahoe 3 Burner Camping Stove.
This stove has 3 cast aluminum burners with 30,000 BTUs of cooking power, each making total output up to 90,000 BTUs.
It offers a large 608 sq. inch cooking area; therefore, you will have more space to cook a large meal with various dishes at the same time. Group members can cook together and don’t have to wait long to get food.
The heat adjustment knobs work perfectly and making cooking as comfortable as at home.
Camp Chef Tahoe Camping Stove features detachable legs for easy standing in rugged ground to conveniently move it around.
- 3 cast aluminum burners with 30,000 BTUs of cooking power
- Able to cook for a group of people
- Large cooking area
- Three-sided wind panels
- Durable and sturdy stove
- Great for group cooking
- Easy to operate
- Quite heavy camping stoves
|Dimension||3.9 x 3 x 0.9 inches|
See more in this video:
13. Jetboil Flash Camping Stove
(Best for Boiling Water)
This stove can boil water with the lightning speed of only 100 seconds. With this Jetboil Flash, you and your companion’s morning coffee will be ready in no time.
Jetboil Flash Camping Stove goes hand in hand with 1-liter FluxRing insulated cooking cup so that you don’t need to purchase any pot and also keep the water warm for a while.
Its reliable pushbutton igniter allows you to turn on the stove easy as a piece of cake. Of course, no match required.
For absent-minded people, the thermochromatic heat indicator will change color to notify you of the boiling time.
The product includes a bottom cup that acts as a measuring cup and a bowl.
- Quick boiling time
- Pushbutton igniter
- Includes 1-liter FluxRing insulated cooking cup and a bottom cup
- Compact and lightweight
- Easy to turn on
- Compatible with a lot of Jetboil accessories
- It might be a bit bulkier than you expected for your outdoor backpacking trips
|Dimension||5.5 x 5.5 x 9.3 inches|
14. Jetboil Genesis Basecamp Camping Stove
(Best Two Burners)
Jetboil Genesis basecamp camping stove has 10,000 BTUs heating system, which can boil water in three minutes. Also, compared to other dual-burner stoves, it appears much smaller and lighter.
Therefore, if you are looking for a fast and compact folding two-burner stove, Jetboil Basecamp Stove will be your top choice.
Another highlight feature of this stove is that it can be easily adjusted to simmer mode to cook food easily.
The Genesis is designed specifically for Jetboil’s line of cookware, including the Jetboil Frypan, 5L Flux Pot, and more.
It comes with windscreen for better performance in open fields.
There is a carrying bag for protecting the stove and for easy taking it with you.
- Dual-burner stove
- 10,000 BTUs heating system
- Run on propane
- Automatic built-in igniter
- Integrated windscreen
- Easy to clean
- Easy to simmer
- Small size and lightweight
- Durable and sturdy
|Dimension||9.8 x 9.8 x 4.6 inches|
15. Coleman Portable Butane Camping Stove
This stove runs on butane instead of propane like many other camp stoves. It’s effortless to install the gas cylinder and start to use it. The large base keeps the stove stable and sturdy. Also, this product brings us a sense of safety.
It has 7,650 total BTUs of cooking power and fits up to a 10-inch pan.
Coleman’s instastart ignition will help start the stove in a split second, so you don’t have to use match again. It lasts up to 1.25 hours on one 8.8 ounces butane gas cylinder.
It’s very easy to clean the porcelain-coated grate while aluminum burner is rust-free for years of use.
You are able to control the heat when cooking by turning the knob around.
- Made of aluminum and porcelain-coated grate
- Run on butane
- Large base for stability
- 7,650 total BTUs of cooking power
- Fit 10-inch pan
- Including carrying case for convenience
- Easy to start by using instastart igniter
- Easy to clean
- It might not be an ideal option for cold weather
- It might be cracked or broken if you don’t handle it with proper care
|Dimension||20 x 12 x 4 inches|
The selection process of best camping stoves can be simplified by focusing on the following factors to help you decide what’s right for you:
Type Of Stove
Tabletop stoves are often lightweight and easy to carry around than freestanding stoves but are less powerful.
Freestanding stoves are usually large and heavy but much faster and higher-capacity than tabletops. Also, they can stand firmly on any ground with the help of four adjustable legs.
Type Of Ignition
Do you want an igniter or use matches instead? Of course, having a built-in igniter is far more convenient than a box of matches, especially when you are tired after a day of hiking. But those modern models are often pricey, so you should consider carefully before purchasing.
Cooking outdoors will be hard because the wind can blow out the fire, then you have to start a fire all over again, and also affects the overall taste of the dish. At worst, your dinner will be left cold or undercooked.
Therefore, if you plan on camping in windy areas, you should buy a camping stove with three-sided wind panels to minimise the struggle when cooking.
If you want to cook quickly, choose a stove with high BTUs but be sure to watch out to avoid burning food. Most camping stoves fall within the 8,000-30,000 BTUs for each burner.
Most of camping stoves run on propane. In fact, there are other options out there such as butane, liquid gas, unleaded gasoline, and white gas. If you intend to camp in cold weather, liquid fuel stove will serve your purposes better.
Size And Weight
It is up to you to decide how you should choose size and weight of a camping stove. If you go with a large group, it is impossible to select a single-burner stove; instead, it must be a 3-burner one.
In my opinion, you should write down what you want and then compare the features of each product to make a decision.
Let’s find the answer to your questions which you have in your mind about best camping stoves.
My Top Pick
My reviews have focused on 15 best camping stoves products in the market. I hope you find it helpful to find your suitable camping gear to keep the spirit of adventure high.
And my favorite product is Camp Chef Everest 2 Burner Camping Stove for its easy-to-use, portability, and functionality.
Don’t hold back your opinions and drop me a line about best camping stoves below.