Whether you’re a professional chef or a home cook, I’m sure you will definitely appreciate having a product from my list of the best pizzelle makers. All of these products have been carefully tested to ensure that they can yield desirable results and guarantee trustworthy durability.
If you’re thinking that it’s a bit of an overkill to get a whole pizzelle maker for such a seemingly simple dessert, you might need to reconsider. As it turns out, there are quite a lot of creative, delicious treats and desserts you can make with these pizzelle cookies.
Even if you’re not much of a cook yourself, the pizzelle markers included in my recommendation are quite easy to use. Therefore, you can make delicious pizzelles to impress your friends and family. Why do you have to buy takeouts when you can have fresh, crispy, and hot pizzelles right in your kitchen?
What Is A Pizzelle Maker?
First, to know what a pizzelle maker is, we need to know the definition of pizzelle, which is considered to be a traditional Italian dessert that looks like waffles. Pizzelle are typically made from flour, eggs, sugar, butter, or oil.
At first glance, pizzelle makers (or sometimes referred to as pizzelle iron) somewhat resemble waffle irons. They can either be held by hand over a direct heat source or be operated by electricity.
- Top 10 Best Wall Mount Range Hoods To Buy in 2022
- Top 12 Best Greek Yogurt Maker Reviews in 2022
- Top 10 Best Rotisserie Oven Reviews 2022
- Top 10 Best Large Capacity Air Fryer Reviews 2022
- Top 10 Best Air Fryer Pressure Cooker Reviews To Buy 2023
- Top 10 Best Air Fryers Under $100: Affordable Choices In 2022
- Top 10 Best Bagel Slicers To Have In Your Kitchen 2022
- Top 10 Best Air Fryer For Family Of 4 Reviews On The Market 2023
Pizzelle makers’ cooking plates are usually designed with decorative patterns to stamp on the cookies. Aside from being aesthetically pleasing, the patterns can also create an extra crispy texture on your pizzelles.
What Are The Best Pizzelle Maker Brands?
I suppose that you’ll want to know which brands are the most trustworthy when it comes to the best pizzelle makers. Therefore, I will list out all the best brand names so that you can make an informed decision.
Founded in 1943, Palmer specializes in producing pizzelle makers with the highest quality possible so as to provide you with the best cooking experience and a reliable product you know you can always count on.
Seeking to provide you with the best cooking experience, Cucinapro has a wide range of kitchen appliances, including various kinds of makers, like convenient crepe makers or pizzelle makers. It’s noteworthy that despite having a large number of items, they don’t compromise on quality.
Founded by an Italian, Villware is now owned by Newell Brands – an American manufacturer. You need not to worry, the transition in owner does not mean that the quality of the brand’s product will be adversely affected.
While Chef’s Choice is more famously known for their knife sharpeners, this brand is also renowned for the sheer quality of their vast variety of kitchen products.
Cuisinart is a renowned American brand that produces pizzelle makers or sandwich makers with the best quality that are designed with various innovative features such as excellent temperature control.
Which Are The Best Pizzelle Makers To Buy?
The best pizzelle makers in 2022 are the Palmer Classic and the Cuisinart WM-PZ2. While the Palmer Classic might be simple, it can actually make the best pizzelles. On the other hand, the Cuisinart WM-PZ2 has several helpful features that make it the perfect choice for everyone.
Now, let’s take a look at the most outstanding products among the best pizzelle makers in 2022. I will include a short description with each model so that you’ll know what features it offers.
- Best Overall – Palmer Classic Pizzelle Maker
“Fast cooking time, made from durable cast aluminum, sturdy construction, easy to use and clean, excellent heat distribution, even cooking, resistant to rust and oxidation.”
- Best for Budget – CucinaPro Polished Non-Stick Electric Pizzelle Maker
“Even heat distribution, steam guard for hand protection, quick cooking time, easy to use and clean, durable and sturdy construction.”
- Best for Mini Pizzelles – CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Maker
“Capable of making 4 cookies at once, excellent non-stick surface, steam guard for hand protection, even heat distribution, fast cooking time.”
- Best for Professionals – VillaWare V3600 NS Prego Nonstick Pizzelle Maker
“Fast cooking time, beautiful fiori patterns, Xylan non-stick surface, steam guard included, easy and compact storage, light indicator included.”
- Best for Beginners – Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Maker
“Dual light indicator, secure locking lid, even browning and excellent heat distribution, 5 browning levels, upright storage, 5 browning levels.”
- Best Versatile – Cuisinart CPP-200 International Chef Pizzelle Maker
“Highly versatile, dishwasher-safe reversible cooking plates, secure locking lid, large cooking surface, compact and easy storage.”
- Best for Compact Storage – VILLAWARE PREGO V3600 Pizzelle Maker
“Steam guard for hand protection, non-stick metal grids, automatic thermostat, indicator light included, easy to use and clean.”
- Best for Commercial Use – Cuisinart WM-PZ10 Pizzelle Maker
“Fast cooking time, helpful indicator light, non-stick cooking plates, 5 settings for browning levels, extra-thick cooking plates, sturdy and durable.”
- Best Consistency – Chef’s Choice 834 Toscano Non-Stick Pizzelle Maker
“Consistency heating, instant temperature recovery, even heat distribution, non-stick cooking plates, secure locking lid, easy to use and clean.”
- Best Villaware – Villaware V5000 PRIMA Pizzelle Maker
“Automatic thermostatic, indicator light included, steam guard for hand protection, durable Xylan coating, cord wrap included.”
Pizzelle Maker Comparison Table 2022
In case you need to make a quick decision, this detailed comparison chart should be enough to inform you of all the crucial information of all the best pizzelle makers in my list of recommendations.
|Best Pizzelle Makers||Number of Cookies Per Plate||Cooking Time||Material|
|Palmer Classic Pizzelle Maker - Best Overall||Two 4.25-4.5 inch cookies||Roughly 60 seconds||Cast aluminum|
|CucinaPro Polished Non-Stick Electric Pizzelle Maker - Best for Budget||Two 5-inch cookies||35 seconds||Stainless steel|
|CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Maker - Best for Mini Pizzelles||Four 3.25 inch-cookies||15-20 seconds||Aluminum|
|VillaWare V3600 NS Prego Nonstick Pizzelle Maker - Best for Professionals||Two 5-inch cookies||30 seconds||Xylan, chrome|
|Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Maker - Best for Beginners||Two 4-inch cookies||60 seconds||Stainless steel|
|Cuisinart CPP-200 International Chef Pizzelle Maker - Best Versatile||One 8.3-inch cookie||60 - 90 seconds||Stainless steel|
|VILLAWARE PREGO V3600 Pizzelle Maker - Best for Compact Storage||Two 5-inch cookies||30 seconds||Aluminum alloy|
|Cuisinart WM-PZ10 Pizzelle Maker - Best for Commercial Use||Two 4-inch cookies||Depends on the browning level selected||Stainless steel|
|Chef’s Choice 834 Toscano Non-Stick Pizzelle Maker - Best Consistency||Two 4.75-inch cookies||30 seconds||Stainless steel|
|Villaware V5000 PRIMA Pizzelle Maker - Best Villaware||Two 5-inch cookies||30 seconds||Xylan|
My Reviews For The Best Pizzelle Makers in 2022
Without further ado, now it’s time to dive into the main part of my review for the best pizzelle makers so that you can effortlessly cook some mouth-watering desserts for everyone to enjoy.
1. Palmer Classic Pizzelle Maker
Whip up crispy and delicious pizzelle cookies right in your kitchen with this fantastic pizzelle maker from Palmer. With its highly efficient performance, this product can let you enjoy your favorite snacks in half the time it would normally take with hand irons.
Made in the USA, this Palmer pizzelle maker features cooking plates that can guarantee excellent quality and a long-lasting lifespan. Thanks to its chrome and cast aluminum body, this product is relatively resistant to rust and oxidation.
Furthermore, the Palmer pizzelle maker also boasts an impressively non-stick surface. Therefore, there’s little need to apply excessive oil to the product to prevent the pizzelle cookies from sticking to it.
- Fast cooking time
- The plates are made from cast aluminum
- Can cook two 4.5-inch cookies at once
- Made in the USA
- This product lets you control its temperature with relative ease
- The pizzelle maker is easy to use, even for inexperienced people
- Thanks to its non-stick surface, the pizzelle maker proves to be effortless to clean
- The baker can offer even cooking results and heat distribution
- Durable and sturdy
- The pizzelle maker’s handle might make it slightly difficult to close the lid tight
|Dimensions||15.04 x 10.39 x 3.86 inches|
2. CucinaPro Polished Non-Stick Electric Pizzelle Maker
(Best for Budget)
At a very affordable price, you can get this amazing pizzelle maker from CucinaPro. Allowing you to make up to 2 irresistible pizzelle cookies at a time, this product is an ideal choice for a hearty breakfast or a quick snack to enjoy with friends and family.
Equipped with a steam guard, this baker can protect your hands from the heat emanating from the unit. In addition to this, the product’s extra-thick baking plates can guarantee to provide you with even heat distribution for consistent cooking results.
Furthermore, this product can also stamp a beautiful snowflake pattern on both sides of your cookies, thus making your treat extra-crispy.
- Steam guard for hand protection
- The product has a timer light to inform you the unit is ready to bake
- The bakers’ non-stick surface will reduce the need to use oil on its surface
- Can make up to four 3.25-inch cookies at once
- This pizzelle maker is relatively easy to use and clean
- The product offers outstanding temperature control and heat distribution
- The unit is exceptionally durable and sturdy
- Quick cooking time
- This pizzelle maker’s locking latch can be a bit difficult to unlock
|Dimensions||10.25 x 10 x 5 inches|
3. CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Maker
(Best for Mini Pizzelles)
With the CucinaPro Mini Italian pizzelle maker, you can quickly whip up a hearty dish of savory and crispy cookies to make your hearty Italian dinner more pleasant with your family.
Capable of making up to four 3.25-inch cookies in less than half a minute, the product will make sure there are enough desserts for everyone.
Boasting a non-stick surface, this pizzelle baker is specifically designed so that you’ll have an easier time baking and cleaning. Furthermore, with its extra-thick baking plates, the product can deliver even heat distribution, ensuring that your cookies will always be a crispy brown.
In addition to this, the product also comes with a steam guard to ensure that your hands will not come into contact with the hot plate. As a result, this pizzelle maker is ideal for both professional and amateurs alike.
- Bake 4 cookies at once with the diameter of 3.25 inches for each one
- Excellent non-stick surface
- Steam guard for hand protection
- Even heat distribution
- This product has a fast cooking time
- The pizzelle maker is relatively durable and sturdy
- The baker comes with a light indicator to let you know when it’s ready to cook
- The weight of the product’s lid is slightly uneven
|Dimensions||10.25 x 10 x 5 inches|
4. VillaWare V3600 NS Prego Nonstick Pizzelle Maker
(Best for Professionals)
If you’re confident enough in your cooking skills and want to produce restaurant-grade pizzelle cookies, you can opt for the VillaWare V3600-NS. Allowing you to whip up two 5-inch pizzelles within only 30 seconds, the product is definitely an ideal choice for a quick yet delicious snack.
Implemented with beautiful traditional fiori patterns, the VillaWare V3600-NS pizzelle maker will allow you to produce crispy waffle-like cookies with ease. Furthermore, the product’s excellent non-stick surface can promote a healthier lifestyle as it does not require oil or fat.
Additionally, this product is equipped with a steam guard, which is specifically designed to protect your hands from high heat. The cord wrap that comes with the unit can also ensure that the power cord will not become entangled under any circumstance.
- Fast cooking time
- Beautiful fiori pattern
- Xylan non-stick surface
- The steam guard is included to prevent burns
- The unit can stand upright for easy and compact storage
- The baker is made from durable materials and is coated with a beautiful chrome finish
- The light indicator on the model can inform you when the product’s temperature reaches the desirable level
- The pizzelle maker is quite easy to clean
- The plastic handle can be somewhat fragile
|Dimensions||12.3 x 12.3 x 8.5 inches|
5. Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Maker
(Best for Beginners)
Are you new to making pizzelle? Do you want to find something that is more user-friendly so that you can have a higher chance of success when making pizzelle cookies? If that is the case, check out this fantastic pizzelle maker from Cuisinart.
Capable of whipping up two perfectly thin 4-inch pizzelles, this pizzelle maker requires one full minute for your cookies to be properly cooked. Therefore, you’ll have more time to monitor your food to make sure that it will come out absolutely perfect.
Furthermore, the Cuisinart WM-PZ2 pizzelle maker comes with a secure locking lid. As a result, you will find out that achieving even browning is considerably easier with this product. In addition to this, the unit offers beautiful decorative patterns to make your cookies more pleasing and professional-like.
- Dual light indicator
- Secure locking lid
- Even browning and excellent heat distribution
- 5 browning levels
- The pizzelle maker can be stored upright to save more storage space
- Thanks to its dual light indicator, the unit can effectively take the guesswork out of your cooking, thus providing you with the perfect results
- The product allows you to choose among 5 browning levels according to your preferences
- The model’s non-stick surface allows you to effortlessly remove the cookie from the plate
- The button for temperature regulation is quite flimsy.
|Dimensions||9.5 x 9.5 x 4.8 inches|
You can watch this video for a quick look at the product:
6. Cuisinart CPP-200 International Chef Pizzelle Maker
If you put versatility in the top priority when looking for a pizzelle maker, perhaps you’ll like this product from Cuisinart. Aside from pizzelle, this unit can also make several sweet and tasty breakfasts for your loved ones, such as pancakes, crepes, tortillas, blintzes, and more.
Arriving with reversible and removable plates, the Cuisinart CPP-2000 pizzelle maker boasts exceptional versatility. Furthermore, its non-stick plates are completely dishwasher-safe, making cleaning quite a breeze.
In addition to this, this pizzelle maker from Cuisinart also has a large cooking surface. Therefore, you can effortlessly whip up large and crispy pizzelles. What’s more, the locking lid will ensure that your cookies will be evenly cooked.
- Dishwasher-safe reversible plates
- Locking lid
- Large cooking surface
- The product allows you to store it upright to save more storage space
- You can open the unit’s lid flat for cooking surface doubles
- Highly versatile
- The pizzelle maker also comes with tongs, a measuring spoon, as well as a mini ice cream cone roller
- The product has adjustable temperature control and timer, allowing you to achieve the perfect cooking result
- The unit has an indicator light to make it easier for you to bake
- This pizzelle maker has a slow cooking time.
|Dimensions||13.43 x 10.12 x 5.51 inches|
Before buying this product, you might want a quick demonstration of how it works. Therefore, I’ve included this video for you:
7. VILLAWARE PREGO V3600 Pizzelle Maker
(Best for Compact Storage)
If you don’t have much storage space, you might want to get a product that can offer compact and easy storage such as the PREGO V36000 pizzelle maker. Compact and lightweight in design, this pizzelle maker is a perfect choice for small flats, boats, RVs, etc.
Equipped with space-saving handles and an upright storage, this pizzelle baker can fit into virtually any narrow corner. Furthermore, the product comes with a cord wrap, ensuring that you will not have to deal with entangled or messy cords.
Additionally, the Villaware V3600 pizzelle maker is equipped with a steam guard to protect your hands from high temperatures emanating from the unit. What’s more, the product features non-stick metal grids to ensure that you can easily remove the cookies from the cooking surface.
- Compact and easy storage
- Steam guard for hand protection
- Non-stick metal grids
- Automatic thermostat
- The pizzelle maker has an indicator light to let you know when your cookies are finished
- Thanks to its non-stick surface, this pizzelle baker is quite easy to clean
- This product has a sturdy construction, thus promising better durability and a longer lifespan
- The heat distribution might not be even sometimes
|Dimensions||10 x 5 x 10 inches|
8. Cuisinart WM-PZ10 Pizzelle Maker
(Best for Commercial Use)
Offering up to 5 settings for browning level, the Cuisinart WM-PZ10 can make sure that you can make the perfect pizzelle cookies for different people with different needs and preferences. Furthermore, with its fast cooking time, the product also allows you to prepare pizzelles as quickly as possible.
This pizzelle maker is implemented with an indicator light that will alert you when the unit is ready for cooking and when your cookies are thoroughly cooked. Therefore, you don’t need to be a professional to be able to make the perfect pizzelle with this product.
Furthermore, the Cuisinart pizzelle maker also features perfect non-stick cooking plates that can ensure your cookies will not break off as you remove them from the surface. As a result, you can always count on this unit to make beautiful, crispy, and delicious pizzelle cookies.
- Helpful indicator light
- Non-stick cooking plates
- Fast cooking time
- 5 settings for browning levels
- This pizzelle baker features two extra-thick cooking plates to ensure that the cookies are evenly cooked
- The product comes with a rolling dowel, a measuring scoop, and a recipe cook to make it easier for you to make the perfect pizzelle
- The unit’s brushed stainless steel housing can prevent it from getting rusty
- The pizzelle maker is quite sturdy and durable, making it suitable for heavy-duty use
- The product’s temperature control might not be consistent sometimes
|Dimensions||10.5 x 9 x 5.8 inches|
9. Chef’s Choice 834 Toscano Non-Stick Pizzelle Maker
Are you sick of uneven pizzelle cookies? Do you want to find a pizzelle maker that can guarantee consistent results every single time? If that is the case, you probably want to check out this amazing product from Chef’s Choice 834.
One outstanding thing about this pizzelle maker is that it has an instant temperature recovery feature. Therefore, the product can always remain at an ideal temperature for cooking. Furthermore, the unit can also deliver even heat distribution throughout its plates for optimal results.
What’s more, the Chef’s Choice 834 pizzelle maker is also equipped with two excellent non-stick surfaces. As a result, you can effortlessly remove the cookies from the unit’s cooking plates without worrying that you might accidentally break this tasty treat.
- Consistent heating
- Instant temperature recovery
- Even heat distribution
- Non-stick cooking plates
- The unit has a secure locking lid for better cooking results
- The product is quite easy to use and clean
- This pizzelle maker can offer outstanding temperature control
- It might take some practice to know when your pizzelles are ready with this model
|Dimensions||12.4 x 10.5 x 5 inches|
If you want to learn how to make the perfect pizzelles with the Chef’s Choice 834, you can have a look at this video:
10. Villaware V5000 PRIMA Pizzelle Maker
An outstanding product from Villaware, the V5000 pizzelle maker boasts eye-catching fiori patterns that will make your cookies as beautiful as they are delicious. Moreover, these decorative patterns can also ensure that your pizzelle cookies are extra crispy and savory.
Implemented with an automatic thermostatic feature, this product can easily adjust its cooking temperature to deliver the best cooking results. Furthermore, this feature can also guarantee to provide you with even heat distribution throughout the cooking plates.
In addition, the Villaware V5000 is equipped with a steam guard to protect your hands. Therefore, you needn’t have to worry that you accidentally burn yourself while cooking. Moreover, the built-in ready light can inform you when the unit is ready for use, thus taking the guesswork out of your cooking.
- Automatic thermostatic
- Indicator light
- Steam guard for hand protection
- Xylan coating
- This pizzelle maker can be positioned upright for easy storage
- The cord wrap that comes with the product can prevent cord tangles
- With its non-stick surface, the product allows you to cook and clean with little to no efforts
- It can take some time and practice to achieve the perfect texture and thickness for your pizzelles
|Dimensions||12.1 x 5.5 x 14.4 inches|
The first step to buying the perfect pizzelle maker is to know specifically what to look for. Therefore, I’ve written this buying guide to include some useful tips for you before you purchase one of these products.
Number/Size Of Cookies Per Plate
How many pizzelles do you want to make in one go? How large do you want your cookies to be? Those are the questions that you need to answer before getting a pizzelle maker.
If you don’t particularly care about the size and want to be able to make as many cookies as possible with one cooking session, you should go for models with a higher number of cookies per plate.
However, if you prefer your pizzelles to be larger, you should pay attention to how large the diameter of the cooking grid is. Usually, you can make pizzelles with a diameter from 3.25 to 5 inches.
If you dislike waiting too long for your pizzelles to be cooked, you should buy models that boast a short cooking time. However, short cooking time might mean that you need to constantly pay attention to the cooking process to prevent your pizzelles from being overcooked or burnt.
Type Of Cooking Surface
The most important thing about a pizzelle maker is that it should be non-stick. If you can’t afford a non-stick model, then at least make sure that the unit will become non-stick once you’ve properly applied non-stick oil to its surface.
Moreover, the materials used for making the product’s cooking surface can determine its overall performance also. If possible, you should choose the one made from aluminum alloy, which usually offers better heat distribution for a perfectly crispy texture.
On the other hand, while stainless steel can be non-stick as well, this material’s heat regulation and distribution might not be too impressive.
If you want to be informed of when your pizzelle maker is ready to cook or when your cookies are finished, you should buy models with indicator lights.
However, you need to keep in mind that while some models have an indicator light to alert you that the unit is hot enough to cook, they might not be able to determine when your cookies are ready.
On the other hand, the products with Ready-To-Eat indicator light tend to have a Ready-To-Cook light as well. Therefore, if you want to completely take the guesswork out of your cooking, make sure to get a pizzelle maker with these indicator lights.
Aside from the aspect mentioned above, there are still features that you might want your pizzelle maker to have, such as a steam guard, which will effectively protect your hands from the heat emanating from the unit.
Another feature you might find helpful is a cool-to-touch lid. Again, this is a safety measure to prevent you from accidentally burning yourself while cooking. If you want your experience in the kitchen to be as hazard-free as possible, go for a pizzelle maker that has this feature.
Extra-thick cooking plates can also help you achieve better cooking results as they can ensure that both of the cooking surfaces touch your batter evenly. As a result, your pizzelles will become much crisper and more evenly cooked.
If you want to have fixed settings for different levels of browning, you can keep an eye out for models that offer this feature. While this allows you to take the guesswork out of your cooking, it can also mean that the product does not offer your favorite level of browning and crispiness.
How To Use A Pizzelle Maker?
If it’s your first time using a pizzelle maker, you have nothing to fear. As it turns out, pizzelle makers are actually quite easy to use. However, if you don’t feel confident enough, maybe this guide will give you the help you need to operate this cookware better.
- You should spray a bit of non-stick oil onto the unit’s cooking surface. If your pizzelle maker is non-stick, you can use a paper towel to quickly wipe the excess oil.
- Allow the unit to heat until it reaches the ideal temperature for baking. If your model has an indicator light, keep an eye on it to ensure that you don’t miss the perfect time to start cooking.
- Pour a suitable amount of batter onto the pizzelle maker’s cooking surface. If you’re not sure how much batter you should apply to the unit, you can test it out by pouring small amounts first.
- Proceed to close the pizzelle baker’s lid tightly. Make sure that the lid is properly closed, so both sides of your pizzelles are cooked properly. Keep in mind that it’s not a good idea to constantly check on your cookies, as this will allow the heat to escape.
- Once your pizzelles are thoroughly baked, gently remove this dessert from the cooking surface. Be sure to leave no crumbs behind as it might damage your next batch.
Whether you’ve been using pizzelle makers for a long time or it’s your first time, I suppose that there might be some aspects you’re previously unaware of when it comes to these products. Therefore, I hope that this section might help you understand them better.
My Top Pick
After careful consideration, my pick for the best pizzelle maker is the Palmer Classic Pizzelle Maker, which is capable of making perfectly crispy pizzelles. Furthermore, this product can guarantee even heat distribution so that you can achieve the best cooking results.
If you need a cheaper option, why don’t you give the CucinaPro Polished Non-Stick Electric Pizzelle Maker a try!
What are you waiting for? Grab one of these outstanding products to make your very own pizzelles right today. Should you have burning questions to ask me, feel free to reach out to me via the comment section, and I’ll get to you as soon as possible.