Best olive oil for cooking products are always necessary for staples in your kitchen. You should be generous with yourself when it comes to purchasing one more great-tasting olive oil bottle.
I know many people who have a collection of this “liquid gold” (ancient name of olive oil). According to their opinions, some are for cooking, some are for salad dressings and drizzling, some are for dipping bread and more. I couldn’t agree more.
And if you are a health-conscious individual, you might want to choose suitable products for all family members.
So my article will provide you with an informative review of the best olive oil for daily use.
Table of Contents
Different Types Of Olive Oil
There are three types of olive oil: extra-virgin olive oil, pure olive oil, and light olive oil. Let’s talk about each below.
- Top 15 Best Tortilla Chips Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Chinese Cleavers On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Rotisserie Oven Reviews in 2021
- Top 15 Best Garlic Keepers On The Market 2021
- Top 13 Best Molcajetes On The Market 2021
- Top 15 Best Cake Stands To Buy in 2021
- The 15 Best Crepe Pans To Buy in 2021
- Top 15 Best Grill Covers On The Market 2021
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extracted from the first press of olives, without any treatment, is the purest, first-class cooking oil with an acidity of less than 0.8% and rich in antioxidants. Extra Virgin olive oil is used raw, add directly to dishes to enhance flavor, or cook at low temperatures, or may be used for beauty purposes.
Pure Olive Oil
It is a combination of refined olive oil and Extra Virgin olive oil with a proportion of about 5 – 15%. This olive oil has better nutritional content than refined olive oil, which can be used in cooking.
Light Olive Oil/ Lite or Pomace
This oil is obtained from treating the olive residue with solvents. It will go through many stages of treatment, so nutrition is minimal. The taste is also significantly reduced. However, this oil offers high heat resistance. It’s suitable for cooking at very high temperatures.
In my review article, I only choose to review extra virgin olive oil because of its high-quality taste and nutrition.
Which Are The Best Olive Oils for Cooking To Buy?
If I have to choose the best olive oil for cooking, my top choice will be California Olive Ranch, Frankies, Atlas, and ZOE for richness, freshness, and satisfaction. Moreover, Mina, Gaea, or Mantova are also high-quality blend for their versatility, uniqueness, and distinctive flavor.
In this list, I highlight some best olive oil for cooking and their particular characteristics. Let’s go through these products before deciding.
- Best Overall – California Olive Ranch Destination Series Every Blend Olive Oil
“First cold press extra virgin oil, great-tasting with a touch of fresh herbs and more, award-winning product.”
- Best Budget – Filippo Berio Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
“Imported, cold-pressed, rich in flavor, an economic staple in the kitchen.”
- Best for Chicken – Pompeian Smooth First Cold Press Olive Oil
“Make quick and delicious marinades for chicken and other foods, high-quality farmer-crafted olive oil.”
- Best for Dipping Bread – Atlas Organic European Certified Olive Oil
“Sweet and mellow flavor with a touch of pepper, able to add to many dishes, especially for dipping bread, sourced in Morocco.”
- Best for Frying – Mina Extra Virgin Single Origin Moroccan Olive Oil
“Premium olive oil with a higher smoking point, great for frying, versatile.”
- Best for Salad – Gaea Fresh Greek Special Reserve Olive Oil
“Packed in an eye-catching wine bottle, pressed within 3 hours of harvest, able to make delicious salad dressings.”
- Best for Fish – Pompeian Classic Mild Flavor Olive Oil
“Excellent for fish and tender meats, first cold extraction from Chile with low acidity.”
- Best for Pasta – Frankies 457 Organic Real Sicilian Olive Oil
“Made from 100% organic Nocellara del Belice olives, great-tasting finishing oil, packed in steel coated can.”
- Best for Baking – Colavita Extra Virgin Premium Selection Olive Oil
“Cold-pressed extraction for maintaining the original quality of flavor and nutrition, well-balanced aroma between fruit and spice, comes in bulk size.”
- Best for Heart Patients – ZOE Organic First Cold Press Olive Oil
“Low calories, no cholesterol and sodium, good for heart health when integrating into a daily diet, amazing flavors.”
- Best for Steaks – Filippo Berio 100% Pure Olive Oil
“Product of Italy, mild and light taste, enhances the flavor of steak and other dishes.”
- Best Variety Pack – Mantova Flavored Extra Virgin Variety Pack Olive Oil
“Flavored olive oil with herbs and spices, healthy ingredients to add to daily diets for weight loss, imported from Italy.”
Olive Oil for Cooking Comparison Table 2021
Before going into the reviews of each olive oil for cooking products I have selected for this article, it’s vital to notice the difference between them.
|Best Olive Oil for Cooking||Dimensions||Weight||Capacity||Type||Origins|
|California Olive Ranch Destination Series Every Blend Olive Oil - Best Overall||2.88 x 9.25 x 6.38 inches||2.7 pounds||25.4 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Argentina, Chile, and Portugal|
|Filippo Berio Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil - Best Budget||2.5 x 2.63 x 9.5 inches||1.56 pounds||25.3 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||United Kingdom|
|Pompeian Smooth First Cold Press Olive Oil - Best for Chicken||2.4 x 2.6 x 7.7 inches||1 pound||16 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Pompeii, Italy|
|Atlas Organic European Certified Olive Oil - Best for Dipping Bread||10.87 x 9.06 x 4.13 inches||6.68 pounds||101 Fl Oz||Extra Virgin||Morocco|
|Mina Extra Virgin Single Origin Moroccan Olive Oil - Best for Frying||3 x 3 x 10.75 inches||2.14 pounds||33.8 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Morocco|
|Gaea Fresh Greek Special Reserve Olive Oil - Best for Salad||2.37 x 2.37 x 11.4 inches||1.85 pounds||17 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Greece|
|Pompeian Classic Mild Flavor Olive Oil - Best for Fish||2.65 x 2.95 x 9.05 inches||1.5 pounds||24 Fl oz||Pure||Pompeii, Italy|
|Frankies 457 Organic Real Sicilian Olive Oil - Best for Pasta||7.2 x 2.6 x 2.6 inches||1.06 pounds||16.9 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Sicily, Italy|
|Colavita Extra Virgin Premium Selection Olive Oil - Best for Baking||10.7 x 4.5 x 4.5 inches||4.1 pounds||68 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Europe|
|ZOE Organic First Cold Press Olive Oil - Best for Heart Patients||3.5 x 2.5 x 5.5 inches||4.2 pounds||25.5 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Spain|
|Colavita Fine Mediterranean Flavor Olive Oil||11.85 x 7.13 x 4.96 inches||7.48 pounds||101.4 Fl oz||Pure||Multi-region|
|Filippo Berio 100% Pure Olive Oil - Best for Steaks||7.99 x 2.99 x 2.99 inches||3.99 ounces||8.4 Fl oz||Pure||Italy|
|Happy Belly 1.5 Liter Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil||3.74 x 3.74 x 10.7 inches||3.18 pounds||51 Fl oz||Light||Italy|
|Mantova Flavored Extra Virgin Variety Pack Olive Oil||12 x 12 x 4 inches||1.14 pounds||8.5 Fl oz||Extra Virgin||Italy|
|Bertolli Delicate Taste Extra Light Olive Oil||10.7 x 4.3 x 3.9 inches||4.2 pounds||67.7 Fl oz||Light||Italy|
My Reviews For The Best Olive Oils for Cooking in 2021
It’s time to dig deep into more specific information about each product. Below are the pros and cons of the 15 best olive oil for cooking products I have picked. Let’s start!
1. California Olive Ranch Destination Series Every Blend Olive Oil
Many notable global awards guarantee the quality of this extra virgin oil. Moreover, it’s made from olives, carefully selected from the best olive-growing countries such as Argentina, Chile, and Portugal.
This product is extracted by the cold-pressed method. That means there is no heat and chemical involved. As a result, California Olive Ranch can keep the original flavor and the quality of the oil.
On top of that, it has an exceptional taste of fresh herbs, fruit, and green grass. For me, it’s perfectly balanced and smooth.
Last but not least, this oil is stored in a dark green bottle to protect it from the light and keep it last longer in your kitchen.
- Packaged in a dark-green glass bottle
- Award-winning oil
- Sourced in Argentina, Chile, and Portugal
- First cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Orthodox Union Kosher, Non-GMO
- Whole30 certified
- Smells and tastes great
- High-quality first cold-pressed oil
- Goes well with various recipes from sweet to a savory dish
- It might not be suitable for salads
|Capacity||25.4 fl oz|
|Brand||California Olive Ranch Store|
More interesting facts about California Olive Ranch Olive Oil:
2. Filippo Berio Traditional Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Firstly, Filippo Berio olive oil has a strong and rich flavor; you can add a few drops to a salad dressing or a dish to give it a delicious taste.
This oil can be used for sauteing, roasting, drizzling, and marinating. As you might not know, this staple has a smoke point at 338-374°F and is not suitable for deep-frying.
Additionally, it’s is processed by the cold-pressed method to keep its quality and flavor. Moreover, this product is imported from the United Kingdom and is packaged in a 25.3-ounce plastic bottle.
Last but not least, it’s non-GMO, cholesterol-free, transfat-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and sodium-free.
- Extra virgin oil imported from the UK
- Cold-pressed high-quality oil
- Stored in plastic bottles
- With a capacity of 25.3 oz
- Rich flavor
- Rich in monounsaturated fat
- Features original flavor and quality
- Affordable price
- It might not be good for deep-frying
- The tin might be a bit difficult to pour without spilling
|Capacity||25.3 fl oz|
Let’s make breakfast with Filippo Berio:
3. Pompeian Smooth First Cold Press Olive Oil
(Best for Chicken)
If you hanker for sauteed breast chicken with fresh herbs and ginger, Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil might be an essential ingredient to make the dish perfect.
For me, I often use this oil to make quick and delicious marinades. Due to smooth aroma, it enriches the flavor of the chicken and makes it tastier. Moreover, it’s also useful for soups, salad dressings, and stir-frys.
This extra virgin olive oil is imported first cold-pressed from Italy and is farmer-crafted; therefore, it appears original and high-quality.
For health-conscious people, it’s all-natural, gluten-free, non-allergenic, and non-GMO.
- Cold-pressed imported olive oil from Italy
- Premium quality
- The smooth and mild flavor
- All-natural, gluten-free, non-allergenic and non-GMO
- Climate Pledge Friendly
- Great for chicken cooking
- Farmer-crafted from famous olive-growing area
- Good for health
- Comes in a good size for individual use
- The cap of the bottle appears low-quality
|Capacity||16 fl oz|
Let’s see the differences between Kirkland vs Pompeian vs Lucini Extra Virgin Olive Oil here:
4. Atlas Organic European Certified Olive Oil
(Best for Dipping Bread)
If you are looking for a healthy olive oil brand for dipping bread, Atlas Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oli is all you need. This oil owns a flavor which is perfect for making a simple dish to become more palatable to taste.
To be more specific, it features sweet and balanced flavors with a subtle note of pepper. When dipping with bread, you can taste the slight bitterness that appears compelling and satisfactory.
This product is imported from Morocco and is cold-pressed for premium quality. Moreover, it’s USDA Organic certified and Kosher-certified.
It’s stored in a 3-liter bulk metal tin to avoid light contact and keep it last long.
- Cold-pressed method
- Sweet and balanced flavors
- A hint of pepper
- Sourced in Morocco
- USDA Organic certified, Kosher-certified
- Great-tasting olive oil
- Suitable for dipping bread
- Able to add to almost any dish
- Convenient to use
- Well-designed tin can
- The flavor might not as bold as some expected
|Capacity||101 fl oz|
|Package||Metal tin can|
5. Mina Extra Virgin Single Origin Moroccan Olive Oil
(Best for Frying)
When it comes to frying, Mina Single Source Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a top candidate.
Firstly, with a mild flavor, this oil doesn’t overpower the original flavor of the main ingredients; therefore, it’s perfect for making yummy dishes.
Secondly, for frying, the smoking point of the oil is essential. This product has a higher smoking point due to its quality. To be more specific, it has less than 0.2% acidity and is cold-pressed.
Thirdly, it’s sourced in Morocco and is extracted by a family-owned company that has a good reputation for consistent quality throughout time.
Last but not least, this oil can be used for external purposes as skin and hair moisturizers.
- Made from Moroccan olive oil
- Extracted by the cold-pressed method
- Has less than 0.2% acidity
- The mild and delicate flavor
- Higher smoking point
- Packed in recycled plastic bottles
- High-quality product
- Rich in polyphenols than other cooking oils
- Great for frying
- It might not be organic and non-GMO olive oil
|Capacity||33.8 fl oz|
|Monounsaturated Fat/Serving||Not specific|
6. Gaea Fresh Greek Special Reserve Olive Oil
(Best for Salad)
First and foremost, I was impressed by the beautifully packaged product. Bright yellow-olive oil is packed in an eye-catching wine bottle made of dark-colored glass. After the first taste, I was even more amazed by the excellent quality of it.
This oil is pressed within 3 hours of harvest to keep its original flavor and retain rich amounts of nutrients. The harvest date is also shown clearly on the body of the bottle.
What is more, it’s made from Koroneiki & Athinoelia variety olives and is harvested when green. With such fresh flavor, nothing can beat this oil when it comes to salad dressing.
- Stored nice, dark-colored glass bottle
- Light and fresh flavor
- Pressed within 3 hours of harvest
- Good for 2 years after harvest day
- Made from Koroneiki & Athinoelia variety olives
- Nice package
- Designed for extending life’s use of oil
- Good for salad dressings, pasta drizzling, bread dipping
- Goes well with classic Mediterranean dishes.
- The spout might cause dripping when pouring
|Capacity||17 fl oz|
|Monounsaturated Fat/Serving||Not specific|
7. Pompeian Classic Mild Flavor Olive Oil
(Best for Fish)
This olive oil is excellent for fish and tender meats. As far as I know, fish cooks more quickly than other meats. Moreover, cooking fish too well can negatively affect the amount of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids.
Plus, fish tastes milder than red meat. Therefore, olive oil with mild flavor is the top choice.
Ideally, Pompeian Classic Mild Flavor Olive Oil has smooth and delicate flavors, which can enhance your fish’s aroma a lot, making them yummier and healthier.
This product is imported from Italy and is 100% pure olive oil for cooking with no preservatives.
In terms of usability, it’s suitable for roasting and sauteing. It’s also a perfect alternative for butter and vegetable oil.
- Originates from Italy
- Farmer-crafted pure olive oil
- Mild and smooth
- High-quality kitchen staple
- Makes better flavor for dishes, especially fish
- No preservatives and additives
- It might have a lighter taste than some people expect
|Capacity||24 fl oz|
8. Frankies 457 Organic Real Sicilian Olive Oil
(Best for Pasta)
Referring to pasta, it is impossible not to mention olive oil because it is one of the crucial ingredients determining the dish’s flavor. For me, Frankies 457 Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is my go-to product.
With a notably grassy and peppery aromatic taste, this oil is ideal for preparing various foods. Moreover, it can turn a bland dish become more appealing just by drizzling some drops of oil on the top. My pasta tastes different before and after Frankies 457.
It’s said to be rich in antioxidants and nutrients, which are necessary for a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore, the product is 100% USDA organic and Kosher.
More importantly, it’s packed in a dark-coated steel can for extra quality protection.
- Sourced in Sicily, Italy
- Made from 100 % organic Nocellara del Belice olives
- Bright and fruity flavors with a hint of grass and pepper
- 100% USDA organic and Kosher
- Aromatic olive oil
- Excellent for adding into pasta
- Well-designed storage can
- Rich in antioxidants and nutrients
- It might not be ideal for cooking purposes
|Capacity||16.9 fl oz|
9. Colavita Extra Virgin Premium Selection Olive Oil
(Best for Baking)
Colavita Extra Virgin Premium Selection olive oil is selected from Arbequina, Picual, and Koroneiki olives around Europe, including Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal.
On top of that, it’s cold-pressed to retain the original quality of flavor and nutrition.
This oil comes with a bulk capacity of 68 Fl oz to suit family use. If you and your family members are fans of Meditarian food, you might need to have one in your kitchen.
It comes with a well-balanced aroma between fruit and spice. You can taste first the mellowness of all flavors then a slight pungent of pepper, making this product a winner for baking.
Other than that, it can be used for marinades, dressing, and roasting.
- Arbequina, Picual, and Koroneiki olives
- Selected from Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal
- First cold press oil
- Kosher, ISO 9001: 2008 certified
- NAOOA and IOC qualifications
- Savory, fruity, and peppery
- Cholesterol and carbohydrate-free
- Excellent, rich flavor for cooking and dressings
- Suitable for many baking recipes
- Packed in BPA-free dark-green plastic bottle
- This oil might not be extracted from organic olives
- Some might want it to be contained in a glass bottle instead of a plastic one
|Capacity||68 fl oz|
Explaining in detail about Colavita Olive Oil and especially how to use it in your daily meal:
10. ZOE Organic First Cold Press Olive Oil
(Best for Heart Patients)
Are you looking for a healthy oil to integrate into a daily diet for yourself and your family? You can try ZOE Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil because this is the real deal in the market.
According to the nutrition fact label, this olive oil has only 120 calories per serving and is free of trans fat, cholesterol, and sodium, which is exceptionally safe for heart patients.
This olive oil is extracted as the first cold press from Carrasquena, Arbequina, Arbosana, & Picual olives.
In terms of taste, this product has fruity, buttery, and peppery. All the flavors are combined perfectly without any overpowering aroma. Therefore, it’s an ideal product for everyday use.
- Cold-pressed olive oil for cooking
- Sourced in Portugal
- Rich and balanced flavors
- No cholesterol and sodium
- Low calories per serving
- BPA-free lining metal can
- Great for everyday use
- Nice packaging
- The tin might appear smaller than you think
- When pouring the oil into the pan, there is a small amount of oil spinning on top of the can, which appears wasteful
|Capacity||25.5 fl oz|
Here’s a short review about ZOE olive oil I bet you want to listen to before purchasing:
11. Colavita Fine Mediterranean Flavor Olive Oil
Featuring a nice tin design, Colavita Fine Mediterranean Flavor Olive Oil is an amazing gift idea for cooking lovers. In my opinion, it appears as a vintage-styled decorative item on your kitchen counter.
This oil is made from selected olives sourced in many famous olive-growing areas all over the world. For quality, it has a high smoke point, which is up to 428 F. Therefore, this product is great for sautéing, frying, or baking.
What is more, it has a smooth and buttery flavor. I often use this oil for my daily cooking.
It’s best to use for Mediterranean recipes such as grilled tuna, Greek salads, lemony labneh with pistachios, Mediterranean pasta and more.
- 3-liter tin
- Smooth and buttery flavors
- High smoking point
- Carbohydrate and cholesterol-free
- Made of high-quality materials
- Packed in a vintage-style tin
- Essential for Mediterranean recipes
- Great for sautéing, frying, or baking
- It might be too mild for some people
|Capacity||101.4 fl oz|
12. Filippo Berio 100% Pure Olive Oil
(Best for Steaks)
This all-purpose Filippo Berio Pure Olive Oil is versatile and can be used as a healthy alternative for vegetable oil in your kitchen.
First and foremost, it’s cholesterol-free, trans-fat-free, gluten-free, GMO-free, sugar-free, and sodium-free. That means it’s diet-friendly and does no harm to you.
Due to its light flavor, I often cook steaks with this oil and the result is perfect. You can also gently brush your steak with olive oil before grilling because this oil layer will help your steak have an even coating, and all seasoning stick to the surface.
Plus, it’s imported from Italy and is well-known for a balanced aroma which is suitable for many recipes.
- Pure olive oil
- Light and balanced flavors
- Packed in 8.4-ounce glass bottles
- Product of Italy
- GMO-free, gluten-free and trans-fat-free
- Mellow taste for better dishes
- All-purpose oil especially used for seasoning steaks
- Good for sautéing, grilling and roasting
|Capacity||8.4 fl oz|
13. Happy Belly 1.5 Liter Extra Light Tasting Olive Oil
This oil has a light flavor that is suitable for making a variety of dishes. You can make yummy daily meals with it. To be more specific, it can be used for fish, chicken, vegetables, roast dishes and saute dishes.
The reason behind its versatility is that Happy Belly Olive Oil is 100% light olive oil, so that it has a high smoking point. That means it’s considered an all-purpose staple.
This product comes in a 51 fl. oz plastic bottle, which you and your family can consume for a long time.
For longer use, you should store it in a dry and dark place. Last but not least, it’s Kosher and contains no cholesterol, no trans fat, and no sodium.
- 100% light olive oil
- 51 fl. oz plastic bottle
- The light and subtle flavor
- Kosher certified
- High smoking point
- Nice color
- Suitable for cooking at high heat
- Able to use for making soap
|Capacity||51 fl oz|
14. Mantova Flavored Extra Virgin Variety Pack Olive Oil
(Best Variety Pack)
Supposed you want to lose weight, the addition of olive oil as good fat to the daily diet is the right thing to do.
And to enrich each meal and avoid getting bored, making you crave foods that are bad for weight loss, Mantova Flavored Extra Virgin Olive Oil should be on your shopping list.
What is more, this product comes as a variety pack of 4 flavors of extra virgin olive oil with garlic, basil, chili, and lemon. It’s up to you to choose which flavor you prefer adding to your everyday dishes.
In short, this oil can enhance the taste of the salad, pizza, pasta dish, soup, and more.
Additionally, it’s made from olives that are grown, harvested, and processed in Italy. It is well stored in glass bottles.
- 100% authentic Italian oil
- Variety pack of extra virgin olive oil
- Features 4 flavors
- Packed in glass bottles
- The balanced blend of herbs, spices, and olive oil
- No additives, preservatives, or artificial flavors
- Makes your diet becomes easier to follow
- High-quality and great-tasting oil
- Some people expect stronger flavors from herbs and spices
|Capacity||8.5 fl oz|
15. Bertolli Delicate Taste Extra Light Olive Oil
It’s undeniable that this oil has premium quality because it has proved itself by getting certification from the North American Olive Oil Association. As you might not know, that means Bertolli Delicate Taste Extra Light Olive Oil meets the exacting standards of the International Olive Council.
In terms of taste, this product features a mild and light aroma so that it won’t overpower the original flavors of all ingredients.
Thanks to high smoking point up to 468° F, it could go well with hundreds of high-heat cooking recipes, including searing, sautéing, baking, and frying.
All in all, this oil is a good choice for your health of you and other family members.
- Product of Italy
- Light olive oil
- North American Olive Oil Association qualification
- Balanced and mild flavors
- Premium quality
- Able to cook at high temperature
- A good alternative for butter and vegetable oil
- You might need to keep it away from direct light to avoid damage
|Capacity||51 fl oz|
There are a few things you should think about while you are shopping for the best olive oil for cooking as below.
Country Of Origin
Most olive oil products are imported from Italy, Greece, Spain and Chile, while the rest are from California, USA. They are known as countries with many famous olive-growing regions, and you can buy the oil which comes from those sources.
Best By Date
It’s one of the easiest ways to purchase good ones. You should keep in mind that the fresher the olive oil, the better. Some people don’t buy a product that doesn’t state clearly “best by date”.
Many premium olive oil products feature “harvest date” so the customer can know as much as possible about the olive oil they are going to use in their foods.
If you want to make sure the olive oil you bring home, look for a dark bottle because olive oil can’t stand the light. Exposing to light can lead to damaged oil.
The dark bottle can protect the content from going rancid.
Here are more tips to buy best olive oil products:
The best olive oil for cooking products brings a rich and flavorful taste to your dishes that you and your family can enjoy. You might have some questions before purchasing.
My Top Pick
We have gone through a lot of information about each product. I hope it will be useful for you to find your favorite olive oil for cooking and receive many health benefits from it.
And my choice is California Olive Ranch Destination Series Every Blend Olive Oil for its richness, freshness, and healthiness.
Tell me what you think, and I welcome to hear from all of the experienced cooking lovers.