Once you try out one of these best kitchen torches on your dishes, you’ll be instantly impressed by their sheer quality and ease of usage. Making dishes such as sous vide, crème brulee for your authentic French-based dessert at home now will get significantly easier with these torches.
If you’re having difficulties deciding what to get, you can count on my review for kitchen torches, which features a wide range of products to ensure that you can find exactly what you need.
What Are Kitchen Torches For?
Kitchen torches boast impressive versatility. Due to their wide temperature range, kitchen torches can be used for various dishes in the kitchen such as crème brulee, sous vide, vegetables, or peppers.
Besides cooking, kitchen torches can also be used to clean jewelry, DIY projects, soldering, braising, and welding.
For the reasons above, kitchen torches are considered to be a quite versatile tool, both in and out of the kitchen.
How Many Types Of Kitchen Torch Are There?
There are two main types of kitchen torches – refillable ones and detachable ones. Kitchen torches with a refillable design will allow you to fill more fuel into its canister once it runs out. On the other hand, detachable torch heads need a separate canister.
For refillable kitchen torches, it might take some practice to get the hang of refilling the fuel into them. However, refillable models are implemented with many safety features for optimal safety to ensure that nothing can go wrong while you use them.
On the other hand, while detachable kitchen torches might not be equipped with as many safety features as their refillable counterpart, the detachable ones will save you from the hassle of learning how to refill fuel. Furthermore, you can simply remove the torch from the fuel canister for safety.
Generally, refillable kitchen torches are easier to find than detachable ones. Nevertheless, this does not mean that you can’t find high-quality detachable torches.
Check Out These Famous Kitchen Torch Brands
As the demand for kitchen torches increases, more companies start to produce this kind of kitchen appliance. Here are some reputable brands that you can trust.
Iwatani Corporation of America is a part of a multi-national Japanese corporation. Founded by Naoji Iwatani, this global Group includes more than 250 companies worldwide. The American branch specializes in cooking products, ceramics, industrial gases, and more.
EurKitchen is an American company based in New York. The brand is well-loved for its professional-grade cream dispenser and culinary torches. As the name suggests, the company is dedicated to making kitchen tools that reach European standards.
Bernzomatic is among the biggest brands in the fire and heat industry. The company has been delivering top-tier torches of many sorts, lighters, fuel cylinders, and accessories since 1876. Not only are their products of the highest quality, but they’re also extremely durable.
Which Are The Best Kitchen Torches To Buy?
The best kitchen torches are the Sondiko and the Iwatani International. While the Sondiko is an outstanding product when it comes to refillable kitchen torches due to their high quality, the Iwatani is a top favorite detachable torch head, among even the professionals.
However, there are still many products worth checking out in my reviews for the best kitchen torches. Therefore, be sure to check out the shortlist below to quickly identify which product is ideal for you.
- Best Overall – Sondiko Refillable Butane Kitchen Torch
“Safety lock included, long angled nozzle and finger guard, piezo ignition technology, easy to refill and operate.”
- Best for Budget – TBTeek Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch
“Safety lock available, ergonomic and safe handle, made from durable aluminum alloy, piezo ignition technology included.”
- Best for Home Use – Authenzo Butane Kitchen Torch
“Versatile, gas dial for easy temperature adjustment, ergonomic and non-slip handle, highly durable and sturdy.”
- Best for Sous Vide – Iwatani International CB-TC_PRO 2 Culinary Kitchen Torch
“Adjustable rear knob for temperature control, one-touch piezo ignition, safety plate included, no need for refilling.”
- Best for Crème Brulee – Spicy Dew Creme Brulee Kitchen Torch
“Child safety lock included, suitable for various uses, ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, hand protection guard available, fuel gauge window.”
- Best for Professionals – EurKitchen Culinary Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch
“Made from heavy-duty materials, piezo press ignition, easy-to-control rear knob, sturdy base, compatible with long universal filling tips.”
- Best for Beginners – Tintec Culinary Butane Kitchen Torch
“Lightweight and portable design, extreme-temperature resistant muzzle, secure and ergonomic handle, removable metal base.”
- Best for BBQ – Kollea Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch
“Made from premium aluminum alloy, piezo ignition technology, continuous flame mode available, safety lock available.”
- Best for Baking – Jo Chef Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch
“Easy to use and maneuver, small and lightweight, safety locks available, gas window pane, ergonomic handle.”
- Best Propane Torch – Bernzomatic TS8000 Trigger Start Kitchen Torch For Cooking
“Auto ignition, ultra swirl flame, highly versatile, ideal for large-scale project, easy-to-use temperature control knob.”
Kitchen Torch Comparison Table 2023
You might want to check out this comparison chart for the best kitchen torches to make sure that you can quickly identify what you need.
|Best Kitchen Torches||Torch Type||Max Temperature||Warranty|
|Sondiko Refillable Butane Kitchen Torch - Best Overall||Refillable||2372°F/ 1300°C||18 months|
|TBTeek Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch - Best for Budget||Refillable||2500°F/ 1371°C||1 year|
|Authenzo Butane Kitchen Torch - Best for Home Use||Refillable||2500°F/ 1300°C||1 year|
|Iwatani International CB-TC_PRO 2 Culinary Kitchen Torch - Best for Sous Vide||Detachable||2700°F/ 1500°C||1 year|
|Spicy Dew Creme Brulee Kitchen Torch - Best for Crème Brulee||Refillable||2372°F/ 1300°C||3 years|
|EurKitchen Culinary Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch - Best for Professionals||Refillable||2370°F/ 1300°C||Not specified|
|Tintec Culinary Butane Kitchen Torch - Best for Beginners||Refillable, detachable||2500°F/ 1300°C||30 days|
|Kollea Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch - Best for BBQ||Refillable||2500°F/ 1371°C||24 months|
|Jo Chef Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch - Best for Baking||Refillable||2370°F/ 1300°C||90 days|
|Bernzomatic TS8000 Trigger Start Kitchen Torch For Cooking - Best Propane Torch||Detachable||3720°F/ 2504°C||30 days|
Top 15 Best Kitchen Torch Reviews in 2023
Let’s find out the best kitchen torches via this section of my review, where I will inform you of all the most important aspects of these products.
1. Sondiko Refillable Butane Kitchen Torch
If you want a reliable kitchen torch to brown the top of mac and cheese for your dinner on Saturday night, you can always count on this fantastic product from Sondiko.
Made from durable aluminum alloy, the Sondiko kitchen torch is highly sturdy and durable, thus offering you long-lasting performance.
To ensure that this torch will not pose any hazards to you, the brand has implemented it with several safety features. For instance, the product has a safety lock to ensure that you don’t ignite it by accident. Also, the long-angled nozzle and the finger guard to protect your hand from the flame.
Don’t worry if you’ve never used a kitchen torch before; this product from Sondiko is exceedingly user-friendly. With its refillable design, you can fill more fuel into the unit. With a simple swipe, you can quickly open the security lock and light the torch with Piezo Ignition technology.
- Safety lock included
- Long angled nozzle and finger guard
- Piezo Ignition technology
- Easy to refill and operate
- Thanks to the implemented Piezo Ignition technology, you can use the torch at any angle, including upside down
- The product allows one-hand operation for ease of usage
- The temperature regulator allows you to adjust the product’s temperature to your liking
- You can set the torch into a continuous flame mode to keep it firing without you touching it
- The product is fairly lightweight and portable
- Refilling fuel might be a bit hard at first
|Product Dimensions||4.7 x 2.2 x 6.1 inches|
|Item Weight||9.6 ounces|
|Color||Black & Silver|
In case you need to see this kitchen torch’s performance, I’ve included this informative video for you.
2. TBTeek Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch
(Best for Budget)
For a very reasonable price, you can get this fantastic kitchen torch from TBTeek. While its price may be low, its quality will far exceed your expectation. Equipped with a reliable safety lock, the product can ensure that you will not accidentally ignite it to prevent hazards in the kitchen.
To optimize your comfort while using the product, TBTeek has made sure to design their product with an ergonomic handle. Furthermore, this handle can keep your hand as far away from the flame as possible so that you’ll not burn yourself while operating it.
Additionally, the TBTeek kitchen torch also boasts a refillable design. Therefore, you can easily fill more fuel into the unit once it has run out. With its durable aluminum alloy body, the product can guarantee you a long-lasting performance.
- Safety lock available
- Ergonomic and safe handle
- Made from durable aluminum alloy
- Piezo Ignition technology
- The product allows easy and effortless temperature control
- With its wide temperature range, this kitchen torch boasts outstanding versatility
- This torch is fairly small in size and lightweight
- You can rotate the unit’s button clockwise to keep it firing continuously
- The safety lock is somewhat stiff
|Product Dimensions||3.94 x 1.97 x 3.15 inches|
|Item Weight||3.53 ounces|
3. Authenzo Butane Kitchen Torch
(Best for Home Use)
For a home-friendly kitchen torch with professional quality, you can count on this product from Authenzo. Favored by professionals and amateurs alike, this kitchen torch is suitable for a wide range of uses, like making sweet caramelized desserts, cigar lighters, meat barbecues, etc.
Equipped with a user-friendly gas dial, the Authenzo kitchen torch allows you to adjust its flame’s temperature to accommodate different needs. Furthermore, thanks to its security lock, you will not have to worry about accidentally igniting the unit.
Another feature about this product that you’ll definitely love is that it has an ergonomic and non-slip grip. As a result, you’ll be able to comfortably operate and maneuver this product for a long time without straining your hands.
- Gas dial for easy temperature adjustment
- Ergonomic and non-slip handle
- This kitchen torch is highly durable and sturdy
- This product from Authenzo offers great value for money
- You can also use this torch for making various crafts and arts
- The torch offers outstanding precision
- The product proves to be rather fuel-efficient
- The unit’s spark rock might not be very reliable
|Product Dimensions||5.12 x 2.36 x 6.3 inches|
|Item Weight||7.22 ounces|
4. Iwatani International CB-TC_PRO 2 Culinary Kitchen Torch
(Best for Sous Vide)
Arguably one of the best kitchen torches for sous vide, this product from Iwatani International will enable you to add more complexity to the flavor profile of your food. Furthermore, the product can also help you add professional-grade texture to the finish of your steaks, chicken, and veggies.
With its adjustable rear knob, the Iwatani kitchen torch allows you to alter the flame size according to your needs and preferences. Thanks to the one-touch piezo ignition, you can effortlessly turn this kitchen torch on in little to no time.
Furthermore, this fantastic kitchen torch from Iwatani also comes with a safety plate to make sure that the unit will not topple over. Thanks to its detachable head design, you can easily replace the empty butane canister with a new one instead of dealing with the hassles of refilling the unit.
- Adjustable rear knob for temperature control
- One-touch piezo ignition
- Safety plate included
- No need for refiling
- This kitchen torch is specifically designed for an easy and comfortable hold
- Exceedingly easy to use
- Built from high-quality stainless steel to prevent rust and oxidation
- Excellent stabilizing plate for user’s safety
- Lightweight and compact design for better portability
- Finding a canister replacement for this product can be rather hard
- Might not be suitable for tasks which require high precision
|Product Dimensions||17.78 x 7.62 x 3.81 inches|
|Item Weight||2.88 ounces|
5. Spicy Dew Creme Brulee Kitchen Torch
(Best for Crème Brulee)
Anyone who loves making mouth-watering crème brulee in their own kitchen will definitely appreciate having a kitchen torch as fantastic as this one from Spicy Dew. Boasting a high-quality performance, this product allows you to whip up restaurant-grade dishes right in your own home.
Favored by even top chefs, the Spicy Dew kitchen torch will help even beginners to make top-notch crème brulee with ease.
Furthermore, this product can also be used for various other purposes, such as searing meat, roasting veggies for side foods, toasting bread, melting cheese, and so much more.
Additionally, this kitchen torch is implemented with anti-flare technology as well as a reliable child safety lock to ensure that you can use the product without worrying about your safety. What’s more, this torch is made from heavy-duty materials for a considerably longer lifespan.
- Child safety lock included
- Suitable for various uses
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use
- The product has a hand protection guard to ensure that you’ll not burn yourself while handling the unit
- Thanks to its fuel gauge window, you can have a clear refill indication
- With one refilling, the product will provide up to 60 minutes of usage
- You can easily adjust the product’s temperature by turning its rear knob
- The product can’t guarantee continuous burn; therefore, you’ll need to reignite it occasionally
|Product Dimensions||8 x 2 x 6 inches|
|Item Weight||13.7 ounces|
6. EurKitchen Culinary Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch
(Best for Professionals)
For the most demanding chefs, I’d recommend the EurKitchen culinary kitchen torch. Recently upgraded for better quality, this product is a perfect choice for professionals as well as avid home chefs. Equipped with piezo press ignition, the product allows you to quickly light it up.
Thanks to its user-friendly rear knob, the product enables you to effortlessly control the intensity of the flame. With the fuel gauge, you can learn the current gas level in the can with a single glance. If the fuel runs out, you can refill more butane into the unit with surprising ease.
For your peace of mind, the EurKitchen butane blow torch comes with a gas flow safety lock to minimize the likelihood of risks and accidents. Additionally, this lock can also double-act as a mechanism to keep your flame going should you need it to.
- Made from heavy-duty materials
- Piezo press ignition
- Easy-to-control rear knob
- This kitchen torch features a sturdy base so that it will not topple over
- The product is compatible with long universal filling tips
- This torch is quite easy to use and operate
- The unit proves to be rather sturdy and durable
- Refilling the torch can be quite hard at first
|Product Dimensions||4.72 x 2.28 x 7.72 inches|
|Item Weight||11.3 ounces|
|Color||Black with transparent gauge|
|Materials||Aluminum, ABS Plastic|
For a closer look at this kitchen torch’s performance, you can watch the following video.
7. Tintec Culinary Butane Kitchen Torch
(Best for Beginners)
If you’re afraid that using kitchen torches might be too hard for you, this product from Tintec would be a suitable choice for you. Specifically designed to be user-friendly, the Tintec culinary blow torch is exceedingly easy to maneuver and operate.
Made from high-quality aluminum alloy, this product is surprisingly lightweight and portable. The torch is also covered with an ABS plastic handle to ensure that you can have a secure and comfortable grip on the unit.
What’s more, the Tintec butane kitchen torch is also implemented with a reliable security lock that can prevent accidental ignition. Moreover, the gas dial on the side of the torch’s body can make adjusting the intensity of the flame as easy as ABC.
Additionally, this fantastic torch is designed with a removable metal base. As a result, you’ll be able to take the product’s base apart so that you can attach the torch to butane cans.
- Lightweight and portable design
- Extreme-temperature resistant muzzle
- Secure and ergonomic handle
- Removable metal base
- You can easily turn the rear knob for continuous flame if you need it
- The product is highly versatile
- This kitchen blow torch is effortless to refill
- This unit is exceptionally durable and sturdy
- The flame produced by this product might not be large enough for some
|Product Dimensions||4.7 x 2.3 x 6 inches|
|Item Weight||9.8 ounces|
8. Kollea Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch
(Best for BBQ)
If you love holding BBQ parties or making sweet courses for your camping trip, then you definitely can’t miss the Kollea butane kitchen torch.
Highly efficient, this torch can yield flames of various intensity to accommodate your BBQ needs. Also, the safety lock on the unit will ensure small children will not be able to accidentally ignite it.
Made from an aluminum alloy of premium quality, this kitchen torch from Kollea can guarantee long-lasting performance. What’s more, thanks to its innovative piezo ignition technology, the product can allow you to light it up with the very first try.
Additionally, the Kollea butane kitchen torch also comes with a feature that allows you to lock the ignition button so that the flame will keep on going without you pressing the button. As a result, you’ll not strain your hand while using this product for long periods.
If you’re worried that you’re not efficient enough when it comes to barbecuing, you can have a look at these best barbecue books for detailed instruction on how to become a BBQ pro.
- Made from premium aluminum alloy
- Piezo ignition technology
- Continuous flame mode available
- Safety lock available
- This unit is compatible with virtually any butane gas canister with a long nozzle
- Aside from cooking, you can also use this product for cleaning jewelry, crafting, and soldering
- The product is rather lightweight and easy to maneuver
- This blow torch offers outstanding value for money
- The unit is rather fuel-effective
- It’s difficult to gauge how much fuel is left in the product
|Product Dimensions||4 x 2 x 6 inches|
|Item Weight||0.49 pound|
|Color||Red and Silver|
|Materials||Aluminum alloy, plastic|
9. Jo Chef Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch
(Best for Baking)
Whether you’re a professional baker or simply a novice, this kitchen blow torch from Jo Chef will prove to be a great addition to your bakeware set. Small and lightweight but exceptionally efficient, this torch will help you achieve perfect flaming temperature for your various baked goods.
Equipped with various safety locks, the Jo Chef blowtorch will ensure that there’s virtually no chance that accidental ignitions can happen. Furthermore, this product also comes with a flame adjustment knob so that you can easily alter its temperature to your liking.
What’s more, this product is equipped with a gas window pane to let you easily gauge how much fuel is left in the unit. As a result, you’ll never have to worry about unknowing, letting your blowtorch run completely out of butane.
In case you need more tools for decorating your baked goods, I’d recommend that you check out these best airbrushes for cake decorating.
- Easy to use and maneuver
- Small and lightweight
- Safety locks available
- Gas windowpane
- Designed with an ergonomic handle
- Can offer great value for money
- Nice enough to be given as gifts
- Outstanding versatility
- It might take some time and practice to get used to filing fuel into this product
|Product Dimensions||1.8 x 5.3 x 7.4 inches|
|Item Weight||11.4 ounces|
To make sure that you know how to use their product properly, Jo Chef has made this video for you.
11. Bernzomatic TS8000 Trigger Start Kitchen Torch For Cooking
(Best Propane Torch)
If you prefer something more versatile and ideal for professional use, you can check out this fantastic blow torch head from Bernzomatic. Highly durable and exceedingly innovative, the Bernzomatic TS8000 boasts an automatic ignition that can easily ignite and extinguish flames.
Equipped with ultra swirl flame, the TS8000 can provide optimal heat output in case you need to work on a large-scale project. Additionally, this maximum heat output also gives the unit more versatility, meaning that you can use it for other tasks such as brazing, welding, or soldering.
Furthermore, for optimal durability, the brand has made sure to build the unit with premium-quality cast aluminum. As a result, you can expect long-lasting performance from the Bernzomatic TS8000. Also, the easy-to-use control knob can guarantee effortless temperature control and adjustment.
- Auto ignition
- Ultra swirl flame
- Highly versatile
- Ideal for large-scale project
- An easy-to-use temperature control knob
- The unit has a run-lock button that enables continuous flame use
- The product is pressure regulated, meaning that it can promise consistent performance, even when it’s tilted
- This torch proves to be rather fuel-efficient
- Suitable for tasks which requires precision
- Excellent heat output to tackle a wide range of tasks
- This product is not suitable for novice users
|Product Dimensions||1.91 x 5.25 x 12.25 inches|
|Item Weight||1.2 pounds|
What You Need To Look For When Buying Kitchen Torches?
You need to pay attention to several factors when buying kitchen torches to make sure that you can find the most suitable one for you. If you’re not sure what aspects you should keep a close eye on, here are some tips and advice for you.
Kitchen torches should have safety features to prevent possible accidents and hazards in the kitchen. Therefore, you should always choose products that are implemented with at least one safety feature.
In cases of torch heads, they usually don’t have a safety lock to prevent accidental ignition. However, because you can easily detach the torch head from the butane canister, you don’t have to worry too much if your torch heads don’t have a safety feature.
Furthermore, if you’re afraid that you might accidentally burn yourself while handing a kitchen torch, you can also choose models that are implemented with a finger guard for extra safety.
Another important feature that a kitchen torch should have is a sturdy base, which is extremely useful in preventing the unit from toppling over.
Because kitchen torches are a somewhat dangerous device, you should choose products that boast an ergonomic design. Why? Because a kitchen torch with an ergonomic handle will provide you with a comfortable and secure grip, thus making sure that you don’t drop it by accident.
Similarly, the kitchen torch should not be overly heavy because it will be more likely to strain your hands and wrists. Therefore, be sure to look for products made from durable but lightweight material.
Another essential feature a kitchen torch should have is an adjustable control for flame intensity. This will allow you to easily alter the product’s temperature to accommodate your various needs.
In case you find kitchen torches confusing, here are the answers to the most common questions one may have when buying these products.
My Top Pick
After going through all the products mentioned above, I’ve come to decide that my top pick for the best kitchen torch is the Sondiko Butane Kitchen Torch. This torch offers a decent temperature range and several safety features to ensure that it can’t cause any accident in your kitchen.
As for the most bang-for-your-buck option, no other torches can beat the TBTeek Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch.
I hope that you’ve found the ideal kitchen torch for yourself. If you need anything, feel free to let me know via the comment section.
Table of Contents
- What Are Kitchen Torches For?
- How Many Types Of Kitchen Torch Are There?
- Check Out These Famous Kitchen Torch Brands
- Which Are The Best Kitchen Torches To Buy?
- Kitchen Torch Comparison Table 2023
- Top 15 Best Kitchen Torch Reviews in 2023
- 1. Sondiko Refillable Butane Kitchen Torch
- 2. TBTeek Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch
- 3. Authenzo Butane Kitchen Torch
- 4. Iwatani International CB-TC_PRO 2 Culinary Kitchen Torch
- 5. Spicy Dew Creme Brulee Kitchen Torch
- 6. EurKitchen Culinary Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch
- 7. Tintec Culinary Butane Kitchen Torch
- 8. Kollea Cooking Butane Kitchen Torch
- 9. Jo Chef Butane Cooking Kitchen Torch
- 11. Bernzomatic TS8000 Trigger Start Kitchen Torch For Cooking
- What You Need To Look For When Buying Kitchen Torches?
- My Top Pick
Leave a Reply