How to microwave hot pockets properly is the topic you will find your answer in this amazing article. I hope you can get delicious hot pockets using a microwave and these directions.
Hot pocket is a convenient food that is loved by many people worldwide. Due to the convenience of this dish, you can make this food quickly. Plus, it is easier with the support of the comprehensive instruction in this article.
What Are Hot Pockets?
Hot pockets are a familiar food to many people worldwide. Richard Liederman and Robert Spielman came up with this incredible creation in 1981. You can see this microwaveable snack in many convenience and grocery stores.
This microwavable sandwich or pastry is made of dough and a flavorful filling. Normally, cheese, meat, and veggies are fillings that are a preferable option. Plus, you can find this food in numerous filling varieties.
Bacon cheeseburger, ham and cheese, pepperoni pizza, and Philly cheese steak are popular varieties of hot pockets. They appear in many stores or markets in frozen and fresh forms.
People often consume this amazing delicacy as a snack because its preparation is straightforward and fast. You can microwave this delicious food to warm them up before consumption.
Today, Nestle is one of the most famous brands that produce a large number of hot pockets each year. Regarding nutrition, hot pockets contain high calories, sodium, and fats.
The Detailed Instructions To Microwave Hot Pockets
There are many ways to bring heat to the hot pockets at your home, like baking in the oven or air fryer, but one of the common and safe methods is to put hot pockets in a microwave. Here are the detailed directions on how you should do it.
What You Need:
- Microwave-safe plate: It is often made from glass or ceramic that helps prevent food from sticking to the microwave’s walls while baking. Also, it makes food cooked evenly.
- An oven mitt: It is also known as an oven glove. People wear it when they want to safely handle hot recipes or pans in an oven or microwave.
- Microwave (600 to 1200 wattages).
- Crisping sleeve: This device is made of paperboard that helps absorb microwave energy and concentrate heat on food items.
- Hot pockets.
Here’s what you need to do to microwave your hot pockets correctly.
The first step you need to do to microwave hot pockets is to unbox your frozen hot pockets and take them out of their wrappings.
After unwrapping the hot pockets, you should put them into a crisping sleeve and place the sleeve on a microwave-safe plate. This plate will help your hot pocket cook evenly and prevent food from sticking to the microwave’s walls.
The next step is starting your microwave and heating it to suitable temperatures. Normally, 165°F or 74°C is the perfect heat for making this food.
Place the plate of hot pockets in the center of the microwave. Normally, you need to spend about 2 to 5 minutes microwaving hot pockets. The cooking time may vary, depending on how many hot pockets you cook.
If you microwave 1 frozen hot pocket, the time is about 2 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, 4 minutes is the time to microwave 2 frozen hot pockets.
After 2 to 5 minutes, take the plate out of the microwave using an oven mitt, remove the crisping sleeve around the pockets, and check them.
It is important to check the center of the hot pockets. If they are not cooked thoroughly, you have to microwave them for another 30 seconds or more.
After your hot pockets are cooked evenly, you will remove the plate from the appliance and let your pockets cool before consuming.
When your pockets are ready to eat, take them out of the microwave and serve them to your family.
Note: You can cook 2 hot pockets simultaneously in a microwave, but you should pay attention to its wattage to cook properly. For an 1100-watt microwave, it’s great to cook your pockets for about 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
If the wattage of your microwave is lower, the cooking time is longer. You can consume pockets after about 5 minutes and 30 seconds.
Normally, microwaving a soft hot pocket is about 2 minutes and 30 seconds. If you want a beautiful golden shell with great crispiness, you can cook it for another 30 seconds.
Aside from microwaving hot pockets, you can try other methods to cook your hot pockets. Using a conventional oven, an air fryer, a stovetop, or a toaster oven are great suggestions you can apply.
If you have a toaster oven, you can follow the instructions below to get mouthwatering and crunch hot pockets.
Step 1: Turn on your toaster oven and preheat it to 350°F.
Step 2: Place your hot pockets in the toaster oven.
Step 3: Wait about 28 minutes to get the cooked hot pockets.
Step 4: Finish the cooking and let hot pockets cool before consuming them.
An air fryer is another great appliance to heat your hot pockets. Here are essential steps you should take.
Step 1: Take the pocket out of the plastic packages or cardboard.
Step 2: Preheat your air fryer to 370°F.
Step 3: Put the pocket on the basket.
Step 4: Let it cook for about 16 to 18 minutes.
Note: If you cook 1 hot pocket in the air fryer, it takes about 16 minutes. Meanwhile, 18 minutes is the time to cook 2 pockets.
Step 5: Remove the pockets from the air fryer and enjoy them.
Let’s explore the simple directions of making hot pockets in the conventional oven in this part immediately.
Step 1: Unwrap your hot pocket before cooking.
Step 2: Start your oven and wait until it reaches 350 degrees F.
Step 3: You need to spend about 5 to 7 minutes baking a hot pocket.
Step 4: Take it out of your conventional oven and enjoy your meal.
Cooking hot pockets on a stovetop is another fantastic option. You can try to get perfect pockets. Below are the steps you should follow.
Step 1: Prepare a non-stick pan.
Step 2: Put the pan on the stovetop over medium heat.
Step 3: Place a hot pocket on the surface of the non-stick pan.
Step 4: Cook both sides until they are golden brown and crunchy.
If you have a leftover box of hot pockets, don’t worry because you can store it in the fridge or freezer for later meals.
- In the fridge: You can keep your leftovers for more than 3 – 4 days. Remember to wrap them with plastic wrap or foil to store them better.
- In the freezer: For longer storage, you can put hot pockets in a container or bag, and your leftovers can last over 3 months after you place them in the freezer.
When you want to consume leftovers, you can reheat hot pockets by the following methods.
- A microwave: You only need to place leftovers and reheat them for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- An oven: Set the oven to 350°F. Put your hot pocket on a plate and place it in the oven for about 5 to 7 minutes.
Besides microwaving your hot pockets with the proper instructions, you should follow some amazing tips below to get the best result. Let’s read and apply immediately!
- To ensure your hot pockets are evenly cooked, check the internal temperature before microwaving (165°F).
- Do not use paper or plastic plates when microwaving hot pockets because the high temperature can burn them during cooking.
- In case you cannot find ceramic or glass plates in your kitchen, you can use parchment paper as a replacement.
- If you want to enjoy a yummy pocket with the perfect crispiness, you should put the pocket in the oven and cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes at 375°F after microwaving it.
- It is better to microwave only one pocket at a time if you want to consume the food with the best flavor and crispiness.
- Because the hot pocket is easily damaged after being unwrapped, you should store them in the freezer or refrigerate them.
- Don’t overcook or undercook the hot pocket if you don’t want to waste your food. You should cook it at the recommended time.
- When you want to microwave a frozen hot pocket, you must use the defrost setting.
- You should read the cooking directions on packages before putting hot pockets in the microwave because the cooking time of some varieties can be longer.
- You should flip the hot pocket to ensure that all sides are cooked evenly.
2 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories310
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 5g 25%
- Cholesterol 30mg 10%
- Sodium 770mg 33%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 3.1g 12%
- Sugars 7g
- Protein 12g 24%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Let’s Microwave Hot Pockets For Your Meal!
Have you ever tried microwaving hot pockets at your home? If not, it’s time to go to your kitchen and follow the directions I provided in this article to create mouthwatering hot pockets for your family gatherings.
Is this article valuable to you? Let’s share your thoughts about this post in the comment section. Furthermore, please convey helpful information to others by sharing it with them. Thanks for spending your time!
Table of Contents
- What Are Hot Pockets?
- The Detailed Instructions To Microwave Hot Pockets
- Other Ways To Cook Hot Pockets You Can Use
- Proper Storage And Reheating Tricks
- Helpful Tips To Microwave Hot Pockets
- Microwave Hot Pockets
- Nutrition Facts
- Let’s Microwave Hot Pockets For Your Meal!